Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 07:43 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Tainted Destiny
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-29-2018, 01:51 PM

The first step was to, of course, set up some kind of HQ. Further in my bag was my police scanner and I bought a map of Hollywood from the Uber driver to post up on the wall. The hotel room will have to do for now until I win the TV Title and guarantee a place to really get things going. I feel bad leading on this city like I am.... But if there's anything I've learned in life, it's to only focus on things you can control. Am I going to win the XWF Television Title on Monday? Shit. I hope. Nate-Dawg might have something up his sleeve that Calypso may not be ready for. Am I confident? Shit yeah, I'm confident. I'm motivated. I feel the future of Hollywood now rests on my shoulders and it all comes down to one night. One opportunity to claim my stay and prove my worth. The very sake of this city resides on this match.

The moment I set up the police scanner its going nuts.

"We have a 143 *static* skurrrrpshhhhurrrr.... Grant Street... Any units in the area, pleabbbtttttt respond."

Pretty shitty signal though... I slap it and it does nothing.

"*static* skurrrpshhurrrr..... Unit Thir-y -Ooh en rou-- skurrpshurrrr.... te *static*"

"Sounds urgent!"

I waste no time and suit up! I already have the Uber dialed while I'm gathering my stuff. They're to meet me outside in just a few minutes.

It HAS begun.

As we approach the destination I see police lights flashing. There are two squard cars parked in front of some old, compact apartments. The Uber leaves me off about halfway down the block, I paid on the app, so that was covered. I gave the dude a buck for his time and I was on the street.

I googled the police code on the trip over, hit and run. Probably drunks... Maybe drugs or gang related. Could be the start of something. Totally worth checking out.

When I arrived to the scene, a heavier-set, African American, Woman-Cop was writing something up next to beat up fender on an already pretty beat up Ford Bronco. I tucked my cape and approached.

"Looks like a hit. Any leads about the run?"

The officer stops what she's doing and looks up to me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Excuse me?"

New city, of course. How would she know.

"My apologies. I'm the Blue Tango. I'm here to aid and assist."

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the crime scene, please."

Hmph.

"Ma'am. I AM the crime scene."

She just looks at me with a tired look about her and goes to her radio.

"We have a code 17 over here."

She said that and went back to her business. I'm apparently wasting my time here. Before I knew it, two other police officers were standing on each side of me...

"Sir, is there a problem?"

Obviously, there was. Like a sixth sense, my nerves were going crazy. I reached in my pouch and brought out a bundle of firecrackers. I lit on and dropped it to the ground, fleeing the scene as the chaos snapped and sparked under the officers feet. They obviously don't understand the danger this city is in right now. They obviously don't value good help either. That.... Or they just don't care.

I figured if I was going to get to the bottom of anything around here, it wasn't through the poilce. Who knows how many corrupt cops, politicians, mailmen, athletes, and directors come through Hollywood. I don't even want to think about it.

The firecrackers provided the distraction I needed to flee the corrupt cops and make my way down an alleyway close by. The hit and run was just the crust of the pizza. I needed more. Like the toppings. And eventually, the sauce.

I took to a Starbucks I seen nearby. I figured the best thing to do now was to find a "phone-booth" and scale down a little bit. Let Calypso gather some clues if he can while staying incognito. After all, this does all come down to him.

In just another day or so, I face Nate Adolf Zack Idenhausen for the XWF TV TItle, and as I've stated it's about Jim Duggan time. Hoooo! Anyway, I take to the Starbucks, and, of course, the line is about ten people long.

I have no time for this.

I step towards the front of the line and confront the next person in line.

"Excuse me! Do you like movies?"

They didn't seem to hear me.

"EXCUSE ME!"

I step right in front of them.

"DO YOU LIKE MOVIES?!"

The dude bounces back plugs his right ear... Oh, bluetooth thing.. Okay.

"Yeah, hang-on, some weirdo in a costume is trying to get me to buy some movies, or something..."

Ugh.

I was getting nowhere here, whch is why the second the person came out of the bathroom I rushed in and locked the door to a chorus of boo's and curse words behind me. Fuckin' A, people. Duty calls. I switched out of my Blue Tango gear, called an Uber, and managed to squeeze out of the window that led to the outside alley behind the cafe. Tight squeeze, but remember, I'm a vegan.

This shit is starting to get real, though. The cops are already against me, the townsfolk are blind, the water is poisoned, and I have a Television Title to win. I took the Uber back to the hotel room to regroup... Tonight was a good night, but in the same turn, a bad night. I have my work cut out for me and a long road ahead if I ever want to save Hollywood.

I didn't see it until I went home, but Rita called me about four times and texted me about an XWF thing going on tomorrow. I suppose it's best to maintain public appearances and continue keeping up with my alternate ego. It pains me doing so knowing that there's so much more going on that needs to be done. But, I suppose, this IS for the best..... At least for the moment.

I returned my agent's phone call and we chatted for a few minutes. She booked a sit-down, in-depth interview with XWF Reporter Steve Sayors. Joy. That guy has walked past me so many times backstage, never caring who I was then, and now I get an "opportunity" to make him look great with one of the greatest life stories to ever be told. It was to happen tomorrow morning at the XWF studio. As for now, it's late. Even though the first response for the Blue Tango was a bit of a bust, at least I've got one foot planted. It won't be long until people on the street are talking about a mysterious masked figure, moon-walking from shadow to shadow, trying to bring light back to a city that's fallen dark. Those same people as they walk those streets, day and night, will have the satisfaction of knowing that someone, something is watching over them. Then, every summer, when the blockbuster movies are released, they won't suck and all of our favorite actors will no longer be drug addicts, whores, or pedophiles on the verge of being exposed and admitting their crimes and falling forver into obscurity.

The next morning, I was preparing my usual avocado spread over wheat when my cellphone starting blowing up again. I take a quick bite and answer it.

"Rita!"

I say with half a mouthful. I look at my watch. The interview with Sayors isn't for another couple of hours.

"What's up?"

"Bad news, champ!"

Uh oh.

"What is?"

"There's been a rain check put on your interview with Sayors today."

"Pffft. Go figure, the guy to this day doesn't know who I am. The dick."

"Well, actually, no one has seen him for a couple of days."

"He's missing?"

"No one's really sure, yet, but, regardless, no interview today."

I take another slow bite from my avocado toast.

"So what's the game plan then?"

"A monologue."

"Monologue?"

I about choked.

"Yeah. Just you, the camera, and the XWF Universe. How does that sound?"

"I dunno... Kinda boring? What should I talk about?"

"Your big title fight tomorrow, maybe?"

"Hm.. Yeah, I could. Should I go into my past at all? Like, my time in Persia and----"

"I would just stick with the match and your plans WHEN you win the title."

..... If you only knew.........

"I like your optimism. When is all of this going down?"

"Whenever you want, really. Just show up to the studio and I'm sure you'll be able to find a place to get it done."

"Awesome-opossum."

Our phone call ends and I take the last couple of bites and begin my morning calisthenics. I could hardly concentrate though... Steve Sayors? Missing? It's probably all a hoax. All damn journalists care about is their story. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just cooped up somewhere interviewing someone he finds to be a juicier story. The jerk.

After my exercises I prepare a shake and a shower and am ready to head to the studio. A little ridiculous they want this out of me, but I suppose promoting the match is pretty important. The Television Title IS this show's top prize and highly admired and sought after. Every week the title is put on the line and the champion is tested to hold onto it.

When I arrived at the studio, via Uber, I walked in and was immediately signalled over by Rita. It was quite a coincidence she was there, I never told her when I was coming. I wonder what else she is trying to get me involved with.

"What's up?"

"Hey, champ!"

She said to me with a hard punch to the shoulder....... And yes, it did.

"I'm not the champ, yet."

"Ahhhh, but soon enough, right? It's in the bag! Calypso! New XWF Television Champion!"

She yells throughout the studio. Staff and pretty much everyone pay no attention and continue doing whatever business it is they have.

"So, what brings you here?"

My agent looked at me with one of those stern, motherly looks again.

"Hey, where you go. I go. We're a team, okay?"

She smacks the same spot she punched, dead-on.

"Okay. When is this 'monologue' thing happening?"

"Come with me!"

We walk on the other side of the building and find the room where the film crew hangs out. Rita pretty much snapped her fingers and go us everything we needed set up. I was put inside of what remdinded me of a exam room at a doctor's office. The room was painted some dull gray color and all I had to sit on was a steel chair.

Sounds about right.

They turned the lights out and used stage lights which were basically blinding me and sat the camera about five feet in front of me.

ACTION!

I felt a little ridiculous. I was prepped up for another questionaire.... Not whatever THIS is. Rita's voice bellows from behind the camera from the darkness.

"Any day now, kid."

My palms were sweaty and the hair on the back of my neck felt like little pricklies. I took a deep breath and said the first thing that came to mind.

"Sup XWF? It's yo boy Calypso in the hizzle!"

I think I heard the Price is Right horns going off somewhere because of my failure.

"I've been around in the XWF for quite some time now, haven't I?  I've made some friends, I've made some enemies, I've made some frenemies.  I've won some, lost some.  I've won championships.  Will you find my name up on the XWF Power Rankings each and every week?  No, I'm no Peter Gilmour or Finn Kuhn.  My opportunities have been few and far between and I'll admit that I am guilty of not always taking advantage of them when they arise.  I will also point out that also unlike Peter Gilmour, I don't get these opportunities every other week like he does.  A few months ago, I had a chance to win the Xtreme Championship in a match that I know I could have won.  For starters, Ghost Tank was in one corner.  I've proven that I have his number, without a doubt.  In the other corner, was Bearded War Pig, the guy that walked away the winner that night.  I DO have an inner-respect for the bearded one, but at the same time....  He's barbaric.  A damn heathen.  And he's mean to animals, and as we all know, I'm not into that shit.  If I could turn back time and find a way, I would have handled things a bit differently and, who knows?  I could STILL be the XWF Xtreme Champion."

"But let's get back to reality here."

"As I've said, I only focus on what I can control.  My effort and my attitude going into this match.  The past is behind me and gone for good.  The TV Champ, N.A.Z.I., is renowned enough.  Nate-Dawg is a former two-time Xtreme Champion during his tenure before Calypso was even part of the XWF roster.  So, yeah, the dude has some XP."

"Judging by the stories I have heard and just by getting the few glances I have had at the guy, I would say that he is working towards a higher purpose than just being and XWF champion.  Well, I have news for him!  I, too, serve a greater purpose.  This title, this life, the fans, the glory....  It is all just a tip of the iceberg.  Its just a small pixel in a much bigger picture.  But that is hardly something we need to be getting into now! At this very moment, the most important thing to do....  the next step and the key to all of this is to win the gold.  Monday night, I must become the new XWF Television Champion.  I have seen great things follow a TV Championship reign.  Not just money and fame.  Not just a guaranteed slot in the main event every Saturday (or Monday) night...  but more and much greater opportunities.  Opportunities that THIS guy is tired of passing up or leaving for the next guy.  I have found a new arc in my life and I plan on riding it off into the sunset, my people.  The Calypso that you only knew to be the man who defeated Ghost Tank in his debut match on November of 2014 in a meat hook match has evolved.  I am a fuckin' butterfly that has spread its beautiful wings as it burst feom the cocoon."

"Nate-Dolph, this is all coming down to who wants it more. And, ya know, after just a day, I've grown quite fond of this city. I think I'd like to stick around awhile."

[Image: UyL4zO9.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
(07-29-2018), Darius Xavier (07-30-2018), Nathaniel Idenhaus (07-29-2018), The Engineer (07-29-2018)