Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 02:11 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Running Late
Jason Cashe Offline
Champions get their name in red!
TITLE - The TV Champion

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-28-2023, 10:53 PM

"We can't all be heroes.."

I wondered what to do. What to say. What to think as I looked at the booking for May Day 2. I wasn't entirely sure where or what JustUS League was or why they were the team lined up for a shot at the Tag Titles. 

I'm not picky, I just wanted to be booked. I want to compete. It takes Sidney commenting on Twitter before Anarchy decides to find a spot for me on the card. 

Shit or get off the Pot and if I get Theo on the phone, I can probably do both. I'm really a decent multitasker. "What's wrong?" I forgot she was still on the bed next to me. She seemed distant as of late, I wasn't sure who's fault, if it was either of ours. I let my phone drop down and rest on my chest. Laying with one leg bent and pressed into the mattress, I looked over at her. 

"Nothing. Just looking at the next booking.." Reaching up, I scratched the side of my nose. "Just a lot of knots bundled in my head." Tapping a finger to my head, I add. "Demons dancing."

"Anything I can do to help?" Her voice spoke softly to me as she reached over and flicked the scar tissue where my right nipple used to be. She knew it was sensitive. Caused me to flinch a little. I quickly placed a hand down to cover it from any repeated attempts. 

"Win or lose, getting into a fight would help a lot I think. I'm fiending right now, is all.."

"Can I kiss you?" I was surprised by her question. 

"Are you really asking?" I laughed a bit. "Come here.." I grabbed for her and she put up no resistance. Plopping against me. I think she was upset about something, I wasn't sure what. I think I fell asleep.

"I let myself lose track of time. Thought I had more of it to linger about and have my feet kicked up but I don't. I checked. 

No, now is that college exam cram session. How do you rightfully prepare for the unknown? The masked mystery of the two who will be inside the ring trying to take what Kido and I just won a short time ago? 

Why isn't it Cool Kids getting a rematch or BoB, whatever the acronym stands for these days? Why not them? Why not Bourbon and Dolly because they just beat who had these belts before we did. 

It's a lot of questioning that goes into preparing for a match. Maybe I should have taken more time to really dig into things. Discover who they are. Maybe try to learn their secret identities. Maybe the secret is out and I just didn't get the memo. I never read the memos to be fair.. I would rather come to know who you are, what you are all about in the lead into a match we are having. Watching highlights of someone, seeing what they have done means little to me unless they have done it against me. 

That's my measuring stick and I don't care who it is you want to compare notes with. Until they do it to me? Their success and what they have accomplished means dick.. It's a fair trade because since being here, on this roster or Anarchy even. I've been looked past and looked over and rightfully so. I haven't been true to myself during most of this. 

My reign as Xtreme Champion was trash. If I am not good enough to come to work and do what I need to do to remain Champion then maybe the JustUS League will stand tall on the turnbuckles with their capes flapping in the wind as they raise the belts above them in glory.. 

Now I don't know about Kido.. I know he has a lot on his plate. He's in Love, he likes Anime and he is double booked in two matches on this night! One to try and defend the Tag Titles and one to end the night against Bobby "Bend em Over" Bourbon and I sure as fuck don't envy my Tag Partner. 

I want to believe that there is a threat to tag these Titles. That we are not being thrown in there with an NPC level floater team that nobody takes serious and maybe by beating us, taking these belts, people will recognize them as they recognized Ruby. The one and ONLY true Super Hero in XWF! 

I won't wear any masks..

I won't be who I am not any longer..

I'm not the Hero of this story, you are. My partner is. I am there to turn cheers into booos because I enjoy what I do by taking away the hope of those wanting to reach for the stars. Glory is easy to want but you better have more than a utility belt of tools to achieve it here..

I'm the Darkseid in your story. I have come to see your shortcomings.. You will bring them right to me!"

Jolting awake, Cashe checks the time. "Fuck, I'm running late!" Leaping from the bed, he hurries from the room. Josslynn was no longer there.

[Image: z9f1KQC.jpeg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Jason Cashe's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-06-2023), Dolly Waters (04-28-2023), JimCaedus (05-04-2023), Prince Adeyemi (04-29-2023), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (04-29-2023), The Blue Tango (05-07-2023), Theo Pryce (05-06-2023)