Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-11-2024, 09:25 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you no like Savage?
Darius Xavier Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-06-2019, 05:29 AM

So we've noticed over the last few weeks, months really that participation for Savage has been down. Way down. We are routinely getting 3 match cards which to us is almost not worth the effort.

My question to all of you is why are you not signing up for Savage? I have some theories but rather than putting words into your mouths I want to hear it from you all directly.

Why aren't you signing up? And are there things we could do to entice you to sign up?
Edit Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-06-2019, 05:35 AM

Can I make a guess?

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-06-2019, 05:44 AM

I personally don’t sign up for Savage because I do a lot of writing and finishing up things on Saturday nights. A show on Saturday just doesn’t work for me personally

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shawn Warstein's post:
Darius Xavier (06-06-2019)
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-06-2019, 05:47 AM

(06-06-2019, 05:35 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: Can I make a guess?

Yes
Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-06-2019, 05:48 AM

(06-06-2019, 05:44 AM)Fuzz Said: I personally don’t sign up for Savage because I do a lot of writing and finishing up things on Saturday nights. A show on Saturday just doesn’t work for me personally

Well the deadline for Savage is midnight PST on Friday night. Not sure if that helps or not. Not trying to debate you or anything just wanted to clarify incase there was any misconception since you mentioned doing work on Saturday specifically.
Hate Post Like Post
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

06-06-2019, 05:50 AM

I know that I don't have much dog in the fight since I'm only active for Anarchy, but it might be workload. If you want to compete for the TV title, it's 4-9k in a 5-Day window on TOP of your Warfare or other fed responsibilities. I know I said "No thanks! 😂" when I realized that.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacklan's post:
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-06-2019, 06:42 AM

What Sarah said.

If you remember, Savage started out as being the show with the LEAST work involved (compared to Warfare which was also weekly back then but unlimited.) Madison made Savage and didn't want to read that much basically LOL. The original setup was 3 RPs with 2K max whereas Warfare was "whatever." So when people drifted to Savage it was because they wanted to do less.

Lately, they have sort of switched. Even with 3 RPs also on Warfare they get a full two weeks to do it. Now Savage is the heavier burden.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Darius Xavier (06-06-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (06-06-2019)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

06-06-2019, 06:58 AM

It's funny. I was just considering signing up for the next Savage because the idea of doing one RP sounds good to me, but I also don't want to "take away any spots", seeing as my main story is on Warfare.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 214-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

06-06-2019, 07:11 AM

Usually, I sign up with two characters, on Savage. The last two times I've only gone in with one but there has never been a time, when I don't opt in. Least not since 2019 started.

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Hate Post Like Post
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

06-06-2019, 07:42 AM

With the risk of being slightly inaccurate, I'm going to explain my personal reasons and explain how I view the niche each show represents.

To restate something Sarah mentioned, it's just not realistic when you're writing for other shows. If you're someone like myself who tries to write up to the RP limit every time, then you're doing six RPs a month for Warfare. It's a big demand, but certainly not undoable. But to also have a seperate show to compete in that's weekly? It's just not very appealing.

It becomes even less appealing when Anarchy was relaunched in its current form. Anarchy does lighter workloads considerably better, along with the chance that you won't RP at all in an Internet Division match. So, the show made for less work is quantifiably more work than a new show.(And the current Anarchy roster is telling of this idea to me.)

So, what you're left with is three shows that ideally want to fill different spaces. Warfare, the flagship, requires the most work over a reasonable amount of time and gives writers a lot of freedom with storytelling because it allows multiple RPs. Anarchy has a possibility that you won't RP at all and if you do RP, it's cut off at a 1000 words. On top of that, it has the same frequency as Warfare, so it has fully encompassed the spot of the light workload show. But Savage? Savage has a short deadline, three seperate RP limit variations, and a short amount of time to opt in because of it. Honestly, because it lost one of its big appeals to another show, it really only has speed going for it, which I don't think is super desirable for a lot of the writers currently here.

So, what's the solution in my dumb, uninformed, rookie opinion?

Fuck, I don't know. I think it would really help if we had more users. If Savage had a more consistently rotating roster, I don't think people would mind opting in as much. I would think maybe you could try to do what Anarchy does and have auto opt ins, so the GM team can have control on the workload for certain members. It's just a complex issue and I'm not really certain how it could be fixed properly.

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Kaye's post:
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-06-2019, 08:10 AM

I started to not Opt In because I wanted to focus on my Universal Title opportunity. But I also agree with people saying the work load seems more than originally presented. I know I'm starting to run low on ideas, which sucks given my next match, and it's been making me need a break.

I like Savage. But it being every week, I get the feeling it gets too much for people who also compete on other shows. I do like the TV Title, though, and I feel like Lux being willing to defend against anyone is almost incentive in itself to compete on it.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes B.O.B. D's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

06-06-2019, 08:16 AM

I would opt in for savage since it's 1 to but the word limit would hurt me. Plus I work most of the week so yeah..

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Samuel McPherson Offline
"The Animal"

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

06-06-2019, 08:26 AM

Yeah it's because it's a weekly show that kills it for me. I do think however it could be changed to people doing one RP bi weekly, but I guess that's pretty much optional thing for Warfare. If it helps, I have had thoughts on moving Samuel there cos I am a one RP person, but I don't think I can RP every week. Also, I like the fact it's a Saturday show. Too many feds these days have shows on Sunday's.

[Image: sb5kD4m.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Samuel McPherson's post:
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

(06-06-2019, 08:16 AM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: I would opt in for savage since it's 1 to but the word limit would hurt me. Plus I work most of the week so yeah..

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
James Raven (06-07-2019), John Whyte (06-06-2019)
Tommy Wish Offline
Some Nobody

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

06-06-2019, 08:42 AM

To tie to what Ned said, there could be that Anarchy policy where whomever is on the Savage brand, can be auto opt in, if there is any objections to that idea, then they can shoot and PM bout it. But overall, brand is going through with a rescission due to the roleplays limits and the consistent shows coming every single Saturday. Sadly, not everyone would be able to maintain their drive to shoot consistent RP's every single weeks incoming to Savage. It gives people a sense of "oh fak dat shit, imma roll wit Anarchy or Warfare" and leave Savage without chance to be over.

Savage should be every other Saturday in the calendar, instead of every Saturdays in a week. Im not sure on RP's, but thats up to the players and bookers to decide on. To be honest, bi weekly could be something to consider, or not. I am not position to make that call, but that should be the direction that Savage can move towards.

So, its not that anyone like Savage, its just the external factors that tend to make people reconsider the time they have, since this just a hobby.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Tommy Wish's post:
Darius Xavier (06-06-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (06-06-2019)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

06-06-2019, 11:03 AM

I agree with biweekly savage

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-06-2019, 01:24 PM

I intend to switch myself to being primarily booked on Savage, does that count? I just can't be booked until the show for the 22nd. I have other priorities that take precedent before then.

[Image: hZM7vS3.jpg]

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-06-2019, 04:33 PM

It's because I smell bad.

Honestly though, even I have started to realize that with the new rules changes, Warfare can in a lot of cases be the lower workload, which is why for the last couple weeks for my title defenses I've tried to drop down to offering the 2 RP option to try and catch more fish (I'm sorry I can't just do one RP option I hate it). When I came back as Lux I came back PT wanting a much lower work load than what I saw as Engy. Technically I still have that, but the week long RP period could be a deterrent to people for sure. In a nutshell, I too think the solution is also making Savage every 2 weeks and keep the RP limits the same. I kinda see the breakdown like this:

Warfare, still the biggest work load, with higher word limit restrictions if at all
Savage, middle of the road, with some word limit restrictions
Anarchy, lowest work load, strict 1000 word 1 promo cap for those who want a quick in and out

But all shows are every 2 weeks. The shows could even be staggered too, so that there is still a show posted every week to keep interest high

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
B.O.B. D (06-06-2019)
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-07-2019, 04:09 AM

Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestion. The GM team has discussed a few different things and we will be making an announcement in the coming days as to the future of Savage.
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-07-2019, 05:13 AM

The reason we kept Savage as weekly is for any people who might prefer that as an option... but I'm not sure how many people really do prefer it, TBH.

My main goal was to give something for everyone, each type of RPer out there. Some people like small RPs, some longer, some unlimited, some weekly, some every other... the fact that we even have three different shows is actually kind of rare honestly. Most efeds out there are one or two max.

I really appreciate the information from everyone though. We've seen lower opt-ins than this before and still managed to make it worthwhile. I remember a few Savages that literally only had one match booked.

Hate Post Like Post