Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:23 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Cross Promotional RP Board - Archives
When A Saint Opens His Eyes
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

02-18-2023, 03:11 PM

“Perhaps Mr. Corey Black’s eyes truly are closed.”

One would think, given the circumstances, that the Action Wrestling superstar would take a less casual approach given the stature of this match. If not for Raion Kido himself, at least for the Main Event of Denzel Porter Invitational’s Night Two.

“He may be doing this for the pleasure of it, but for me, this is vindication.”

Too many times had he been taken for granted as just another novelty star in a showcase, but this eventually had to end. Despite his outward image and the manga influence, the Lion meant every word he said and action he did, and the Denzel Porter Invitational would be the stage where he may evolve from a simple novelty act.

He was meant to be a legend - and this would be its first page.

“And I’m going to show him just what happens when a Saint opens his eyes!”

So ran the thoughts inside Raion Kido’s head as he stared at the Las Vegas Luxor Obelisk. It was late afternoon, and the sun was going down, but even in the dim light of the remaining rays of the sun, the Egyptian-like iconography made a deep impression in the Lion’s brain - from the Sphinx that made the resort’s entrance, to the hieroglyph-carved granite monument that marked its location to the world.

“Well, not quite like the original thing, but it’s still very beautiful!”

“Quite so, sir! Admittedly it used to be more Egyptian-themed in the past, but it still retains the parts that made it what it is.”

The tour guide that was accompanying Raion and Ryleigh in their tour of Vegas’ attractions smiled proudly.

“Tell me, do you know anything about Egypt? Why the pyramids and the obelisks are the way that they are?”

Raion returns a beaming smile of his own.

“They were more than mere monuments to the glory of their pharaohs and leaders. In fact, there was more to them that met the eye. Everything about them was for a reason - whether their location, or orientation. In fact, astronomy played a very big part in their construction. For example, they were used to point at sunrise and sunset - look at the sun going down, right through the point of this obelisk!”

Indeed, the obelisk points to the solar disk in the distance, slowly going down as if right through it.

“Exactly! You seem to be very knowledgeable about ancient monuments.”

“Comes with what I do, sir. I’m all about the ancient world - after all, I am supposed to be a Saint of Athena!”

The two men break into a hearty laugh about their shared knowledge.

“But as it turns out, obelisks were not just about religious symbolism or astronomical measurements. The hieroglyphs in them were more than mere art as well - they were, in fact, the key to translating hieroglyphs in pyramids.

So in a way, it could be said that obelisks are, in more ways than one, some sort of illumination. A way to tell, to teach people something - to pass on a message, to open people’s eyes.

It’s that same thing that I try to do, in my own little quirky way. You see my gold cloth and my manga references, but I’m here to transmit a message to the world - that everything is possible if you elevate your spirit, and be the best that you can be. You can make miracles, and be a hero, if you try hard enough.

And it is my hope that people see that, in time. This obelisk, and the pyramid, and the Sphinx of the Luxor were made as a replica of those in Egypt, but I don’t think all of this crossed the minds of the people that made it!”

“Well, I suppose not, but that doesn’t mean it’s of less value because of that.”

The Lion raises a hand apologetically.

“Of course not, sir! I’m just saying that all this is much more enjoyable if we know the real story behind it. Art is art, but sometimes it helps to know why something was made and why it was made the way that it was.

That’s something I struggle with in my profession on a daily basis, sir. For example, my next opponent is someone to whom this has not crossed his mind.

He speaks of art, and of integrity, and dignity, and honor, but he doesn’t know that there’s much more to Raion Kido than that.”

The Lion now closes his eyes, drawing a heavy sigh. This was a wall through which he had not yet been able to get past. From the World Series of Wrestling to CCPE vs. the World, it seemed that he was only there for the beauty of it all, but it did not seem to matter what he did or said - few would look at him through the outward image.

It was time for a change - and for Corey Black to learn what it really meant to face a Saint of Athena.

It was time for Corey Black to open his eyes - and for the Lion to open his own.

“So it is my hope that, when we are done, someone with his experience has learned what it means to go against someone like me.”

And as the Lion opens his eyes, the Obelisk and the Pyramid illuminate in the dimming light of the sunset - now becoming shining beacons of light in an otherwise darkening world.

“I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor, Mr. Kido!”

Raion extends his hand, which the guide doesn’t take long to shake.

“I do guarantee one thing, sir - one way or another, Corey Black shall be certain to open his eyes!”

The young Saint of Athena places the golden box of his Leo Cloth on the ground, and promptly opens it up.

“It’s time to bring Mr. Deathproof, and everyone watching the Denzel Porter Invitational, an illumination!”

And as brightly, and as intensely, as the Luxor monuments shine, so does the Lion’s cosmos burn…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re in the Main Event of the Denzel Porter Invitational, an event which gathers the cream of the crop of professional wrestling in the eyes of the most prestigious journalist in the business.

You know that this event is held once a year, and that it is therefore a special occasion. You are the self-proclaimed measuring stick of wrestling - plenty of people say that, but I’m coming at this in good faith, so let’s assume it’s the truth - and a certified veteran, and you go against someone who, at this very time last year, was but a nobody.

Surely you’d try to at least get serious.”

Thus the Lion begins, as the Luxor Las Vegas pyramid illuminates, and a mighty beam shoots to the sky. The Golden Cloth he wears shines as brightly in the night as the pyramid behind him, as does the glint in his eyes.

“Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Black. I appreciate your challenge and your respect for who and what I am, as well as for my country - a refreshing change from having to hear endless jokes about nuclear bombs or sexual deviancy. But it’s exactly because of that, Mr. Corey, that I made my first address. I quite clearly stated I did not come here merely for the honors, but to perform my charge as a Saint of Athena. After all, you said this yourself, did you not? This is about respect, because none of us require any other trappings than the things in which we believe regardless of who stands on the other side.

This is about respect because of the business, of the wrestling game itself. I’ve made certain to come to this match with that very thing in mind, for that glorious contest which you, yourself, sought.

And what do I get in return? I get a bunch of empty platitudes!”

The Saint of Athena lets out a roar worthy of the beast whose sign he carries. Daemon or no, if Corey Black sought to cow him with talk of blood, it was Raion Kido’s charge to show him the error of his ways.

“I get you posturing about your dark and menacing aura, about how you don’t like hurting people, but you’ll do it anyway! Athena forbid anyone gets hurt in wrestling, that would be completely unheard of! As if I had not even seen blood, or had my own blood spilled in my entire career!

Is this how you address a warrior of hope? Is this how you’re supposed to show you’re the measuring stick, how you show respect to the game? This is no different than what I hear from every other person that fails to realize the might against which they’re up - the power of the cosmos that burns within every single human soul.

I gather that everything about you is meant to cause fear, but you’re going up against someone whose mission it is to eradicate all fear - against a Saint of Athena, the goddess of war that was born with a helmet in her head and a spear in her hand.

People are often puzzled about what that means, and admittedly, it’s from an old Anime show - Saint Seiya, you should watch it. But at the end of it all there is a single thing everyone can understand - the will to rise up regardless of the times that we’re knocked down in pursuit of justice, of a positive change in the world. And against that, there is nothing you can bring, no menace or dark speeches you can make that shall prevent me from performing that charge.

You claim the ring is your canvas and my blood is your ink, but every match Raion Kido has is a creation of its own that always has the same unmistakable signature - the fist of the Lion striking an opponent’s heart for long enough for the official to count the winning pinfall.”

The Lion crosses his fists before his chest, then spreads his arms to his sides in a sudden, explosive motion. If art was what Corey Black wanted to talk about, then Raion would be more than happy to indulge him.

After all, the legacy of the ancient world dwelt within him.

“But there’s something else here, Mr. Black, that should give you pause. Your claim is to be a household name in Action Wrestling, but the Raion Kido you’re facing in 2023 is no longer the rookie of 2022. What you’re facing right now is a household name of the XWF, one of its very best, and one of the very best in the entire world.

Speak to me about last year, as if your victory over Brandon Moore would be something to fear, but everyone that goes back to watch that show shall see that match you had, was just another in the card. Now you’re in the Main Event, at the very top stage of the Denzel Porter Invitational, but it should dawn on you already that that isn’t related to anything you did. In fact, Mr. Black, this match is the Main Event of Night Two not because of “Deathproof” Corey Black - but because of Raion Kido. I am a former Universal Champion in my very first year, and the bearer of the Leap of Faith briefcase - the winner of a match only held once a year. I am one of the final four in the World Series of Wrestling, and one of the few that shall coach this year’s generation.

You’re not the only one here that can teach people a thing or two, and when it is finally time for us to face, I shall then impart to you a lesson about this power I possess, and the limits at which a simple man’s soul can elevate itself.”

The Lion points towards the sky, his arm following the same trajectory as the skybeam from the Luxor pyramid. More than anything he could teach, he made it a point to lead by example.

Concepts like honor and respect were too lightly thrown these days, and for someone like him, those words meant much more than could be explained - they could only be shown in the ring.

This was his way, therefore, of teaching Corey Black what these words, and what challenging him, really meant.

“But above everything else, Mr. Deathproof, I am one of Mr. Denzel Porter’s picks for the Main Event in his show - and the challenge for which you asked. Which is why I cannot, will not, stand for the dedication with which I have approached this match to be reduced to an exchange of pleasantries and some grandstanding about how dark you are.

You speak to me of dignity, throw around words like honor and integrity as if they were but mere buzzwords, and warn me not to mistake courtesy for weakness, but what I see here is someone who walks into a Main Event, against an opponent of his own desire, and chooses to take him lightly.

And that, I simply cannot abide.”

The young Japanese wrestler’s upward arm now comes down into a straight point at the camera, as his lips peel back and his canines are displayed once more.

“And that is why I come into this match bringing illumination. That thorn you mean to sink into my flesh shall only be turned aside, and in the end, what shall drive into your flesh are the fangs of the Lion - and with them, the realization that you came into this match unprepared.

You spoke to me of iron, but against you stands gold - the noblest metal of all, and one that iron cannot touch. And whether the Lightning Bolt stops your heart cold, the Lightning Plasma reduces you into a twitching, quivering mass, or the Heaven’s Treasure removes your senses one by one, your closed eyes will be opened just for long enough for you to achieve a sense of clarity that shall be the last experience before you finally lose consciousness:

That Raion Kido is not here to make you a check mark, or a conquest, but rather, to make your universe explode - just as he does his own.”

His pointed arm now turned into a clenched fist, the Lion now closes his eyes. It was finally time for Corey Black to understand that the challenge was not for Raion Kido.

In all truth, the challenge really was for him.

“So here we go. Denzel Porter Invitational, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, February 25th. Make yourself ready, Mr. Black…”

Slowly, but surely, the camera zooms to a close-up of the Lion’s face as he slowly opens his eyes.

“… for when a Saint opens his eyes, and his cosmos is unleashed, nothing may withstand his onslaught.”

Fade to black.

2500 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raion Kido's post:
Theo Pryce (02-18-2023)