Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-22-2024, 05:47 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cold open question
SteamDieselBlack Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

11-30-2019, 06:00 PM

So just a quick question. Ive never heard the term cold open in relation to an RP forum before, and so im wondering what it is exactly. It is just striclty an interview in the back or the intro of the character to the ring. Sorry dont mean to be needy or anything just unsure of the term.

[Image: 1FVv1Oe.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-30-2019, 06:04 PM

It just means that if your opponent rps first, you can't reference or directly attack anything in that rp with your first.

That way it's an even playing field and we don't have everyone trying to wait for their opponent to rp before they do.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vita Frickin Valenteen's post:
Theo Pryce (11-30-2019)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-30-2019, 06:06 PM

No. What it means is that there is no responding to your opponents RP in your first one. Usually if you post first you’re OK, but if your opponent goes first you can’t respond to the RP.

It’s cold as in, no responding to the first rp that is posted, and RP after that can reference any RP posted. The first one cannot comment on the first one posted per person. If that makes sense.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shawn Warstein's post:
Theo Pryce (11-30-2019)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

12-01-2019, 10:56 AM

One last bit I would mention is that the cold open rule doesn't mean you can't reply to an opponent's promo that came before the present show. For example, if you thought your opponent said or did something dumb in a promo from weeks before, feel free to reference it. The cold open rule is strictly for that given show only, and is designed to take away any kind of advantage people would try to get out of waiting for an opponent to go first.

My personal opinion is that going first is definitely not always a disadvantage as somebody who knows what they're doing will still get it done. Plus when you go first you can set the tone and tenor of what is to come sometimes. But I see the reason for the rule and there have been some people who abused going second in the past.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

12-01-2019, 12:48 PM

These guys explained it well enough. Basically we wanted to try and lessen the tendency some people had of trying to wait out their opponent so they could use their post as ammo against them. This way it's impossible, so no one should have to wait or be worried about going first... since in essence you'll BOTH be going first.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
SteamDieselBlack Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-01-2019, 05:24 PM

I think I posted mine in the right spot. if I didn't just let me know and I'll move it

[Image: 1FVv1Oe.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post