Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-13-2024, 01:12 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Test EVERYTHING
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-25-2015, 11:03 PM

I think I managed to do the impossible and retain the good parts of our last forum version combined with some of the newer. At any rate, now is the time to literally test EVERYTHING you can think of on these boards and report here in this thread what you find wrong.

Click the links on people's user accounts (view all posts, all threads, etc...)

Do some searches using the basic and advance search options.

Make sure all results/threads/etc are clickable and WORK, bringing you to the right content.

Test out switching the layout design and back again.

Go into your profile settings AND your options (2 different things) and make sure everything works fine and you're able to make changes.

Make sure the time zone keeps showing up on the index page as Pacific time for your account(s).

Test other features like multi-login, submitting test forms with random shit filled in, the "resize" link at the top of our BLUE layout that adjusts the board with to fit your screen, XBux functions, signatures, avatars, the word counter, etc, etc, etc, etc... it never ends. Test your own fecal matter. Everything must be tested by as many people as possible to make sure all accounts (old and recent) and all user groups can perform all functions and view all areas.

Also inform me of minor glitches and cosmetic ugliness, such as if something looks misaligned or whatever.

You have no idea how difficult it was to scrape and combine the appropriate old/new settings and content but I'm pretty sure we're past the hard part now. Now let's figure out what odds and ends still need my attention so we can get this show on the road!

Keep in mind everybody, if you do see an error message, MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE THE EXACT ERROR HERE. Otherwise I can't investigate.

Thanks everyone for your patience through all this.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-25-2015, 11:59 PM

hope this works even if we got a 1 day rp window

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-26-2015, 12:25 AM

Well I mean obviously the PPV was delayed due to this so we're going to allow a few days for everybody to regroup and realize the site is back up, and then I'll be making an announcement regarding RPing, PPV, etc...

Hate Post Like Post
Mike Emerick Offline
Soon...

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

12-26-2015, 01:39 AM

I'm sorry I have to do this, BUT I GOT SOME BAD NEWS! So I'm currently working on a new character and when I try to upload a profile picture for the character's profile, an error message pops up. I'll report if there's any more errors.

The end is nigh

Hate Post Like Post
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 2 users Hate Mike Emerick's post!
(12-26-2015), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-26-2015)
Mike Emerick Offline
Soon...

XWF FanBase:

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

12-26-2015, 01:54 AM

Nevermind, you already fixed it! Good job Shane!

The end is nigh

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike Emerick's post:
(12-26-2015)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-26-2015, 01:57 AM

Yes I was working on the profile pics a few minutes ago and they should be good to go. lol

In the future, everybody, if you do see an error MAKE SURE YOU COPY AND PASTE THE EXACT ERROR HERE. Otherwise I can't investigate. Thanks!

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-26-2015, 02:04 AM

LIKES have been restored!

HATES have been restored!

REPUTATION system has been restored!

PROFILE COMMENTS have been restored!

If you ABUSE any of these features you will be banned. I am fine with jokes and "ribbing" to some innocent degree, and I will know the difference between lighthearted/playful jabs and actual abuse/favoritism/etc... NEVER give a negative reputation to a brand new user for any reason, unless it's 100% obvious they are just here to cause trouble. Use common sense for all of these features. If you're ever unsure of how/when or how often to use a feature, you are more than welcome to ask me for clarification before you do whatever it is you're thinking of doing.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (12-26-2015)
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

12-26-2015, 03:57 PM

Hey Shane,

I went to make some changes to my roster page and got the "this account is suspended, not activated, or banned" message. Was going for full edit, don't know why it wouldn't work.

[Image: Wz4kwdV.jpg]
The awesome banner was brought to you by Morbid Fuckin Angel.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-26-2015, 04:18 PM

This page? http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=12917

Probably because it's in the inactive roster page section. I'll move it to the normal section. Try again and confirm for me if that fixed the issue.

Hate Post Like Post
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

12-26-2015, 04:19 PM

Thanks Shane. It works now.

Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-26-2015, 04:45 PM

Everything is okay at my end

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates drezdin5788's post!
(12-26-2015)
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

12-26-2015, 06:47 PM

Also I appear to have a "Warning Level" and I'm not sure why....

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cain's post:
(12-26-2015)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-26-2015, 06:48 PM

mE TOO MINE SAYS 69% HEHEHE

Hate Post Like Post
Cain Offline
The Last Son of Eden

XWF FanBase:

12-26-2015, 06:58 PM

(12-26-2015, 06:48 PM)Amjetkun Socio Said: mE TOO MINE SAYS 69% HEHEHE

Hrm...but I don't recall breaking any rules

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-26-2015, 07:00 PM

hOW HIGH IS YOUR PERCENT%?

Hate Post Like Post
Tyrone Jackson Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-26-2015, 07:41 PM

Cain, your warning looks like it's at Zero on my end.

[Image: MYYxiQT.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Vanessa Gibson Offline
Womyn's Champion

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-26-2015, 11:28 PM

Liked and Hated same thread. I don't see this as broken particularly, I think it's actually really novel that we have the capability to do both.

Was able to Un-hate a thread but not Un-like. This was kinda strange, but it was an OOC thread that I agreed with, so no real egg on my face per se.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-27-2015, 02:40 PM

I'll probably do some cleaning up on the Likes and Hates, making some areas of the boards only accept one or the other (or none)... but on the sections where both buttons do appear, yes, it's normal to be able to like and hate the same post.

The removal option for hates is intentional, just in case a person accidentally hated a post. For likes, the removal option is NOT there and that's also intentional because accidentally liking a post isn't really going to raise eyebrows with some people the way a "hate" might. Plus, if people get called out on playing blatant favorites and only liking their buddy's posts, I don't want them being able to cover their tracks. lol Not that anything so petty would ever be an issue here in the XWF, though.......................

Hate Post Like Post
Ginger Snaps Offline
<3 Ginger <3

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

12-27-2015, 08:00 PM

My apostrophes in my RPs look weird. I was re-reading some of them, and they turned like this.
Code:
Why didn’t you order chips?

[Image: aTUIZMN.png]

<3 Gator <3
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-27-2015, 09:27 PM

(12-27-2015, 08:00 PM)Ginger Snaps Said: My apostrophes in my RPs look weird. I was re-reading some of them, and they turned like this.
Code:
Why didn’t you order chips?

Looks like specialized characters such as slanted apostrophes ( ’ ) instead of ( ' ) have for some reason been turned into their non UTF8 encoded counterparts. This is not something I'll be able to fix, but NEW posts should not be affected by this error as far as I know.

My guess is anybody who was using slanted quotation marks also had their old posts messed up, but I'm not sure.

If anybody wishes to fix such errors in their old posts, simply go into full edit mode of the post and copy the entire contents into something like Wordpad and then do a "replace" function (usually in the list of options under Edit) and replace the messed up characters with the correct punctuation mark. In this example you'd replace all instances of ’ with the apostrophe instead.

Hate Post Like Post