Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-20-2024, 04:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Anarchy Special" RP Board
What Do You Do On The Weekend? (RP 1 of 4)
Shocker Offline
Your Favorite A**hole

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

12-28-2013, 08:41 AM

*Thunder crashing*

There were violent streaks of lightning filling the air, while deep echos of thunder would rumble in every few moments. It would have been fine if it entailed a normal storm, but this had never been a realm of routine. The sky was filled with a bloody crimson and scarlet that had a very hellish hue to the overcasting. It was also quite humid but you would not have been able to tell. There was an uneasy chill running through the air, which seemed to inject itself in your nerves. In the distance, you could see something. It was among the foliage, across a beautiful stretch of crystal clear water. Although this water had a much darker look from the surroundings, and it seemed to boil closer to the unknown entity. After putting absolutely no thought into the dangers of the situation, I crossed this water towards the location.

Some how I know I'm going to regret this...

I placed my feet into the water, causing my boots to become waterlogged instantly. Luckily the water had not changed from its original, non-intrusive element. I have been in a few situations where that has proved quite differently. I once didn't gauge its dangers and barely came out with any life in me. As I stood in the water, I continued to look at my destination in front of me. It seemed to pulsate with a sense of wanting, like it needed me to come closer. I took a extended breath, adjusted my pack and made my way forward.

This water is so tranquil...it almost feels comfortable...

I took a few steps forward, as the water rised to my waistline. I was hoping I would not need to swim, but it seemed to be getting just a tad deeper the more I proceeded onward. I took my pack and raised it above my head. Some of the contents of my satchel could withstand some water, but it didn't apply to every item. I held my arms up, just high enough to where my elbows bent slightly. This helped alleviate the eventual pain I would encounter if this trek took too long to cross. As I continued on, my footing began to level out underwater. As luck would have it, the water was only reaching just below my pectoral muscles. This, however, was causing my clothes to retain massive amounts of water weight. It was starting to slow me down and I had only just reached halfway across this increasingly apparent deathtrap.

I should have stripped down before I got into the water...

I pressed hard forward to reach the opposite banking, before I was too encumbered to move any further. During all this, the sky continued to illuminate with its hue of reds and oranges. I t had now been highlighted by what seemed to be flames, which I saw from the entity ahead. It had not be on fire before I entered the water, so whatever it was must have caused some ignition amongst the fallen debris from the surrounding trees and shrubs. I had managed to reach and incline under the water, and I began to rise out of the water. The weight of my clothes was becoming more bothersome, now that the pressure was being more weighted on my shoulders. At waist height, I was within a stone's throw of the embankment and nearly brought to my knees. The overbearing weight of my clothing and pack has caused me to become stuck in some very soft mud. I attempted to pull my legs up, but to no avail.

*annoyed grunt*

I decided to take my pack, and place the cross-body strap around my neck. As it hung in front of me, I bent my shoulders back to slip my clothing off. As my jacket began to fall, I grabbed it with my hand. Once obtained, I twisted it to remove as much of the water as I could. Once its weight had lessened, with my draining strength, I hurled my jacket towards the beach, with it landing just short of the sandy ridge. Next I took my pack, with even less strength, and tossed it towards the beach. This time however I managed to put more acceleration into my release. This helped it make it to the safety of the unwashed sand. With the excess weight on me, I reached into the water and began to pull myself free from the mud below.

*straining grunts* Come on, damn it.....

I pulled my right leg free, followed by the left with mush effort. I then begin my final push to the beach, with my lower body still heavy from the water. I soon reached the bank and quickly dropped to the ground. My body was aching from the strain and I couldn't proceed without some rest. Unfortunately, I would not be able to take solace in the comforts of this beach. I could see what looked like a dog in the distance. I wasn't sure what it was, but it began walking towards me. I noticed by pack was still sitting next to me and reached inside the main pouch. I wanted to see if I had anything to avert the dog away from me, some food perhaps. I was only able to find a bottle, which was more of the size of a vial. I looked at the label on it, which only read "PES". I took the cork out of it and consumed it. I placed the bottle onto the sandy ground and reached back into my pack. At this point, the dog-like creature was making a b-line towards me. It had noticed me in a weakened state, and was on a hunter's charge. As I reached into my pack, I was able to pull out a small hatchet. As the creature neared me, I noticed i was in fact a wolf, I jumped up. I had suddenly gain a excessive amount of stamina, and readied myself for battle with this wolf. As the wolf jumped towards me, I took one heavy swing at the beast just before it collided with me.

*wolf yelp*

*THUD*

I managed to slay the wolf with near ease. After I assured the wolf was out of commission, I returned to my rested state. I looked across the deathly water I had nearly just succumbed to, with a feeling of satisfaction. I managed to get across without dying, and saved quite a bit of time. It was more then apparent I did not need to undertake this task, but it was my calling. I have braved many journeys and many quest in my years past, and this was no different. I began to stand once again and collect myself and my things. I took a few moments, but I was soon back to my feet and prepared to head towards the entity I could only see at a distance only some time ago. As I turned, the location I had picked was merely a few feet away. I now was able to get a better look at this, and it looked like a vortex of some kind. Instantly, I knew what I had gotten myself into. At a distance, it gave the impression of something similar. Although, after my adventures of years past, it should not have been this type of situation. I looked around and saw many of the same signs, including the now nearly pitch black sky and random patches of fire. I could have only come into contact with one thing, and one thing only....

THE GATE OF OBLIVION!

[Image: banner2.png?t=1375195158]

Reasons I'm Better Then You

2x UFO Champion
Highest Viewed Shove It GM Show: 8/31/13
Edit Hate Post Like Post