Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-12-2024, 02:05 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Climbing the ladder (r/p 1)
Rebel Offline
Jackass of all Trades

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

08-08-2013, 07:32 AM

September 1972
Stampede Wrestling
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

The scene is black and white and quiet. An eight foot tall metal ladder stands in the middle of a wrestling ring. A few feet above the ladder, swinging in the air, is a bag full of money. As the scene moves on, the sound of 800 plus roaring fans starts to get louder. What are the fans cheering for? They cheer as handsome Canadian headliner Dan Kroffat drop kicks the ladder. Why is Kroffat drop kicking a ladder? Tor Kamata, the dastardly Japanese thug who had a penchant for blinding opponents with a handful of salt, was climbing the ladder. Kamata was inches from grabbing the bag of money and winning the first ever ladder match in Professional Wrestling history. But not on this day. Kroffat gets crazy air and drop kicks the ladder, sending Kamata to the floor.
[Image: First-ladder-match1_zps190964a2.jpg]
Dan Kroffat would then set the ladder up and gingerly climb his way up to grab the bag of money. The crowd goes wild as Kroffat wins the first ever ladder match.

Present time

Some people want to point to the awesome ladder match that Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels had for the Intercontinental Title on July 21, 1992 as the first ladder match. It may have been the first ladder match in WWE, but it wasn't the first ever ladder match. That honor goes to Dan Kroffat and Tor Kamata back in 1972.
But I don't want to take anything away from any of the men or women who have completed in ladder matches. The list is a whose-who of wrestling royalty. From Razor Ramon to the Hardy Boyz, from Edge and Christian to R.V.D., and from The Undertaker to the first ever female ladder match involving Gail Kim and Taryn Terrell. The ladder match is one of the most violent and brutal matches ever. Careers get ended and careers take off due to the ladder match.

The camera pans around an empty wrestling arena. It's dark and quiet. All of a sudden a single light comes on and lights a ladder that is standing the middle of a wrestling ring. The metal ladder's silver glimmers in the solitary light.
A figure can be seen sitting on the turnbuckle in the ring. It's Jonny Rebel. He gets down and walks up to the ladder. He grasps the ladder and rocks it. It's not the sturdiest thing to be climbing. Jonny begins a slow climb.

RussellMania has been replaced. I guess Russellmania found his Nirvana at the local Walmart and forgot about his duties as a GM. So a replacement show has been added on short notice. Night of Ladders! A huge ladder match with the winner getting a contract to face the Television Champion whenever and wherever. I'm in!

Jonny climbs a few steps up. The ladder rocks a bit, but nothing like it will during the upcoming match. People will be moving around, the ring will be bouncing and others will be trying to climb the ladder as well.

What could be so hard about climbing a ladder and grabbing the contract? Well, there are other people in the match that want the same damn chance to prove themselves. I'm going into this match looking at it like this: anyone who is going to be relevant in XWF needs to have a stand out match. This is going to be mine. I'm going to win. I'm going to use this match to catapult myself into the main event picture.

Jonny climbs to the top of the ladder. He sits on it and stares around the empty arena.

In a few short nights, I'll be sitting here again. Only next time, I'll be holding the contract for a Television title match. For those of you that plan on being in the match, bring your A- game, because I will be. I promise I will hurt people in this match. Caliban, Wrestler 82, Hunter Payne and Sincere Lee Wild, you guys better make sure to reserve a bed at the hospital, because that is where you all will be going when the match ends. I'll be sitting atop the ladder, while the rest of you go away licking your wounds.

Jonny climbs down the ladder. He folds it up and picks the ladder up with ease. The solitary light shuts off and the arena goes dark once more.

This Saturday night, I'll take this contract and the entire XWF will be put on notice. The sand-baggers who are content with their positions will be put on notice. It's going to be Rebel's time.

The scene closes.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: bestjonnypic_zps0561063b.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post