Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 03:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
If At First You Don't Succeed...
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-21-2022, 04:12 PM

As the rumble of the crowd's approval echoed throughout the backstage area, wrestlers crowded around the gorilla position to congratulate our SuperCon champion. Ruby and Sarah Lacklan stood at the forefront as Vita burst through the curtain, her face flush and tired, but she wore a big smile despite the pain and exhaustion from the previous bout.

"OMG, you did it, you beat Corey Smith! You realize what that means, right!?" Sar can barely contain her excitement! "NOW you're just as good as me!"

Vita melted.

"Maybe even better!"

Vita swooned, but as always, Ruby was there to catch her as she fell!

"Hey bud, I knew you could do it!" Ruby gently guided Vita to the floor. "Today the SuperContenital, tomorrow the flippin' Universe!"

Maybe Corey was right? Maybe beating him one on one WAS a grander accomplishment than even winning the Universal Championship? There was no denying the outpour of support, and who would have ever thought that Sarah frickin Lacklan would admit that Vita's skill had risen above even her own!?

This moment was perfect, and nothing could ruin it!

"Hey, cunt!"

Vita grimaces at Stone Cunt as he breaks through the crowd and kneels down beside her. "I'm a big dumb cunt, cunt, and I'm begging ya!" Noah takes Vita's hand in both of his and begins pleading as tears spray out of the sides of his eyes like an anime character. "PLEASE TAKE ME BACK! I'M SO SORRY! I'LL NEVER DUMP YOU VIA FEDEX AGAIN, CUNT!"

Vita tilted her head to the side with a big smile before mouthing "I don't think so" and flicking Noah's forehead.

It exploded like a pinata, and Sour Cunt candy flew everywhere as the entire XWF locker room minus BOB cheered Vita on!

"Vita?"

Jami? Vita thought. She looked through the crowd, but she couldn't see her PR thrall, so she called out to her. "Jami!?"

"Vita! Are you okay?"

She must be worried about the crowd of usually very mean wrestlers standing all around Vita while she is still the (beltless) FREESTYLE Champion, Vita assumes.

"I'm fine! We did it, Jami!" Vita held the Super Con belt up slightly, hoping that Jami could see it.

"Vita, please wake up!"

"I am, awake, silly", Vita thought, but something began to happen to the world around her. It began to slip away, the faces, the laughter, the cheering, all gone. As Vita opened her eyes, she found herself laying on the trainer's table backstage at Warfare, covered in blood, with a pretty serious headache, and a stabbing hunger deep in her being.

"Vita! Oh, thank God!"

Vita tried to sit up, but she hadn't the energy and fell right back to the table.

"D... did I win?"

Jami took Vita's hand into her own and you could see that she did not want to deliver the news.

"You did great out there! Everyone is abuzz over that match and you deff stole the night!"

Vita rolled her eyes at Jami's lack of wrestling knowledge and struggled to raise her head from her pillow to scold the young (older than her) PR rep. "The main event can't STEAL the night, Jami! The main event is EXPECTED the be the best match on the card!" She said, exhausting what little energy she had left trying to ignore her neck feeling like the muscles connecting it to the base of her skull might rupture any moment, Vita dropped her head back to the table with a sigh.

"I'm not the champion am I?" Her memories of the night were beginning to clear and she already knew the answer.

"No, I'm sorry, but you did do really well! So well in fact that just a few minutes ago, Chris Page told me that you'll be given another shot at winning the SuperContinental Championship next Warfare!"

"A rematch?" Tonight really was her biggest challenge yet, and while she may have risen with it, she didn't quite rise to it, and right now in the physical state that she's in, another round of Corey Smith sounds like the most horrible thing in the world to her.

"No, Corey's done, remember? He even left the belt in the ring." Right along with Vita's broken body.

"Then what? A tournament, a battle royal?"

"Sorta..." Jami hesitates, thinking that maybe this isn't the best time to tell her. "Why don't we get you patched up first and worry about that later?"

"I'm fine, just-" Vita grimaced and clenched her stomach with both arms.

Jami looked concerned and leaned in close. "Vita? VITA!?"

Vita looked awful and was in dire need of blood, but through the pain of her vampiric hunger, Vita shot Jami a fierce glare. "Just tell me!"

*Sigh* "They're holding two qualifying matches next Warfare. One of them will see Marf pitted against Mac Bane. The other is you and... Peter Vaughn."

"Peter Vaughn, as in Universal Champion like a hot minute ago Peter Vaughn?"

"Yep."

Vita's eyes lit up despite the pain that she was in! "Do you know what that means!?"

"Yeah!" Jami said with a scowl. "They're trying to screw you!"

"WHAT?" That take caught Vita by surprise.

"Peter Vaughn is the most decorated wrestler in either of these matches by miles and miles. It's obvious that these contenders' matches are a sham! The least they could have done is seed you against Marf or Mac Bane in the opener!"

Vita seemed more hurt more by Jami's lack of confidence in her than she was by her partially crushed skull. Vita tried to sit up again but struggled just as much as before, but she didn't relent and after a moment Jami helped her upright. "Thanks..."

"Oh, yeah sure, don't mention it!"

Vita's head hung low, her not having the strength to properly support her own weight. She looked up to Jami with hurt in her eyes. "Do you really have that little confidence in me?"

Jami realized all too late the trap that she had fallen into. "Well... Listen, I didn't mean it like that! It's just, you're so beat up from that match with Corey, and-"

"Save it!" She snapped. The following moments between the two were silent and tense as Vita considered the new challenge that lay before her and how after her two most recent losses to Angelica Vaughn and Corey Smith, even her thrall had seemed to lose confidence in her, but it made no difference. Vita was up to the challenge, and maybe this time she wouldn't make the mistake of rushing in so headstrong... But first. "I'm going to need to feed, like pronto!"

Another Day

"At Savage, alongside Angelica Vaughn, we put on a wrestling clinic. At Warfare Corey Smith and I came just short of trying to murder one another in what was the match of the frickin night, as well it should have been! Unfortunately, I came up short in both affairs, but that's not the point. Well, not totally anyway. While I may not be able to etch two more marks in my win column, I do at least come away with the experience of standing toe to toe with two world-class main eventers, and I'm coming out of these defeats better prepared for whatever challenge lies ahead."

"Good thing too, because on the next edition of Warfare I may very well be facing my!!"

"BIGGEST CHALLENGE EVER!"

[Image: 8x1-Janitor-fired.webp]

"Yeah, I know, I know! I say that WAY too much, but hear me out!"

Vita stepped away from the camera and held her arms out to her side.

"The Universe, right? And not like 7 personalities and a billion years ago either. Like just over a month ago! This guy's legit, and he's really only been here for a cup of tea! Seriously, his career here in the XWF started just 5 short months ago, and already he has climbed to the top of the mountain! I'm not going to lie, this is more than my biggest challenge ever, it's downright scary! Please, don't confuse that with me being scared to step into the ring, because I'm totally not, BUT!! Who wouldn't experience a little butterflies heading into a match with someone who not too long ago was literally THE GUY in the XWF? Heck, even my PR rep, Jami, didn't seem to have much confidence in me when she first heard about the match."

Vita smirks, knowing that she probably shouldn't have said that. "She's going to kill me for saying that on camera, but the truth is the truth, and Jami displayed very little confidence. That's fine though because I have enough of that for the both of us! Facing a former Universal champion is always a little scary. You pretty much know that you need to bring your absolute best because people don't rise to that championship by accident, it's not like the Xtreme title or its current champion in that regard!"

"Except for that time that Scully won it from Vinnie Lane! Or that time that Peter Gilmour won it from him! Or when Chris Chaos won it from him! Reno, Blingsteen-" She was simply reading a blog about worst XWF champions, don't get too excited.

"Okay, yeah, the company had some dark times in the past, but that was before MY time."

"Peter Vaughn!"

An audience *GASP* track is played for comedy effect.

"Stop your bullcrappin'! Peter Vaughn won that championship by defeating Jim Caedus! You know, THE Jim Caedus!?"

That name did nothing for Jami. In fact, she had never heard of Jim Caedus prior to researching Peter Vaughn.

"Only one of the most dominant champions in XWF history! His Television title reign was magical! Each and every week Jim would kick the crap out of challengers with the Wrexus Plexus before dumping them on their heads with the KATABASIS! Nobody could touch him! He actually ended up just abandoning the TV title in pursuit of the Universal!"

"How long did he defend that one before losing to Peter Vaughn?"

"Um, well he didn't. He lost it the first time pretty quickly after some dude named John Blaq, who I guess was actually some dude named Bruce Blingsteen... Who I suppose, in the end, turned out to be some woman named Brucette Blingsteen... Uh, well she started saying mean things to him and trying to pick a fight and Jim kinda lost it and fell apart after Brucette cashed in a 24/7 case on him."

"Oh man, that's rough, but he got it back OBVs."

"No, not right away. I guess Jim was a little weak-minded, and all of those mean things really got to him, so he went into the rematch in a poor headspace, lost again, and kinda dipped. Honestly, it was pretty much the exact same thing that happened this time, only instead of Charlie Nickles swooping in to claim the Universal championship, the big doofus set Peter Vaughn up for the easy win. Ain't no plan like a BOB plan, am I right?" She said with a coy shrug.

Jami didn't really see the point. "So what? Are you saying that Peter Vaughn will be an easy win?"

No!" Vita was quick to correct her. "I think I've learned my lesson on overconfidence, but what I am saying is that Peter Vaughn might not be as scary as he first appeared. He's definitely not a world-class wrestler, and if you take away the sneaky plans and cheap moves, what you're left with is a pretty good janitor."

It was with a grin that she shrugged because, well, the man was handy with a mop.

"Peter Vaughn, you may arguably be the "biggest name" in the qualifiers to crown a new Supercontinental champion, but based on talent and merit alone, you are the least worthy to carry on where Corey Smith left off, and after what both Corey and I left in that ring Wednesday night, I'll be damned if I stand by and allow someone like you to sully that championship's reputation with your underhanded style of wrestling!"

With her intentions clear, Vita's demeanor softens.

"You know Peter, I understand that you are the way that you are because you were frustrated with your position in the business. Trust me, I understand. I've been there myself. Stuck in the opening matches with mixed success. Struggling to find your footing and feeling like you're doing everything wrong. Resorting to less than honest tactics to take what you feel you deserve. I know that the ride may seem fun now, but trust me, there will come a day where you take a step back and wonder who you have become, and if the things that you sacrificed to become this person were ultimately worth it."

In a short moment of silence, Vita reflects on her heel turn in 2019, and how the embarrassment from some of the things that she did then still haunts her to this day. Like when Mark Flynn Christopher Clinton dug into her past of bribery to gain cheap victories in the XWF.

"Peter, if all you wanted to do was become a better wrestler, there definitely was a better way. You don't need to lie, cheat, or cause any other shenanigans to get ahead in this business. All you need to do is work. Figure out what works and what doesn't, and use that knowledge to sharpen your game moving into the next match! Trust me, dwelling on the things that you failed to accomplish will drive you crazy, so instead focus on what you did right, and what you could have done better, and use it to overcome even the BIGGEST of challenges."

A soft smile crept onto Vita's face.

"And in the process maybe I can do for you what Ruby once did for me, and that's making you realize that cheating isn't the ONLY way, it's NOT EVEN the BEST way!"

Vita smiled confidently into the camera-

Off Cam - If there is such a thing

-as the director called cut. Vita immediately turned to Jami.

"See, what did I tell you!?"

Vita's enthusiasm was met with an eye-roll from Jami. "That was a fine monologue, but it didn't change my opinion."

Dread filled Vita's eyes. "Come on! You can't be serious! That promo was fire! I called him out on the fact that he's a dirty cheater AND that he hasn't really beaten anyone of note in a singles match outside of a Jim Caedus whose brain was oozing out of his ear come bell time! I even made the heroic pledge to prevent the evil-doer from tarnishing the reputation of the championship!"

"Well, you didn't mention how Peter Vaughn was easily distracted in his match with Mark Flynn or how that opened him up to lose to a schoolboy. That seems kinda important considering how many matches you've won with that very same technique."

Vita's eyes narrowed as she wondered how Jami could have known about that. She wasn't exactly the most well-versed in XWF lore and history.

"Did Sar tell you that?"

"No! Why would someone need to tell me for me to know?"

"Uh, because you don't really know anything about the XWF!"

"Yeah, well I can read and I have Peter Vaughn's match history right here, and you're my client, so it's kinda my job!"

There was an awkward exchange between them, Jami having taken exception to Vita's quick dismissal of her input.

"Whatever, you're still going back on the Stone Cunt Podcast!"

Vita dropped to her knees and pleaded with Jami not to force her to go, but Jami wasn't willing to budge on the matter.

"You were hardly on the show the last time before the call dropped! You're going! Besides, we need something to draw people's attention away from your last two losses, and I think this will present the perfect opportunity! OR, I could always tell Sar that you don't appreciate her help and support and wish for her to butt out of your life! That's always an option!"

Not for Lonely Vita who is totally digging the big sis attention that she has been getting from Sar, it isn't.

"No... I'll do it."

"Good! Our flight leaves tomorrow!"

Vita looked at Jami confused and seeking answers. "Flight?"

"Yeah, we're going to record live in-studio! No pesky phone connections to worry about this time!"

Vita slumped. "...crap..."

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
ALIAS (04-22-2022), Peter Vaughn (04-26-2022), Raion Kido (04-22-2022), Ruby (04-21-2022), Theo Pryce (04-25-2022), YALL_KNOW_WHO (04-21-2022)