Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-01-2024, 07:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Which one describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I usually try to play along with anything and everything, and am able to use it to my advantage because it gives me even more material to work with!
66.67%
12 66.67%
I usually will try and shoot down gimmicks, no sell attacks, etc... I'm more of a "handler vs handler" type of guy than a storyteller
5.56%
1 5.56%
I'll usually play along as long as it's not TOO over the top sci-fi or unrealistic bullshit. If it's over the top, but the person is good at making their influence felt IN SHOWS (not just RPs) I may be more likely to play along instead of crapping on the gimmick
22.22%
4 22.22%
I have a very specific outlook I'm describing in my reply below...
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please chime in and share your thoughts
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-23-2020, 05:51 AM

I'll play along with most anything.

Attacks - I do enjoy the surprise aspect of attacks and usually don't want to be involved/have knowledge of them prior to them happening. There are exceptions, like if it's a big brawl angle or something, but if it's just an attack, keep me in the dark if you can.

Selling a gimmick - I prefer to sell the gimmick. An exception is if the character themselves doesn't believe it. As an example, Vita did not believe in the supernatural when I first brought her here because it felt only natural for a fresh-faced teenage girl just entering the business to not buy into all of that, but as she began to interact with these people she started to become more open-minded.

Something that I have been thinking about recently is that characters that have special powers/skills should add special moves to their movesets where they can show off those powers in matches.

Obviously I don't think anyone wants matches full of people flying around and shooting laser beams out of their eyes and stuff, but if used sparingly it works and doesn't turn the matches into a sci-fi fest.

Think Undertaker teleporting out of the grave at Wrestlemania this year.

At the same time, if you are making a character with powers, you should probably think those powers through a little.

If you are indestructible, why are wrestling moves from regular mortals hurting you?

If you have super strength, speed, or whatever, how is it that you are losing matches?

If you can fly, why aren't you winning every battle royal we do?

I've been thinking that maybe a stamina system just for super moves would work.

This thread is very helpful though as far as knowing who to and not to work with without talking to them first.

For anyone who doesn't know, I was the one who wrote EDWARD biting off Cents finger. I didn't really think anything of it at the time. I was looking to add some spice to Cents story and I thought the idea of it was fun. It also gave us that segment where Cent was able to show his dark side which I thought was pretty cool, so cool that I sold that dark side right into a career-ending disability for EDWARD lol. It seems to be personal preference here, but that's what I like about efeds. Instead of planning out every move that I want to make, I just react to events as the character would. It helps take our stories places that we probably wouldn't have thought to go prior to. Most of what I do is reactionary. As a matter of fact, I can say that everything that I am doing right now with my characters has been based off of a reaction of what others are doing.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
Shooter Syn (04-23-2020)

Messages In This Thread
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
re:Question... - by B.O.B. D - 04-22-2020, 01:44 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Question... - by Peter Fn Gilmour - 04-22-2020, 01:47 PM
re:Question... - by Chris Chaos - 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:03 PM
re:Question... - by The Hired Gun - 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Question... - by Shawn Warstein - 04-22-2020, 02:23 PM
re:Question... - by Carver's Sheath - 04-22-2020, 02:30 PM
re:Please chime in and share your thoughts - by Vita Frickin Valenteen - 04-23-2020, 05:51 AM