Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
Overzealous or Making History?
Zara Ivory

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-18-2023, 08:58 PM

There may be some that feel as if Zara was being greedy and overzealous…even maybe having the feeling of being better than others. She was the longest-reigning Zion Wrestling Gateway Champion, a Trios Champion in New Frontier Wrestling, and before Prime Canadian Wrestling had seemingly folded, she was the inaugural Trainwreck Champion. Now she was taking part in the star match that This is Awesome Promotions was hosting at the 2nd Denzel Porter Invitational for their newly announced Women’s Championship. It was something that she was highly aiming for…whether she was a single or co-champion with someone else, it didn’t matter to her as long as she was the inaugural TIA Women’s Champion.

=======================================================

Zara knew that her schedule was about to get extremely hectic, but she welcomed the chaos that was coming her way. She was bouncing between Vegas, Illinois, and Japan for shows, but the green-haired woman really wouldn’t have it any other way. She was currently able to take a bit of a hiatus while in Japan even though she had a title defense coming up very, very soon. She was in her cousin’s hotel room so the two could discuss the upcoming schedule, since it affected both of them, among other things. Marley sat across from Zara at a little table in the room, having gotten both of them a bottle of water before they started chatting.

Zara Ivory: The next few weeks are going to be intense, Mar. I mean, I know you’d be coming to Japan anyway because of Samuel, but we’re going to be bouncing back and forth a lot. If you don’t want to do a lot of bouncing back and forth with me, that’s fine.

Marley rolled her eyes as she put the cap back on her water. Before she could speak, both women heard a meow and a big fluffball of fur jumped in Zara’s lap, and she began running her fingers through the Maine Coon kitten’s fur with a light grin.

Zara Ivory: Krueger but no Samara, huh?

Marley Divata: She’s getting older, so I don’t think traveling much would be good for her. Plus it’s not like I could bring Circe either, so I asked a neighbor to watch them instead of boarding them again…last time I did that, I ended up coming home with the fluffball, so I think I’m banned from going, alone of course, to the place I found to board them now. And he’s still growing, so I don’t want him to end up with separation anxiety or anything like that. Just wait until he’s bigger…I told Samuel I’d be walking him around the arenas we’re at on a leash.

Marley laughed a little and shrugged a bit. Obviously, she wasn’t actually banned from going there…Samuel wouldn’t try to do that to her, but she was trying to behave. And she knew that if she went back other than to pick up the animals’ necessities, she’d end up bringing home another poor thing that needed a home. She reached over and gave the kitten a few light scratches under his chin then sat back in her chair and looked at her cousin with a serious expression.

Marley Divata: I wouldn’t be a very good manager if I didn’t come to every show with you, Zara. You’ve already had me skip so many before…it doesn’t feel right watching some of your matches from at home or the hotel.

Zara Ivory: We also didn’t expect me to do as much as I’ve started doing, Mar. When I went pro a little over a year ago, I was just with Zion and NFW. Now I’m with them, with WGWF, was part of the first World Series of Wrestling, I’ve started acting some for Splat, and I’m taking part in the 2nd Denzel Porter Invitational. I never expected this, and I know you didn’t as well. It’s not fair for me to ask you for all of that time, especially when you have a wedding to plan as well.

Zara gave Krueger one last back rub before she lifted him out of her lap and set him on the floor gently. She watched the kitten look at her like ‘What the Hell?’ before ultimately deciding to go to Marley instead. The two women laughed as the ball of orange fur gracefully leaped into his human momma’s lap, but the laughter died down after a few moments.

Marley Divata: Zara…I go where you go, you know this. Hell, without you asking me to be your manager, I wouldn’t even have a wedding to plan because I never would have met Samuel. You seem to continuously forget that everything amazing in my life right now is because of you.

Zara Ivory: You needed help at the time…that’s what family is all about, Marley. You finding him was just an extra…I don’t want to say a bonus, but I can’t think of another word right now that would work. I’m just happy things have ended up working out so well for you. And if I decide that you don’t have to be at every single show I’m booked for then that’s just all there is to it. Marcus goes with me since he’s wrestling for only XIX right now and that gives us our time together too…you need your time with Samuel without having to rush around getting ready for a show with me.

Marley eyed her cousin as the other woman drank some of the water she had been given before she sighed. Saying nothing, she swirled the water around in the bottle with one hand while the other was tangled up in the kitten’s long, orange fur. Another sigh escaped her lips and she finally nodded in agreement.

Marley Divata: Fine…I know you’ll just end up being as stubborn as I am with all of this so fine. But any title matches or defenses, no matter what company they’re with…you can bet your ass that I’m going to be there despite how you feel.

Zara Ivory: Now that, I wouldn’t have any other way by any means. For big matches like that, I wouldn’t want you anywhere but at ringside for me. Now since we were talking y’alls wedding a minute ago…got any of it planned yet?

Marley laughed a little and ran her fingers through her hair but gave a small nod as it was. They had at least picked a date, but they hadn’t announced it quite yet, wanting to get a little more of it planned out first.

Marley Divata: Well…

The scene faded out as the two women began talking about what bit had been planned out already. Marley knew that Zara wouldn’t say anything to anyone other than probably Marcus, so she had no issues telling her about any of it since she knew it’d be kept a secret.

Nothing could properly prepare Zara for the Star Match set for the 3rd night of the Denzel Porter Invitational. Having to eliminate 2 other women while trying to avoid elimination herself? To any normal person, that kind of match would probably sound like Hell in the ring, but to Zara? Well, that sounded exactly like the kind of insanity and chaos that she reveled in…that she excelled in when it came right down to it. It seemed like the more turmoil that was able to happen in a match, the better she did in it. The true test for her, now at least, would be in the Star match.

Zara Ivory: I suppose when you look at it, this Star match is no worse than being in a rumble match in a way. You have to worry about being eliminated while still getting eliminations yourself. One wrong move, one wrong alliance even, and that’s all she wrote for you. You essentially screw yourself over if you have even the smallest of slip-ups of any kind.

Zara paused and licked her lips, sighing ever so slightly after she did so. After a few seconds of silence, the green-haired beauty smirked a little.

Zara Ivory: What people don’t realize is that I’m more than just a little quirky. I’m more than just a little eccentric. High-pressure matches, matches filled with chaos and that can be filled with insanity? Those matches are where I excel. Those types of matches are right where I feel at home.

The woman glanced down at the bags that were beside the chair she was sitting in. She was still in Japan, having just finished her latest title defense on Zion Wrestling’s Monday night Mayhem show. It had notched another win, another defense under her belt, and it inched her closer to breaking yet another record as the Gateway Champion. For a moment, she debated with herself about bringing the titles out of their bags but then decided against it.

Zara Ivory: I could go on about how dominant of a champion I am…about how I’m breaking records every chance I get and that’s why I would make such a perfect inaugural Women’s Champion for This is Awesome promotions. However! What I do in the future is not defined by what I’m doing now or what I’ve done…what matters is what I do on the 3rd night of the Denzel Porter Invitational. What matters is what I do in order to ensure that I’m the winner of the Star match whether it be as a co-champion or the sole champion.

The Filipino woman sighed and stretched her tired muscles out, looking for a little more relief in the process. She wasn’t one to complain…Hell, she didn’t even do that after she was out of action for a few weeks back in October after she and her tag partners had been jumped after a vicious match. Why would she start complaining now when things were going great, and she was being kept busy like she had always wanted?

Zara Ivory: I’ve never been impressed by Crystal Zdunich, and I’ve seen enough of her work to know whether I should be or not. I work with her in NFW, after all. However, I guess if it comes down to it, I’ll work with her long enough to take out Brittani and make it easier on myself to add another achievement to my repertoire. But that will never make me okay with her, and I likely never will be. If people don’t like that then I don’t really care.

The woman paused again, thinking about the other that she was familiar with thanks to the World Series of Wrestling…also the other person she needed to look at trying to team up with. Now normally, she wasn’t one to be alright with teaming up with people outside of the Queens of Chaos, but with it coming down to the opportunity that was at hand…well, she’d get over her uneasiness for however long she needed to.

Zara Ivory: Selena Frost…you were quite formidable in the World Series of Wrestling. Quite frankly, you did amazing in it and it was awesome to get to compete against you. It seems like we both drew Jessie Lee as one we need to eliminate in order to win. Now I’m not one to typically suggest teaming up with someone that is outside of the usual circle I would team with, but I firmly believe the two of us could do some major damage by acting together. It would end up benefiting both of us, after all, if we took Jessie Lee out as soon as we’re able to do so.

Zara licked her lips before leaning to the side to grab a bottle of water, and taking a sip of it. She placed the bottle on a small side table before sitting back in the chair again, taking a moment to regain the comfort that she previously had before moving for her water. She lazily drooped her arms along the arms of the chair before she continued.

Zara Ivory: Brittani Helms…I’ve heard of you. I’ve heard of what you’re able to do, and I look forward to meeting you in this match, but it’ll be a shame that you won’t really be able to enjoy it. I have a goal…a goal to become the inaugural TIA Women’s Champion whether it’s as a co-champion with someone else or as the sole champion. What little legacy I’ve built over the last 14 months as been built on breaking records and being the best over the others. At the Denzel Porter Invitational, I plan on adding to my legacy by making sure I take you out one way or another. It’s nothing personal by any means…it’s just simply business. I have a goal in mind, and I plan on achieving it no matter what it takes in order for me to do so.

Taking a hand to her face, the woman rubbed at her tired eyes. The time differences and the traveling would catch up to her during the week, but she was lucky that she didn’t have anything for a few days at least. It would give her a reprieve and allow her to rest rather than over-pushing herself as she had done in the past. Zara held her chin in her hand for a moment, looking a little lost in thought at the idea of making history again, but she quickly regained her composure. There was one more person to touch base on, after all.

Zara Ivory: Jessie Lee…you’re the mystery to me, here. Until this match had been announced, I had never heard of you in all honesty. Now that doesn’t mean anything, of course, other than the fact that we run in different circles…in different companies. Naturally, that’s not a bad thing, but it simply means that we haven’t had the chance to be introduced, in a way. We’re not familiar with each other’s work, and that can be a good and bad thing. It’ll allow us to give the fans something that they haven’t seen before when we square up which is always a positive, but not knowing how our styles will mesh together? In the end, that could always negatively impact how things go. We’ll just have to see when the time comes, won’t we? But much like when it comes to Brittani, I won’t be holding anything back against you. You’re another person for me to take down to add to the history that I’m creating for myself.

Pausing a final time, the green-haired woman began to slowly push herself up and out of the chair. A light groan escaped her lips as her sore and tired muscles yelled at her for removing herself from the comfort of the chair, but she ignored her body’s protests. She ran a hand through her hair, wincing a little as her fingers managed to find a few knots in the process. Zara began walking around the hotel room, seemingly heading towards the bathroom for a long soak in a hot bath to soothe her aches and pains. Before going into the room, she paused and looked back at the camera that she had set-up for the evening’s events.

Zara Ivory: Ladies…I’m going to warn you now. When I put my mind to something, I get it one way or another. Whatever it takes, whoever I have to go through…it doesn’t mean a damn thing to me. Whatever I have to put my body through in order to walk away as the or one of the inaugural This Is Awesome Women’s Champions will be done. You’ve all had your time, and right now? Well right now, I’m on top of my game. This title will be mine one way or another. I’ll see you all on the 3rd night at the Denzel Porter Invitational…and you’ll all see me walking away with that championship.

With that being said, Zara walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind her with a tight click and the turn of the lock. By doing that, the rest of the room was cast in a shadow, effectively ending what the green-haired woman had planned for the night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zara Ivory's post:
Theo Pryce (02-19-2023)