Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-09-2024, 08:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Night One 2023 RP Board
A Night to Remember
The Atomic Bat Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

09-21-2023, 03:02 PM

[Image: Saint-Boniface-transformed.jpg]
Saint Boniface Hospital - 02/10/2023

The hospital room was silent, other than the rhythmic beeping of the heart monitor. The sterile smell of disinfectants lingered through the air, and the soft glow from the bedside lamp cast a dim light over the room.

Ruby Debuchy, known to the world as the high-flying superhero RUBY, lay in the hospital bed. A cast covered her leg, and a series of bruises were visible on her arms and face, grim reminders of Sidney Grey and Gina Van Zyls vicious attack that had sidelined her from the sport she loved so dearly.

Vita Valenteen sat in a bedside chair, her face etched with worry. She had always looked up to Ruby, both as a mentor and as a beacon of hope. The two had shared countless hours in the ring, training together, and forging a bond stronger than many could understand. While the world saw the heroic 'Banana-Lime Blur' from the rings of Anarchy, Vita saw more than that. She looked to Ruby as a pillar of strength, resilience, and inspiration.

Ruby's eyes fluttered open, momentarily disoriented, then focused on Vita. A weak smile formed on her lips, "V...? What are you doing here?"

Vita's voice choked with emotion, "I had to see you, Rubes. After what happened... I just had to make sure you were okay."

Ruby leaned back, looking at the city's skyline, "There's something mesmerizing about this view, isn't there?"

Vita glanced at the window, noticing the myriad of lights that twinkled in the distance. "Yeah, it's beautiful," she murmured, "but not as beautiful as seeing you up and talking."

Ruby's face grew somber. "Sidney's always played dirty, but this... it's beyond anything I thought she'd do."

Vita clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms. "She won't get away with this, Ruby. I'll make sure of it."

Ruby reached out, placing a gentle hand on Vita's clenched fist, urging her to relax. "V, revenge isn't the answer. We're in this for the love of the sport, for the rush of the ring, and the connection with the crowd. Don't ever lose sight of that."

Vita sighed, trying to hold back her tears. "But seeing you like this? It's hard, Rubes. And knowing that Sidney Grey’s just going to get away with it…"

Ruby took a deep breath, her gaze shifted back to the skyline. "Do you remember, V, the first time you joined me on a mission?"

Vita's brow furrowed, searching her memories. "You mean the docks? That arms deal?"

Ruby nodded. "Exactly. You were so... spirited. You burst into that scene with the fury of a raging tempest. I had never seen anyone so bold, so fearless. But it was reckless, too. We almost didn't make it out that night."

Vita smirked, a hint of mischief in her eyes. "Well, in my defense, I did save you from that thug with the knife."

Ruby chuckled. "True, but you nearly got yourself shot in the process. You've always been all heart, V. But that night, I saw something else. Something I couldn't quite place."

Vita stiffened, her defenses rising. "What do you mean?"

Ruby's expression softened. "There's darkness in you, Vita. Even before you were turned, I could see it. An abyss that threatened to consume you if given the chance. It's what makes you fierce in the ring and loyal to a fault. But it's also a danger."

Tears welled up in Vita's eyes. "You think I'm a monster..."

Ruby reached out, cradling Vita's face in her hands. "No, V. I think you're incredibly human. Your emotions, your passions, they burn brighter than most. And that's what makes you extraordinary. But it also makes you vulnerable. Especially now."

Vita looked away. "The thirst, the hunger... it's always there, lurking in the background."

"I know," Ruby whispered. "But you can't let that darkness take over. Especially not for revenge. It's a path that only leads to more pain, more suffering."

Vita's voice trembled. "But Sidney—"

"Forget Sidney," Ruby interrupted, her voice firm. "She'll get what's coming to her. Karma has a way of balancing things out. But you can't lose yourself in the process. You're too important to me, to the world."

Vita's eyes searched Ruby's. "I just... I want to make things right."

Ruby smiled sadly. "I know you do. But the best way to do that is by being the hero I know you are. By showing the world that no matter how dark things get, there's always a light."

Vita closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. As the air in the room seemed to thicken. Finally, she opened her eyes again and met Ruby's.

"You've never asked me for anything, Ruby," Vita said softly, "and we've been through so much together. I've always admired your courage, your convictions. If you believe in karma, in the balance of things, then maybe it's time I tried believing in it too."

Ruby's eyes twinkled, mimicking the city skyline behind her. "You won't regret it, V. Sometimes the best way to win a fight is to rise above it, to show that you're better, stronger. The universe has a way of recognizing that."

Vita felt a sense of warmth spread through her, despite her typical cold vampiric nature.

"I'll try," Vita promised, "for you, for us, and for whatever's left of my own humanity."

Ruby reached for Vita's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "And for the love of the sport, the thrill of the ring, and the joy of bringing hope to those who need it. That's what heroes do, V."

Vita nodded, her eyes welling up again, but this time with a mixture of gratitude and resolution. "I won't forget that, Rubes. And the next time I step into that ring, (or into the night!) I'll carry this moment with me. As a reminder of who I can be– of who should be!"

Ruby grinned, her own eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "In the darkest nights, remember this moment, V. It's our light, our beacon. It's what heroes are made of."

[Image: Grand-City.jpg]

Grand City - Present Day

It was the kind of night that kept Grand City’s underbelly active.

The moon, half concealed by threatening clouds, painted the city in shades of silver and gray.

Down one of its notorious alleys, a fight was already underway.

The rain soaked streets provided a grimy backdrop as Batarangs sliced through the darkness incapacitating two goons before they even knew what hit them.

Atomic Bat spun through the air, her dark cape flowing behind her.

A hint of a smirk played on her lips as she landed gracefully, her boots making a light thud on the wet pavement.

"Is that all you've got?" She taunted, her eyes scanning the motley crew of thugs surrounding her. "You’re gonna need more than switchblades and pipe wrenches to take me down, so how about everyone just put down their weapons and come peacefully?"

A thug lunged at her from the side, swinging a rusty chain. With a fluid motion, AB deflected the attack, grabbed the chain, and yanked it from the thug's grasp, sending him sprawling onto the pavement.

"Don't lose your grip now," she quipped, twirling the chain and tossing it aside.

Another thug charged, his fist clenched around a knife. AB danced to the side, spinning around him and delivering a sharp kick to his back, propelling him into a stack of old crates.

"Knives to a superhero fight? How passé," she mused, her eyes never leaving her adversaries.

Yet, the numbers were against her. She could sense her energy beginning to wane as more and more thugs continued to join the fray.

From the shadows, a masked thug observed her every move. He went unnoticed as he silently withdrew a revolver from his coat pocket.

"You've got spirit, Bat, I'll give you that!" One of the thugs sneered as he swung a lead pipe towards her head. "But spirit won't save you now!"

AB deflected the pipe with her forearm as her eyes narrowed. "It's not the spirit of the bat that should worry you... It's the fangs!"

Just as she turned to deliver a devastating counter, a loud BANG shot through the air, and a searing pain exploded in her chest.

A bullet had found its mark.

Gasping, her eyes widened in shock as her hand instinctively went to the wound. When she pulled her hand away, her glove was stained with her own blood.  The bullet sizzled and burned in her chest, causing her agonizing pain.

"S..sssilver!?" She rasped, staggering back. Her eyes darted around, settling on the masked thug smirking from the shadows with his smoking gun still aimed in her direction.

She dropped to her knees as her vision began to blur. The thugs closed in on her, jeering and laughing.

Everything was beginning to darken, but a thought crossed Atomic Bat's mind. 

Why would these random thugs have silver bullets? Her true identity, her vampiric nature, was something she had kept hidden from the world.

No one knew her secret.

She caught her breath and tried to make sense of the situation.

The idea of these average street criminals knowing her true nature seemed far fetched. She had always been careful, always kept her distance and her identity a secret. It must have been just a vain attempt at luxury from a gangster with more money than sense.

Still, it left her wounded and vulnerable in the heart of the city she loved as the gang converged on her, their victory certain.

However, from the shadows, a new figure emerged.

It was the Blue Tango!

"HEY!"

All of the thugs turned their attention away from AB and towards Tango.  He stood, pointing at the thugs with his chest puffed out and cape flailing behind him in the wind.  A small smirk was stretched across his face.

"That's my bread and butter you're screwing with!"

He took a large step forward and…

Superhero Pose:...

...he tightens up his stance!

ENGAGED!

With lightning-like speed, he dispatched two of the thugs with swift kicks before they even knew what hit them.

Atomic Bat managed a strained smile. "Took you long enough," she whispered, dropping heavily onto the wet pavement.

Blue Tango's expression darkened, an aura of fury radiating from him. With swift, ruthless precision, he tore into the thugs. His fists weren't just to disarm, they aimed to incapacitate, if not decapitate,  and cause real pain. Bones cracked and groans of agony echoed in the alley as Blue Tango unleashed a brutality that left his foes writhing in pain on the ground.

The last thug, masked and desperate, aimed a silver revolver at Blue Tango. "I wouldn't if I were you," Blue Tango growled.

Before the thug could react, Atomic Bat, summoning her remaining strength, hurled a batarang. The weapon hit its mark, dislodging the gun from the thug's grasp.

As it clattered away, Blue Tango advanced on the masked thug, his intent clear in his eyes. The thug tried to put up a fight, but Blue Tango was relentless. A vicious punch to the gut, a brutal kick to the knee that bent it sideways — the masked thug crumpled, gasping and broken.  Barely able to hold himself to one knee, they cried out in pain as Tango grabbed them by the shirt collar to hold them up.  He pulled back a fist and cracked the thug square in the nose, disintegrating it in the man's face. Tango held them long enough to watch the man's eyes roll to the back of their head before carelessly dropping them.

As the thug hit the ground, a cell phone dropped from their pocket.  Tango went to step away, but something told him to pick it up, so he did.  Without wasting another moment, Blue Tango hurried to Atomic Bat's side, his fury replaced by concern. "Stay with me, AB," he called out, cradling her carefully in his arms.

She managed a weak nod, her eyes meeting his for a moment before finally closing. Her body went slack in his arms as she lost consciousness.

[Image: SCENETRANSITION.gif]

Back at HQ, Harlot was intently working on the Atomic Bat, stitching the ghastly wound left by a silver bullet.  AB was still out of it, lying unconscious on a makeshift operating table they had for such as emergencies.  Instead of Tango's usual erratic and upset demeanor he was surprisingly as cool as a cucumber.  It's been seen how this recent change to his body has improved his fighting ability and physicality…  and aggressiveness…  He paced around the table looking focused and determined.  Harlot stopped sewing and sighed…

Breaking the tense silence, Harlot looked up. "Tango, your pacing won't speed up her recovery. And you're making it really hard for me to concentrate!"

Halting abruptly, Tango rested his hands on his hips.

"Sorry!  I'm just…  FUMING, Harlot!  I swear, I'm going to track down EVERY thug in this city and make them pay!"  The Blue Tango pulled up a fist and showed it to Harlot who rolled her eyes and went back to work.

Harlot, trying to de-escalate the situation, advised, "You need to step back, breathe, and regroup. Impulsiveness won't help anyone right now."

Tango's frustration was evident. "More waiting around…  It seems like all we're ever doing is waiting around…  Coming up with a plan…  Covering every basis and every scenario, but why?  Why bother when the plan never goes the way it's supposed to?  Why think up every possible scenario because when we do, it changes!"

Harlot didn't meet his gaze, focusing on her delicate task.

"Like that there!  I thought AB was bulletproof?  Or something?"

"It's odd that those thugs had silver bullets loaded in their guns. They're not exactly standard issue."

"Silver… bullets?  I thought that was werewolves?"  *GASP!*  "Is AB a werewolf, too?"

"No, silly.  Silver works on werewolves AND vamps…  OBVIOUSLY! Haven't you ever seen Blade!?"

"Huh.."  Tango bit his lip and cocked an eyebrow in concern.  "She gonna be okay?"

With a reassuring nod, Harlot responded, "She will. The silver did its damage, searing her from the inside. But now that it's outta there she'll heal up quick enough.  That's an advantage of being what she is."

Tango stared at the picture painted before him.  He started to feel nauseous and a cold bead of sweat trickled down the side of his head, so he headed towards the door.

"I'm gonna go get some air, I think.  You good?"

Harlot didn't look up, she just kept working on AB.  Tango sighed and went out the door and to the roof.  He paced around in a circle and stretched out his arms, taking in the cool night air.

"I can't believe this.  We're less than a week away from defending the XWF Tag Team Titles at Relentless, the grandest show in the universe, and AB has to go and get herself shot.  And she worries about me going out on my own?  Before maybe, but right now, I think I'm even stronger than she is…  If she lets me!"

Tango started to breath heavily and angrily through his nose, riling himself up.

"'Get the bad guys' should have one threshold, 'Get-the-bad-guys'.  Plain and simple.  If they end up with bloody noses or need surgery on their legs, big deal!  It's not like I'm going on murder sprees, for crying out loud.  I lay down the law and don't need zip ties when I'm done.  I show a few punks who's boss and our partnership, heck, our very friendship barely hangs on by a thread…"

Frustrated, Tango took a seat on the roof and lied back on the cold concrete looking up to the cloudy, starless night sky.  He took a couple of deep breaths and sprawled out into a quick YOGA pose before lying back again.

"She's a freaking vampire, she'll be fine.  Harlot pulled that bullet out no problem, she'll heal up ten times faster than us humans and be on her feet long before our match.  It feels like it's already in the bag, so maybe I'll handle the heavy lifting and we can get out of there before all the good restaurants close.  I'm not sure when that would be in a place like Hades, but it never hurts to play it safe."

"I have to admit, it's a total bummer that we're representing one of the greatest championships in the universe, the XWF Tag Team Championship, and defending them night one on the grandest of stages, only to be kinda blown off by our opposition.  Not saying they're not going to show up to the match, but usually you hear a thing or two from them leading up to the thing, ya know?  Oh well.  Maybe they have nothing to say or know something that we don't…  In my eyes, it's the next and probably worst thrown together team we've had to date.  LSM and HGH looked like absolute crap on Anarchy going up against two teams of that AB and I would rip apart…  AHEM…  I mean, 'BEAT'.  We'd win the same as we have against any team that's crossed us since we've won these straps and any team that dares to cross us again.  'The End' have ZERO chemistry in or, heck, even out of the ring.  Like, no teamwork in the match…  I mean, sure, it was Tornado Rules and all, and so is this, but still…  They just attacked without thinking and just tried beating their opponents down with no real strategy going in except for the one at the start.  In my eyes, if they thought that much ahead to get the upper-hand against two teams that probably aren't going to make it two weeks, then this is going to be a cake-walk.  Easy Street.  Chalk-up another title defense win, baby, we're going to DisneyLand!"

Tango leaned up and laughed to himself.  "It's true though, not the DisneyLand part, probably, but the win."

"After that display, win or not, LSM and HGH have no business in a Tag Team Title match at Anarchy, Warfare, or, especially, freaking Relentless and it's going to show.  If we don't embarrass them to the point that they're just straight up banned from tag team competition going forward, I'll look at that as a failure.  Underhanded tactics and ambushes are something we specialize against and they've already proven that they're not just garbage in the ring, but garbage humans, too.  What we've got here is just another couple of simple baddies that the Blue Tango and Atomic Bat have to…  neutralize.  I'd rather say punish, but for AB's sake…  Maybe I can start holding back a little."

"What.  A.  Dilemma..."

Tango nearly jumped out of his skin and turned around to the voice behind him!  From the shadows out walked Pussywhipped.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough…"

[Image: UMfQloL.png]

Tango was still running on high from all the adrenaline from earlier, plus the new natural high that he lives now.  They stood facing each other for a few seconds.  Pussywhipped looked at him with intrigue.

"What brings you out so late at night?"

"I can't stop by for a visit?"  Pussywhipped purrs with her familiar sultry cadence.

"I never said that."

"Is your friend okay?"

"I think so.  Harlot knows hella first aid and AB's tough anyway."

"Tango, there's a bounty out for you…  and the Atomic Bat."

His eyes widened in disbelief, searching hers for any sign of deception. "A bounty?!  For what?!"

"From Doomsayer.  You're the last two heroes alive and he wants you… taken care of."

Tango tightened his fists and looked for something to punch, but there was nothing there so he just grumbled and growled.

"He knows everything about you.  Everything about her.  You're both in serious dang–"

"Who knows?"

"What?"

WHO KNOWS ABOUT THE BOUNTY?!"

Tango used his Tango voice for that one.  Pussywhipped stayed silent for a second before Tango reached for her and grabbed her by the elbow.

"Pussywhipped!  Who knows?"

"At this point…  A lot of thugs know, Tango.  When Doomsayer took out all of the villains, there was no place for any of them to go.  Doomsayer offered high positions in his ranks for you two alive.  Or dead."

Tango then remembered the cell phone that one of the thugs that he took out earlier dropped.  Maybe it has something on it?

After a few hours of tense waiting, the atmosphere in the HQ changed subtly as Harlot paused in her work and glanced at the operating table.

Atomic Bat's eyes began to flicker. Her eyelids finally fluttered open, and she looked disoriented for a moment before focusing on Blue Tango.

"Tango? What happened?"

Blue Tango leaned in closer, relief evident in his eyes. "You were shot, AB. By a silver bullet. I didn't even know those things worked on vampires!"

Atomic Bat tried to prop herself up, wincing in pain. "Silver has its effects on various beings... Those thugs," she paused, narrowing her eyes at Tango, "Please tell me you didn't go too far in retaliation."

Tango gritted his teeth, frustration evident. "Too far? They tried to KILL you! What is 'too far' when dealing with people who have no regard for our lives?"

Atomic Bat sighed weakly, placing a hand on his arm. "Revenge isn't the answer, Tango. It never ends well. I've been around long enough to know that. And I don't want to see you lose yourself to that kind of darkness."

He scoffed and looked away.

"It's so easy for you, isn't it?" Tango's voice cracked with emotion. "So, what? They can just try to kill us, and all we do is arrest them? Not EVEN arrest them…  Tie them up for the police to show up and arrest them!  We just keep playing by some stupid code! You're stronger than any of them. You could have easily taken all those guys down before they had a chance to even draw their weapons. Why don't you use your FULL POWER and just eliminate these scum from the face of the Earth?"

Atomic Bat took a deep breath, trying to gather her strength. "It's not about what we can do, Tango. It's about what we should do.  Be strong enough to be gentle."

Tango took a deep breath, "Who decides what we should do then?  How about how far we can go?  We beat up thugs all the time and I put a little mustard on it and you bite my head off.  Why do you insist on following this code?"

Atomic Bat's expression softened, her eyes reflecting a distant past. "Because I've been there, Tango. I've been in your shoes, consumed by anger, revenge, and frustration with how I thought the world viewed me."

Tango raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

Atomic Bat sighed, her eyes reflecting both pain and nostalgia. "You know, Ruby was more than a mentor to me. She was my anchor. Twice in my life, she saved me from a darkness that threatened to consume me."

She paused, gathering her thoughts. "The first time was during a particularly difficult phase in my career. I was suffering repeated defeats against Sarah Lacklan. With each loss, my confidence waned, and anger grew. I was spiraling, letting my frustration guide my actions both inside and outside the ring. It was Ruby who stepped in, reminding me of both my potential, and of who I truly was."

A faint smile played on her lips. "She taught me to channel that anger, to use it to better myself rather than let it destroy me. Without her, I might have given up. I might have lost myself."

Tango listened intently, seeing a vulnerable side of Atomic Bat he hadn't witnessed before.

She continued, "The second time was far more personal. Ruby was brutally attacked by Sidney Grey and Gina Van Zyl.”

“I recall.” Tango interjected.

AB continued. “They went beyond just defeating her in a match – they broke her leg and ended her career."

Tears threatened to form in Atomic Bat's eyes. "Seeing Ruby, a woman of immeasurable strength and resilience, lying in that hospital bed, broken… It made my blood boil. I wanted to make them pay. I wanted to unleash all my powers on them and make them suffer… Truth be told, I still want to…"

She looked down shamefully. "But Ruby, even as she laid there battered and broken by their hands… She pulled me out of that abyss. She told me that revenge wasn't the answer. That true strength isn't about how many enemies you can overpower but about the courage to do what's right, especially when every fiber of your being screams for vengeance."

Atomic Bat met Tango's gaze once again. "Ruby made me see that our battles against crime might be challenging, but their impact on the world is often minimal. It's our actions, our choices that inspire others. Our power lies in our ability to be symbols of hope, of courage. If we let our anger dictate our actions, if we become the very monsters we fight against, then we lose that power."

Tango sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked away. "Alright, AB. I'm still wrapping my head around this, but I get your perspective... If it means that much to you, I'll try to tone down my approach a bit..."

Atomic Bat placed her hand on Tango's cheek, drawing his attention back to her. "I know it's hard, especially when you hold such strength over your enemies. That’s why it takes true strength to not abuse that power... I can’t make the decision for you, I just want you to understand why I make the choices I do. Ruby's lessons live on in me. I won't betray her teachings, or her faith in me."

Perched on the edge of a mid-rise building, Atomic Bat kneels with one hand resting lightly on the concrete beneath her. The cool night breeze ruffles her cape, casting it out like a dark flag behind her. From her vantage point, she has a clear view of the city's maze of streets. It's clear she's been keeping a watchful eye.

Spotting the XWF CamBot hovering nearby, its soft LED lights blinking in acknowledgment of her presence, she offers a brief nod. Clearing her throat, she stands and begins to address it.

“So this is what it's come to, huh? LSM and HGH, a pair who can't even be bothered to answer pre-match obligations? Even for a championship match at the biggest show of the year!? Then on Anarchy, resorting to their cheap tactics and brainless Thugs to try and make an impact? Yeah, it’s clear 'The End' is still trying to figure out the beginning. Watching you two try and ‘lead a stable’, much less win a championship, is like watching toddlers trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle. Adorable, really, but in ‘The End’ you’re just making a mess.”

A sarcastic chuckle.

"You think you're clever with your ambush tactics? Like the one you two used to take out Bobbi and Maxine before your match last Anarchy? Anyone can attack from behind, slinking into the light from the shadows. But what do you do when there's no shadows for you to hide? The Blue Tango and I have seen it all, and it usually leads to the perp spending some time behind bars. So, what's your move when you're staring down the fierce determination of the XWF Tag Team Champions? When the spotlight shines bright on your deceptions, revealing them for the charades they truly are? Suddenly, those 'feared' antics of yours crumble, evaporating like mist in the morning sun. And all that's left? Just a couple of lost children, desperately scrambling for a semblance of strategy. It becomes painfully clear just how outmatched you are, especially when facing the combined might of the renowned superheroes– Atomic Bat and Blue Tango. We stand for truth, justice, and the XWF way. The two of you stand for nothing worth mentioning..."

She paused for a second, letting her words sink in.

“LSM, HGH, it's almost comical that you think you can step into our realm, into our ring, and even dream of challenging us for these titles. Your audacity is only matched by your sheer lack of understanding about what it takes to be champions in this industry. To be champions, one needs more than just a fleeting desire; one needs tenacity, strength, and above all, a backbone to stand tall, front and center, declaring your intentions with conviction. Neither of you have come close to accomplishing that tonight. The next generation of tag team wrestling? If that's what you truly believe, then the future looks bleak. You two as the representatives of this division? It's laughable! I've come across wet cardboard boxes with more resilience, integrity, and charisma than both of you combined."

"We've battled on every kind of turf, be it the squared circle or the gritty alleyways, facing foes more daunting than you could ever hope to be. Our unity isn't just about synchronized moves and fancy costumes. No, it's about a deep bond, a shared purpose. Meanwhile, you two seem to be perpetually lost, bumbling around, trying to decipher the basics of teamwork, let alone mastery."

And now, the Radio City Rumble has only solidified what I've long suspected – Mr. Nickels pulling the strings behind ‘The End’. It's almost poetic, given Charlie Nickels' knack for swiftly finding the finale of his own ventures. Well, he might have orchestrated the beginning of ‘The End’, but mark my words, we'll be the ones scripting its conclusion.”

“Blue Tango and I, together, have formed a dynamic duo that has been the beacon of hope and triumph in this division throughout the summer. We've faced numerous adversaries, and you two, well, you’re just the latest pair to underestimate our bond and our abilities. It's almost amusing, seeing teams like yours mistaking the challenges we've faced as vulnerabilities, circling like wannabe sharks. But you've misread the situation. Any perception of weakness or decline in this division isn’t because of its stalwarts, but because of fleeting teams who think they can skate by on bluster alone. And while such teams may occasionally find their way to the spotlight, it's never for long. History will remember the champions, the real fighters, the ones who stood tall and united. And when the annals of the XWF are written, Blue Tango and I will be celebrated as its shining stars, while teams like yours? I’m afraid you'll be nothing more than a brief mention, a forgotten footnote in the epic tale of our legacy.”

Blue Tango steps into frame and stands side by side with the Atomic Bat.

SUPERHERO POSE: ENGAGED!

"You know, AB, when I first heard LSM and HGH were stepping up to challenge us, I had to look them up, 'cause honestly? I didn't even remember who they were. It was easy to see why once I started digging into the video archives. LSM hadn't been active in a good long while. Some of the last notable footage of her was some vague desert escapade with Pappi Nickles. It played the same way it always does, with Charlie betraying her to get what he wants. Not surprising at all that happened. It happened again just last week at the Radio City Rumble. Some people never learn, I suppose."

"Then there's HGH? Man, at the start of the year, he was hailed as one of the top rising stars in the XWF. The guy managed to defeat Sidney Grey, capturing the Anarchy championship on the very same night she went on to seize the Universal championship. But then, in May? Haha, oh man, EDWARD chucked him from a tree, and that poor guy has been in freefall ever since. Going through the tapes was like watching a shooting star suddenly fizzle out and plummet to the ground."

Atomic Bat steps closer, her posture firm and her gaze unwavering. "Well said, Tango. These two hardly make a team, barely qualify as championship competition, and as for their chances against us? Let's just say their odds of coming out of this match as the NEW Tag Team Champions are about as strong as a candle's flame standing up to a hurricane!"

"Citizens of the XWF Universe, what you are about to witness is nothing short of poetic justice. Just as villains on the streets crumble before the mighty fist of justice, so too will LSM and HGH realize their folly when they step into that ring with the heroes of your dreams and the champions of your hearts!"

Blue Tango and Atomic Bat exchange a knowing glance and extend their hands towards each other, their fingers interlocking in a firm handshake that signifies their unity and unwavering commitment to their cause.

Their voices, harmoniously united, declare with unwavering confidence, "Together, we stand. For truth, for justice, for the XWF, for each and every one of you. Remember, when darkness looms, Atomic Bat and Blue Tango will always shine through!"

Amid the rustling of wind atop the Grand City PD's rooftop, the moonlight painted a silver trail as Atomic Bat descended from the sky. Her flowing cape danced gently in the night's embrace as she landed with grace right across from Commissioner Jim Jordan.

"Evening, Commissioner," her voice wavered but only slightly.

Jim observed her, taking in every nuance, as a good cop would. “No company tonight?”

She hesitated, "No perps to deliver. Just... wanted to talk."

Jim’s brow furrowed. "About those brutal busts?"

Atomic Bat inhaled deeply. "I've been investigating, Jim."

He raised an eyebrow, leaning slightly forward, “And?”

She hesitated, fighting a battle within, "The situation... is being handled. It won't happen again."

Jim eyed her, trying to peer into the depths of her soul. "Not good enough! Who are you protecting?"

She shook her head, "... I'd rather not say. But please, trust me when I tell you, it's resolved."

Jim sighed, resting his hand on the railing, “I told you... These are violent, brutal attacks. I need to know who's responsible. They need to be to justice for what they’ve done!"

She stepped closer, voice barely more than a whisper, “Jim, there are some things better left alone. All you need to know is that it’s been taken care of.”

A tense silence hovered between them.

Atomic Bat, with eyes glistening with determination and a hint of sadness, “Trust me, Jim. It’s handled. It won’t happen again... You have my word.”

Jim looked away momentarily, gathering himself. When he finally spoke, it was with a mixture of trust and resignation. “Alright, Atomic Bat. I’ll take your word for it. Just... be careful who you're protecting... Because if the beatings resume, I'll have no choice but to bring you in."

She offered a soft, reassuring smile. "Understood, Commissioner."

As she gracefully ascended, her cape catching the night’s sky once more, Jim watched her vanish into the vast darkness, hoping that the trust he placed in her was not misplaced.

"I sure hope you know what you're doing..."

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Atomic Bat's post:
The Blue Tango (10-05-2023), Theo Pryce (09-24-2023)