Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 01:58 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 2 Entire Tourney + PPV RP Archive
Welcome...(Part 1 of 2)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-22-2013, 05:09 AM

Jim Davis is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Pryce Industries. A widower in his early 60’s, Pryce Industries is the only job Jim has ever had. That’s because Jim Davis was the college roommate Pryce Industries founder Thomas Pryce. The two men met while attending the Wharton School of Business in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and when Thomas Pryce had the idea to start up his own company, Jim was the person who wanted to come along with him for the journey. For the first few decades Jim loved the job. There was something almost romantic about helping to create a company from scratch. Thomas was a great boss and a wonderful friend. He allowed Jim the autonomy to make the financial decisions as needed and very rarely, if ever, became personally involved in any of them. However, since losing both his dear wife Henrietta and his closest friend Thomas within 6 months of each other, Jim has sunken into what some would call depression. While he no longer enjoys his job the way he used to, he loves coming to work as it is the only time he is around people and while he can’t stand most of them as they seem to be the epitome of what Jim likes to call the “Entitled Generation” he still likes being around people nonetheless.

:: It’s been a lightly over a year since the passing of Theo’s father Thomas and as a result of that Theo has taken up a new tradition in which once a month he takes his father’s oldest friend Jim Davis out to lunch. In addition to Jim being a closer friend of the families he is also Theo’s Godfather. As Jim and his late wife never got around to having kids, Jim’s biggest regret to date, he takes his responsibilities as Theo’s Godfather very seriously. Jim would much prefer eating at a diner as it’s what he is most comfortable with but Theo being the man all about appearances would never step foot in a diner, so they compromise and instead pick a middle of the ground restaurant, too good to be a dinner, not nice enough to be considered up scale. This month’s restaurant of choice is Lo-Lo’s Chicken and Waffle in Downtown, Phoenix. As has been the tradition, Jim always arrives at least 15 minutes early. He of course subscribes to the old adage that if being on time means being early. Jim is finishing his first Diet Coke when Theo walks into the restaurant, dressed to the nines as always and approaches the table. Jim gets up out of his seat so he can greet Theo with their customary hug. ::

“Hello Uncle Jim. Great to see you.”

“You too Theo. I know I tell you every month but I truly love these meetings. Your father would be so happy to see this.”

“You’re right, he would. How are things going Uncle Jim? Work still treating you well? Are you getting out much after work?”

“Work is work. I do my job…”

“And you do it well.”

“Thank you Theo. Work is my escape these days. Being home just isn’t what it used to, I am sure you can understand that. As for getting out, I do when I can.”

“Jim, I am trusting you to be honest with me, please let me know if you need anything. I know you and my Dad used to attend some Phoenix Suns game, I am sure it was more enjoyable when they weren’t the joke of the Western Conference, but we still have tickets, I’d love to go to a few games with you.”

“That would be great Theo, even if they stink.”

“Stink might be an improvement but according to the radio this morning, they have a plan and are moving in the right direction.”

“I’ll believe it when I see it. Anyway, how’s the wrestling thing going? I’m sorry, I haven’t had a chance to catch any of it, but I noticed you were working around a little gingerly since the weekend. I thought that stuff was fake.”

“I have the bruises to show otherwise. Believe me, it’s very real. A guy got stabbed a few weeks back. He’s fine, doing his American duty and suing the federation but he survived and as far as I understand it has no long term issues as a result of his body being used for target practice.”

“Stabbed? That’s crazy. And what happened to the guy who stabbed him? Is he in jail? Were there witnesses?”

“There are literally millions of witnesses. But no he’s not in jail. That’s the beauty of it. The attacked is walking the streets like his shit doesn’t stink but a business associate of mine is being raked across the coals for it. God Bless America.”

“That’s…that’s…amazing.”

“That’s one word.”

“So stabbings aside, how is it going for you? Have you had many bouts?”

“They call them matches Jim. And yes, I’ve had 2. Won them both actually. Well, I should rephrase, the team I was on won both, though I single handed won the first. And now I have another match coming up this Sunday. A tag team match. It’s the Main Event. You should tune in if you aren’t busy and awake. Still going to bed at 8?”

“I like my sleep, besides, what else do I have to stay awake for?”

“Plenty Jim. Plenty. Now, I know I promised we would never discuss business at these lunches but I need to ask you about something. Someone actually.”

“Sure Theo, anything.”

“Erica Rayner. Apparently she has a clause in her contract that pretty much means she is here for life. Not to mention her salary is outrageous. Granted we can afford it. And while I will never admit this to her, this company could never run without her. But even still, that job for life clause is crazy. And I know my father would never put a clause in a contract like that, especially from an outsider without speaking to you first. Is that accurate?”

“I love you Theo, like you are my own son but you need to leave this alone.”

“What are you talking about Jim? Leave what alone? I’m asking about one of my employees.”

“Trust me Theo, you don’t want to go there. Just be thankful you have someone as extraordinare at their job like Erica and move on.”

“Sorry Jim, can’t do it. Now please answer my question, did my father talk to you about Erica and her contract before he gave it to her? And if so, what did he say?”

“Theo, I am asking you one last time, please leave this alone.”

“I’ve never known you to be like this Jim, which, as much as I respect you, makes me more curious. Now answer me.”

“God Help me. I’m sorry Thomas. Yes, your father talked to me about Ms. Rayner’s contract before he gave it to her. But she is not an outsider as you said. He recruited her right out of Princeton. He paid for the entirety of her education in fact. Thought she doesn’t know that and your father made sure that she had no way of finding out. It was paid for via some Scholarship that we had a friend create for us. There is no way for it to trace back to the company or your father.”

“What? My father was about as charitable as a welfare recipient. Why in God’s name would he pay for Erica’s education?”

“That I don’t know. I asked him once and he told me to leave it alone and never bring it up again. And I obeyed his wishes.”

“Well this is all fascinating. Looks like I have some work to do.”

“Theo, your father was a great man, and my dearest friend, he never kept secrets from me, as far as I know…”

“Well they wouldn’t be very good secrets if you knew about them now would they? Besides, my father was an asshole. I’m sure he had plenty of secrets.”

“Don’t say that Theo. You’re father was a great man.”

“No he wasn’t Jim. He was an asshole when he was alive, I’m not going to offer him up for Sainthood just because he’s dead.”

“What else do you know about this? Did Erica know my father, before he hired her?”

“I don’t know.”

“Come on Jim. He paid for her schooling, give her what essentially amounts to a job for life contract and pays her 6 figures, and he never met this woman? It makes no sense. How did he even know she existed in the first place? She’s from back East right? You guys went to school in Philadelphia. Erica is from what? New Jersey? New York?”

“New Jersey I believe. Like I said Theo, I asked your father about this once before and he shot me down. I never asked again. There was a reason he wanted this to be kept in the dark and I abided by that.

“Theo, please. Can we move onto something else?”

“Sure, what’s good here?”

Fade to black.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Hunter Payne (10-22-2013)