Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-08-2024, 04:12 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! Help , I hate plagiarism
Mezian Offline
Does Fate Whispers Your Name?

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-20-2017, 03:33 PM

So I want to take Mezian in the direction of a cross between Bray Wyatt and The Broke Matt Hardy Gimmicks. The problem is I don"t want to straight up plagiarize them. I can write like there characters act as I am a Bi-Polar 1 With borderline Schizophrenia and severe manic episodes. I don't know how I can pull this off without being a heel. I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can give.

[Image: lXVtJMr.jpg]

• W/L/D
  • 23/15/0

• 3xHeavyp Metalweighti Championn
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mezian's post:
Dolly Waters (04-20-2017), Imperial (04-25-2017), Rain (05-08-2017)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

04-20-2017, 04:46 PM

So long as you're not copying things verbatim you'll be fine.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
Rain (05-08-2017), The Monster of Htaed (04-20-2017)
The Monster of Htaed Offline
War is just an All You Can Eat BUFFET...

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

04-20-2017, 06:41 PM

I agree with Dolly. In all honesty, almost any creative idea has been used in writing one way or another. It is more or less your unique twist on things that inspire you in my opinion.

[Image: tzaJpcU.jpg]
Death before Dishonor...
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Monster of Htaed's post:
Dolly Waters (04-22-2017), Rain (05-08-2017)
TheUltimate Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

05-04-2017, 08:34 PM

(04-20-2017, 03:33 PM)Mezian Said: So I want to take Mezian in the direction of a cross between Bray Wyatt and The Broke Matt Hardy Gimmicks. The problem is I don"t want to straight up plagiarize them. I can write like there characters act as I am a Bi-Polar 1 With borderline Schizophrenia and severe manic episodes. I don't know how I can pull this off without being a heel. I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can give.

Possibility could be creating a cast of characters or at least one or two on whom Mezian can demonstrate his insanity. Family members, maybe a coach, a manager an agent, a significant other...but someone who can be the "straight man" to both strike a contrast with Mezian and also for whom Mezian can react to or act out on and thus establish his craziness

Or maybe their could be some sort of ward for the insane that is trying to get Mezian and lock him up?

Just some stuff off the top of my head. BTW, I think that being crazy can make someone immediately sympathetic...the least sympathetic bad-guy is the one who knows what he is doing and is calculating in his evil deeds. A crazy guy is not only let off the hook a bit, he's at a disadvantage in a lot of ways and thus has our sympathies to an extent.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like TheUltimate's post:
Imperial (05-04-2017), Rain (05-08-2017)
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

05-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Hey, I'm not held in the best regard here [killed back in 2013, haven't made a decent impact yet] but I know how it feels to be schizo and bipolar... Maybe if you had him refuse help and display that he likes being the way he is, and taking his emotions out on others [as Ultimate mentioned] it might go a little ways into changing how the character is perceived. I for one have often been given advice I didn't take, and this has led me to being kicked out of numerous feds and causing friends to walk away. It's led me to being a 'heel' in a way, I think you could make something happen in that vein. If you play any character the right way, even if they're based off others, you can make them unique and fit what you're looking for. Hope our advice helps you. Peace. ^__^

[Image: Dahvie-vanity-botdf-crew-31823997_zpsgzuqvwx0.gif]

iAm fluid... my gender, my sexuality, my personality...
as fluid as the drops of water pouring down upon us from the heavens above

Former 24/7 Xtreme Champion [x1]
Born: 10.31.89 -- Died: 09.13.13 | ReBorn: 08.11.2014 | #emoHero | #BROKEN

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rain's post:
TheUltimate (05-12-2017)
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-15-2017, 03:53 PM

Personally, I really don't like it when someone is cribbing an existing character. Especially when they then use that character as their avatar (not saying you do this, but I see a ton of people do it). I've always felt that starting with "I wanna be like so and so" is always a bad, bad start. Anyone with any degree of wrestling knowledge and reading comprehension will probably pick out what you're doing pretty quick. And in past feds that I judged in, if you were aping an existing character it was a huge strike against.

That being said, I've played face characters with mental illness twice, once early on in my career and once much later. The second one was better. He was somebody delusional who thought he was someone else, was totally oblivious to it, and was so folksy and down to earth as that persona that he was very lovable despite being crazy.

The first one was more maudlin and ham fisted, but still alright. He was a talented young kid who was involved in a car accident that gave him nasty facial scars. He wound up with depression and PTSD, had some suicidal tendencies. But I think the thing I did right with him was that despite some dark times it wasn't always about his mental illness and he was able to have some fun too. I also gave him a heelish manager as a foil, which conidering he was a face and a good kid who wanted to do the right thing it created some funny scenarios. Take away though is that mental illness is fine, but don't make it central to who the characer is. They shouldn't just be a diagnosis.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Engineer's post:
Mezian (05-15-2017)
Mezian Offline
Does Fate Whispers Your Name?

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-15-2017, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I'm trying out all of your ideas one by one to see how it works out.I appreciate the advice.

[Image: lXVtJMr.jpg]

• W/L/D
  • 23/15/0

• 3xHeavyp Metalweighti Championn
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mezian's post:
Rain (06-07-2017)