Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-01-2024, 06:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! How can I improve my RPs?
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Hey everybody! I was going to do this a while back, but I pushed it off until now. I really keep improving as a writer and not let my RPs get incredibly stagnant and same-ish. I'm open to all criticisms of my writing, be as harsh and blunt as you need to be.

For a list of my RPs, check out my roster page and scroll to the bottom and you'll see a complete match history with all the match RPs I've ever written. You don't have to read them all, I just need general flaws in my writing that I should start working towards improving.

As a disclaimer, though, I am aware my latest RP is very rushed due to it being an overview of moments I planned to spend four RPs on, instead of just the one. Real life had to come first, however, so I'm really just proud I was able to finish the RP series I started. That out of the way, give me hell, fellas!

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-09-2019, 01:43 PM

See, you're a tough one because I honestly don't think you're doing anything glaringly "wrong". You're a pretty competent writer who I think has had the misfortune of going against some serious heavy hitters in a very competitive fed.

If I had to hit on something, maybe it would be to tune up the trash talk a bit? Really incisive, biting trash talk is absolutely a talent (although I'm not sure everyone is capable of it at the highest levels to be honest). I think with the general level of skill you show you could tune it up a bit, really go for the throat more. Other than that, I don't really know what to say.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-09-2019, 02:10 PM

I appreciate that, Lux. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I have to agree that trash talk is pretty tough for me. Whenever I'm self critiquing my works, that's usually where I think I'm weakest. I get very caught up in the character work that I don't get across as much fire as I'd really like. I kinda view it as a balancing act, but I know it comes easier to some more than others. Regardless, I'll listen to your suggestion and really focus more time into it, probably start reading the dictionary to increase my vocabulary so I can utilize a more diverse way of wording insults while keeping the heat on.

XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Hate Post Like Post
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

05-09-2019, 02:32 PM

Yeah, that was a missed opportunity on my part. I was banking a bit too heavily early on to have several more promos I could get a lot of mileage out of, but once I was just pushing myself to finish that last one, I got sloppy and didn't develop all of my ideas like I would have wanted. Either way, it falls on my shoulders.

Some of my trash talk troubles are probably somewhat due to the lack of experience. Not to say it's something I don't need much work on; I'm not that arrogant. It's just that being a first time fedder with the XWF, I have a lot to learn to keep up with a buffet of great writers. And just writing trash talk more often will likely help me find a proper groove for it.

It definitely would've been a little douchey for you to do that, heh.

XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder

Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Hate Post Like Post