Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-03-2024, 06:52 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Spear of Bellerophon
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

04-07-2023, 01:39 PM

“Sometimes some harsh words are needed, in order to get us back into shape.”

Though the meeting with his family had gone well, and their impression of Ryleigh Dixon was very good, there was something that kept stinging at the young Saint of Athena.

“Because sometimes, no matter how good we may be, we occasionally mess up - and in the end, we cannot run from ourselves.”

It also seemed that Bobby Bourbon was more concerned about Sidney Grey than about him - so maybe some harsh words of his own were needed. But at this point, he was back at his hotel in Osaka, packing his things in order to return to the States.

“What has you so concerned, my Lion?”

Ryleigh Dixon’s words brought the Lion back from his own thoughts. When he glances up, he's drawn to her freckles of sweet patterns. Her eyes shimmer softly while he speaks.

“I wonder if Dad really understood why I was so upset about being caught drunk on camera.”

“But I did say it was because of me.”

“I know, my love, but I think he didn’t really get the point.”

The Crown Jewel of the Dixon family sits down on the bed next to where he is and puts her hand on his shoulder. Feeling her squeeze, he draws a sigh of resignation.

“What do you mean?”

“He thought I was upset for you, but I was not. I was upset for myself. Because I have done wrong.”

Nothing but silence comes between the two, but it’s Ryleigh that breaks it.

“Well… yes, you have.”

The Lion turns towards her out of pure shock.

“I never knew of all people, you would be the one to say that!”

Ryleigh holds still and looks at him square in the eye. When she speaks, her voice starts softly, but eventually rises to level.

“I know that losing to Vaughn - and especially because of him cheating - was too much. But you made a standard of yourself for being unyielding. Perhaps then, in a single moment of temporary weakness, and with Cashe goading you, you finally yielded.

That's what is really troubling you, darling."

The Lion lowers his head, now abashed. Ryleigh Dixon has, indeed, pierced through his armor.

“I have said, love, that there is nothing I can hide from you. Once again, you are correct.”

A small smile now comes to Ryleigh’s face.

“Now let me ask you this - has there ever been a man or a woman that has not gone astray?”

The Lion mulls over the question, but Ryleigh doesn’t give him the chance to say anything.

“The answer is no - because we are human and we are flawed. Even you, Raion-sama, cannot escape this fate. You do your best to be the best person you can be, but sometimes you’re inevitably going to err because you're imperfect.”

“That is not very reassuring, Ryleigh…”

Her ruby lips form a weak yet warm smile. Her hand moves from his shoulder, allowing her arm to drape over him, and she places her head there.

"Well, darling, it's not. Sometimes there’s a harsh reality in front of us, and it’s up to us how to overcome it.

I know that first hand, Raion. You were there when I had to face mine. Now it's my turn to be there for you.”

Knowing that she is right, the Lion turns towards her, and leans his head against hers, closing his eyes for a second before looking at her once more.

“Just so - what I did was wrong, and I apologize. You’re a recovering alcoholic, and you deserve better than your boyfriend being caught drunk.”

Ryleigh smiles.

“I forgive you, my love. Now you know what you have to do.”

That much Raion did know.

“Same as any Saint of Athena must do when they’re knocked down - rise the hell up and keep up the fight!”

She smiles brightly and creates a little space between them. This allows him to rise from the bed in motion with his words. A soft giggle escapes her.

“See? You’ve known all along. But sometimes it helps to have someone give you the occasional piercing truth, right?”

The young Japanese wrestler now gives her a smile of his own.

“Like the myth of Bellerophon and the Chimera - the mightiest of beasts brought down in a single piercing blow!”

“There’s no going against my Lion and his mythology!”

At this point, both of them break into laughter.

“But it shall help me against Bobby Bourbon too. He says I bite my tongue because I’m timid and fear coming off too brash.”

His smile now turns into an expression of defiance.

“If that’s what he wants, I’m going to give him a nice tongue-lash.”

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*SCREECH!*

*SCRATCH!*

*SCREECH!*

Sparks fly in the darkness as a stone grinds a metal blade, which screeches as its edge is honed. Upon a closer look, the camera reveals Raion Kido, clad in his shining Golden Cloth, sitting as he rubs the stone against a long shaft ending in a flat blade.

“I suppose that’s how long your newfound goodness lasted, eh Bourbon?”

As he sharpens the tip of the spear, a menacing grimace appears in the face of the Lion.

“Not only do you resort to rubbing last year in, you have to talk about how I bite my tongue!?

You know, I would have thought someone of your caliber to know that someone’s bite is worse than their bark, but since that does not seem to have dawned on you, it may be a good time for you to learn that next Warfare. Or did Sidney Grey say anything before taking the Universal Title?

Maybe you’re getting the point now, Mr. Bobby. I prefer to speak through my actions, but I think it’s high time that I delivered some harsh words. Why should I have to worry about what you think of what I have to say? I’ve proven myself time and again throughout 2022, and it should stand as a testament to my worth that I have done what you could not since 2017 in my very first year.

But since that was 2022, let’s fast forward to here and now - the testament to the Lion’s skills in 2023 can so far be shown by these tag team belts the SAGA now has - a SAGA that shall now have another page of glory written into it when your turn comes to fall.”

The Lion tilts the upright spear into the camera for a brief second, as a wry smile appears now on his lips.

“Oh, but that’s not all you had to say. As if that alone were not enough, Bourbon, you also have to say I wouldn’t be where I am but for Cashe. So answer me this - where was Cashe when I won the Leap of Faith? You know, that match I won over you despite assistance from your fellow Bastards? Where was Cashe when I won the Universal Title? Where was he when I beat Sarah Lacklan, and you lost to Jay Omega?

I mean, he heroically held off three other people as I pinned Cadryn Tiberius, but that’s exactly what a team is, and I haven’t seen much of the Brotherhood since your “bros” left for greener pastures - and what little remains of the almighty Charlie Nickles is just sad. Even the last title he held is now in my possession, after I beat the very person that took it from him - both individually, and with Cashe.

I suppose you at least can carry yourself without them around, but as I said last time, a year has passed since last March Madness. Even there I did better than you have done, but now it’s time to prove I can take you down one on one. Because that’s the thing, Mr. Bastard - the Lion does not forget.”

The glint in the Lion’s eyes is as bright as the shine of his Golden Cloth - and of the blade of the spear that he holds as a hoplite of Ancient Greece.

“So please, Bourbon, tell me you have something else. Tell me about that throne made of skulls from which you were exiled - because I know what happened last time you held the Universal Title, and I mean the one time you did, not this time that Sidney Grey cut off your reign before it even began.

Tell me about how I will find no lower, or meaner, or any more ferocious. That’s what I’m supposed to expect, but you came into this match singing my praises! Am I supposed to lower my guard now that you claim to be humbled?

Am I supposed to take you at face value after deriding me for an achievement I contributed in no small part to obtain?

I’m sorry, Mr. Boy Scout, but no one’s buying that, and least of all I. You speak of how not being half-bad isn’t being great, but I just happen to know one person that said the same thing, how did that work out for her?

I’ll give you a hint - the last time we faced, she was a champion, and now she is no longer.”

At this point, the Lion tosses the stone away, and rises - his lips now peeled, and his canines now showing.

“Which, speaking of titles - I think it’s about time I finally did something about that Universal Title myself. I didn’t go undefeated since I lost it until the March Madness tournament for any of that to go unnoticed, but I guess I just have to take some direct action. It was meant to be Flynn and I again, but now you and Sidney Grey had to be involved, and that just makes me sick.

It makes me sick, because while I worked night in and night out since Relentless, you did nothing of note since losing the Television Title. Tell me, what were you doing at Bad Medicine? Beating Mastermind? That’s twice I’ve done that already, and meanwhile, I put Chris Chaos’ grand return to a halt.

What about Snow Job? I was beating Mark Wright while you were nowhere to be found. And at March Madness, you got a shortcut to an Universal Title match while Cashe and I revisited what Sarah Lacklan and Angie Vaughn did to Dolly Waters and your own Bastardly Brother.

But since it seems this will go on forever until I finally take action, I suppose the time to do so has come now. Which is why this match is important to me, Bourbon, and not just for what happened last year. As I said before, this match is the litmus test - the greatest test before I once more embark in the quest for the Universal Title.

You seem to be more worried about Sidney Grey, despite stating how you had no hard feelings, than what lies in front of you, and it’s time for me to give you a much-needed wake-up call.”

The Lion holds the spear aloft, as if he were to stab the sky.

“It is time, therefore, to introduce you to some piercing truths - much like Bellerophon struck his spear through the Chimera’s throat, and Oklahoma City shall be the stage of the retelling of this story. Weekend Warfare is when the Saint of Athena takes flight above Pegasus and drives his Lightning Bolt through Bobby Bourbon’s heart.

And when that happens, the world shall know that I have chosen to confront my issues head-on, and come out victorious.

So get ready, Mr. Bourbon, and say your prayers to the Bastardly Father…”

*THUNK!*

With a sudden motion, Raion thrusts the spear into the camera, whose image cracks as the Lion utters his final words.

“... for in the end, the final thrust of Bellerophon’s spear shall pierce you whole.”

Fade to black.

2000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Raion Kido's post:
Prof. Bobby Bourbon (04-07-2023), Theo Pryce (04-08-2023)