Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 03:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you think of your RP ideas?
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

11-20-2013, 01:37 PM Thumbs Up  How do you think of your RP ideas? -->

How do you think of your RP ideas? It used to just come to me, but I found recently that it has become harder to think of ideas. So one day while ridding the bus on my way to school, I was listening to a song, and BAM! there was my idea. I am beginning to use songs for RP ideas. What about you?

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Edit Hate Post Like Post
Giovanni Ferrari

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Lots of things influence me. Music is a big part but then I also get inspired by whatever I'm reading currently and the things I watch. I just recently fell in love with the show Falling Skies but duh....I'm a huge science fiction mark, so of course I did. Anyway, science fiction and horror based stuff usually get the gears turning upstairs and that can be totally spotted in my SattyNova rps. As for my other characters. Joe Tuesday and Arville LaDonis. Well, you can tell those are a bit harder for me to write as seeing as they don't have much up in the form of rps. Really, I think it's the character coupled with what you're reading/watching/listening to that's the biggest factor. If you can't get your mind into the state of putting something out as the character, if you can't find comfort in envisioning that character's mind frame and reactions, then it's a hopeless cause no matter what you use as your normal idea infuser. Maybe not totally hopeless, hopeless is a bit of a drastic word, but it's definitely going to be a lot more difficult.
Hate Post Like Post
John Austin Away
Grizzled Young Vet

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

11-20-2013, 02:14 PM

All depending for me, sometimes it could be current mood. If I am angry at something or someone, my RPs will show, be more intense.

If I can't find a great way to start it, usually you will see me like here recently, sitting on a giant rock and cutting a promo haha or something very simple.

But usually, I just "go with it"...if I was a evil satanist, how would I talk trash about x, y and z? and then the ideas just flow

To find John, turn those lights out because he will then appear...
XWF LEGEND and the only man who punked out Duke TWICE
Hate Post Like Post
LJ Havok Offline
The Chose One

XWF FanBase:
Some men, some teens, few women

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following)

11-20-2013, 02:39 PM

me it depends. like with Joseph Kain it's music.. was country that I would play while thinking of ideas, but now its punk and hardcore most of the time, and with LJ it's weird cuz sometimes music will help and at other times I wing it and the ideas just kind of come to me. I can start out RPing as LJ and have no fucking clue what story I'm going to tell, and it clicks.. in his case I kind of let him take me wherever he wants to go..(if that makes sense.)

it didnt sound crazy in my head.. but i went back and re-read it.. yup that's a little crazy

[Image: Lssnyr5.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

11-20-2013, 03:11 PM

When I started out here, it was the generic 'time to prove myself' nonsense that every newcomer and their gran have been doing since the dawn of time, so it was pretty easy. However, since choosing to focus more on crafting an actual story, I'm usually able to just suddenly come up with ideas, and be sure to remember them in my head.

However recently I've been experiencing somewhat of a roadblock in that regard, so I'm trying to help myself by actually planning my RPs for the PPV, although really once I get to actually writing them, I'll just go with the flow.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Hate Post Like Post
Jessie-ica Diaz Offline
Only to find it again.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-20-2013, 03:23 PM

I write them all while performing satanic rituals, and drinking goat blood mixed with bull piss.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jessie-ica Diaz's post:
SATAN! (11-20-2013)
Liz Hathaway Offline
Do you have the power to let power go?

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

11-20-2013, 03:28 PM

Somethin' told me you did.

[Image: 246195bf6992c5da7d09ff840f1abc76.jpg]

XWF Record
8-11-1
W-L-D

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Liz Hathaway's post:
Smoke (11-20-2013)
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-20-2013, 03:29 PM

I do what Jessie does, but after that's done, I usually set out a random location/scenario and improvise my way through the rest of it, unless it's connected to some story that I'm trying to build. However, I love the one-off, loopy promos that showcase Tony's character more than concrete sorry building in a lot of cases.

September 2013 and May 2019 Star of the Month
1x Hart Champion
1x Television Champion
1x Xtreme Champion

[Image: VIh61T5.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
OH HOLY SHIT PAYBACK IS BACK! OMFG NOBODY IS SAFE! Offline
PAY ME MORE BACK PAY ME MORE BACK PAY ME MORE BACK PAY ME MORE BACK PAY ME MORE BACK PAY ME MORE BACK

XWF FanBase:
Nobody on the planet likes this dumb fuck freak because he's way too strong and stupid so everybody is jealous!

(except for Peter Gilmour who is his father, and is responsible for bringing PAYBACK to the XWF! Tell them all about it, Pete!!!)

11-20-2013, 03:36 PM

I usually snort about $500 worth of cocaine before I even get to writing. Then once I start I do about 3 to 10 lines every paragraph I write. If you ever have one of those nights where you're up all night into the morning doing a bunch of coke, try writing an rp and you'll be amazed what comes out.

[Image: yo6iMRN.jpg][Image: qIk4Nto.jpg][Image: Qoz56.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes OH HOLY SHIT PAYBACK IS BACK! OMFG NOBODY IS SAFE!'s post:
Wallace Witasick (11-20-2013)
SATAN! Offline
GOD! of XWF

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(shemale)

11-20-2013, 05:01 PM

(11-20-2013, 03:23 PM)Jessie-ica Diaz Said: I write them all while performing satanic rituals, and drinking goat blood mixed with bull piss.

[Image: i_heart_satan.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes SATAN!'s post:
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

11-20-2013, 07:03 PM

mine come from movies, or real life shit.. then I just write whatever pops into my head

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Mystica Offline
Monsters Are Real

XWF FanBase:

11-20-2013, 07:14 PM

It's kind of a complicated process. If you read my RP's, you know I mostly focus upon a cohesive story. For the most part, I'll be in class, walking on campus, or driving, and I'll have an idea pop into my head. It's not always a purely plot-minded idea. Sometimes I simply look at something and think of words associated with it. Being that David Martin is an intellectual, he often encounters collegiate settings, which I am surrounded by 4 out of 7 days per week. For example, the other day, I was looking around the library to pass the time, and I stumbled into the psychology section.

"Okay," I thought, "how could David or Mystica connect to this?"

And slowly over the course of the day, it came to me, bit by bit.

Supporting characters are often based upon people I encounter in my life. The sycophantic ex-peer of David, Sebastian Andrews, is based on my Victorian Literature professor, who I believe doesn't look much older than me. Ergo, he's David's age, and the two went to grad school together.

So for me, it's just sort of basing RP's off of things I see in my life -- not necessarily popular culture.

[Image: b7zaJm8.jpg]

Achievements
  • 1x Tag Team Champion
  • August 2013 Superstar of the Month (Thank you all so much!)
  • 1x US Champion
  • 1x X-treme Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mystica's post:
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (11-21-2013)
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-20-2013, 07:17 PM

I get most of my ideas from reading Bleacher Report.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Wallace Witasick's post:
(11-21-2013), Archie Lawson (06-10-2014), Jessie-ica Diaz (11-20-2013), Liz Hathaway (11-20-2013), LJ Havok (11-21-2013), Mr. Radio (11-20-2013), Mystica (11-20-2013), Steve "KingSlayer" Davids (11-21-2013)
John Raide Offline
We can chase the dark together

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they'll break rules & bones)

11-20-2013, 07:38 PM

"I get all my ideas from this guy."

[Image: cabinfever2.jpg]

[Image: John_Raide_zpsc05d7d5c.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Raide's post:
Ann Thraxx Offline
Fuck the fuck off!

XWF FanBase:

11-20-2013, 09:18 PM

I interrogate handlers until they give me ideas.... BATMAN STYLE.

[Image: 2lv1fme.png]

How come all the weird kinky stuff in the world reminds you people of me!?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ann Thraxx's post:
ZakMisery Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Men, some teens

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty)

11-21-2013, 08:00 AM

I first created Zak and Micah as a 5th grade drama class assignment. I used my dad's passing when I was six as a starting point for them. Seeing as my mom and I didn't have much and half the time went without most things for several years, giving the twins the background of coming from a rich and powerful family was just my way to imagine what life would have been like.

Online, I've only been rping for a bit more than a year but I used to write rps in school with friends. Sometimes I would send them full chapters and other times it would just be a note passed in the hall between classes with just one or two lines. The original works of Zak and Micah's story looks more like a play or movie script than it does an rp you see on here.

Right now, I have about 20 4" binders full with incomplete rps and rps that I know wouldn't be right for the fed. Most of the time, I'll be in class and knock out story after story. Some of it I have to dub "fanfiction" because I know it would never happen or would be frowned upon if some people saw it.

They sometimes come to me while I'm day dreaming in class and a lot if times I write the first paragraph, watch it play out as a movie in my head then write the final paragraph. That way I can play around with all the stuff in the middle. It's a Point A to Point Z system I guess. As long as I get to the final point, I'm normally okay with it.

[Image: 218207.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-21-2013, 08:22 AM

Most of the time, I will be sitting their with a dip in my lip trying to come up with an idea. Usually when I have a good idea in mind, It's like 5 hours before deadline so I am trying to cram 8 hours of writing into 3 and hoping for the best. I also tend to get sidetracked when I write so I will start writing than start playing Solitaire and so on.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Barney Green's post:
Wallace Witasick (11-21-2013)
Tri Bute Offline
Justice Integrity Zankustility Zeusrion

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(cheered BECAUSE they break rules and bones)

11-21-2013, 09:31 AM

The musical "Urinetown". I pick a few lines from that, add the word 'future' where applicable, and try to build a different story around it.

"Pink is my signature color!" - Elle Woods
[Image: fpUoGTE.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tri Bute's post:
Hunter Payne (11-21-2013)
Hunter Payne Offline
RIP Ray Peterson

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-21-2013, 10:55 PM

On the toilet... lol

Really though, the main storylines are from some part of my life.

gf was a bitch = Joy is a bitch

Brother is a burnout = HP becomes Straight Edge, effectively hating burnouts

Cousin is gay = Hunter is... uhhhh nevermind.

[Image: 111315-wwe-Eddie-Guerrero-pi-mp.vresize....high.1.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Hunter Payne's post:
Jenny Alvin (11-21-2013), Liz Hathaway (11-22-2013), ZakMisery (11-22-2013)
Egyptian Snow Pharaoh Offline
Banned

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-22-2013, 02:50 PM

I thought up today's RP while listening to the song that I ended up using in the RP. Music is a big part of what inspires me. Sometimes a song can inspire me to write something that has absolutely nothing to do with its lyrics. I usually add a song into my RP that, at least to me, relates to the theme or pace of my story and in many cases is what I was listening to when said RP came to me.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Egyptian Snow Pharaoh's post:
Gunner B.Layfield (11-22-2013), Jenny Alvin (11-22-2013)