Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-09-2024, 09:25 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Night Two 2023 RP Board
The Return of The King
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-13-2023, 05:50 AM

Saturday September 9th in the Year of Our Lord 2023. The Chase Center - San Francisco, California

The scene opens to Theo Pryce sitting behind his desk in the temporary office the arena staff was kind enough to put together for him as is customary when the XWF travels far and wide for their live events.

Theo’s desk looks surprisingly disorganized and the man himself looks a bit frazzled which is definitely not what anyone is accustomed to when it comes to the self proclaimed King of The Kings.

The door to his office swings open and in walks a young woman, she too looks frazzled as she enters Theo’s office. The woman is wearing jeans and an XWF t-shirt with a lanyard around her neck holding an official XWF Staff ID badge. Atop her head is a black wireless headset, the microphone part of the headset is currently in the rest position as it’s positioned up right along her ear rather than down at her mouth where it should be.

“Excuse me sir but we have a bit of a situation.” The young woman says as she approaches Theo.

“Situation? What kind of a situation? Can’t you see I’m a bit busy here trying to put the finishing touches on the 3 cards for Relentless? What could possibly be such a doomsday scenario that you’d come in here and bug me while I’m trying to get these cards done?”

“Well sir we have an intruder in the building. In the ring actually.” The woman responds, her voice trailing off towards the end.

“An intruder? What did Vinnie Lane finally remember he has a job and show up for work?” Theo says as he looks up at the woman for the first time since she entered the room. His eyes practically staring a hole right through her.

“Sir if I may?” The woman asks as she walks over towards a small table where she picks up a remote control and points it towards the flat screen affixed to the wall across from Theo’s desk.

It takes a second for the Vizio flat screen to fire up but when it does it immediately goes to the live feed which is a real time look at the intruder standing there in the center of the ring…

“Son of a bitch. So he is still alive.” Theo says as he pushes his seat back from his desk and then stands up. He hastily buttons the top two buttons of his three button suit and then exits his office.

Upon leaving his office Theo makes an immediate right at the end of the hall. He walks down another hallway, through a set of double doors and then down another small hallway before reaching what those in the industry affectionately refer to as the “Guerilla Position” where a bank of monitors are situated along with a handful of XWF staff. The woman who came to Theo’s office arrives in the area a few seconds after Theo. Theo continues to watch the monitor for a few more seconds before looking over at the woman.

“Que up my music.” Theo says as he unbuttons his jacket and heads through the curtains.

The woman moves the microphone lowers it down towards her lips before instructing the sound crew to get Theo Pryce’s entrance music going.

[Image: P5GeW6b.png]

The following day…The Pryce Residence in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

We fade back in to see Theo Pryce sitting on his porch just staring out in amazement at the beautiful land that surrounds his property. If anyone ever questioned the existence of the Almighty one need only to step foot in a place like Jackson Hole, Wyoming to see for themselves what he is capable of.

For those who don’t know or don’t remember Theo and his wife Brianna moved to Jackson Hole a few years back after Theo decided to sell his company Decima Technologies, a private security firm that he founded and headquartered in Las Vegas for a nice chunk of change. Not that he needed the money mind you but it’s always better to have more of something than less.

Once Theo and Bri moved to Jackson Hole the plan was to start a family and live a nice peaceful and quiet life out in the midwest, away from all the hustle and bustle of city life. But then a funny thing happened shortly after their move. Theo being the business man that he is, saw a business opportunity. One that allowed for him along with the help of an old friend John Madison to purchase 50% of the XWF right out from under Vinnie Lane’s nose and if there is one thing that Theo enjoys more than winning it’s making Vinnie Lane look like a dumb dickhead.

And now here we are a few years later, Theo indeed has his family, a wife and a son but he also has the XWF. A company he continues to own 50% of while running it 100% of the time thanks to Vinnie’s absence spurred on by a mid life crisis. What the guy is having a crisis over is anyone's guess but nevertheless here we are. With Relentless right around the corner and Theo on the verge of yet again breaking his promise to his wife to not step foot in the ring again. Last time he had the help of his good friend and sometimes consigliere John Samuels around to help smooth things over with the wife, this time he has no such help. This time he has to go at it alone.

The door to the porch opens up and out steps Theo’s better half, his wife, a former Physical Therapist turned stay at home mom and their soon to be 3 year old son, {REDACTED}.

“I know that look.” Bri says to her husband as he continues to sip from his drink.

Theo looks over at his wife and son and just smiles before turning his gaze back to the sprawling land that lay before him.

“Oh really?” Theo remarks. “And exactly is this look of mine that you seem to know so well?”

Bri sits down in a swinging loveseat across from her husband while she holds their son on her lap.

“It’s the look that says you’re about to do something stupid and you aren’t sure how you’re going to break it to me.”

Theo chuckles at just how right his wife is before finishing off what was remaining in his glass and then sitting it down on a small table next to them.

“You do know me so well.” Theo says before stretching his arms out towards his wife, an indication that he would like to hold their son.

With their son in her hands she reaches forward and hands him over to his father. The boy looks at his dad for a few seconds, studying the man’s face before smiling.

“So here’s the thing Bri, I have a match coming up in two weeks at Relentless. It’s an Xtreme Rules match and it’s against Eli James. I am definitely going to come home a little worse for wear. I know I’ve said before that I was done and I swear to you that I truly believe it and mean it when I say it, I’m not just saying it to you then or now to placate you. But then things happen. Old rivals show up and things get turned upside down. I honestly figured Eli James was dead and buried somewhere in the woods never to be seen again and then he showed up on my show. In my ring. I had no choice. I had to respond.”

“You had a choice Theo. You ALWAYS have a choice. And you always seem to make the same choice don’t you?”

“I guess it does seem that way doesn’t it? Bri I swear to you, on everything, on you, and our son that I really thought after that match with Vinnie, Gator and Doc that I was done. I had done everything I’ve ever wanted in this business. The last two years have been fulfilling to me in a way professionally that I didn’t think possible. Outside of that giant steaming pile of shit that was SAGA everything has been coming up aces for me. I really thought I was done. There was literally nothing left for me to fight for. And then he showed up…Eli fucking James the Fourth.

I know I’ve told you about him before, about who he is, and who he isn’t, about the facade he portrays to the world and how I have always been the one guy to call him out on his shit. He was gone. Never to be heard from again. I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie but then I saw him face to face and I just couldn't do it. Maybe it’s ego or vanity or both I don’t know. But I can’t let Eli James step into my ring and ask for a match on our biggest show and not respond. I just can’t. I know Eli better than anyone. He will talk the talk, he’ll weasel his way in like he always does and then once he gets in he’s like a malignant tumor, almost impossible to eradicate. He did it once before. He almost took over the entire company but then I rose up. I became the scalpel that surgically cut away at everything until me and my brother literal half brother Sebastian and my chosen brother John Samuels and all those who stood with us were able to successfully excise him from the XWF. We thought once and for all.

But I was wrong because there he was last night standing there right in front of me daring me to try and get rid of him again. So maybe I did have a choice Bri and maybe I didn’t. I have to do this. Do you know who Lisa Haisha is?”

“Can’t say that I do.”

“She’s a life coach. Yes, I do in fact listen to and read life coaches. Shocker I know but I do believe in being mentally healthy as much as physically healthy. Anyway Lisa once said that “Great leaders don’t set out to be a leader. They set out to make the difference. That it’s never about the role and always about the goal.” And that really resonated with me. It’s shaped how I’ve conducted myself these last few years. And I know you’ve noticed because you’ve mentioned how you’ve seen a difference in how I conduct my business. The truth is I’ve been a leader for my entire adult  life. It was the position my father groomed me for so I had little choice in the matter but then I heard Lisa speak at a symposium a few years back and those words pierced me to my soul in a way that I didn’t think possible. It’s why I spent the last two years trying to make a difference in a business that seems hell bent on staying the way it has always been. I am where I am because of who I used to be, and who I used to be wasn’t always a good person but I recognize that my role allows for me to do certain things that a lesser position wouldn't and so where I am going now I am going with my eyes open and a clear goal in sight and that’s to make the XWF the standard bearer for what it means to be a community first wrestling federation and I can’t do that with people like Eli James running around. I can’t. And I won’t.”

“I understand sweetheart. I do and if you need to do this then you have my support.”

“Really?”

“Really.” Bri responds with a warm smile that could melt the iceberg that took down the Titanic. RIP Titanic.

“Wow, that was…a lot easier than I expected. Thanks for being so understanding.”

“Well you have your friend John Samuels to thank for that.” Bri says with another smile.

“What? Why? What does he have to do with this?”

“Because he saw you had jammed yourself up so he called me last night. He knew you were going to have to break this news to me and you were going to struggle with like you always do  so he did it for you. He’s always been the one to look out for you.”

“That son of a bitch.”

This time it’s Theo’s turn to crack a smile.

“You should invite him over for dinner. It’s been far too long. Plus he told me he has a girlfriend now and it’s pretty serious.” Bri says as she stands up and reaches back out for her son.

Theo stands up as well and leans in to give his wife a kiss before handing their son back to her.

“I guess I’ll go give John a call because you’re right, it has been far too long.”

Theo, Bri and their son walk into their home, shutting the door behind them as the scene fades to black.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-13-2023), Corey Smith (09-13-2023), Great Buzzard Eli James IV (09-13-2023), Jason Cashe (09-20-2023), Thunder Knuckles™ (09-13-2023)