Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last of Rubes
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-08-2023, 01:11 PM

Not from Ruby’s Go-Pro…

The Super Dear’O was sitting on the edge of a skyscraper, her feet dangling off the edge. She was snacking on a vegan Slim Jim, purveying and surveying the city life. It was enough to give any sensible person a major case of vertigo, but Ruby had made these spaces her comfort zone. Even now, they still brought her peace. But they might not for much longer.

A few feet behind her, a loud bang erupted into a cloud of smoke. A second later, Pebbles popped up, ready for action! She assumed an offensive stance, as in ready for combat not making rude crotch thrusts, and looked around.

Pebbles: “Hold up, villainous scum! I--- Hey, where is---? Oh, Ruby!? What are you doing here!? I got pinged on my CrimeApp with these coordinates, did you take care of the situation already?”

Ruby turned around and looked at Pebbles, shaking her head before patting the empty spot at the skyscraper’s edge next to her.

Ruby: “Nope. That was me, actually. Come have a seat, I need to tell you something.”

Suspicious from the tone in which Ruby spoke, Pebbles’ eyes turned to slits. She slowly approached her and took a seat.

Pebbles: “Everything okay, Ruby?”

Ruby: “Dandy! Slim Jim?”

Pebbles: “Erm, are they, like… those vegan ones you sometimes have?”

Ruby: “Of course!”

Pebbles: “Then flip yeah, I’ll slip into one!!”

Pebbles started snacking too, without greedily munching and making too much noise, just as common etiquette dictated. Ruby, meanwhile, sighed as she took in the view.

Ruby: “Beautiful, isn’t it? This view. It’s amazing to think you could ever get used to it. It’s important to sometimes sit and watch. To stop and reflect. But even then, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of watching the city like this. Unfortunately, though... I do feel tired. I can feel it in my bones. I can feel it in my muscles. Even in my head.”

Pebbles swallowed the last bit of her snack, which went down with a cartoonish *GULP*. Her eyes widening, she looked over at her mentor.

Pebbles: “Rubes… What’s going on?”

Ruby: “I’ve done many things in the XWF, Pebs. Anarchy was always my home, though, and I treated it as such. I always tried to make sure the brand was given the respect it deserved, and I tried doing it by leading by example. And you know what? I think I did a good job of that. I’m proud of my accomplishments. Sure, I may have never gone on to win the Universal Championship or anything, but that was fine. I had Anarchy. And I had this life. Sitting on rooftops, fighting crime, travelling through time to take on Frankenfuries and whatnot. It’s been a good ride. But as much as I’ve given to this life, without any regrets by the way, lately I’ve started to realize that I’ve had to sacrifice a lot. Which is what heroes do, you know. But… there’s also things I still want to do. Stuff that… I can’t do while I’m living this current life.”

Pebbles got back to her feet, shaking her head.

Pebbles: “Ruby, please… Say you’re not saying what I think you’re saying.”

Ruby: “Look, Pebs. It’s time for me to move on. Shift my focus. The Super Dear’O, the Banana-Lime Blur,… they will live on forever in the memory of others, but for now… I can no longer embody them. Not in the way I want to. Not while my clock is ticking. So yeah, I’ve made my decision. One last hurrah, against Sidney Grey. Maybe I’ll put her down, and I go out in a blaze of glory. Or maybe she will stomp me into a yellow-green paste and I go out on my back like the great Champions of Old.”

Pebbles continued to shake her head vigorously.

Pebbles: “No no no! You can’t do that, Rubes! We need you! I need you! Anarchy needs you!”

Ruby: “I don’t think it does. After all, we have you to continue the legacy of Monday Night Madness. And as for Anarchy, I have a good feeling The Atomic Bat will carry on the good fight that I’ve been fighting. I have high hopes for the both of you. Which is the only reason I’m at peace with my decision. I’ve done my job. I’ve lit the torch of hope, now it’s time to pass it on.”

Pebbles: “But… I don’t know if I can do this without you!”

Ruby: “Of course you can. You’d be doing yourself a disservice to stay in my shadow forever, Pebs. You’re more than a sidekick. You’re a true flippin’ hero in your own right. I notified the Heroes’ Guild of my decision and turned in my Compendium. But if you need me, you have to realize that I’ll only ever be one phone call away. But for now, I want to focus on family. I want to focus on Andy. I want to build something that will *truly* last, you know? And in more ways than one, I can’t do that without passing on the mask. Speaking of which…”

Ruby reached back, and peeled her mask off of her face. She handed it over to Pebbles.

Ruby: “This belongs to you now. Make good use of it, my gal.”

Pebbles sighed, and her head dropped.

Pebbles: “Fine, but on one condition.”

Ruby: “What’s that?”

Pebbles: “I’m only putting it on for safekeeping. Because I know you. Your spirit is eternal. Yu care too much. This isn’t farewell, it’s auf wiedersehen. Right?”

Ruby smiled.

Ruby: “Yeah. Auf wiedersehen. I like that. So you take care of that mask, Pebs. Because who knows. I might indeed need it back some day. But when that day comes, it has to be because I want to, not because I have to. Deal?”

Ruby got up, and extended her hand. Pebbles grabbed her by the forearm and into a hug.

Pebbles: “Deal!”

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-09-2023), Atara Raven (02-08-2023), Charlie Nickles (02-08-2023), Jason Cashe (02-10-2023), The Atomic Bat (02-08-2023)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 6 users Hate Ruby's post!
Charlie Nickles (02-08-2023), CTN (02-08-2023), King Kieran (02-08-2023), Lacklan (02-08-2023), Noah Jackson (02-08-2023), Vita Frickin Valenteen (02-08-2023)