Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-20-2024, 06:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Smarter not harder.
Thunder Knuckles™ Offline
A No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

04-28-2023, 10:31 PM

April 28th t-minus a week before the big War Games Captains match. TK is seen walking out of a hospital. Nothing is wrong with him, he was visiting young Lilabeth. After a car wreck that she may, or may not have been the one driving in during some Urban BOBsleding. Noticing the XWFs camera crew fastly approaching, TK smiles and welcomes them.

Hey, guys, I know we got the whole May Day 2 Captain's match and shit.

Rubbing the back of his head, TK doesn't look like he's in the mood to do a promo but he trucks along... For the fans.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, yeah? Am I trying to win?

Rolling his eyes TK continues.

With the likes of Vaga-just need that break-out moment-bond, Angie "both my XWF tag partners sucked at being a team" Vaughn, and Saga's beltless young boy Ned Kaye in this match. It's going to be really tough to try and get dead last. Sarah Lacklin and Bless her wicked little heart Dolly Waters, both will come out guns blazing because they want to be the best.

TK makes a fake intimidating face.

Grrrrrr. Come May Day 2 I'll be the best! I'm beating you all because I'm better at rassling. Pfft.

Waving off all that garbage.

May Day 2 decides the DRAFT order. We're talking about a draft. A draft. Not War Games. A fucking Draft. Do you think the first-place pick has the best odds? How about dead last? After all,  you do get back-to-back draft picks. Nope, that's not where you want to be. The sweetest spot in all of the draft is the dead middle.  Oh, and who knows MID quite like 'Ol Thunder Knuckles? Not a single one of these "competitors" has my talents. It can be argued that Sarah Lacklin has avoided, yours truly, for 3 years. I'm not making that argument, but someone might. She's reached the mountaintop here in XWF while I've been skipped over for new and upcoming talent time in and time out.

A bit of frustration can be seen on TK's face.

Dolly's had a crack at the big gold. I beat her in singles competition, oh, she sure can fight and deserved every single one of her shots at gold.

Nods his head because Dolly really can crack and he knows it.

Hell, even Ned Kaye like his Saga brother cashed in a briefcase for a shot. Well... unlike his up-start buddy, the golden prince of crying about Peter Vaughn, that's another one but that's a different rant for a different day,  who was spoon-fed Uni shot after Uni shot, no, Ned just couldn't get the job done. Which is the story of that career, but, hey, he got his shot.

Closing his eyes, taking a deep breath, and exhaling, TK begins counting slowly.

One... Two... Three... Four...

Taking another deep breath then exhaling.

Five... Six... Seven...

TK opens his eyes.

Okay, I think I'm good now. So, no, I'm not going balls to the wall to try and get the number one draft pick, again, not the smartest play. Dead last... I mean, I wouldn't be against it. That doesn't mean I'm gunning for last place. Nah, I'm looking for dead center, like I said. That's the best place for a well-rounded team. Top-heavy teams are overrated and mostly always beaten. The plan is simple. Outlast Ned, Angie, and Vagabond. I know what you're thinking; Thunder Knuckles how can you possibly beat an upcoming talent like Vagabond? You just said you're always passed over for those guys. Well, I'm sure he'll tell us a nice little poem comprised of edgy buzzwords, but in the ring, he hasn't done much of shit... Out of those three, I have to say Ned is probably the harder one in the group. That says something in and of itself, doesn't it?

A smile forms on TK's face before continuing.

Seriously though, people really gravitate to the whole lovable loser shtick and Ned's got that shit down to a science. That's not saying Angie can't come in and surprise everyone, but the likelihood of that happening with Sarah also being a Captian is low. She'll settle for being the third-rate cool kid star like she always has.

Shrugging like the Universal Champion before Sarah Lacklin, TK doesn't miss a step.

I plan on soaking up every second of Coreytopia. That's another thing, all the competitors in this match, minus Dolly, who hosted May Day two years ago, don't know what to expect. All the drugs and chaos happening around the ring. How loud that crowd is.  It's something I've only experienced once and proud to be a part of again. Listen most of my opponents won't even take into consideration that the lumberjacks for our match are the very same fucking people we're drafting. Do you think I have a lot of friends in the back?

Chuckling to himself a bit, TK shakes his head no.

Nah, but not a single one of them wouldn't be proud to be on my goddamn team. No one does teamwork better than 'Ol Thunder Knuckles. Well... that's not necessarily true but not far off from it. I'd say I'm making progress.

TK winks into the camera directly to the XWF fans around the world.

I say that pretty much covers what to look forward to on May sixth. Dolly and Sarah trying really hard to prove they're the best. 'Ol Thunder Knuckles on cruise control. Vagabond, talking and not backing up anything he says. Ned, Nedding around, doing Ned things, and Angie doing cool kid stuff because she's a cool kid, duh.

That was TK's cue to end the promo but the Cameraman doesn't seem content with a three-minute promo.

Seriously, dude, what the fuck else can I say?

The very moment TK finishes his sentence Jimmy walks up.

Well, you looked finished.

That's because I am.

One of the camera crew holds up the dumb slate, so that Jimmy can see the time.

You have to be kidding me, right?

TK shakes his head no.

You have to do better than that. People expect more from you now.

Yeah, well, do you think they expect me to try and get the middle pick?

Jimmy, shaking his head yes.

Yeah, because you always choose the path of least resistance.

TK is squinting his eyes at Jimmy before popping off at the mouth.

It's not my fault these fuckers don't use their brains. You know the Bastardly Father didn't sit those things in our skulls for no goddamn reason.

How about we go talk to Lilabeth and film that. I'm sure that'll eat some time up and give everyone a look at how much better you're doing these days.

Jimmy starts heading toward the hospital doors hoping TK follow him.

Stop.

Jimmy looks disappointed that TK just didn't play along.

Why? I already said everything I really need to. It's not like management watches the promos and grades us. The Captains know what I'm about and they know I'm coming to fight.

Jimmy is quick to cut TK off.

At least til you're the third person left.

TK has a look on his face that could only be described as the word "duh".

Exactly, but the other three are in for a world of fucking hurt. If I have to do the bulk of the work come May sixth why the fuck would I do the bulk of the work now? That doesn't make sense Jimmy. Think! Plus eating time is for losers who don't prepare and I'm not about that life.

Now frustrated, Jimmy, lets TK know exactly what he thinks.

You can't just shit on people and expect to win, TK!

Why the fuck not?

It takes more than that to be a good wrestler.

Tk pulls out an imaginary list and an imaginary pen.

In-ring talent, check. Obliterate the competition in a verbal sparing match, check. That is being a pro rassler, damn it!

Yeah, but people love a good story, TK. Sell them the new you! Let them see you're not robbing banks and kicking homeless people in the dick.

TK gives his signature jerking-off hand gesture, this time really slow, that way Jimmy can see the long strokes.

No one cares about that, Jimmy. They care about the carnage! They care about when 'Ol Thunder Knuckles grabs Ned by the back of his head and smashes it into Vagabond's skull. They care about when Ol' Thunder Knuckles throws together a combination of rassling moves and slaps on the Thunder Strike to Angie Vaughn. They'll care when I finally hit Sarah Lacklin with both these knees in the corner.

What about Dolly?

Confused TK snaps back.

What about Dolly?

Isn't she a big threat?

No.

That's arrogant of you to say about a Bro, isn't it?

Dismissively TK brushes off Jimmy's comments.

No, Do you really think we're not working together in all this? We just have to ensure Dolly goes out after me. Higher draft pick, better chances of a member of BOB winning War Games. Does that mean at War Games we won't fight? No, it doesn't mean that at all. It means we know what's on the line and we're going to take full advantage of the fact none of these fuckers will work together to achieve a bigger play. Do you think the Cool Kids think past their own egos? No. They've proven that time and time again. Hell, even together they can't seem to work together. What makes these other Captains think they can lead their respective teams to anything other than a loss to either Team Dolly or Team Knuckles? Hell, I might be the most experienced Captain in the whole match. After all, I was on a team that won War Games in my very first year in this company. Then Dolly although not a captain at the time, lead her team to the finals on her first attempt at War Games and it took Corey and Alias to take her down. No, mine and Dolly's partnership in this match will prove to be more than capable of mopping up these losers and riffraff.

Jimmy starts nodding his head agreeing.

I mean, that is a pretty solid plan.

I know.

But if I hadn't come along XWF fans would never have known.

Sometimes less is more, Jimmy. Don't show all your cards and shit.

In the wrestling business these days less just means less though.

Well, let's bring back the substance and less drivel then, Jimmy. Plus, half the field, half the work.

You'll never completely change will you?

A smirk forms on TK's face.

Probably not.

Jimmy shakes his head because he knows TK's plan isn't going to be the dumbest thing he's heard all week. After all, he has to watch all of TK's opponents' promos.

So, now what are you going to do?

Well... I figured I'd hit up a Wendy's and get a Baconator. Oh, and get Lilabeth something too to bring back for her. Hospital food sucks. Wanna come with me?

Sure. Seeing as you're hell-bent on ending this promo.

Oh, shit, you know what we should do?

What?

Get Lilabeth a present and bring it back with her food!

Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Dope.

The two men start walking toward TK's wrecked 1968 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT.

Seriously, dude, the promo is over. Cut the camera.

The cameraman lowers the camera and the scene fades to black.

[Image: newtngb.png?ex=661f68da&is=660cf3da&hm=6...9be1b4b4b&]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Thunder Knuckles™'s post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-06-2023), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (05-02-2023), Charlie Nickles (04-29-2023), Dolly Waters (04-28-2023), JimCaedus (05-04-2023), Ned Kaye (04-29-2023), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (04-29-2023), Theo Pryce (05-06-2023)