Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-15-2024, 04:18 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's HIAC
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

10-30-2016, 07:47 PM

Going to weigh in on this, but just curious on everyone's general thoughts of the match

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

10-30-2016, 08:07 PM

Disclaimer: Firstly, I'm a sucker for story telling in matches and I over analyze absolutely everything.

All of this is common knowledge but let's just be honest about the nature of the HIAC stipulation. WWE has absolutely sucked the life out of it; there's no more mystique, no more curiosity to romanticize. The majority of this is due to running a HIAC themed PPV during the PG Era where in one night we get at least 2 of these matches a year, most of which have been wildly underwhelming.

Tonight's first two matches were no different imo, and for as much as I love both Steen and Rollins, that entire furs has been a dumpster fire to begin with; but in the main event tonight I feel like I watched one of the greatest matches ever fought in the cell. Right up there with HBK Taker/Foley Taker/Foley HHH

It was amazingly firstly that two women closed a PPV in WWE for the first time ever, and even that aspect was overshadowed by the nature of match itself. The acting, from the observable verbiage all the way to the mere facial expressions from both Sasha and Charolette were things of future wrestling lore.

All I could think about when charlotte was screaming "respect me" was this feeling that she somewhere deep inside loves Sasha and feels genuinely hurt that Banks is stealing her thunder rather than going along on the ride with her former buddie. To paint Charolete as the more physically tough competitor was genius but only because Sasha was painted as more mentally tough. Banks didn't look phased as the cell lowered and flair did, which led to the cheap shot in the beginning.charollete tried escaping to the roof, Sasha chased. But in the end, the Cell proved to be a structure of those most physically apt, as it alwats has.

Fucking A+ best cell match on that PPV ever imo

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

10-30-2016, 10:29 PM

got to disagree with u here dolly. while im glad they got to main event, i felt the match wasnt great. u had them play up the shit with sasha injured.. AGAIN.. then she fights back to get the match on, but u could tell they were gonna give it back to charlotte. its stupid how the title flip flops from sasha to charlotte. i bet sasha gets in back on Raw and we get this whole cycle concluding at TLC in the first ever women's TLC match where I bet Sasha gets hurt again. i dunno why they not pulling the trigger with her and giving her a long reign. she should be champ all the way to mania and face bayley at mania 33 as a heel. this shit with charlotte as champ sux. she's just a paper champ in my eyes.

match was mehhh 2.25/5 stars

check out my thoughts on the rest of the ppv here

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Dolly Waters (10-31-2016)
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

10-31-2016, 12:02 AM

It was a failure, Hell In A Cell? More like Meh In A Cell. Fuck this women revolution, the only reason WWE are forcing it down our throats is because they've seen the rising popularity of women athletes such as Ronda Rousey and they're trying to capitalize on that. How is it a Women Revolution anyway when this "revolution" only focuses on three of the four horse women, none of the other women on the RAW roster matters, Nia Jax just beats jobbers and Dana Brooke and Alexa Foxxx are made to look like jobbers themselves. I can't remember who else in the RAW Womens division. However I can name you every woman over on Smackdown rather easily because they all have their own characters and are all made to look somewhat important.

Don't get me wrong The Four Horsewomen are all amazing wrestlers, but so are some of the women outside those four atleast Smackdown seems to realize that. Sasha and Charlotte are deserving to main event a PPV I suppose you could argue but this Women Revolution propaganda is bullshit that just needs to be deaded. Same with a couple of other angles on RAW actually. This Authority angle? Dead it. New Days title reign? Dead it. I could probably go on.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Killjoy's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (11-01-2016)
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-31-2016, 03:48 AM

Were we not watching the same match? I'll be interested to see how Meltzer grades it

The story telling alone put this match over in my opinion... the stretcher job took a little too long I felt, but the match was really good.

Plus I think this thing ends at Survivor Series with these two, and Sasha finally gets her win at a marquee PPV. thus ending Flair's PPV win streak.

That's when we'll see Sasha go heel and build toward WM with Bayley.

I don't know that we should just write the women's movement as propaganda... THEY JUST FUCKING CLOSED A PPV! Never thought I'd see that in WWE in my life.

And I'm sorry but the four horsewomen are the women's movement, Smackdown went a little deeper than RAW did on drafting women because RAW is still the staple program, but I don't know I could watch Charlotte and Sasha fight forever... Nia Jax is cool but lets be honest, she's really only around because she's a big ass Samoan and the Rock's cousin...

Hot shotting the title between Charolette and Sasha is what was needed, it builds the legitimacy of their rivalry

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Mia Dim Offline
TPOI

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

10-31-2016, 07:02 AM

That spot in the beginning with the announce table was cheesy as hell. Bitch falls on a table 20 seconds in and has to be stretchered out. And then falls from like 5 inches through the one inside of the cell. They didn't perform as well as the men and that's why they shouldn't get equal pay.

At least we got to see sashas ass cheeks though

[Image: image-146.png]
I hate people who look different
and if u dont like it then u can leave                                                                                   

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mia Dim's post:
Guppy Parsh (10-31-2016), Peter Fn Gilmour (11-01-2016), Vincent Lane (10-31-2016)
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-31-2016, 07:20 AM

=(

Guess I'm all alone here.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Tommy Gunn Offline
Director of XWF Security

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-31-2016, 07:28 AM

Yeah the spot at the beginning of the womens match was completely . The whole stretcher thing was dumb since it was obvious what was going to happen.

The match itself I thought was pretty good. Not a huge fan of the hot potato they are playing with the title.

The KO/Seth match had so much potential but they ruined it by having Jericho involved in 3/4's of it.

Rusev/Reigns was good but not great and the rest of the card was so so.

I'd give the PPV a C+ overall.

[Image: PFcRGRj.png]

Record: 8 - 2
1 x RTX Champion
1 x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
1 x Federweight Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-31-2016, 07:30 AM

I don't know, I guess I'm just marking too hard for these gals. been a huge fan since their early NXT days, in all actuality, they're a lot of the reason I started following WWE again.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-31-2016, 07:32 AM

I think the first time they swapped the women's belt was just because Sasha was hurt... I guess she wasn't as hurt as they were thinking, though. Not sure what the idea is this time other than that they obviously want to have Charlotte as the main attraction. Not a terrible decision, imo.

I'm a huge Sasha mark, but I get terrified every time she wrestles because I think she's going to kill herself.

Obviously this should lead to a Charlotte/Bayley program which can be good. I also really want to see how Emma fits in - I thought (before she got hurt) that Emma/Dana with Charlotte would be an awesome 4 Horsemen type group, maybe with Nattie thrown in for good measure. Not sure who the 4th would be right now though.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vincent Lane's post:
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-31-2016, 07:35 AM

(10-31-2016, 07:32 AM)Vincent Lane Said: I think the first time they swapped the women's belt was just because Sasha was hurt... I guess she wasn't as hurt as they were thinking, though. Not sure what the idea is this time other than that they obviously want to have Charlotte as the main attraction. Not a terrible decision, imo.

I'm a huge Sasha mark, but I get terrified every time she wrestles because I think she's going to kill herself.

Obviously this should lead to a Charlotte/Bayley program which can be good. I also really want to see how Emma fits in - I thought (before she got hurt) that Emma/Dana with Charlotte would be an awesome 4 Horsemen type group, maybe with Nattie thrown in for good measure. Not sure who the 4th would be right now though.

I have a feeling that WWE still wants to replicate the Bayley v. Sasha thing, so this is just speculation, but I feel like they'll do one more Charlotte/Sasha at Survivor Series and allow Sasha to finally get her marquee PPV win for the title and give Charlotte the time off she deserves.

This should allow Banks to eventually go heel in the run up to WM where her and Bayley should be a nice draw for the card.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Tommy Gunn Offline
Director of XWF Security

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-31-2016, 07:57 AM

(10-31-2016, 07:32 AM)Vincent Lane Said: I think the first time they swapped the women's belt was just because Sasha was hurt... I guess she wasn't as hurt as they were thinking, though. Not sure what the idea is this time other than that they obviously want to have Charlotte as the main attraction. Not a terrible decision, imo.

I think the WWE sees Charlotte as a marketable star for a decade where as with Sasha they see her reckless style as one that will put her on the shelf in a few years.

Which to me means they should market the fuck out of her for the next few years and cash in as much as they can.

I definitely agree with you that whenever she wrestlers I pretty much expect the worst.

To that end, I think Smackdown does a much better job with the womens wrestlers than Raw does.

[Image: PFcRGRj.png]

Record: 8 - 2
1 x RTX Champion
1 x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
1 x Federweight Champion

Hate Post Like Post
Mr Killjoy Offline
Who wants their trap silenced?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

10-31-2016, 02:17 PM

The "getting stretchered out only to come back to fight" spot has been over done, not much of a revolution if they're just recycling old shit, don't get me wrong the WRESTLING in the match was great, but some of the spots were just meh. I don't care about the storytelling because I don't care for either Sasha or Charlotte as characters, Sasha is legit one of the worst promo cutters in WWE and Charlotte is still in her fathers shadow imo but that might just be me. I preferred them both much more when they were in NXT.

Charlotte vs Bayley will be good though, if anything simply because its a helluva lot more refreshing then Sasha vs Charlotte.

[Image: UbmSUem.jpg]

Banner created by Gabe "The Radical" Reno

XWF Career accomplishments/Highlights:

One Time XWF Universal Champion
Two Time X-Treme Champion
One Time Intercontinental Champion
One Time World Tag Team Champion
XWF All Time Top 50 inductee
One Time 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Intercontinental Royal Rumble Winner
Captained the winning team "Team Dominance" at War Games '15
Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
July 2015 Superstar Of The Month
March 2017 Superstar Of The Month
October 2016 Promo Of The Month "Changes"

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr Killjoy's post:
Dolly Waters Online
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-31-2016, 02:21 PM

I get what your saying. Only 3rd stretcher job in HIAC ever though.

I'm with you though, I'm ready to watch Bayley get her run to the top. Chick is a female Cena, but I can legit appreciate what she does

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Guppy Parsh Offline
Person Against The Rape Of Lizards

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

10-31-2016, 04:59 PM

I liked it, but then I watched Nikki Bella vs. Charlotte at Night of Champions 2015, and I liked that match more. So maybe it wasn't really that good.

[Image: H1oMImx.jpg]

16-4
XWF Top 50 of All-Time (#22 on 2015 and 2017 editions, #26 on 2021 edition)
1x RTX/Ruler of the Road to Extreme Xtreme WORLD Champion
2x Trio Tag Champion (1x as Tri Bute /w Ms. Diaz, Ms. Snow Pharaoh, and Mr. Supernova) (1x /w Benito Angelo and Jervis Cottonbelly)
1x Ark of The Covenant Champion
Winner of Gaybe Lincoln's XWF Tag Team Tournament /w Scully
Leader of the PAT-RO-oL's Anti-Rapist Division

Shoutout to Graves for the banner

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

11-01-2016, 12:33 AM

i think sasha will return at survivor series and be on the raw women's team and somehow screw charlotte OR screw the entire team thus turning heel while bayley gets the title from charlotte at Road Block in December. then u play off sasha being jealous of bayley winning the title then have them face off at the rumble or stretch it out till mania where they have the match of their lives.. not main eventing the show but have a epic match with bayley going over.. i think this would really catapult the women's division on raw..

on SD Id have alexa bliss win next week on SD LIVE and keep the belt because I dont think Becky is credible as champ. true she was injured but she really hasnt defended the belt and imo alexa is the best girl on SD. Nikki Smella Bella is boring and her fued with Carmella prob end at TLC..

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post