Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:56 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Today's Your Day
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-28-2023, 06:16 PM

“After all through which I’ve been, I’m not letting any of these titles go without a defense!”

Not only Tag Team Champion, but Universal Champion once more, and both titles held simultaneously. Only Robert Main had achieved that in the entirety of the XWF history before - and now, Raion Kido had done the same.

Had there been any doubts that he was among the very best ever to grace the company, last Weekend Warfare was the ultimate, definite proof, that they would be all gone.

“But what comes next?”

“Next is caramel cake, Raion! Today’s your day, you’ve earned it!”

Lost in thought, the young Saint of Athena ran his hands through the lid of the caramel jar he was holding, not realizing he just voiced that question out loud. In the sunny afternoon of New York, in the comfort of his home, the young Saint of Athena was now in the kitchen with his girlfriend. Ryleigh had insisted that they made a celebratory cake just for them, and caramel sounded just what the Lion wanted.

“I’m getting very hungry now, love!”

“That’s great, because the dough is ready!”

As she spreads out the layers of dough that will make the floors of the cake, Raion is trying to open the jar, but the lid just won’t budge.

“Raion, it’s almost ready! Are you ready to spread the caramel over the layers?”

“I shall ensure Bourbon and the rest know there is nothing that a Saint of Athena cannot do!”

The Lion turns towards his girlfriend with a smile.

“Almost ready, love! Just let me open this jar…”

Now fully focused on the task in front of his eyes, the Gold Saint of Leo now grabs the jar with both hands, trying to lift the lid up with pure force.

“HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!!!”

And still the jar remains unopened as Raion has to break his grip to catch his breath.

“My Lion, are you okay?”

From behind, Ryleigh’s voice now sounds somewhat peculiar as she turns her head sideways at the Japanese wrestler, but Raion is quick to flash her a thumbs-up sign.

“All good, my love! Just the jar is resisting - coming right up!”

*BONK!*

*BONK!*

*BONK!*

He now slams the caramel jar on the kitchen counter a few times, and grips it once more, trying to get it open once and for all.

“I beat Bobby Bourbon and Sidney Grey - a mere jar of caramel isn’t going to get the better of the Lion now!”

Since the jar lid will not be lifted, Raion now tries to unscrew it. He tries to rotate the lid, but what rotates is his hand, without the slippery metal lid budging an inch from the rest of the glass.

“RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!”

Even the Lion’s mighty roar, and the power of the cosmos itself, are powerless against the humble little caramel jar. The more the XWF Universal Champion tries, the redder his face goes - every inch of his mighty arms trying to apply pressure on the metal lid. Soon enough, the poor beleaguered hero is sucking wind from the exertion - huffing and puffing as if he’d come from the ring itself.

“Raion! Is the caramel jar still giving you trouble?”

Ryleigh’s concern from before turns to stifled laughter, her hand upon her mouth, as she watches her boyfriend in his hopeless struggle.

“... Shall I try?”

The Lion shakes his head wildly - now defiance written across his face as if he were to face one of the tests to which he is accustomed.

“No! It’s okay, I’ll get it open!”

Hand to his chin now, the Lion reaches into a cabinet in the kitchen, taking a wooden spoon. Ryleigh lets out a giggle at what the stubborn young hero is trying to do.

“Give that naughty jar a good spanking, love!”

*CLANG!*

*CLANG!*

*CLANG!*

Raion taps the jar lid repeatedly with the spoon, and then tries again.

“Let’s see it hold still now!”

And again at it he goes, his mighty arms back to gripping the lid. He tries unscrewing it once more, but the lid is as stubborn as its foe, and it still won’t move an inch - regardless of the strength to which it’s being subjected by the strong-style wrestler.

*BONK!*

In his heroic struggle with the devious lid, the Lion trips on his feet and falls to the floor, derriére first. The defiant caramel jar still sits on the counter, unharmed, as Ryleigh can’t stop herself from bursting into laughter.

“Huff… Puff… Huff… why won’t it move???!!!”

He makes it to rise, fists clenched, but Ryleigh places a hand on his shoulder.

“Let me try now, my Lion. Save your strength for more, let’s say… demanding, feats.”

The sultry, seductive tone of her voice and the playful wink she makes at him are enough to make his face red once more, and as he gingerly gets up, Ryleigh steps towards the counter and grabs the caramel jar. She takes it to the kitchen sink, and opens the water faucet.

*SPLAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!*

Turning on the hot water, she lets the water break upon the metallic lid, and after a short while, she turns it off once more.

“Now let’s give it a try!”

*WHUPP!*

Physics has done its job, and the metal of the lid has slightly expanded. As if by magic, her tiny hands open the jar, and the metal lid finally separates from the glass container, leaving the precious caramel now unprotected.

“How did…?”

Ryleigh puts a finger to his lips.

“Shh… I have my own little tricks, Raion, learned through experience. Looks like we’ve found one thing the almighty Lion has trouble doing, right?”

As if the effort from before, and the bashfulness from Ryleigh’s earlier comment, had not already made the Lion’s face red, by now it looks like a cherry ripe for the taking. The almighty hero now looks a lot like the young boy he still is despite it all, a rather comical expression of befuddlement as he looks to the side.

“Aww, don’t worry, love. Stop questioning everything you do. We’re good at some things, maybe not so much as others - we don’t have to be perfect at everything.”

The Saint of Athena is now reduced to a young awkward boy, pouting almost as such.

“You’re cute when you pout like that, my Lion. Now stop worrying about it, and let’s go eat some cake!”

And as the Crown Jewel of the Dixon Family sashays away to make the cake, it is all the young Lion can do but follow…

“Well, Raion, what now? What you gonna do?”

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Here we are again, Mr. Bourbon. Amazing how things turned out to be, eh?”

A multi-layered cake sits on the table at which the Lion is sitting - simple in the making, but not for that any less delicious. Caramel-covered layer upon caramel-covered layer, and a slice directed to his mouth by a hand that doesn’t belong to him makes a childish pout appear on his face for a bit, before he opens his mouth and bites.

Once he swallows, he’s back to being the Lion of old.

“Last time you stated we’ve both held the Universal Title and kept fighting, and here I now stand, both Singles and Tag Team Champion at the very same time - the highest possible decoration for an XWF wrestler!”

The Lion smiles once more, pride now reflected on his face. After the long road that he had walked, and how it all had turned out to be in the end, he could allow himself to feel a measure of pride.

But he would not forget, after all, that above all else, he was doing his duty.

“But at the end of it all, and fortunate though I have been, this was just the righting of another wrong - because that is what I do. Another wrong in a series of wrongs, Bourbon - a series of wrongs of your exclusive making. You were dumb enough to call out Sidney Grey after you’d just beaten Mark Flynn, all the while assuming I wouldn’t be Universal Champion again, and it fell to me to fix your mistake.

You were also dumb enough to think I wouldn’t beat Sidney Grey, and now your second Universal Title reign was over before it began, while Raion Kido is now twice Universal Champion - and his second reign lasted, and shall last, longer than yours!

Because see, Mr. Bobby, righting wrongs is the kind of things I do. You said last time I fail to deliver, and not only have I proved that wrong just last show - you had the best available seat in the entire arena! -, it was also a fallacy back then.

The mighty King of the XWF that was Bobby Bourbon last year got his first defeat by Raion Kido, the almighty Lady King of the XWF - a mistake that shouldn’t have been if not for you - got her title taken away this year.

Not only does the Lion deliver - he does it better than anything else Bobby Bourbon could ever hope to do!”

This time the Lion grins, amusement now transparent in his eyes, before he eats another slice that Ryleigh Dixon feeds him. There was no question that Bobby Bourbon was among the greatest in the XWF, and he had come to prove it despite his setbacks throughout 2022.

But now the Lion knew that he was among them too - and Bobby Bourbon would be the mortar that would hold together the house that he had built.

“So what shall you say to this, Mr. Bastardly Bro? You spoke last time about my actions upon which to be judged, how shall you dare to judge me now? And by that same token, how, then, shall we judge you? Let’s give you credit for being brave - if reckless and foolish - enough for wanting to defend this title I now hold in the very same night. Where was that valor, Bourbon, after Sidney Grey got the best of you? You sat sulking with the rest of the Bros. and your lady!

When I lost the Universal Title the first time, I was back to fight the following week in a four-way match, and you had the chance of your life to get back where you should have gone - but who was it that stood in your way and dealt you another defeat?

I did, Bourbon! Because I was looking at you as my goal to beat if I was to cash-in the briefcase! What better way to challenge the Lady King and Champion, by beating the previous King and former Champion? These words pain me as I say them, because one more time, this should not have been!

But as incomprehensible as what you did with the Universal Title was, what came later was even worse. When our match was over and I finally beat you one-on-one, what did you do? You complained about a referee making the wrong call!

And then, worst of all, worse than anything else, you have the gall to speak about class. HA!”

It is all the Lion can do to avoid spitting the slice of cake he has on his mouth in disdainful laughter.

“Speak to me about class when you’ve actually bring it to the ring. You may pick up someone else’s litter for the cameras, but the trash you bring when it’s time to step between the ropes is the same it’s always been - and I said to you as much when we last faced. It took you nothing to call me a limp-wristed Mark Flynn, but I don’t need to speak about optimal paths - unlike him, my words actually translate into actions, and the two titles I hold are a more optimal path than he could have ever attained - just as my class is more than anything even resembling that you’ve ever had.

I had Vaughn literally cheat on the March Madness tournament, but I did not what the man who has done it all, to the moon and back, to the multiverse itself, resorted to doing! Tell me again like everyone else how dull and boring I am, tell me again how I am as bland as Mark Flynn, but the fact of the matter is, when the Lion bumps into adversity, he just fights back harder! Or did I talk about you cheating at last year’s March Madness? How did that match end? I had it all set to win it, and you reversed it. Just like I did this year.

So boo freaking hoo, Bourbon. Reversals happen, get over it. You know, like I did.”

All pretense of smiling is gone from his face now. How dare Bobby Bourbon question his integrity? The Gold Saint of Leo could tolerate being called wooden, or boring, or have his entire way of life and speech mocked.

But he had won fairly against Bourbon, just how he had won every other match. At MayDay 2, he would do it once more - and the only person the Bastardly Bro would be able to blame was himself.

“Is this really everything to which it all comes down? Is a man of the stature of the great Bobby Bourbon going to accuse me of being a fraud because I simply got the better of you? What will we say of you now, then? Was the man that put the Brotherhood of Bastards together an act? I wasn’t complaining about you cheating last year, and I didn’t do it when Vaughn took me out of the tournament - even when I had a very valid reason to do so.

What I did, just like I did last year, was to fight for the comeback, and to do it better than it ever could have been if I’d won the first time. Because that, Bourbon, is the motivation I get the few times someone gets the best of me. And against that, there is nothing you, or anyone, can do!

And just in case you want to speak to me about the Tag Team Titles, because that, for some inexplicable reason - let’s call it grasping at straws, since that’s all it was - was something you had to say last time. If it’s defenses you want, well, here we are. Raion Kido, double champion, defends both the Tag Team Titles and the XWF’s top prize at the very same show, and here in Ye’ Ole’ Commune, in Dolly Waters’ own extravaganza May Day 2, he’s going to bring Bobby Bourbon’s world crashing down.”

*SLAM!*

Raion now slams his fist upon the table before taking another bite of his cake. This was, after all, a grudge match - and it would simply not do just for it to end at one fall.

Because it’s not just once I’m going to put you in the ground long enough for you to get a good look at the ceiling lights, Mr. Brickhouse. When I deliver the smackdown you so rightly deserve for having us put up with your self-absorbed idiocy, I’m going to do it again and again until there’s nothing left of the pitiful excuse for a man that you have become. It’s a two out of three falls match, but I guarantee that after you and I are done, your fall shall be infinite.

The Bobby Bourbon that beat me at March Madness was a legend, a King to be after he’d beaten the one man that made the impact of 2022. But somewhere along the line, that Bourbon has become complacent. Maybe it was beating the likes of Jenny Myst once too often for the Television Title, maybe it was the fact that all of the Brotherhood of Bros became shadows of their former selves once - guess what? - Raion Kido became Universal Champion the first time. Maybe Mark Flynn’s optimal path speeches made something to your brain, but there is only one thing I know.

The Bobby Bourbon that stands before me at MayDay 2 is weak, and he is also a fool. He had the Universe in his grasp and he let it slip away.”

The Lion now displays his trademark snarl - a quiet fury writ upon his eyes. This was the man that would bring the XWF to salvation, and instead, he brought down the XWF Universal Title out of his own selfish delusion.

And that, the Saint of Athena could not forgive.

“And that, Bourbon, is a mistake that I’m not going to make. War Games is coming and it takes place in my home, and I have no intention to go into it without these two prizes I’ve obtained. Which means, Mr. Bastard, that from here on out, I’ll be in your future. I’ll be the man you want to beat, the one that the man that has done it all now has a reason to want to surpass. The thought of that, Mr. Bobby, is going to hit right before your sight fades out and you have nothing to blame for your defeat but yourself.

Because that’s the day, Bourbon. May 6th, MayDay 2. That’s your day. When it finally comes, and you find yourself looking up at me getting both belts raised, ask yourself the simplest question, but the one that matters most. Sometimes, things just don’t go your way, and this is going to be one of those times. So tell me, Bourbon…”

*WHUPP!*

A familiar sound now hits in earshot, followed by Ryleigh Dixon’s playful voice.

“Oh, Raion? There’s another caramel jar open!”

And the Lion’s face blushes in embarrassment for a fraction of a second, conscious of the one thing he hasn’t been able to do, before defiance creeps up to his expression again, as he asks his final question.

“What you gonna do?”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Raion Kido's post:
Mark Flynn (04-28-2023), Theo Pryce (05-06-2023)