Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 08:33 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » 24/7 X-treme Championship
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a Kickout?
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-14-2023, 05:04 AM

"Cave drawings depict ancient wrestling in societies as ancient as early Egypt and Babylon."
Flynn pins Kris 'The Hammer' Von Bonn. As he holds the pin, he grabs Von Bonn's hand and forces it to sign a contract.
"The first organized wrestling tournament was hosted in New York City in 1888."
The contract reads as follows:
"But, interestingly enough, the act of kicking out of a pin wasn't invented until 1927."
By replying to this pin attempt, Von Bonn agrees that replying "Kick out" is the champ saying "kickout" and not actually kicking out.
Flynn walks onto a soundstage in a suit.
Thus, parties agree, simply replying "kick out" inside of quotation marks does not end the pin attempt.
"For hundreds of years, wrestling contests would end at the first pin attempt. The three-count was largely a formality. So much so, that competitors would typically shake hands from being backed onto their shoulders BEFORE the three-count had been completed."
A kick-out WITHOUT quotations around it is an acceptable kick-out and will end the pin attempt.
The screen behind Flynn flashes with images of kickouts through history.
Failing to reply kick-out WITHOUT quotation marks within the 12-hour limit will cede the X-Treme Title where limited.
"Nowadays, matches have dozens of pin attempts before a match's finale. But it is worth remembering that at one point not so long ago, the kick-out attempt was as innovative and new as other game-changing maneuvers like the alley-oop in basketball, or taking performance-enhancing drugs in baseball."
A kick-out WITHOUT quotations around it is an acceptable kick-out and will end the pin attempt.
"But... What IS a kickout?"
This contract applies to 1 (one) pin attempt and it is the one Mark Flynn is executing at this time.
Flynn spins toward the camera.
Contract Void where prohibited by management. But, point me to the rule where this isn't allowed. Can't do it ;)
"Let's take a closer look. Right now!"
Many will enter, few will win.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (05-14-2023), AlexRichards (05-14-2023), Charlie Nickles (05-14-2023)
Kris The Hammer Von Bonn Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-14-2023, 11:56 AM

OOC:  Just in case this was a pinning attempt.

Antony the Jerk steps forward.

"Great presentation, but my client will finish it off,"

"Kick out,"
Hate Post Like Post
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

05-14-2023, 05:05 PM

Aaaaaaaaaand 12 hours.

@Theo Pryce @Loverboy Vinnie Lane Can we get an official ruling on this pin attempt?

See Flynn’s original pin attempt (highlighted to see the hidden pin attempt and agreement on definition of a kickout…)

Quote:[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-05-14-at-5-51-23-PM.png]

The Hidden Text of the pin (separated for your reading ease)
Quote:Flynn pins Kris 'The Hammer' Von Bonn. As he holds the pin, he grabs Von Bonn's hand and forces it to sign a contract.

The contract reads as follows:

By replying to this pin attempt, Von Bonn agrees that replying "Kick out" is the champ saying "kickout" and not actually kicking out.

Thus, parties agree, simply replying "kick out" inside of quotation marks does not end the pin attempt.

A kick-out WITHOUT quotations around it is an acceptable kick-out and will end the pin attempt.

Failing to reply kick-out WITHOUT quotation marks within the 12-hour limit will cede the X-Treme Title where limited.

A kick-out WITHOUT quotations around it is an acceptable kick-out and will end the pin attempt.

This contract applies to 1 (one) pin attempt and it is the one Mark Flynn is executing at this time.

Contract Void where prohibited by management. But, point me to the rule where this isn't allowed. Can't do it ;)

Many will enter, few will win.

Von Bonn’s alleged (and, we argue, unsuccessful) “kick-out” attempt (with annotations diagramming what his reply includes and what it does NOT include)
Quote:[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-05-14-at-5-54-24-PM.png]

As you can see, clearly this situation (and Von Bonn’s unconventional verbal kick-out method) requires the wisdom of a greater authority. (See: The GMs).

We eagerly await your ruling and humbly beseech the court-slash-review-board-slash-illuminauti-council today to rule for a title change in my client’s favor.

SIncerely,
Christopher K. Clinton, Esq.

As you read this motion for ruling and consider it, Flynn clings onto his pin for dear life.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (05-14-2023), AlexRichards (05-14-2023), Atticus Gold (05-14-2023), Charlie Nickles (05-14-2023), Jay Omega (05-14-2023)
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

05-14-2023, 06:32 PM

Jeepers if you want it so much, let the GM's rule in your favor.

But I still say Kickout, Kick-out, Kick out, whatever is the go.
Hate Post Like Post
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-14-2023, 08:30 PM

(05-14-2023, 06:32 PM)Kris The Hammer Von Bonn Said: Jeepers if you want it so much, let the GM's rule in your favor.

But I still say Kickout, Kick-out, Kick out, whatever is the go.

"Maybe try actually kicking out instead of just saying it, chief."

"Now."
Atticus places his thumbs into his suspenders. "I may be just a lowly Anarchy GM and head of the graphic design department but Mark Flynn and his lawyer do make some excellent points in being declared the new Xtreme Champion here."

"Also... Jeepers?"

[Image: SAksQ2K.jpeg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atticus Gold's post:
Mark Flynn (05-14-2023)
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

05-15-2023, 12:45 AM

From where he was lying, Kris watches Mark Flynn get awarded the X-treme title and runs off with it. Kris gets up and looks at the camera.

"At least the History Books will say I was X-treme Champion for two weeks in May 2023.
I'll gladly pass the torch to Mark Flynn, and wish him well. Now I can relax and chill for a bit. Until next time folks. And trust me, there will be a next time,"

Kris hears a car pull up, and screech to a stop. Antony the Jerk gets out of the driver seat while Mastermind gets out of the front passenger seat and open the back door. They both clap, as Kris walks towards them.

"Thank you, but I had a plan for defending it at either War Games or the next Warfare.
People are so judgemental around these parts. Every little small thing, how you've done it for nearly 10 years Mastermind, I will never know,"

"It's called judgemental jerks. If they see something they can exploit, then they'll exploit it. But like with my t-shirts, and your hammer. No one around these parts know how to come up with anything original, but hey I still love the XWF. Onawards and upwards,"

Kris gets into the back seat still shaking his head.

"There was a lot going on, with all these War Games and current Card situations still playing out, and they expected me to take a place on a card as soon as possible after it's well and truly gone up. I was going to defend at whatever the next show was going to be."

"It's best to let it go, or else it'll eat you alive,"

Antony drove off.
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

05-15-2023, 05:45 AM

Suddenly the sound of a ringing phone can be heard as we fade in to see Theo at his desk in XWF HQ working hard. Or at least working harder than Vinnie Lane who is basically a ghost around these parts these days.

Theo reaches out towards the phone and taps the speaker button.

"Arby's whats your beef?"

"Theo it's Atticus."

"Which one?"

"Gold'

"Darn. I really miss White. He was sweet. Anyway what's going on."

"So we have a bit of a situation here with the Xtreme Title?"

"Oh My God. Is Kris "Anti Fun" Von Bonn calling the GM's again to figure out what the rules are?'

"Sorta but not really. But maybe? I don't really know what's going on. Anyway here's the sitch..."

Atticus spends the next 45 minutes retelling the tale of the most recent Xtreme title pin between the ever wily Mark Flynn and champ Kris Von Bonn.

"Ok so he said kick out but didn't physically kick out?"

"That's what Flynn's lawyers paper work says."

"Jesus H. Christ, we got lawyers involved? In an Xtreme title pin attempt? What fresh hell is this?"

"I know. I know. Shit went sideways real fast. And you know how Flynn is. Always 3 steps ahead of everyone else. This was all very clearly planned out. Down to the letter."

"Was that a pun?"

Awkward pause...

"...yes..."

"I'll allow it. Look, between you and me, and whoever is watching this XWF Live feed I am pretty certain that lots of people have "kicked out" in a manner exactly the same as Kris did and that was the end of it. The champ walks off with their title and the challenger gets up and goes on about their day. I always found that a little weird but it was pretty clear that everyone understood the spirit of the rule and acted accordingly so who was I to rock the boat? I see no reason to change it now. But I do agree that making a kick out extra clear, you know with words and actions should be the expectation going forward. In the meantime, I don't really love modifying rules mid motion so I guess Kris is still the champ."

"Yeah...about that."

"Fuck me, now what?"

"Well Flynn ran away with the title and Kris drove off with his manager and Mastermind before any of the staff actually ruled on the situation.

"You'd think Kris would know better. Especially since he apparently has our numbers on speed dial."

"You'd think. So what do you want to do here?"

"So Flynn has physical possession of the title as we speak?'

"That is correct."

"Well...you know what they say, possession is 9/10ths of the law. So I guess that's that. We good?"

"I think so."

"Ok then."

Winner and NEW XWF Xtreme Champion - Mark Flynn
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
AlexRichards (05-15-2023), ALIAS (05-15-2023), Jay Omega (05-15-2023), Mark Flynn (05-15-2023), Prince Adeyemi (05-16-2023)