Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:33 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness V 2023 RP Board
A letter and a carriage
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-25-2023, 08:09 AM

During an airplane ride from El Paso International to Bangor Maine International, while sitting in first class and sipping champagne, Sarah Selena Grey-Lacklan, one half of the XWF Taggie Team Champions, promised to write a “strongly worded letter” to Atticus Gold regarding the inclusion of Jason Cashe in the triple threat match for Team HSU’s championship titles at March Madness. She did, indeed, write said letter during the plane ride, though she decided to factor in the inclusion of Cadryn Tiberius after a few drinks as well, for similar reasons. However, before the letter was sent to the XWF official, it was intercepted by Angelica Mary Vaughn, the other half of the Taggie Team Champions, and younger-but-taller sister of Sarah. Upon reading the letter, not only did Angelica believe that the words were too strong, she also thought they were unnecessarily mean. Thus, she took upon herself the endeavor of making some alterations to said strongly worded letter, without Sarah being the wiser, before sending it to Atticus by way of the Lacklanland Pigeon Delivery Service.

This is that letter.

[Image: jnd6F0l.png]

The STA Ranch
On the outskirts of Lacklanland

Angelica was dressed for the occasion. An occasion they’d put off for far too long, as it was. Angelica was rather looking forward to it, nonetheless. A family reunion, of sorts, was always a lot of fun. Some would even call it a gala. But her mother did not share her enthusiasm.

Mary was plucking away at her outfit, trying to get rid of the tiniest crease in her dress, and rearranging her hat a dozen times, shifting it by a millimeter each time. Angelica patted her on the shoulder.

”Come now, mom. You’re overthinking it. You look great! Besides, I bet Bordy will be thrilled to see you! I think you forget sometimes that the two of you share something that nobody else does. As for Sar, you can just ignore her. Trust me, it can be done, even if she thinks it’s impossible. And I’m sure you and Meemaw Grey will hit it off splendidly!"

Mary sighed.

"Listen to me, sweetheart. Nothing good will come of your meddling with the Greys. In a worst case scenario, Kenzi will come to resent you for it. And this is not a scenario where I want to say ‘I told you so’ later on."

”Why does everyone keep worrying about that? Aren’t you happy you and I got back together again? Just trust me on this, ‘kay? We’ll have the perfect weekend, and we’ll cap it off with wins all around at March Madness! Sar-sar and I have been training like craxy, we’ve never been better as a team! Kenz and Sid will be better off once they’ve made their peace, too."

Mary knew her daughter wasn’t going to be easily deterred, so she let it rest. Although she did have some remarks about her choice of outfit. Whereas most parents worried about something being too revealing or slobbery, Mary’s concerns were the opposite. Angelica wore a fancy dress, fit for Victorian royalty, and on her head…

"Don’t you think the crown is a bit much, dear?"

”Crown? Come now, it’s a tiara. It’s fancy and pretty! No need to look past that! Now, shall we be on our merry way, mother dear?"

Angelica giggled at her rather posh turn of phrase. It was still a bit of a hike to Lacklanland proper, except… Something that resembled the sound of coconut halves being banged together started to make itself known. It wasn’t soon before a horse-drawn carriage pulled up at their front door. The driver bowed his head, almost in reverence, and Angelica enthusiastically clapped her hands.

”Oooh, horsies! I love horsies! Even better than walking! Let’s go!"

"Well… Okay, then."

They got in the carriage and quickly entered the borders. The whirling streets were full of people who had also done their best to dress themselves as fancifully as they could. Angelica hung out of the window and waved at everyone they passed, and was greeted with many cheers.

”I have to admit, mumsie. It starts to feel like home. Don’t you agree? You must be THRILLED to be back here, no?"

Angelica looked back, but her mother wasn’t even looking at the window. Her hands clasped together, and her knees touching, she was looking at the carriage floor.

"I… I don’t know. It feels weird."

”How so? You used to be one of them!"

"Exactly! THEM! I was… part of the rabble, sweetheart. I was a servant girl. I wasn’t someone who rode carriages, wore fancy dresses. When your father’s eye fell on me, he treated me like a queen, but at the end of the day, I was still simply… Mary. And honestly, I’m a bit worried you’re so eager and comfortable riding this carriage through the streets like you’re somehow better than…"

”MOM! NO! You can’t possibly think that! Driver, stop the carriage, if you please!? My mother is feeling uncomfortable. We would prefer to walk the rest of the way."

Within seconds, it came to a grinding halt. Angelica got out, refusing the driver’s help as she stepped off. Mary did the same. Angelica grabbed her mother’s arm, intertwining it with hers. The people still waved at them, but they kept a respectful distance. As they passed a florist, someone even threw a pair of red roses at their feet. Angelica smiled and waved back, while Mary kept her eyes focused on the ground.

”You’re looking at it wrong, mumsie. In the wrestling biz I soon learned that there’s people who genuinely think they are *above* someone else. But you know what? Fans also *want* to look up to someone. And that has to be earned. So, to me, this is kind of like when I get cheered on my way to the ring. I don’t feel like I’m above them, but I am simply giving the people a connection with someone they admire. When I was a wrestling fan, rather than a competitor, I looked up to the superstars soooo much! Just a look, an autograph, a liked tweet,... All of that would make my day! Like when Dad let his ‘eyes fall on you’, right? So I’m not prancing about here because I feel like I deserve admiration. Sarah? Maybe she does, yeah. But I just want to make someone else’s day, if I can. And the people of Lacklanland, well… They love Lacklans. And they consider us to be two of them."

"I… That’s good to hear. It’s easy to lose yourself."

”I know. In the end, you just have to unapologetically be yourself. Look at Raion Kido. It does wonders for him, no? People make fun of him for his Japanese cartoon stuffs, but he doesn’t care. And neither should he. He has an amazeballz girlfriend in Ryleigh who is also a good friend of mine, and he is extremely successful in the ring. And Jason Cashe? He can be obnoxious and brazen, but it’s part of his… charm? I mean, he gets along well with people like Sloane, so how bad can he be, really? If smoking weed, being a ruffian and making bad jokes works for him, and he’s happy to let that be his legacy, then good for him! And Gravy, well, they are definitely unapologetically themselves all of the time, even if what and who they are changes on a weekly basis and you don’t even know what they’re going on about. And Cadryn can simply bend reality to his will, or something. But he won’t be able to conjure up a reality where he and Gravy walk out with the Taggie Team Championships!"

With their walk having come to an end, they were greeted at the compound door by Sarah, who was impatiently tapping her foot and checking the time on her Windows Phone (not that it managed to ever be accurate). As she saw her younger-but-taller sister approach, she motioned her over, telling her to make haste.

Finally! You’re late, Sister! Where are the horses and carriage I sent you??

At hearing Sarah’s voice, Mary flinched and seemed to start dragging her feet. But Angelica held on to her arm and dragged her along.

”Well it was very nice of you to want to carry me again, but we decided we’d prefer a bit of a walk among our people. Thankies for the gesture, though! Now, let’s get this gala going. I’m dying to meet Aveline again! And Si-.... Well, you’ll see. This is going to be the best weekend ever! I can’t wait for March Madness."

Sarah frowned.

Walk? Among the Poors? Whatevz! Come on!

And she went inside, muttering something about ‘servant girls’.

[Image: PevUv6s.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
CTN (03-25-2023), Lacklan (03-25-2023), Theo Pryce (03-25-2023)