Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 09:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
PlaceMarker Rough Waters: RP #3
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-07-2017, 10:59 PM

[duke]Tuesday, July 4, 2017 | 6:32 PM | Eastern State Hospital | Lexington, Kentucky [/duke]

The ride from the residence of John Carter to Lexington and the hospital in which Dolly rests in was relatively quick and painless. Thaddeus is upbeat and pretty relieved to have located his friend. Tritter is relieved because now he gets to go back to doing what he does best and James is just happy that Thaddeus is happy. What a friend.

Tritter steers the car into the bare parking lot and eyes a space near the front entrance and the car rolls to a stop. Lincoln puts the car in park and shuts off the engine. ”Small problem,” Tritter says while looking at his cell. ”It’s a holiday. The hospital will be understaffed and they’re not likely to allow visitors.”

[duke]”Look at me,”[/duke] Thaddeus says and Lincoln does so. [duke]”Do I look like a man that is going to be denied here on the home stretch? I have a pocket full of cash. I’ll get what I want one way or another.”[/duke] Without saying another word, Thaddeus exits the car and heads toward the hospital entrance. Jim and Lincoln hurry to catch up.

Once Thaddeus reaches the entrance he tries the door but its locked up and he can’t enter. Noticing a ‘page’ button on the wall beside him, he presses it and waits. ”State your name and your business,” says the male voice on the other end.

[duke]”Thaddeus Duke,”[/duke] he says hesitantly. [duke]”I’m here to see Dolly Waters.”[/duke]

A few seconds go by and it gives Jim and Tritter time to catch up.

”I’m sorry, there’s no one here by that name. Even if there were, we don’t have visiting hours today.”

”Sir, I’m Detective Lincoln Tritter with the Frankfort Police Department,” Tritter chimes in. ”The name you’re looking for is Worsted. Not Waters.”

Several seconds pass by and a loud buzz comes from the door. Tritter opens the door and lets Jim and Thaddeus through before entering himself. ”Work smart, Thaddeus. Not hard.” As they pass down the hallway, they’re approached from the other end by a smiling middle aged woman in a lab coat. She slows as she approaches and holds her hand out toward tritter.

”Dr. Jane Reeves, I run the place, Detective.”

”Lincoln Tritter, Frankfort Police,” he responds as he shakes the womans hand. She then moves on to Thaddeus.

[duke]”Thaddeus Duke, ma’am,”[/duke] he says, shaking her hand.

”James Edwards.”

”What can I do for you all?”

[duke]”I’m here to see Dolly Waters. That’s it.”[/duke]

”Doctor, she’s admitted under a pseudonym. The name Worsted.”

The smile fades from her face. ”No I’m sorry. She can’t have visitors. It’s too dangerous.”

[duke]”Nah I don’t think you understand, Doc. I am GOING to see her. This is not a debate.”[/duke]

”Young man,” the Doctor stammers. ”This is a state hospital. She’s too dangerous to others and herself and she is not allowed visitors. End of..”

[duke]”Did I stutter?”[/duke] Thaddeus asks, growing with frustration. [duke]”That girl is a sister to me and I don’t really fuckin’ care if this was the god damn White House. I’ll see her, or I’ll destroy you.”[/duke]

Doctor Reeves places her right hand on her chest, taken aback by the young mans threat.

[duke]”Everyone has dirt and to be honest, even if there wasn’t dirt to be found, it’s not hard to put it there. It’s not hard to make it look like there’s something there just long enough to take away everything you worked for years to achieve.”[/duke]

”Maybe its best if y’all leave. I’d really hate to have to call the police.”

Tritter shakes his head. ”Lady,” Tritter says softly. ”I am the police. The boy is with me and if anyone will bring her out of her shell, it’s him.”

She deliberates quickly, then admits defeat. ”Left through the doors. She’s in the dining room.”

Thaddeus proceeds passed her and Jim follows him. ”That boy is a bit high strung,” she says, turning her attention to Tritter.

”He’s a loyal son of a bitch. Almost to a fault, Doc. He’s very headstrong and I gotta tell ya, I’ve never seen a young man his age pull off the things he does,” he says as he watches Thad and Jim pass through the doors.

”You’re not really a Detective, are you?”

Tritter smiles slightly and shakes his head. ”No, I’m not. But he can do everything he threatened you with because I’m the guy that’d be doing it for him.”

”Who is he?”

”He’s very rich and very powerful. You wouldn’t think it just to look at him, but he can annihilate your world as soon as look at ya.

“Forgive him though. He won’t let anyone stop him from protecting his friends.”

Thaddeus and Jim enter the dining room and see Dolly, sitting alone in a chair and staring out the window.

[duke]”Dolly!”[/duke] he shouts with a great big smile, then rushes to her side. [duke]”Dolly, what the hell are you doing in here?”[/duke]

Dolly turns her head toward him. ”Do I know you?”

The smile disappears from his face and he looks at Jim with a puzzled expression. Turning back to her he takes her hand in his and she quickly pulls it away.

[duke]”Dolly, listen,”[/duke] he states before she interrupts him.

”Name’s Ally, not Dolly. I don’t even know a Dolly.”

Thaddeus notices her hair all disheveled and reaches up to try and fix it. She slaps his hand away from her.

”I think you should leave.”

Thaddeus stands up from his knelt position and looks at Jim with a concerned look about his face. [duke]”Jim what the fuck is going on here?”[/duke]

Jim shakes his head. ”I don’t really know, bud. I’m as confused as you are.”

”She’s hear so that we can determine whether or not she is fit to stand trial, Mr. Duke,” Doctor Reeves informs as she enters the picture beside Jim.

[duke]”Trial? For what?”[/duke]

”The state wants to charge her as an adult for the assault on that boy in her school. She almost killed him.”

[duke]”Did he deserve it?”[/duke]

She scoffs. ”I don’t know how things are done where you’re from, but in Kentucky, if you nearly kill someone, you’re gonna to get into a whole heap of trouble.

“No one deserves that.”

[duke]”Really Doc? If you’ve seen what I’ve seen, you might think a little differently.”[/duke]

”I don’t think you understand the gravity of the situation she’s in.”

[duke]”That’s where you’re wrong. It’s you and your backwards fucking state that has no idea what this girl has been through and you probably never even tried to investigate right? I mean that’s how this shit works. The state gives you a prisoner, and you fix ‘em all up just enough that they’re coherent and intelligible at trial. Just long enough so the state can drop the hammer.

“You better put me on your approved visitor list or whatever it is you call it because I promise I will be back,”[/duke] he states before walking toward the doors to the dining room.

”Thaddeus, you can’t fix everything and everyone.”

They stop outside the door and Thaddeus peers through the glass at Dolly. She turns her head to look back at him, then quickly faces front again. [duke]”Find me the victim.”[/duke]

”Thaddeus, listen. That’s dangerous. You could get yourself in trouble for witness intimidation.”

[duke]”Did I give you an order?”[/duke]

”Yes.”

[duke]”What was it?”[/duke]

”Find the victim.”

[duke]”And what are you gonna do?”[/duke]

”Find the victim.”

[duke]”Good. We’re on the same page. Let’s go.”[/duke]

[duke]What’s the matter James? You a little bit frustrated? Does it bother you that pretty much everything you say rolls off my back? Does it bother you that you criticize me for not researching you when you’ve done exactly the same thing to me? Sure you can recite my win loss record or remind me of those I lost to, which for the record, I don’t forget. But you can’t say for sure how old I am and you bring up my middle school days. But can you even hit me with anything intelligent that has any real weight to it? Sure, you talk a great game but if people are buying into what you’re saying as something profound and hard hitting then they’re just sheep being lead to slaughter just as you are.

Verbal sigh. It’s complicated. I know. But the information you’re missing, is readily available on XWF99.com. I’ve seen it myself. So yeah Raven, pretend you’re this great fucking machine that has all the answers but completely ignore the fact you know nothing about me.

I need to pose a legitimate question here. If James Raven is such a legend, and he is. And if today’s XWF is so much weaker than the XWF James is used to, then why come back here? If you’ve already done it all like he has and you’re already a legend and a hall of famer or what have you and the XWF is so so so much weaker than James Raven’s heyday then… why is he here? If one has nothing left to prove and they’ve done all the things then, there really is no reason to come back. Except for ego purposes. James Raven wants, no, NEEDS, to prove to himself that he still is the best thing since sliced bread.

I mean, this a guy that just got into a pissing contest with his six year old son because Tyler is a fan of mine. So what? I have a lot of fans, James, and the vast majority of them, are kids. Tyler says he likes me because I’m strong, but you argue with him saying you’re stronger. Tyler says he likes me because I’m fast, you argue saying you’re faster.

He.

Is.

Let the boy look up to me. At least there’s someone in this company these days that a child can look at and have good reason to like him. Jesus Christ, Raven. Is your ego that big that you have to one-up a small child? Much less one you seeded?

I don’t pretend to know anything about Mia Sanchez and you say she’s a lying whore. Maybe she is, but I didn’t see you argue any point she made about you seeing Tyler. Not effectively anyway. It’s kind of a recurring theme with you though isn’t it? Making invalid points and terrible arguments in hopes that someone won’t catch you.

I told you, I see you. And I do. I don’t see a bad father, I see an absent one. I know both, because I have that. So yeah, its a bit of a hot button issue with me. I don’t normally touch on an opponents private life regardless of whether its on camera or not. Kids are different. When I see a child longing for his fathers attention, like Tyler is, it makes me sick to my stomach. Why would James Raven not move to Arizona to be closer to his child? Yes, its a dust bowl shit hole and yes its typically reaching triple digits during the summer, but Tyler Raven lives there primarily. That’s where James Raven should be. So he can visit Tyler during his off days. Maybe go to a park or take in a baseball game. James Raven is in Toronto and not Phoenix, because James Raven loves himself more than anyone else. Including his own son. It strikes a nerve within me and I can’t let you off the hook for that one. Four months is too long. Get better at it, or someone else will.

So my mention of your family and your son somehow equates to my lack of confidence? No, I just see a child missing his father and it hurts me to see it. It’s not like I hid that well or even tried to. I’m not short on confidence and you can take a look back at every promo I have ever dropped. While I am human and I have my flaws just like anyone else, my self confidence has never been an issue and it never will be. I know how good I am and I know I have room to grow as a competitor.

Raven says he doesn’t need mulligans because he beats people the first time and that I use my age as an excuse for my failures.

No.

Wrong.

What I said was I was very young in my career and did not have experience against the big guns. There’s a difference. A big one. I have that experience now. I know what it is I need to do to beat those guns. You call it a mulligan. I call it righting a wrong. It’s a wrong when I fail because I know I have what it takes to beat anyone and everyone. Including you. You may be the greatest of all time, Raven, but I plan on being there right next to you. We’ll have a feast in your honor at Savage because I plan on serving roasted goat to Duke Nation. I know I have what it takes to defeat you, James. But can you live with it? Can you live with the fact that I’ll be your 20th loss instead of your 95th win? I told you I wasn’t rolling over for you and I wasn’t coming here to kiss your ass for all your past achievements of grandeur.

None of those matter when the bell rings, James. All that matters is you and me. All that matters is what happens between those bells. You’re going to find out just how confident I am, when I take the goat and I pin him for three seconds. I only wish I could be there to see Tyler celebrate the fact that I beat his daddy on live national television. To be there while he poses with MY title, that’s still coming home with ME.

It’s okay James. You losing to me isn’t going to tarnish your legacy. Sometimes I win, sometimes you lose. I’m ready to go. I’m ready to fight the great James Raven and the world knows I’m ready to defeat him.

Mulligans. Pfft.[/duke] Jack scoffs. [duke]You might want to rethink your position on mulligans because I am going to victory tomorrow night. You might want to gear up and come at me again to even the score. I’ll be ready and full of confidence for that, too.

Tomorrow night, James Raven, you’re going to find out what I already know, what Tyler Raven and the rest of Duke Nation knows, and its that Thaddeus Duke, is better than you.[/duke]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
75-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(07-07-2017), JimCaedus (07-07-2017), Muddy Waters (07-08-2017), Vincent Lane (07-08-2017)