Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:03 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
Marcus Ka'Derrion vs. A Self Made Coward
"Venom" Xavier Lux Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

02-18-2023, 04:24 PM

I can’t remember the last time I was at a hospital as a visitor, let alone as a patient. But here I lay in a hospital bed, unable to move, with bandages wrapping my head tightly and medical tubes coming out of my nose and mouth. I faintly feel some needles piercing the skin of my right arm and left hand as well, and I guess that’s a good sign because it means I am not paralyzed. Even though I can’t open my eyes just yet, I can see myself laying in this bed, swollen, full of bruises… Specially in my face and neck area… Not sure how long I’ve been here, and while I have a ton of questions, the main ones running through my head are: “who put me in here?” and “how long until I can get out to get me some sweet revenge?” I think hard but that just causes more internal pain around my cerebellum as I want to force my body to move, but it can’t, or it won’t.. again, I’m not paralyzed, but I guess I’m too weak to do so. My back throbs softly, but that pain I can manage… Frustrated I try to relax, to clear my mind, and then it hits me…..

Almost a Month Ago…

|+|“CCPE vs. The World” Pay-Per-View – The CCPE Arena @ The Velvet Rabbit - Las Vegas, Nevada | 1.22.23 | Shane Donovan has attacked Xavier Lux and Jack Sullivan after their match, purely out of jealousy; but what he did next was completely unexpected… He attacked Marcus ~who was at ring side to support his tag team partner~ with a steel chair, driving it directly into his chest. Shane would then pull him over the guard rail, toss him into the ring steps before removing the top stairs and laying Marcus on it on his stomach. Shane would then grab the chair again and bring it down across Ka’Derrion’s back repeatedly before placing it onto Marcus’ head. Shane would then do the unthinkable as the crowd watched in horror, climbing up onto the apron, leaping off and stomping the chair down onto Marcus’ head! Security arrived, but like usual, they were too late, and the damage had been done.|+|

|+|Marcus wakes up in his hospital bed, his body shaking in anger and his almost bloodshot eyes full of rage…|+|

DO-NO-VAN!!!!!

|+|His body continues to shake uncontrollably; monitors and alarms are going off in his room as nurses and medical staff rush in to assist and to keep him down as he is trying to get up, but they can’t control him.|+|

Doctor: We need some help in here!

|+|Paco and Xavier try to rush in, but they are held back by the nurses, telling them they are not allowed in. Security guards along with a few more nurses move past them to help as that scene fades away. |+|

Present Day…

|+|It’s daytime, Marcus sits on a wheelchair, at the edge of a cliff which is properly fenced but overlooks Malibu Beach. He appears lost in thought and is just staring into the ocean. Behind him it’s a gorgeous reflective pool, a good 20 yards long and behind that a facility of sorts. He is wearing blue Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses that cover likely his still bruised eyes but at least the swelling around his face has gone down tremendously. He wears a gray robe with matching gray crocs, but what grabs your attention is the initials “CM” on the right breast pocket of the robe. No, his initials haven't been inverted, these initials stand for Cliffside Malibu, a rehabilitation center for ‘the stars’ who are wanting (or being forced by a court order) to get over their alcohol or drug problems. Marcus doesn’t have these problems as far as the fans know, for them, he must be here to simply get away from it all… He comes back to reality and begins speaking out loud about the man that put him in the predicament he finds himself in. |+|

Shane, Shane, Shane… Now-a-days you call yourself the ‘man-made-monster’ but all I see after the stunt you pulled a few weeks ago is a ‘self-made-coward’.

|+|Marcus adjusts himself in the chair, maybe still feeling uncomfortable after the attack. |+|

I decided to make a public appearance for the first time in a year to show my support for Xavier Lux, a man I recently made amends with after trying to kill each other for months prior to that. I was there to watch my tag team partner in a match where he is supposed to launch this ‘one of a kind’ rookie and for some damn reason you had a problem with this. I have been told that you were mad at this kid for taking your spot, really? I don’t know her at all, but I know of her father and he was great in his own right… But she, at this age, is amazing… She not only took the fight to Xavier, who, despite having what he thinks is a shit 2022, is still at the top of his game, but she beat him. That kid has a bright future while you, well the future is looking bleak isn’t it? She’s sprinting her way up while you are rolling downhill without being able to stop… Are you mad because deep down inside you know that she put on a much better showing than you ever could against Xavier? Did you hear how hot the crowd was for that match? Someone like you could never generate that much heat no matter how hard Xavier tried to carry you.

|+|He smirks.|+|

What are you even doing still wrestling? You should be retired, you should have been long gone from the spotlight or at least doing exactly what Xavier was doing, putting the young talent over and letting the kids shine… But nah, you haven’t changed one bit… I remember you being just as salty and protective of your damn spot when you had to face someone like me back in the day in GCWA… Then I was the young kid trying to reach the top of the mountain… I was the prodigy… I was the legacy… I was the hot new talent and instead of being the proud veteran, recognizing my talent and helping the young kid out, you were the veteran who couldn’t let go of his pride and made my life a living hell.

|+|Marcus removes his sunglasses, and we still see some bruising, mainly around the left eye but both eyes are still quite red.|+|

Well, what happened that fateful night when you and I faced for both my Intercontinental Championship and your World Heavyweight Championship? That’s right, I beat you… Nah, I defeated you… We went a full hour, a full wrestling hour and when it was all said and done, the kid had gotten the best of you…

|+|He smirks again and then closes his eyes.|+|

You know I had not thought about that match in years, but after you viciously attacked me you have brought all those memories back. I can close my eyes right now and see that match so clearly and vividly, especially the ending, as if I had travelled back in time to…

Fourteen years ago…

|+|“Ultimate Survival” Pay-Per-View, Toyota Center - Houston, Texas | 5.17.09 | It’s the closing minutes of the match Marcus just referenced, an iron-man match, where Marcus just tied the match at three pins a piece with less than three minutes to go. Marcus and Donovan exchange a lot of close pins, they delivery some high impact moves while counter others… With 30 seconds to go, Marcus got the upper hand and hit “The Punisher!” finisher, which back then was a Crucifix Powerbomb… and as the last seconds died, Marcus got the pin that gave him the 4-3 win. The fans went wild, the ref handed him both the World Heavyweight and the Intercontinental Championships as fireworks went off in the arena. |+|

|+|Marcus opens his eyes and smiles brightly, but then grimaces as clearly there is some discomfort still on his cheekbones. |+|

Last night, for the very first time ever, I watched the match fully from beginning to end. One of the announcers saying what an epic come-from-behind victory it was… and how proud my father must have been watching from the heavens above, watching his son reaching the same plateau as his father.

|+|He pauses briefly, clearly remember his father, and smiles.|+|

How sweet of a moment it was, for our family, for me, but clearly, you are still oh so bitter even after all this time. What a sad man you are.

Sad and pathetic.

I’ve watched the footage of your attack from CCPE vs. The World, and what were you yelling at me as they hauled you away?

You said I stole your moment? No, I took it from you by being the better wrestler that night… For sixty minutes you and I wrestled, and I showed the world that I belonged. With every blow, with every punch and kick, with every wrestling move and with every pin I put together that moment and took it from you fair and square. It was my moment to shine at the Ultimate Survival pay-per-view and how appropriate that it was named that because I was the ultimate survivor.. I know I said I beat you and I defeated you, but I am humble enough to admit that I also survived you… I outlasted the great Shane Donovan, “The Face of His Generation” and I took his World Heavyweight championship.

|+|He pauses as something off in the distance catches his eye. He stares at it briefly, but before we can find out what it is, he continues. |+|

You also said I took your glory? No, I earned it. That night, after it was all said and done and my arm was raised in victory, I was no longer in my father’s shadow… I was no longer Punisher’s kid riding his father’s coattails but my own man. I might have been “his” legacy, but the glory was all mine… All the work I put in, going from a computer nerd behind a desk to a professional wrestler winning his first world championship in just over four months. Those are the type of stories that get written about and are told for decades to come… When someone talks about Marcus Ka’Derrion’s glory days, they will point to that match as the genesis of my glory.

|+|He puts his sunglasses back on.|+|

Lastly, you said I didn’t even want it. At first, I didn’t, you’re right… I didn’t want my father’s life… I didn’t want to be a wrestler… I didn’t want to follow in his large footsteps…. My first match was laughable, the few matches that followed were hard to watch I’m told but imagine how hard it was for me to wrestle them. I wanted to quit, I wanted to go back to my desk job, I wanted to get as far from the wrestling ring as I possibly could. But once I gave into the business… once I put in the work, once I earned my first real victory, when I earned my first title shot, then I started to want it… no, I craved it.. Nah, I LOVED IT. When I become the Intercontinental Champion, that was proof to me not only that I could do this, not only that I belonged, but that I was good at this… I know it eats you alive, but the truth of the matter is that I was a natural born talent… So, by the time you and I faced off for you World Title, you better believe that I wanted to rip it away from your hands Shane…

|+|Something flies up to Marcus, and it is now clear that this is what he was staring at earlier from a far. It is a drone, carrying a package, which it drops gently on Marcus’ laps. Marcus begins opening the box as the drone flies away. Once Marcus works his way through the stuffing, he takes out a velvet bag, unties it and then pulls from it the GCWA World Heavyweight Title…. Complete with his name plate on it.|+|

…and I did.

|+|He puts the title over his shoulder and takes a deep breath, then as he exhales, he can’t help but smile.|+|

Feels good, like it never left my shoulder…

|+|He keeps it there, but then sighs, as clearly he remembers something else that is not as pleasant as the memory of his victory. |+|

You and I never faced again… I honestly cannot recall why, I was in GCWA for a long time, but we never crossed paths again and whether it was because GCWA closed its doors, or whatever the reason, I never saw you again… Frankly, until a few weeks ago, I had not thought of you at all. They say history only remembers the winners and not the losers, and that is why you had been forgotten. But now I can’t get you out of my damn head… I know it’s been a long time and you have kept wrestling while I have been in and out of the sport… But I want you to think about something long and hard Shane… If you couldn’t beat me in an Iron-man match when I was just a few months in the business… What in the hell makes you think that you’ll be able to defeat me now that I am a “veteran?”

|+|He pauses, as if expecting an actual answer but none comes… This place is actually very quiet for the time of the day, but that’s likely one of the reasons Marcus chose it. He continues.|+|

Oh I get it, you saw a man you haven’t seen in over a decade wearing a suit and thought: “look at this pencil neck geek, I’ll make quick work of him, watch.” Well, like the expression goes Shane, never judge a book by its cover.

|+|Marcus puts the GCWA title to the side, it landing without making a sound on the freshly mown grass. He then reaches down, to slide the pedals holding his feet up out of the way. He then stands up, pushing himself off he wheelchair by the handles. Once he is fully upright, he proceeds to remove his robe and tosses it aside to reveal a well-toned body, do not worry he’s not naked, wearing white shorts with the same initials on them. He’s no “Marvelous” Mike Mason, but clearly Marcus Ka’Derrion has kept himself in great shape despite not having a match in close to a year. He removes something from his eyes, contacts, and we see his eyes are just fine. He flexes a little to show that his body is actually not feeling any ill effects from Donovan’s attack. |+|

I know you haven’t been keeping up with me for a long time and you think the last time I wrestled was over a decade ago. But I told you I came back to GCWA in 2020, and I told you I took on Xavier last year in a steel cage match… A year is a long time, but do not assume I have been just sitting on my ass in front of a computer, the only preparation I really need to do is buy myself a bull rope..

There is no need, I got one right here for you.

|+|Marcus turns to find one of his few friends in this world, a man who managed his father, and at some point, him as well: Paco “The Drinking Time Bomb” Perez. |+|

Paco, thanks for this… and for coming to see me.

|+|Paco gives him the bag holding the bull rope and Marcus puts it on the chair for now, and then embraces the old man. They break off and pat each other on the shoulder, clearly it’s been a while since they have seen each other. Marcus looks inside the bag and takes out the bull rope, admiring it like a kid admires the Christmas gift Santa got him. |+|

You know you don’t have to thank me Marcus, but I gotta ask, what are you doing in a place like this?

Recovering.

But why not go to a medical facility, they can’t possibly have what you need here? There is nothing but people who can’t handle their liquor or drugs for that matter.

|+|Marcus pauses, seeming hesitant to answer the question or even respond to Paco’s comment… He rubs his right wrist as he thinks about his answer, but he decides to leave that story for another day, and instead plays it safe by making a joke.|+|

You know nobody can handle their liquor like you Paco.

Ha! Ain’t that the truth mi’jo. So, when are they going to release you from here so we can go begin your training?

Training? Paco, I strap on the rope to my wrist and proceed to beat the living crap out of Shane Donovan with it… No training needed.

Well, true, but doesn’t hurt to have a strategy...

|+|Before Marcus can answer, a nurse approaches, carrying an envelope in her hands. She excuses herself and then hands the envelope to Marcus. He thanks her and then waits for her to leave to open it; once she is far enough, he opens the envelope and reads what appears to be a doctor’s note. As he finishes reading it, he smiles. |+|

What is it Marcus?

My release papers. There is nothing stopping me now from making Shane Donovan feel my pain a week from now… Let’s go.

|+|As he walks away with Paco, he picks up the GCWA title and throws it over his shoulder with the plate part sitting on his back so Shane can get one last good look at it.|+|

Word count: 2999 via wordcounter.net

[Image: XavierLux2023.png]

In XWF:
13-10-1 
0-4 in PPVs
0-3 in Title Shots

Before XWF: 
3x NLW World Heavyweight Champion
1x OCW World Heavyweight Champion
2x GCWA Tag Team Champion
1x OCW Savage Champion
2x NLW Path of Destiny Champion