Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Bux are back!
Derrick Diamond Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-01-2021, 11:00 AM

Hey everyone,

If you have noticed over the last several shows I have started paying out X-Bux with approval from Theo and Vinnie. Over the next week or so I am going to be fine-tuning stuff that you can spend your Xbux on. The bases for payments are as follows-

Opening Matches/Lower Card Matches- 1,000 for the booking and 500 additional for the win.
Midcard matches- 1,500 for the booking and 500 additional for the win.
TV/Hart/Shooting Star Title Matches: Regular shows is 2,000 for the booking and an additional 1,000 for the win (additional 2,000 for PPV wins)
Xtreme Title Match/Tag Title Matches- 2,500 for the booking and 1,000 for the win (additional 1,000 for PPV win)
Universal Title Matches: 10,000 for the booking and 5,000 for the win (additional 5,000 for PPV wins)
No Shows equal no money

Keep in mind these are all ballparking numbers, but moving forward this is what I am thinking. What I would love your feedback on is what would you like to spend X-Bux on? I am working on using money to buy title shots, and we have the store as well. Are there any ideas that you might have that I can incorporate?

[Image: Jkq64Z1.png]
CO-GENERAL MANAGER OF WEDNESDAY NIGHT WARFARE
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Derrick Diamond's post:
Charlie Nickles (06-01-2021), HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021), Marf (06-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-01-2021, 11:05 AM

Custom shop item that pays incremental XBux royalties. The patent fee though should be very expensive.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Miss Fury (06-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

06-01-2021, 11:29 AM

(06-01-2021, 11:05 AM)(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Said: Custom shop item that pays incremental XBux royalties. The patent fee though should be very expensive.

BOB's contract allows us to produce our own merch. The XWF actually has to license our rights to produce anything.

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

06-01-2021, 12:14 PM

I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

I'm sure there are all kind of problems with this I haven't considered but that's my 2 cents.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

06-01-2021, 12:32 PM

I've always liked the idea of being able to "buy" a Title shot. Don't know if I'd go as far as Corey with saying it should be the ONLY way(gotta make contender matches/feuds matter still), but I'm definitely a fan of having it be A way for sure.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes B.O.B. D's post:
Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

06-01-2021, 12:59 PM

(06-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Corey Smith Said: I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

I'm sure there are all kind of problems with this I haven't considered but that's my 2 cents.

There have been similar systems before, but they don't tend to work well. Large scale, like over a several years, it could, but it’s messy. We'd have examples where someone like Steve Jason is unable to get a Uni shot just because he took a break, while Peter Gilmour has more points (it was a points system rather than X-Bux) than anyone. Doesn't mean Gilly shouldn't get a shot if he's worked for it, but prohibiting others who are more realistic is problematic.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:

06-01-2021, 01:03 PM

(06-01-2021, 12:59 PM)ALIAS Said:
(06-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Corey Smith Said: I've always thought it would be cool to make XBux central to the functioning of the XWF. Like make it so the ONLY way you can get a title shot is with XBux. This would favor people who have been here longer of course, but I dont think it would be a bad thing. Plusif you assign Bux just for being in matches you dont necessarily have to win all the time you just have to be committed.

There have been similar systems before, but they don't tend to work well. Large scale, like over a several years, it could, but it’s messy. We'd have examples where someone like Steve Jason is unable to get a Uni shot just because he took a break, while Peter Gilmour has more points (it was a points system rather than X-Bux) than anyone. Doesn't mean Gilly shouldn't get a shot if he's worked for it, but prohibiting others who are more realistic is problematic.

Legend bonuses. If someone comes back, give them a realistic starting xbux amount to slide them into the game.

#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

06-01-2021, 01:09 PM

Maybe instead of title shots buy your matches spot on a card.

Treat then more as an example of a characters marketability than actual currency.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Atara Raven's post:
Dolly Waters (06-01-2021), HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021), Thaddeus Duke (06-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

06-01-2021, 01:13 PM

A 24/7 case for something very expensive, but obtainable. Like 500k or 1 million xbux. Or whatever seems fair with the payouts.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

06-01-2021, 01:18 PM

buy the quote of moment.

[Image: XV49e2j.png]

[Image: 8pr1Az7.png]
2×
[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: YLZBFO7.png]
2x Freestyle Champion
1× Federweight Champion
2× Heavymetalweight Champion

1x Fade 2 Black High Voltage Champion
1x Fight NYC! Brooklyn Champion
1x Fight NYC! Island Champion
#29 XWF Top 50 2021
AW Top 100 2021
#13 EFed Podcast Top 100 2022
#67 Efed Podcast Top 100 2021
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Atara Raven's post:
Derrick Diamond (06-01-2021), HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021), Marf (06-01-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-01-2021, 01:34 PM

(06-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Dolly Waters Said: A 24/7 case for something very expensive, but obtainable. Like 500k or 1 million xbux. Or whatever seems fair with the payouts.

Hard disagree. Cases should stay earned and difficult to do so.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
B.O.B. D (06-01-2021), Marf (06-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:

06-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Thank you big dick derrick for putting the work into this concept!

I'll have ideas.

Send me x bux whenever you want em Wink

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-01-2021, 02:49 PM

(06-01-2021, 12:59 PM)ALIAS Said:

I see what you mean, but if somebody is gone for a while I would think that the way it should work. I think consistency should be rewarded, but it doesnt necessarily mean they would win. Plus, the points wouldnt have to go away so people could pick up where they left off if they took a break.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corey Smith's post:
HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

06-01-2021, 03:00 PM

Absolutely it should work that way, but it’s really hard to get the weighting right, and it certainly wasn't. I think the issue more is with it being the only way.

Do you have a light?

[Image: 7qdASxF.jpg]
(Banner courtesy of Atara Themis)
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALIAS's post:
HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021)
Derrick Diamond Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

06-01-2021, 03:11 PM

Maybe a viable option for returning handlers would be something like you must compete in “so many” matches or be active a full PPV cycle? It’s a valid point and worth talking about.

[Image: Jkq64Z1.png]
CO-GENERAL MANAGER OF WEDNESDAY NIGHT WARFARE
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Derrick Diamond's post:
ALIAS (06-01-2021), HeavensToBetsy (06-01-2021)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

06-01-2021, 05:34 PM

Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (06-01-2021), Marf (06-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (06-01-2021)
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

06-01-2021, 07:44 PM

(06-01-2021, 05:34 PM)Centurion Said: Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

I think if we did that, maybe it'd be a "future shot", to where you don't get it until it's feasible. That happens here as is, people defend in the middle of a feud all the time. Not to mention, we all have lives, so we shouldn't necessarily expect the Champion to defend on YOUR time.

Maybe even make it to where people get put into Triple Threats and whatnot to prevent backup, since this is a free thing, really. You get enough X-Bux to buy some kind of shot, you should just be happy with the shot as opposed to the terms of them, ya know?

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:

06-01-2021, 07:48 PM

(06-01-2021, 07:44 PM)BigD Said:
(06-01-2021, 05:34 PM)Centurion Said: Im cool with fun ideas for using XBux, but I would stop short at the ability to buy title shots and whatnot. We had a system like that in the past, and while it worked great at first, it was eventually abused, and made long term storytelling almost impossible.

I think if we did that, maybe it'd be a "future shot", to where you don't get it until it's feasible. That happens here as is, people defend in the middle of a feud all the time. Not to mention, we all have lives, so we shouldn't necessarily expect the Champion to defend on YOUR time.

Maybe even make it to where people get put into Triple Threats and whatnot to prevent backup, since this is a free thing, really. You get enough X-Bux to buy some kind of shot, you should just be happy with the shot as opposed to the terms of them, ya know?

To add to that, maybe even limit which titles it can be used for. Maybe something along the lines of TV and Hart.

Also maybe add shop stips back. Stuff like being able to purchase a match stipulation change, or guest commentator or special ref. All being allowed to be played withing the soft deadline to edit a card.

Oh, and we totally need the Gilly Lunchbox back under a new name of course.

#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

06-02-2021, 04:15 AM

(06-01-2021, 07:48 PM)Miss Fury Said:
(06-01-2021, 07:44 PM)BigD Said:

To add to that, maybe even limit which titles it can be used for. Maybe something along the lines of TV and Hart.

Also maybe add shop stips back. Stuff like being able to purchase a match stipulation change, or guest commentator or special ref. All being allowed to be played withing the soft deadline to edit a card.

Oh, and we totally need the Gilly Lunchbox back under a new name of course.

You've both sold me. Great ideas.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021