X-treme Wrestling Federation
X-Bux are back! - Printable Version

+- X-treme Wrestling Federation (https://xwf99.com)
+-- Forum: XWF OOC (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Out Of Character (OOC) Board (https://xwf99.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: X-Bux are back! (/showthread.php?tid=40992)

X-Bux are back! - Derrick Diamond - 06-01-2021

Hey everyone,

If you have noticed over the last several shows I have started paying out X-Bux with approval from Theo and Vinnie. Over the next week or so I am going to be fine-tuning stuff that you can spend your Xbux on. The bases for payments are as follows-

Opening Matches/Lower Card Matches- 1,000 for the booking and 500 additional for the win.
Midcard matches- 1,500 for the booking and 500 additional for the win.
TV/Hart/Shooting Star Title Matches: Regular shows is 2,000 for the booking and an additional 1,000 for the win (additional 2,000 for PPV wins)
Xtreme Title Match/Tag Title Matches- 2,500 for the booking and 1,000 for the win (additional 1,000 for PPV win)
Universal Title Matches: 10,000 for the booking and 5,000 for the win (additional 5,000 for PPV wins)
No Shows equal no money

Keep in mind these are all ballparking numbers, but moving forward this is what I am thinking. What I would love your feedback on is what would you like to spend X-Bux on? I am working on using money to buy title shots, and we have the store as well. Are there any ideas that you might have that I can incorporate?

X-Bux are back! - (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) - 06-01-2021

Custom shop item that pays incremental XBux royalties. The patent fee though should be very expensive.

re:X-Bux are back! - Miss Fury - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 11:05 AM)(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Said: Custom shop item that pays incremental XBux royalties. The patent fee though should be very expensive.

BOB's contract allows us to produce our own merch. The XWF actually has to license our rights to produce anything.

re:X-Bux are back! - Corey Smith - 06-01-2021

I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

I'm sure there are all kind of problems with this I haven't considered but that's my 2 cents.

re:X-Bux are back! - B.O.B. D - 06-01-2021

I've always liked the idea of being able to "buy" a Title shot. Don't know if I'd go as far as Corey with saying it should be the ONLY way(gotta make contender matches/feuds matter still), but I'm definitely a fan of having it be A way for sure.

re:X-Bux are back! - ALIAS - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Corey Smith Said: I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

I'm sure there are all kind of problems with this I haven't considered but that's my 2 cents.

There have been similar systems before, but they don't tend to work well. Large scale, like over a several years, it could, but it’s messy. We'd have examples where someone like Steve Jason is unable to get a Uni shot just because he took a break, while Peter Gilmour has more points (it was a points system rather than X-Bux) than anyone. Doesn't mean Gilly shouldn't get a shot if he's worked for it, but prohibiting others who are more realistic is problematic.

(06-01-2021, 12:59 PM)ALIAS Said:
(06-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Corey Smith Said: I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

There have been similar systems before, but they don't tend to work well. Large scale, like over a several years, it could, but it’s messy. We'd have examples where someone like Steve Jason is unable to get a Uni shot just because he took a break, while Peter Gilmour has more points (it was a points system rather than X-Bux) than anyone. Doesn't mean Gilly shouldn't get a shot if he's worked for it, but prohibiting others who are more realistic is problematic.

Legend bonuses. If someone comes back, give them a realistic starting xbux amount to slide them into the game.

X-Bux are back! - Atara Raven - 06-01-2021

Maybe instead of title shots buy your matches spot on a card.

Treat then more as an example of a characters marketability than actual currency.

re:X-Bux are back! - Dolly Waters - 06-01-2021

A 24/7 case for something very expensive, but obtainable. Like 500k or 1 million xbux. Or whatever seems fair with the payouts.

X-Bux are back! - Atara Raven - 06-01-2021

buy the quote of moment.

re:X-Bux are back! - Thaddeus Duke - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Dolly Waters Said: A 24/7 case for something very expensive, but obtainable. Like 500k or 1 million xbux. Or whatever seems fair with the payouts.

Hard disagree. Cases should stay earned and difficult to do so.

X-Bux are back! - Charlie Nickles - 06-01-2021

Thank you big dick derrick for putting the work into this concept!

I'll have ideas.

Send me x bux whenever you want em Wink

re:X-Bux are back! - Corey Smith - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 12:59 PM)ALIAS Said:

I see what you mean, but if somebody is gone for a while I would think that the way it should work. I think consistency should be rewarded, but it doesnt necessarily mean they would win. Plus, the points wouldnt have to go away so people could pick up where they left off if they took a break.

X-Bux are back! - ALIAS - 06-01-2021

Absolutely it should work that way, but it’s really hard to get the weighting right, and it certainly wasn't. I think the issue more is with it being the only way.

X-Bux are back! - Derrick Diamond - 06-01-2021

Maybe a viable option for returning handlers would be something like you must compete in “so many” matches or be active a full PPV cycle? It’s a valid point and worth talking about.

X-Bux are back! - Centurion - 06-01-2021

Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

re:X-Bux are back! - B.O.B. D - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 05:34 PM)Centurion Said: Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

I think if we did that, maybe it'd be a "future shot", to where you don't get it until it's feasible. That happens here as is, people defend in the middle of a feud all the time. Not to mention, we all have lives, so we shouldn't necessarily expect the Champion to defend on YOUR time.

Maybe even make it to where people get put into Triple Threats and whatnot to prevent backup, since this is a free thing, really. You get enough X-Bux to buy some kind of shot, you should just be happy with the shot as opposed to the terms of them, ya know?

(06-01-2021, 07:44 PM)BigD Said:
(06-01-2021, 05:34 PM)Centurion Said: Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

I think if we did that, maybe it'd be a "future shot", to where you don't get it until it's feasible. That happens here as is, people defend in the middle of a feud all the time. Not to mention, we all have lives, so we shouldn't necessarily expect the Champion to defend on YOUR time.

Maybe even make it to where people get put into Triple Threats and whatnot to prevent backup, since this is a free thing, really. You get enough X-Bux to buy some kind of shot, you should just be happy with the shot as opposed to the terms of them, ya know?

To add to that, maybe even limit which titles it can be used for. Maybe something along the lines of TV and Hart.

Also maybe add shop stips back. Stuff like being able to purchase a match stipulation change, or guest commentator or special ref. All being allowed to be played withing the soft deadline to edit a card.

Oh, and we totally need the Gilly Lunchbox back under a new name of course.

re:X-Bux are back! - Centurion - 06-02-2021

(06-01-2021, 07:48 PM)Miss Fury Said:
(06-01-2021, 07:44 PM)BigD Said:

To add to that, maybe even limit which titles it can be used for. Maybe something along the lines of TV and Hart.

Also maybe add shop stips back. Stuff like being able to purchase a match stipulation change, or guest commentator or special ref. All being allowed to be played withing the soft deadline to edit a card.

Oh, and we totally need the Gilly Lunchbox back under a new name of course.

You've both sold me. Great ideas.