Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:13 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Cans of worms
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

05-05-2023, 10:42 PM

The STA Ranch
Outskirts of Lacklanland

Angelica had put a whiteboard in her living room. Armed with a sharpie, she was pacing up and down, nibbling on the end of the marker, deep in thought.

”But… as good as he would be on my team, there’s a chance I can get him in the second… BUT not if I win the battle royal… GAH, this is difficult!"

She walked up to the whiteboard and crossed out the second name on her ranking, replacing it with the one she had third. Her power rankings had been all over the place, but she wanted to make them definite before the battle royal happened. Not knowing where she was going to be picking, be it first or last, would help her remain objective and pick the best people for the job. In the end, she wanted to win. But it also meant she might have to draft certain people she had no established relationship with. A few years ago she would’ve had it a lot easier, and she just would’ve drafted her favorite people, but last year’s experience with Jenny Myst and Elijah Martin proved that a good team wasn’t necessarily comprised of people you had an existing rapport with.

”The top of my board would look a lot easier if Sar and Kenz and Rox axly participated, rather than trying to captain herself, or staying on the sidelines."

Because, of course, in spite of the realization that she shouldn’t just prop up her favorite people, any of the #CoolKids would be top of the board on merit. World Champions, the lot of them, and great team players. Then again, if she was going to pick first overall, all three of them would be expected to be drafted FIRST. That would be a whole other headache to deal with.

”I need a break… This is going nowhere."

She put the sharpie down, failed to notice the ink stain on her lower lip, and made for the front door. A good workout was what she needed, and perhaps a sparring session in one of the many Lacklanland dojo’s. That was one of the many benefits of living here, there was no lack of willing partners. Some a bit *too* willing for Angelica’s tastes, but that was the price you paid for being a celebrity… and in this case, kinda technically royalty. (Bordy had the town crier declare that any marriage proposals were forbidden, unless formally addressed to her… Which had been a bit weird, but it had made her walks through town a lot nicer, and had stopped her mailbox from overflowing with two extra burlap sacks of letters next to it every day…) She also had to go and check up on the progress of the new kelp farms, but her mother seemed to be on top of that, and Angelica wanted to remain focused on the upcoming battle royal. It was simply too important. This was a chance to show the XWF that she *was* to be taken seriously.

”NOW WHERE ARE MY DARLING FURBABIES??" she cried out the second she stepped out of the front door. Sers Bobby and Alex had been eager to explore their new surroundings since moving here. And although it was still the same farm, the air and climate were very different. It had also forced Angelica to make some major changes in regards to what crops she could grow. She wasn’t sure if her kitties liked the changes, but she did have to make them promise not to hunt any Lacklan pigeons, of which there were even more than there had been in San Antonio.

…she was pretty sure they’d gotten the message. Probably.

Angelica started making her way towards town when she saw her mother arrive with a dozen eggs in a wicker basket. Clearly she’d just returned from the chicken coop and had gathered some for personal use. The rest was going to Lacklanland. It had been pretty easy to convince Bordy that having a ranch like this on her borders would be mutually beneficial. Still, Angelica was worried that Aveline was still mad at her. She was shorter with her than usual, probably because when it came to Le Bord de Dieu, asking for forgiveness wasn’t easier than asking for permission.

”Hey there, mom. I was just about to go into town, spar for a little bit and lift some weights. Care to join me?"

”I think I’ll give it a pass. If you’re back by 1 I can make lun-… Hey, what’s that?”

In the distance, a convoy of run-down vans, motorhomes, hitched trailers and old-school off-road trucks was heading towards them.

”They don’t look like Lacklanlanders…" Angelica said, putting one hand on her hip and using the other to wave. ”What could they be doing here?"

”I… might have an inkling. And it’s not good news, if you ask me.”

”Umm, okay? Should we be worried?"

”Not yet.”

”Why are you being so cryptic?"

The three dozen-or-so vehicles came to a halt right outside of the ranch house. The green hippie Volkswagen van in front looked vaguely familiar.

”Oh wait, is that…?"

Its side door swung open, and a large man stepped out. His beard and hair were white, and his skin was tanned and weathered. But his pearly-white smile was as radiant as that of Mary and Angelica, and it was pretty clear where they’d gotten it from.

”Pop-pop!!"

”…dad…”

”Well, lookie here! My girls! Two generations’ worth!”

Brian Hightower stepped out of the van. He still looked imposing in his old age. He was nearly 6’6, and while nowhere near as lean as he used to be, he had seemingly become burlier. But he had a limp in his step as he approached, and was slightly hunched over. Nevertheless, Angelica was thrilled to see him. She flew forward like a bullet out of a gun, and nearly tackled him to the ground and she went in for a hug.

”It has been AGES! Where have you guys been?"

Mary was far less enthusiastic. She immediately foresaw the potential for trouble. When she had left her father’s hippie commune as a teenager, she had traded it in for the cult of Jean-Paul Lacklan. She had never thought the two would actually meet… and they were becoming dangerously close of doing so.

Nevertheless, Brian acted like nothing out of the ordinary was going on. He reached for his pocket and retrieved a half-empty can of lukewarm beer, downing the rest of it in one go. He crushed the can in his palm and put it back in his pocket.

”Oh, you know, travelling about as we do. This may shock you, but not everybody’s always thrilled to see us coming, so we kind of have to keep on the move.”

Behind Brian, Angelica’s maternal grandmother Lizzie emerged from the van. She, in comparison, was a small woman, clad in a skirt that reached her ankles and wrapped in a multi-colored loose top. Nearly a dozen scarves and necklaces decorated her neck, and she waved enthusiastically at Angelica as she saw her. Obviously, she got an enthusiastic wave back.

”But then we heard that our very own granddaughter has her own ranch up in freakin’ Maine! How cool is that? Of course we came to err… visit straight away!”

”I’m so glad you did! Why didn’t you ever come to Texas, though?"

”I… might be banned from the State of Texas. And considering their gun laws, or lack thereof… Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for freedom, but I’m pretty sure most people there would shoot us on sight.”

”You’re not wrong there…”

”But Maine? Maine is amazing! And from what I understand, you’re basically royalty here, right? So I was thinking, maybe you could use some of that newfound royalty to give your dear old granddad and his people a little patch of land to stay on? We’re getting tired of travelling all the time.”

Mary wanted to scream at her father, but she was keeping it together for Angelica’s sake. Unfortunately, she had an idea about how this was going to go…

”What a great idea! The more the merrier, right? I’ve always wanted us to be one, big happy family."

”Angie, sweetie, that’s exactly what you said when you forced Sidney and Kenzi together, and look how that turned out…”

”Well, that was different… I made the mistake of thinking that it was any of my business. But this *is* my business."

”… but not *just* yours. And are you really going to invite this distraction when you have that battle royal AND War Games coming up? I thought you were heading into town to go and train?”

”Hey now, Mary, what’s gotten into you? Ain’t you pleased to see your old family again?”

”That’s NOT what this is about! Look, pop, Angelica is on the verge of doing something great, but she can’t lack focus.”

”We won’t get in her hair, I promise! Just a patch of land, where we can grow some wwwwwww…. Errrr, crops of our own, maybe…? You’ll barely notice we’re here!”

”Well, I think it’s a splendid idea! The more the merrier, and we’re stronger together! That’s the whole spirit of War Games! And mom, I’m still going to train, obvs! Just you watch! I’m going to eliminate Ned by doing a literal gorilla press and throwing him out of the ring! Little Miss Waters? I can throw her around and over the top rope like a ragdolly. Teekay might eliminate himself if I throw some X-Bux over the top rope. At the very least, he’s easy to lure to the ropes so I can dump him out. Vagabond will underestimate me. Play some possum near the ropes, wait for him to charge… And BOOM! Drop down, pull down the top rope and it’s boom biddy bye bye!

And as for Sar-sar… Well, she’ll probs be my greatest ally and worst enemy in this match. If we can work together until it’s just the two of us standing, then we can both bet on ourselves to come out victorious. SO don’t you worry, mom. I’ve strategized for this one. People can call me distracted all they want, but it’s been the foremost thing on my mind for weeks now."

”Sounds great to me! It’s settled, then? Meaning *we* are settled, then?”

”It’s your decision, sweetie, but think about what you’re doing. Remember who you are, and in this case, remember *where* you are.”

A recent memory flashed through Angelica’s head, from right after her famous STA Ranch airdrop from San Antonio to Maine.

Quote: “....did…did you at least clear the move to Maine with Mother?”

“...yes, I cleared it with my mother…”

“.......not YOUR mother….MY mother….you did talk to her about this, right? You told her this was coming? And she gave you the go-ahead okay, right? RIGHT?”

“.................”

“................”

Angelica scratched the back of her head.

”I errrr…. I’m sure it’ll be fine!"

Angelica’s grandparents and the rest of the community that had emerged from the many vehicles cheered loudly and enthusiastically started to make preparations for their settlement.

”Fan-freakin’-tastic! I knew I could count on my own flesh and blood! I saw a nice patch of land a few hundred paces thattaways! Should have the perfect conditions for… Never mind.”

”But… That would be right on the edge of town! Angelica, I really don’t think that Avel-…”

”We’ll unpack! See you tonight for dinner?”

Before Angelica could respond, they had scurried off, leaving a trail of dust in their wake.

”I really, REALLY hope you know what you’re doing…”

”Yeah, so do I… But that’s a worry for another day. First, I have to do as well as I can in this Captain’s Match. Or do I? Maybe it’s best if I came in, like, third, for draft position? NAH! WIN ALL THE THINGS!"

And Angelica skipped off into town for training.

[Image: PevUv6s.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Angelica Vaughn's post:
Theo Pryce (05-06-2023)