Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 10:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery 2 Entire Tourney + PPV RP Archive
A New Target - Part 1: RP 4
Sebastian Duke Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-15-2013, 04:47 PM

Saturday, October 12, 2013 – 5:07 AM EST – On Board Air Darkness One

The fasten seat belts is illuminated. The pilot came over the public address system a couple of minutes ago and informed me that we were just under twenty minutes to landing back in Connecticut. We've traveled to... a destination I do not wish to disclose, and scouted our mark. The woman who is to become my Queen. Except, she doesn't know it yet. She will though, in due time.

I can feel the jumbo jet beginning to descend which tells me we're close to landing. It's then, that a call comes through. I turn to Jake who has once again fallen asleep. I wake him so we could take the call together. It's my father, Asmodeus.

I hit a button on my arm rest and Asmodeus is live and in full color on the wall in front of us.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What up, Pops?”

ASMODEUS: “Where are you?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Coming in for the landing. Should be home in less than an hour.”

ASMODEUS: “Tell the pilot to turn west. Matthew and I have discovered a target in Kansas City.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “It'll be hard to get there. You know, without fuel and all.”

ASMODEUS: “Tell the pilot to land it, fuel up, and get back in the air.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Why so urgent? Can't we give it a day to gather information?”

ASMODEUS: “No. This must be done now.”

THE MESSENGER: “I don't understand, Father. The last one, we took our time. Why do we have to rush this one?”

Matthew enters the screen.

MATTHEW: “Your Highness, Jake. This priest is currently active.”

THE MESSENGER: “Active? What do you mean?”

MATTHEW: “We've done some research and the news broke just last night that this man has been actively targeting children as recently as two weeks ago.”

Jake and I just look at each other. I hit a button on my arm rest to connect with the pilot.

PILOT: “Yes, sir?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Slight change of plans. When we land, we need to fuel up and head to Kansas City.”

PILOT: “As you wish.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Oh, and one more thing... You can't put the destination on your flight plan.”

PILOT: “Sir?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Look, I really don't care what you tell the controllers, but you can not disclose where we're headed.”

PILOT: “Understood, sir.”

I return my attention to the call.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “This target... These accusations are true?”

ASMODEUS: “Aren't they always?”

Good point, but just because most are guilty, doesn't mean they all are.

MATTHEW: “Jake, I'll send you an encrypted email with the details.”

THE MESSENGER: “Sounds good. I'll be expecting it.”

The call is ended shortly after. Jake and I both drift off to sleep through the landing, refueling and take off.

After getting a couple of hours of some much needed shut eye, both Jake and I are alerted of our impending landing in Kansas City by the pilot. Matthew had the awareness to book a car rental. Under assumed names of course.

As we enter the car, I allow Jake to do the driving. I'm a pretty big guy and trying to fit into a Ford Focus is not that easy. And its a Ford. Damn this car for no selling the fact it's not a Chevy!

THE MESSENGER: “According to Matthews email, the priest enters his church daily at around 9:30 am. That gives us a little under an hour to get in position. So, it's best we wait until the cover of darkness.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “What are the options?”

THE MESSENGER: “Well, I really only see two ways to get this accomplished. The first option is to wait until dark and go in. Much like the one in Michigan.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “The other?”

THE MESSENGER: “We could wait until he goes home, and stage a robbery.”

I consider these options. I also dislike them.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “There's a third option. I'm surprised you didn't even consider it.”

THE MESSENGER: “What's the third option?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “We beat him to the church. We go in and wait for him to arrive.”

THE MESSENGER: “This story is fresh. It might be impossible. There may be reporters staked out all over the area.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “Do a drive-by first. Just to scout the area real quick.”

THE MESSENGER: “What is the rush?”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I'm tired and I want to go to sleep.”

THE MESSENGER: “Yes, but we could check into a hotel, get some sleep, and start fresh. Get focused.”

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “I live half my life out of hotels. I want to go to sleep in my own giant bed.”

We near the church and just as Jake suspected, there were news vans and reporters all over the sidewalk just outside the church.

Jake wins.

Darkness it is.

SEBASTIAN DUKE: “You win, Jake. Hotel.”

Just an hour later, we're checked in, I get showered and I fall asleep on the bed.

To Be Continued...
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Sebastian Duke's post:
(10-17-2013), Andrew Morrison (10-15-2013), Liz Hathaway (10-15-2013), Peter Fn Gilmour (10-15-2013)