Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 08:52 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Bouncing Back?
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-21-2019, 11:43 AM

”You know what, screw it. I’m going to put that match behind me and look to the future. That’s what I would like to say, but the fact of the matter is, I can’t put that loss to Sarah Lackland behind me. I can’t because I know that I can beat her, and I’m kicking myself in the butt for having failed to do so twice now! I don’t think that I’ll be able to move on until I can find the opportunity to get back into the ring with her and finally prove what I’ve known all along. I’m better than Sarah Lacklan!”

“Enter Savage and the Fatal Fourway match that I was stuffed into because let’s be real here, that’s all I bring to the show anymore. Just another random body to throw into a pointless and uninteresting match. I can see it now…”

Wiggly squiggly waves interrupt the video feed as the scene transitions into a prerecorded skit.

We find Atticus Black (actually it’s a poor impersonator) sitting at his desk and putting together the card for this weeks Savage.

“Oh lets see, who do I have to work with this week?” Ah yes, Jenny Myst returned to the XWF. I think she would make a fantastic opponent for Thaddeus Duke!”

Atticus scribbles the match in just below the predetermined tag team main event.

“Hmmm, it looks like I’ve put together a spectacular card, but what’s this?”

Atticus fumbles through his booking notes.

“Yes, it seems that I have forgotten to book one of the talents… Hmm”

Atticus investigates closer to figure out just who it was he forgot to book.

“Oh, no worries, it’s just Vita Valenteen. I’ll toss her into the triple threat with the other jabronies and call it a day!”

The same wiggly squiggly effect from before happens again to transition us back to VV.

”See, that’s all I’m worth to this company now. I’m just another worthless name used to fill a card with no real purpose or goal in mind. Why is that? It’s simple, and Sarah Lacklan said it best… I haven’t done F all in the past couple of months. Once poised to rise straight to the top of this company, I’m now thrown into pointless matches that offer little to no incentive to win them. For real, I’m facing John Black at Anarchy. Who has ever springboarded a career off of a match with John Black? Nobody, because John Black is so looked down upon that beating him means next to nothing, but losing to him can be the final death blow to anyone's career, but hey, that’s just one match, right? That is, until you look at the Savage card and see who I’m facing there. It’s more of the same!”

“Michael McBride? I didn’t even know he was still around. Like, is he really flying that low under the radar? Has he been competing this entire time, and nobody actually noticed until now? All things considered, that’s a very strong possibility. Just as strong as the possibility that he took his ball and left the XWF for greener pastures, only to find that not only was the grass not as green on the other side of the fence, but that there actually wasn’t any grass over there due to the nuclear explosion that had eradicated the place, but hey, all I really know is that I haven’t noticed him around since I whooped his and Gilmours butts to take back my Tag titles.”

“Then there’s this Kieran Overton guy. I don’t know if he’s new or what, but I swear, I thought I had never heard of him before. I say thought because once I saw what the dude looked like, I realized that I had seen him backstage or something. I only remember this because I remember remarking in my head how he reminded me of Gilmour before the liposuction. Is he a good wrestler? It’s doubtful, otherwise he likely wouldn’t be in this match, oh, and I’d have probably heard of him before too.”

“Finally we have a returning Finn Kuhn. FINALLY, someone worth stepping into the ring with. Atleast, that’s what I would say, had it not been for his awful showing against Barney Green of all people. I remember when I was first breaking into the XWF (last year) and Finn was on a bit of a hot streak of his own. He had been busting his balls off to move up the card, and it all came to a head when he defeated Chris Chaos to earn a shot at the Universal Championship. Of course he failed to win the belt, and then disappeared altogether shortly after a loss to old man Graves. Now he’s nothing more than a precautionary tale to someone like me. His career, and especially his inclusion in this match tell me that I need to do something to bring myself back from this rut that I’ve been in. I need to do something to regain all of the momentum that I’ve lost, and if I can’t, then maybe it’ll be me laying down for Barney Green next… NOT!”

“Listen guys, if you’re cool with sucking, then by all means continue to do so, but I’m far too talented to allow my fate to mirror any of yours. I won a 24/7 briefcase! Do any of you know just how hard that is to do? Have any of you won one? Yeah, I didn’t think so! I’m already in a class above the rest, and I’ve only been here for a year. If management wants to doubt me, if they think that my career has peaked at 17 years old like Dolly Waters career did at 14, then they’ve got another thing coming. I’m training my butt off, and I’m promising you all that I’m going to be on top of my game come Savage, and with that, the chances of me doing anything short of making the lot of you look foolish are next to zero…”

The past couple of months have been hard to say the least. With her her career on a steady decline, the once rising star has found it hard to keep up her cheerful and optimistic disposition. There’s nothing harder to overcome than a loss of confidence, and confidence is something that VV has gradually found herself with less and less of, as the losses have piled up. The loss last week on Anarchy was an especially hard pill to swallow considering the circumstances. VV had felt like she had the match in the bag, but a handful of tights and a three count later, and she was once more found wanting.

With that said, everyone finds themselves in a tough spot from time to time. There isn’t an athlete alive who hasn’t experienced their fair share of downs to go right along with those ups. The question is, can VV turn the tides and battle her way back up the card? Well, anyone that knows her knows that she’s probably in the gym right this minute perfecting her skills in anticipation for her upcoming matches at Savage and Anarchy because frankley, this girl doesn’t know the meaning of the word quit.

It seems that the narrator was right. We find VV in an undisclosed gym sparring against an unknown talent. Her opponent is a man in his late 20’s, or maybe early 30’s. He stands nearly a foot over the 5’3 VV, and easily doubles her weight. When we cut in, it seems as though VV has gained the upper hand in this friendly bout. She grabs the guy by the wrist with both hands and uses all of her might to whip him into the ropes. On his return, she leaps into the air to connect with a dropkick. Knocked off balance, he stumbles back. VV jump to her feet and moves in to take him to the mat, but instead she finds herself the victim of a fierce and powerful clothesline that not only takes her off of her feet, but manages to flip her inside out before crashing to the mat. The unknown wrestler then moves in to follow up, but is interrupted as VV shouts out...

”I quit!”

The other wrestler looks out of the ring to VV’s friend and part time travel partner Jessica as if to ask what he should do next, but Jessica seems more shocked than him. VV rolls under the ropes and sits on the edge of the ring. She grabs a bottle of water and angrily takes a sip before wiping the excess from her lips. Jessica takes this as her cue to come over and talk with her friend.

”Are you okay?”

VV glances into Jessica’s eyes before looking down to the floor.

”Yeah, I’ll be fine. He just hit me so hard that I thought I might have injured my shoulder when I fell.”

Jessicia isn’t well versed in the world of wrestling, but even she questions that excuse.

”Your shoulder? It didn’t look like you landed weird...”

VV’s brow sinks low before cutting a dirty look to her friend.

”Are you calling me a liar!?!”

Jessica is caught off guard as she has never seen VV act this aggressively in or out of the ring. She throws up her hand defensively in an effort to calm the situation.

”No, of course not. I was just saying… Ya know what, nevermind, what do I know anyway?”

VV looks back to the floor, the frustration is just oozing off of her at this point.

”Do you think you should get it checked out?”

”No, I’ll be fine. I’m going to get a shower.”

She slides off the ring apron and snatches a towel off of a nearby chair. Draping it across her neck she storms off to the locker room, leaving Jessica to worry about her friend and what she must be dealing with right now.

Some time passes, but with the magic of editing, it’s hard to tell how long exactly. VV emerges from the locker room, now dressed in casual street wear consisting of a pair of short pink jean shorts and a slightly too large white t-shirt with a faded pink heart printed on it. She smiles at Jessica as she casually walks by.

”You coming?”

Considering her attitude when she went into the locker room, Jessica is once again caught off guard by this sudden mood shift.

”Oh, uh… Sure, where are we going?”

”I’m hungry, so I’m going to the mall to get a slice of pizza, and after that, I don’t know, maybe I’ll do some shopping and try to get my mind off of… Things... ”

She doesn’t question it. VV hasn’t been quite acting herself for the last few days, not since losing that match to Sarah lackland at Anarchy. So whatever happened in the showers that put her in a better mood, Jess has decided that she’s just going to run with it. Besides, she can always try to pry later.

TBC

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year