Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 08:20 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
PlaceMarker Moment of Truth
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-03-2019, 10:58 PM

"When all hope is lost... you become hope."

---------------

The scene fades in on a smoky room, a figure standing in the midst of it all, a dim blue light shining through it all. As the figure walks forward, it is clearly Notorious Ned Kaye, dressed in a custom made Mega-Man ring attire, complete with biker helmet. He removes the helmet, giving a bit of a dorky smile. He nods, his spirit looking revitalized already.

"What are you made of?"

"When the clock's ticking down, what do you do?"

"Y'know, my team and I have been disheartened to degrees not yet seen before by the events of this past week. All of it going to hell. A bold XWF that proves to be cruel, uncaring, unforgiving, and disastrous. The same shit Robert was fighting against Chris Page for. But we failed. But we failed together. I should've been there to defend Robert from the cash in. I wasn't. But I have two choices now."

Ned adjusts his posture as a large fan blows his hair back.

"Some people think I should just give up. Take my ball and go home. They want me to stand by while it all comes crashing down. Well, I'm sorry, but no. It doesn't matter if it's storming or sunny, hellbound or heaven sent, the end of the world or the dawn of a new era! I stand tall and step forward!"

"You know, Tony, you're right. The odds are stacked against me! The universe is telling me that it's all hopeless! That's how I like it because I don't obey fate! I don't obey the odds! I don't obey your will or Robert Main's or Vincent Lane's or anyone's! I obey mine! I ignore instinct, I ignore fear, and I press forward all the same! I am a flame that you can't douse. A light that cannot be blocked out! If hope has truly left this Federation, then I will be its hope! This dark cloud will pass and I will make certain of it! I don't care if I'm the only one standing on hope's behalf, I'll gladly stand alone rather than turn my head any watch it drown! Let Vita succumb to her dark impulses! Let Corey stir in the shadows of his alter ego! I am an undying spark of determination! I strive every day to be the best version of myself and I can assure you that I must be succeeding somewhat with how overzealous so many in this company are to mention me!"

"The fact is I know it's not easy to do what I do. To keep my values. I don't do it because it's easy. That's why I'm going to beat you, Santos. I don't take the easy way out. Lux wants to criticize me for "being used?" Go ahead. You don't know the friendship I have with the APEX Prophecy. You don't know how quickly they offered to come to me in my time of grief and stand side-by-side with me. But you'll gladly play hero, Lux, while trying to use the death of a great man for emphasis. I never had a dog in the Main/Engineer rivalry, despite what some will think. I respect what The Engineer did for me and without him I wouldn't be here. My experiences grew on me, made me stronger, equipped me with the skills I needed for this moment in time! For this one task! I am culmination of every fight and ally who has stood beside me! That's what this costume represents Tony. The one thing that is holding you back: The ability to grow."

Ned points a glowing prop megabuster at the camera.

"You've pushed back against it time and time again. Now won't be any different. You will try your damndest to knock me out, to beat me senseless because you know I won't tap! I haven't yet and that won't change tomorrow night! I have the will and the way presented in front of me in clear detail."

"Many people ignore my second motto, Santos: per cogitabat, per facis. Do you know what it means? "By thinking through you." That's how I've come this far. I didn't win the Leap of Faith match by luck, I counted on the least accessible briefcase being the correct one. If Daniel wants to shout luck over and over, perhaps he should acknowledge that he was also headed towards that briefcase. I had to defeat Mastermind through clever thinking and quick wit. I shall repeat that slowly:"

"I out-thought and out-fought Mastermind."

Ned smirks, shrugging.

"I know a bunch of my peers will shrug that off, but I don't think any of you made him tap. I've been told countless times that I am the future of this business. Well, the future is now! It can't wait any longer. Am I completely ready? I don't know, but dammit if I won't give my best fight like I am!"

"I asked you, Tony, to tell me what kind of man you wanted to be. You didn't give me an answer. All you did was confirm your disrespect for me. That's fine. I know what kind of man I am and it's on display here. I know what kind of man you are, Tony, beneath the surface. I know it because I've been that kind of man. I've pushed away responsibility and the ones I love. I've been alone. I didn't have to be. Neither do you. But as much as I want for this match to be about pushing you to be someone better, forcing you to face those hardships without a bottle to scent your breath, this match has become bigger than you or I. This is about principle. This is about what you'll do when evil steps in your door. I don't see you saying much about it, Tony, and the XWF desperately needs someone who can and I will."

He raises his arms, his face taking a more serious expression.

"I'm not Noah or Hanari, Tony. My ego and self validation doesn't need a belt. As much as I'd love to prove that I can be champion, being a symbol of this company's integrity matters more. Helping you matters more. Even if I have to go an hour wrestling you, I'll do it. The ends are worth it, Santos. But I know for a fact that you don't have a goal like this to fight for. All you have is yourself."

Ned drops his arms. He becomes emotionally, clearly reliving his own experiences.

"Not for much longer."

"I want to get you help, Tony. You'll never accept it, so this is my one chance. I don't know what will happen next. I don't know if a loss at my hands will make you change, but I know it might make you understand what I'm saying. Maybe even believe me when I say I want the best for you."

"But that's not what you see. That's not what many of these fans see. They just see two talents and a belt and they want blood. And the more power we give to queens and tyrants and those unwilling to let this company move forward, the less there is a future for you and me. And the more it's just violence for violence's sake."

"I won't let that happen, Tony. I promise you that."

---------------

The scene cuts to Ned at his gym, in a near-sprint on a treadmill, several photographs placed in front of him. Sweat drips off him as he keeps going, ignoring obvious exhaustion. He seems to continue for a long time as the camera pans over the photographs, showing them to be Ned standing alongside the APEX Prophecy, another with Ethan, and a third one with him and Nate eating at an Italian place.

The camera cuts to a shot with a crumpled photograph in a trash can, Ned still visibly sprinting in the background. The picture is the one from his trip to Disaster Drop.

"You cling to the past or you move on from it."

"The future is now."

Ned tiredly steps off the treadmill after letting it slow itself to a stop. He picks up a towel, pressing it against his damp skin as he falls into a chair, breathing heavily. A small sound is heard from Ned's pocket. He checks his phone, revealing a text from Ethan.

hey ur flight is leaving in a bit. you coming?

He types something quickly before sending it.

Yeah. Omw.

Ned sighs, looking at his reflection on the black screen of his phone. Closing his eyes for a moment, he stands, putting his phone away and leaving some instructions for his pet sitter. He places some food in Deepthroat's bowl as the cat comes trotting towards him, meowing as Ned makes his way to the door.

"Moment of truth, little buddy."

Ned steps towards the door, reaching for the handle, breath held within. As his hand grasps the door, the scene cuts to black.

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
(09-04-2019), Barney Green (09-03-2019), Michael McBride (09-04-2019), Theo Pryce (09-04-2019)