Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:46 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Madness Character Development RP Board
From Harlot to Hero?
The Atomic Bat Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-25-2023, 02:45 PM

Harlot had been a small-time crook, working for The Smoker as a lookout and messenger. She had thought that she was living the life, enjoying the easy money and the excitement of the criminal world, but deep down, she knew that this was not the life she wanted for herself.

One day, while on a job for The Smoker, Harlot had a chance encounter with Atomic Bat. The superheroine had been hot on The Smoker's trail and had stumbled upon Harlot by chance. At first, Harlot had been afraid, thinking that Atomic Bat was there to arrest her, but instead, the hero had offered her a way out.

"You don't have to live like this," Atomic Bat had said. "You can come with me, help me fight against the real criminals in this city. You can be a hero."

What happened next was a mystery, but Harlot had never felt so powerless as she did when she awoke, realizing that she was now completely under Atomic Bat's control. At first, Harlot had resented her new life, feeling like a puppet being controlled by her master, but as time passed, she began to see the world in a different light.

Working with Atomic Bat, Harlot saw the good that could be done in the city. She began to understand that her previous life of crime was not worth the cost. The Atomic Bat was something different. She was strong and confident, with a fierce determination to protect the city from evil. Harlot found herself drawn to that energy, and had quickly become Atomic Bat's most trusted ally.

It hadn't taken long for Harlot to realize that there was more to Atomic Bat than met the eye. She had noticed the way she seemed to move effortlessly, even when she was fighting against impossible odds, and there were the rumors, of course, whispers that Atomic Bat was more than just a mere mortal. Atomic Bat claimed to gain her powers from a lab experiment, but Harlot always had her doubts.

However, Harlot never questioned her friend's secrets. After all, she had her own. She knew that her every action was ultimately controlled by Atomic Bat's will, but it didn't matter to her. She was happy to serve her friend, to be a part of something bigger than herself.

Then there was The Smoker.

Despite everything she had learned, Harlot couldn't shake her feelings for her former boss. She knew he was a criminal, but she couldn't help the way she felt. The Smoker had taken her in when no one else had, given her a purpose and a sense of belonging. He had been the first person to show her any kind of affection, and Harlot couldn't just forget about him, but every time she saw him, she felt a twinge of guilt. Guilt for what she had done, for what she had been a part of. She couldn't help but wonder if there was a way to save him, to show him that there was another way as The Atomic Bat did for her.

Harlot knew that The Smoker was a dangerous man, and that he had no qualms about hurting people to get what he wanted, but she also knew that he was capable of kindness, and that there was a part of him that genuinely cared for her. She couldn't help but wonder if she could use that to her advantage, but every time Harlot looked into The Smoker's whereabouts, she would also see Atomic Bat's disapproving gaze. The superheroine knew about Harlot's past, and she didn't trust The Smoker for one darn second. It was clear that Atomic Bat didn't want Harlot to have anything to do with her former boss.

At first, Harlot resented The Atomic Bat for this. She couldn't help but feel like she was being forced to choose between the two people she cared about most. On one hand, there was The Smoker, who had given her a sense of purpose and belonging. On the other hand, there was Atomic Bat, who had shown her a new way of living, and who she owed everything to.

It was a difficult choice, and Harlot wasn't sure what to do. She knew that she couldn't just abandon Atomic Bat, but she also couldn't just ignore her feelings for The Smoker. She wished that there was a way to make everyone happy, but she knew, at least for now, that it was impossible.

In the end, Harlot decided to keep her distance from The Smoker. She came to realize that he was dangerous, and that he would probably never change his ways. She also knew that Atomic Bat had her best interests at heart, and that she was trying to protect her.

It wasn't an easy decision, but it was the right one. Harlot knew that she had to let go of her past if she wanted to have a future. She was determined to continue working with Atomic Bat, to make a difference in the city, and to become the hero that she knew she could be, and maybe even begin to feel as if she's incontrol once more. 

That's why as she stood in front of Atomic Bat, she couldn't help but feel nervous. She had been working hard, trying to prove herself to the superheroine, and now she was hoping for her approval.

"Hey, Basty! I wanted to show you something," Harlot said, holding out a small object in her hand.

Atomic Bat raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "What is it?"

"It's a new gadget I've been working on," Harlot explained. "I think it could be really useful in our fights against the villains of this city."

Atomic Bat took the gadget from Harlot's hand, examining it closely. "Interesting," she said, a hint of approval in her voice.

Harlot felt a sense of relief wash over her. She had been working on the gadget for weeks, hoping that it would catch Atomic Bat's attention. Now that it had, she felt like all her hard work had been worth it.

"Do you think it could work in the field?" Atomic Bat asked.

"I'm confident it will," Harlot replied, a smile spreading across her face.

Atomic Bat handed the gadget back to Harlot. "Good work, Harlot. Keep it up."

Harlot felt a surge of pride at Atomic Bat's words. This was something that she had dome outside of Atomic Bat's control. She had been seeking her approval for so long, and now that she had it, she felt like she could take on the world. She knew that she still had a lot to learn, but she was determined to keep working hard and proving herself to her mentor.

"Thank you, Atomic Bat," Harlot said, trying to keep the excitement out of her voice. "I won't let you down."

"I know you won't," Atomic Bat replied, a small smile on her face.

Atomic Bat put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You've come a long way, my friend, and I'm proud of you."

Harlot smiled, feeling a sense of warmth spread through her. She knew that she had come a long way since her days as a small-time crook, and that she owed it all to Atomic Bat.

"I couldn't have done it without you. You showed me a different way of living, a way to make a difference in the world that I can be proud of."

Atomic Bat nodded. "But you've also shown me something, Harlot. You've shown me that people can change, that there is always hope for redemption."

Harlot looked at her friend, seeing the sincerity in her eyes. It was true, she had changed, but she also knew that it wouldn't have been possible without Atomic Bat's "guidance".

"I owe you everything."

Atomic Bat shook her head. "No, you don't owe me anything. You're my friend, and that's all that matters."

Harlot felt a lump form in her throat. She had never felt so close to anyone before, not even to The Smoker. Atomic Bat was more than just a mentor, she was a friend, a confidant, and an inspiration.

"Thank you," she said, feeling tears gather at the corners of her eyes.

Atomic Bat smiled. "No need to thank me, we're in this together, and we always will be."

Harlot knew that Atomic Bat was right. They were a team, and nothing could ever come between them. A feeling of belonging and a sense of purpose overwhelmed her, and it was a sensation she had never experienced before. Harlot was confident that regardless of what may come, she would remain by Atomic Bat's side.

However, the lingering presence of The Smoker continued to haunt her mind.

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Atomic Bat's post:
The Blue Tango (04-25-2023)