Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-07-2024, 07:42 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home
Smoke Away
://location_unknown---

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(can't get crowd reactions; awkward; probably going to be fired soon) 

09-26-2013, 03:19 PM

New Message from Edward

Hey, Dan. Listen, you know I support you, I really do, I've told you this. But I have to fly back home. I want to stay here for you and trust me, I would if I could, but I have my own life, and I understand that you have your's that you want to focus on with out me breathing down your back.

Look, this is my last night at the hotel. If you want, we can grab something to eat, get a coffee or something? Come on, my treat. If you can't well, just let me know by text or something. I'll be flying back over to visit Mum and Dad before going back home so if you want me to relay a message just let me know.

Well, I'll see you when I see you, but if I don't... Good luck in your career. You've certainly got that big break and I think you deserve it.

Daniel looks at the text, and tosses his phone onto the nightstand. His week off has apparently come to an abrupt end with that text from his older brother. Daniel sits up in his bed, his duvet falling into his lap as he rubs the tired out of his eyes. He blinks a few times to check his focus, coughs a couple of times, then picks up his phone again to check the time.

8:47. Jesus, he'd better get back to sleeping on schedule before his next Warfare, which he just remembers he wrote his name down for. Shit, what was it? A Warfare based around the Trio-Tag Titles or something? Sure, something like that.

Daniel runs through his usual routines of having a shower, getting dressed, eating some breakfast, and then lying back down on the uncomfortable leather sofa that's the centre-piece to his tatty apartment. He lays there with his phone in his hand, reading the text over once more with a clearer head. And again. And again.

The funny thing is that he doesn't really feel anything. Shocked, upset, joyous, angry, anxious, all emotions that should be buzzing around just... aren't, for some reason. He just feels... okay with it, he guesses. One thing he's sure of is that he was not going to meet his brother. If he was leaving, so be it. Although, even with that determined thought buzzing away in his mind, as well as still gripping the phone in his hand, Daniel can bring himself to text his brother either. Really, he should, considering what Edward had done in the first place, being that he flew over and stayed a few nights. It may not have been pleasant, but it's the thought that counts... maybe. Depends if he was actually thinking straight or not.

He mulls it over once more, then decides to leave the decision for later. It's not like he has to make the choice now, so he could give himself time to think. Trouble is, on his last day off he's not sure what to do with himself. In fact most of the week has been just lazing around. Exercise might be a good idea to jump ahead of his daily routines, but he decides he doesn't particularly want to spend the day doing what he'd be doing on his active weeks, and the next day for that matter. No sense going to the coffee shop considering the time and that he'd already had breakfast...

Man, I'm bored.

After a couple of minutes lying there and thinking, somewhat daydreaming in fact, Daniel has an idea. The entertainment he gets in his life is outside his apartment, away from his downed internet and broken TV. Only now did he remember that he was actually getting paid for working in the XWF. He has money now, and probably some to spare bar food and rent.

He gets up and grabs his credit card, sliding it into his other pocket. Exiting the door, he ran over his plan in his head: He'll check his balance, and then go into town to buy something to actually do at home. That'll make a change. It may not be much in the way of getting his life on track, but at least it's a start.

[Image: logosmoke_zpsfca57577.png]

XWF Win-Loss Record
8-9-1

Title History
4x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
1x X-Treme Champion

For other stats, go here
Edit Hate Post Like Post