Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-08-2024, 02:35 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! PPV - Guest Judges
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Two things.

First... I'd like as many guest judges as possible. The more judges I have, the easier time I will have in coming up with the right winner. I expect some close contests.

PM me if you're interested in guest judging for the ppv.

Second... I kind of want the show to have an old-school vibe to it. Those that are old enough to remember WWF pay per views from the late 80's and early to mid-90's remember that before just about every match, there was at least one interview with one of the competitors.

They were never real serious interviews, but it was like a "final thoughts" kind of thing. So what I'd like from you (the roster) if you're interested, of course, is to come up with a small pre-match interview. Warfare roster members can use Sayors, and Madness members can use Chad Lewis.

Obviously, not everyone will submit something but I'd like to get at least a handfull of you guys participating in this.

Any questions/comments, please PM me. I'll be at work from 7pm to 7am, then after I get home tomorrow, I'll probably be asleep until 2 or 3... After that, I'll be able to respond...

Thank you all in advance for your continued help and support that you always give me...

You guys need to remember that these shows aren't always easy to write and I know that John, Wallace, Shane and I, appreciate every bit of help we get from all of you.

-Paulie
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul Heyman's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (07-09-2013), Ricky Desmond (07-09-2013), Tony Santos (07-11-2013)
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Just a thought but i think sometimes its better to only have a small number of regular judges, that way they know the characters involved, their history, the significance of events etc. Some people dont recap in their rps and could suffer for that with one off judges. You could make the argument that not recapping is a weakness but i think people should be judged on their work not whether it totally makes sense to people unaware of the arc.

Not saying this for my benefit btw, just came to mind when i was replying to Matt Lennox in the predictions thread. Theres also the danger of people subconsciously placing well known peoples work over new people's that affects judging.
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:Just a thought but i think sometimes its better to only have a small number of regular judges, that way they know the characters involved, their history, the significance of events etc.

I understand what you're thinking, but really, what someone did a week ago, two weeks ago, or two months ago has no bearing on the judgments. All that matters is what you and everyone else has done this week. For this show.

Quote:Some people dont recap in their rps and could suffer for that with one off judges. You could make the argument that not recapping is a weakness but i think people should be judged on their work not whether it totally makes sense to people unaware of the arc.

Another fair point, but I don't see recapping as a strength or a weakness. Sure, if someone has a long running story (like myself) it is better to update the reader on what's gone down recently, but it's not a must.

Quote:Not saying this for my benefit btw, just came to mind when i was replying to Matt Lennox in the predictions thread. Theres also the danger of people subconsciously placing well known peoples work over new people's that affects judging.

I can snuff that stuff out pretty easily just by certain judges responses as to why so and so should win.

I understand your concern, but at the same time, you should trust that proper winners will be decided upon.
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 03:56 PM

Oh I do trust that dont get me wrong. Just like you said, you have to sniff out whats a decent judging decision and what isnt.

In no way did I mean past story is for judging. What i meant is a new reader/judge wont necessarily understand the arc, so what might be a great development would go over their heads completely.
Hate Post Like Post
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 04:45 PM

I understand your point. Unfortunately, with everyones different schedules its near impossible to get the same judges every show, every week.

It's why we do guest judging. It helps out whoever is running whatever show to get what they need as far as judgments in order to get things done. If it was up to me, and it is to a certain extent, I'd rely on only myself, Maddy, Shane and WW to do the judging, but as I said, individual scheduling doesn't allow that to happen on a consistent basis.

For the most part though, judgments are made within management. Events like these, we need extra help.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul Heyman's post:
(07-11-2013)
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 04:51 PM

Aye i get you. I trust your judgment, and i can appreciate what a juggling act it can be. I used to run a show and judge entirely myself, no way thatd be possible here lol.
Hate Post Like Post
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick Offline
Waves don't die.

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

07-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Hey, if you ever need someone to judge those pesky no show matches, I'd gladly oblige. Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like #MemeQueen Luca Torchwick's post:
(07-11-2013), Tony Santos (07-11-2013)
Paul Heyman

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 05:35 PM

You are by far the best judge of no-show matches I've had the 'privelidge' of working with.
Hate Post Like Post
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 06:44 PM

When I'm getting a guest judge's opinion, I always ask them to give me at least a three sentence explanation on who they picked and why. And I won't take "he was just better, bro" as an explanation.

I believe the last guest judge I had was John Austin. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much out of John because I've never pulled him in for judging and he's still pretty new. But he came up with good reasons to back up his judgement call and we actually went back and forth for about three rounds discussing the match. And his call ended up being a call that the rest of the judges made without him knowing so it worked out perfectly.

For me, it's just a relief to have a fresh pair of eyes examine something. I don't like this idea that my judging or Soldier's judging is the only correct way to determine a match. Maybe the way I judge something happens to be wrong. Maybe Duke is wrong. Maybe Shane is wrong. So I'm all for someone stepping in and showing us how it's done if they don't agree with the decisions we're making. After all, being a board moderator doesn't mean we're absolutely, 100% correct in everything we do. I'd like to see everyone get a chance at making some decisions around here, even if they are small. I like to see this fed as more of a group effort type of deal instead of just 3 guys at the top who run it the way that's enjoyable for themselves. I like the idea that it's all OUR fed and not just my fed or Shane's fed.

That's why I really want to get this guest-GM thing for Saturdays off the ground. I think it will make this place a lot more fun seeing different styles go to work.

Not only that, but it gives people a chance to learn about other characters and learn some tricks along the way.

That's just me anyway. If you guys would prefer that just me, Duke and Shane judge everything, I suppose that's something we could look into and discuss.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Msdison 2.Faggot's post:
(07-12-2013)
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2013, 11:03 PM

(07-11-2013, 06:44 PM)Mr. Madison Said: When I'm getting a guest judge's opinion, I always ask them to give me at least a three sentence explanation on who they picked and why. And I won't take "he was just better, bro" as an explanation.

I believe the last guest judge I had was John Austin. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much out of John because I've never pulled him in for judging and he's still pretty new. But he came up with good reasons to back up his judgement call and we actually went back and forth for about three rounds discussing the match. And his call ended up being a call that the rest of the judges made without him knowing so it worked out perfectly.

For me, it's just a relief to have a fresh pair of eyes examine something. I don't like this idea that my judging or Soldier's judging is the only correct way to determine a match. Maybe the way I judge something happens to be wrong. Maybe Duke is wrong. Maybe Shane is wrong. So I'm all for someone stepping in and showing us how it's done if they don't agree with the decisions we're making. After all, being a board moderator doesn't mean we're absolutely, 100% correct in everything we do. I'd like to see everyone get a chance at making some decisions around here, even if they are small. I like to see this fed as more of a group effort type of deal instead of just 3 guys at the top who run it the way that's enjoyable for themselves. I like the idea that it's all OUR fed and not just my fed or Shane's fed.

That's why I really want to get this guest-GM thing for Saturdays off the ground. I think it will make this place a lot more fun seeing different styles go to work.

Not only that, but it gives people a chance to learn about other characters and learn some tricks along the way.

That's just me anyway. If you guys would prefer that just me, Duke and Shane judge everything, I suppose that's something we could look into and discuss.

Theoretically speaking it's always nice to gather opinions because eveyone's DOES MATTER. It's a key component to this game that all of us critique each others work and peer evaluate one another. It's a writing/entertainment competition that is against your peers,then judged by your peers.

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unknown Soldier's post:
(07-12-2013)