Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 05:15 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Madness Character Development RP Board
For Penelope
Sahara Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-20-2023, 09:38 AM

We all handle hurt in different ways.

Some of us give in to abject anger and take it out on the world that surrounds us. Doesn’t matter who or what. Family, friends, enemies… walls, doors or televisions alike. We’re gonna take it out on them, or it… or whatever else allows us to unleash the pain.

Others fall into a state of laissez-faire depression and numb themselves with whatever our particular poison is. For my husband, it’s women. Whether he admits it or not, it’s his weakness. For me? It’s alcohol. Preferably wine. But vodka, bourbon, gin, rum, tequila… or just about anything else will do the trick…

Whatever it takes to drink the pain away…

~~~~~
A month ago or so…

‘Some days I’m built of metal, I can’t be broken… but not when I’m with you.’

Thaddeus Duke steps out onto the covered porch with his morning coffee, steam rising from the cup as he brings it to his lips. “Mmm,” came the sound of simple pleasure as a slight smile crossed his face. But the moment was brief. While the sun was shining, and with it, a slight haze lingering in the warm summer air, there was an underlying tone of sadness weighing heavily on Thaddeus Duke and his wife, Lauren.

Taking a deep breath of fresh country air, he lets out a sigh glazed in despair–

Doing a double take, he notices his son Frankie on the far end of the porch, gazing out across the meadow. Glancing at his watch, his brow furrowed. It was a bit early for him, considering he was likely up all night playing video games…

Approaching his son, “What ya doin’ up so early?”, he asked.

Frankie motioned out toward the pasture with the flick of his chin, “I’m worried about her. Usually she’s–” his voice broke, unable to complete the thought. But Thad knew. He was worried about his mother, Lauren. Known as Sahara to the wrestling world. An unrelenting bitch when that red light comes on, she was anything but to them. The boy only knew her as mom, and he’d never seen her like this before. At least, not for this long…

“I just don’t understand what’s going on with her lately.”

Thaddeus heaved a sigh.

“Frankie,” Thad moved a bit closer to his son and rested the cup of coffee on the railing. “Sometimes people go through things, and we have to let them. We have to be there for them, but–”

“Yeah, maybe you should give that a try,” the boy snapped. “You’ve barely been home–”

“Frankie,” Thad pinched the bridge of his nose. His son was right, and he knew it. Neither of them handled this whole ordeal very well, and everyone around them helped pay the price. “I know. But I’m home now.”

“What’s even wrong with her?” Frankie asked.

Thaddeus hated lying to his son, but what was wrong wasn’t something he was ready to share.

The reality was, Lauren had a history of issues conceiving… and while it was a longshot, she’d been expecting. It’s why she suddenly retired from wrestling to take no chances. Thaddeus had tried to temper her expectations as he knew her history. And everytime it happens, she convinces herself that this time it’s gonna stick.

Even the doctors tried to warn her, but despite her usual pessimistic nature, she remained steadfastly optimistic.

Well, it didn’t stick.

Again.

But this time was different. Something broke in her this time, and this was the result.

“I don’t know what’s wrong,” he lied again. “Maybe this new life is getting to her–” Thad threw out the first excuse that came to mind.

“But she said she loves it out here!” Frankie shot back.

Thaddeus nodded, “True, but keep in mind she was born and raised as a city girl and lived a pretty fast life up until our little family came about… sometimes people just need time to adjust–” Thaddeus practically cringed as he knew his son was far too smart to believe any of this bullshit.

Frankie shook his head in disappointment, but then he shrugged it off–

“Well?” The boy looked up at his father, raising his brows.

“Well what?” Thad looked down at his son.

“Well what the fuck are you doing on the porch drinking coffee?”

“Language!” Thad interrupted.

“Oh, fuck off! You say you’re here now? So go to her! Be here for her.”

Thaddeus fell silent for a moment as his son's words hit him like a truck.

“Go, Dad. And bring my goddamn mom back,” he added.

Thaddeus smirked a bit as he pulled Frankie against him and tousled his hair. Gazing out across the pasture, there was the silhouette of a woman resting her head against her regal stallion known as Seabrisket. He could tell she was crying. From this distance, the visual was deceptively breathtaking, but not with the context of knowing why…

This was heartbreaking.

Thaddeus Duke wasn’t scared of much. He’d been through hell and back, despite his age; wars – both in and out of the ring – and even stared death in the eyes on more than one occasion. But this time, he was actually scared.

“What if she won’t talk to me?” He whispered just loud enough for his son to hear.

“Dad… you’re the only one in the world she will talk to.”

Hearing those words from his son, Thaddeus closed his eyes. Taking a deep breath, Thaddeus Duke nodded as he slowly took a step off the porch toward the pasture–

Toward his wife.

~~~~~

Present day…

‘I focus on the pain… the only thing that’s real.’

Myra turns as I rear back and unleash the vile concoction of black mist in her face, anger seething through snarling teeth.

As Myra stumbles, Penelope gives her a second dose of the black mist!

Penelope and I lock eyes and nod to each other in unison. Grabbing Myra Rivers as she stumbles aimlessly, blinded by whatever that shit was we spewed in her face, we tore into the bitch.

As the violence eventually relented, I stood atop the ropes gazing down at our fallen prey… The World Champ.

Pfft.

Fuck her.

I leapt high and came crashing down on her with my Venom Drop. You can call it my Coup de Grâce. I felt my boots sink into her midsection as I rolled forward, Penelope catching my momentum.

I stood tall, arm and arm with my new bestie as Myra writhed around in pain… glorious pain.

As I slowly turn, gazing out across the ocean of screaming fans in Madison Square Garden… I smile for the first time in months.

~~~~~

My husband, Thaddeus Duke, brought me back from the brink of self-destruction, and now I redirect my fury toward those that deserve it most.

It started with Myra Rivers, but I assure you, it won’t end there.

I did this for one reason and one reason alone–

To send a message.

So, know this shit and know it hard…

If you fuck with Penelope, you fuck with me.

If you even see Penelope, look away. No. Walk away. No. Fuck that… you’d better run!

If you see her, don’t be there, and if you are, know that I ain’t far… and I’ll be comin’ for you. Maybe I’m behind you… or above you… or even beneath you… but you can be sure of one thing and one thing alone–

I’ll crawl through hell itself to get to you.

For her.

To paraphrase John Wick, people kept askin’ me if I was comin’ back. And I haven’t really had an answer.

But now?

Yeah. I’m thinkin’ I’m back!

So, you can either hand that World Title over to Penelope – to whom it belongs – or you can die in vain tryin’ to keep it.

And yeah, we all know which choice you'll make...

The obvious one.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's why this is gonna be ohhhh so much fun!

[Image: rp1JokK.jpg]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Sahara's post:
Thaddeus Duke (09-22-2023), Theo Pryce (09-20-2023)