Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 04:30 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Windowframe Cypher (Part 1)
Dionysus Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-03-2023, 10:55 PM

I had big plans for the Berget Bluff Vineyard tasting room.

The ground floor would have two separate wine bars; one near the front by the entrance, and one in the back near a magnificent window overlooking the vineyard and the bluffs beyond it. A panel divider wall would allow separation of the rooms for private events. With some creative architecture, we were able to secure a second floor that would be one large room, with a bar in the middle. Ideally, this could be used for wedding receptions, with plenty of room for tables and dancing. Accessibility would not be an issue; a ramp to the second floor, in addition to an elevator, would be able to assist those who were in need...not to mention the vendors would would need to bring their supplies up to that floor.

William and I were pleased with the results. Now was the daunting task of lining up the contractors. We lucked out with a construction service that would be able to do a majority of the work, but would need to call in a separate window installer. The company provided me with a name, Henry Syl, to go over the different design options and pricing.

What I had not anticipated were the amount of samples one could have when it came to windows.

It was just after lunch as I started thumbing through my third catalogue of different window designs. Who knew there would be so many different ways just to look outside. It was more than just the glass; it was making sure the style was right. I flipped three pages in before I sighed heavily, tossing the catalogue aside. "I swear to all that is holy, William; if I have to look at one more sample..."

"I understand, sir," William comforted, also annoyed with the process. "However, with the vision you have in mind, I don't believe we can just take Mr. Syl's word on his recommendations."

"Do you think he became a window installer because of his last name?" I pondered out loud. "You know, having his name in mind, he decided 'well, I can market myself like this.' Like a guy with the last name 'Smith' being a blacksmith."

"Very medieval, sir," William sarcastically replied. It was nice to see William let his hair down around me, now that I had entrusted him with the day-to-day operation of the vineyard. While we had yet to launch, something told me he would be a man I could trust to handle the job. And me, consequently.

I sat up in my office chair, once again looking over the plans. Two other catalogues were sitting on the desk with the blueprints, each open to particular designs I liked. I rapidly looked between the blueprints, noting where I wanted windows to be installed, then looking back to the catalogues, trying my best to visualize the design. "You know..." I started thoughtfully, "I think I know how I want these to go." I pointed to a number of small rooms on the first and second floors. "Having privacy windows in the bathrooms and small storage areas should be okay. They would be the cheapest to install and we wouldn't need many." I then pointed to a large outdoor patio area marked on the blueprints. "I am thinking for the sides here, we should put in windows that can swing open. Maybe even find a way to set up tables in the window frames themselves. As for the large window," I continued, pointing to a large rectangular marking in the back, "I think we should divide this into four panels; a single pane in the middle with two thinner panels on either side, and the top should be a a half-circle to cap it. What do you think, William?" I asked, pointing to the catalogues where those designs were present.

William walked over to the desk, picking up the catalogue as he did so. "Hmm..." he thought aloud. "I'm alright with the privacy windows and the basic windows, but the large window seems pretty standard, doesn't it?"

I clapped my hands together excitedly, replying, "Ah, but what if I told you that the thinner panels would be stained glass? I could commission to have those windows made and inquire about how they could be reinforced."

I could tell that William was deep in the tanks in his thoughts, probably also trying to figure out how that would appear. "Yes...Yes, I think that would be splendid, sir," William agreed.

I shook my head. "William, how many times have I told you? While I don't mind you calling me sir, you can definitely call me by name. I'm not your boss, remember? We're partners now," I chastised in a friendly manner.

"Sure, I understand, but...your name is...well, its a little awkward to pronounce. Would it be okay if I...shortened it, sir?" he asked timidly.

I stared at William with the blankest expression on my face. Then I tilted my head back in laughter, saying, "Sure, if that makes you more comfortable. Now, lets get in touch with this Mr. Syl and talk quotes. If you could get his card for me, that would be great."

"Very well, si-" William stopped before looking at my face, where I could feel a wry smile crossing it. He too smiled, saying, "I mean, I will get that right away...uhh...Dio."

Dio, huh? Maybe I should rent a road roller...

Don't blink, XWF. You just might see me elevate beyond my newcomer station if you're not careful.

Snow Job was only the beginning of my tenure here, and already myself and Blondie, or Chardonnay, are making waves out the gate. Not too shabby for a pair who only met but two weeks ago, huh? All credit where credit is due, we formed a great team quickly, as was needed in a contender match scenario. Blondie is a great guy to work with, who is quick to both provide ideas and give pointers for better cohesion.

But now we find ourselves on opposite sides of a wide field in the March Madness tournament. Never fear, Chardonnay-niacs; the only way we would see each other in this tournament is in the finals.

...Chardonnay-niacs?

...Well I guess it will do for now.

With the bracket having been revealed, I find myself in a field of familiar names in this company. It is interesting to consider that I am an unknown variable in the makeup of this section of the bracket. Some people might think I am here to fill a space, make a good showing in the first round but otherwise be dumped off to the side to make a name elsewhere. Others may think as a known name coming into their home, I represent some kind of threat that needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

You know what I think, though?

I think I am the man to win this whole tournament.

Sure, its arrogant and cocky to declare something like that, but is that not what the overall goal in this is anyway? To stand victorious at the end of it all, looking back and seeing your defeated enemies looking up at you, acknowledging the work you put in to make it this far? I can have an impressive showing at any time, but how often do opportunities arise where one can compete with some of the best across the card? I will take that chance with both hands and climb to the precipice. Which of course means that Barney Green will have to go down first.

There is no ill will here, Barney. This may be our first meeting, but I have been looking back on the tapes, to get a feel for not only what kind of competitor you are, but also what kind of person. I find myself being drawn to...unique people, lets say. After all, I was one of few people in APWO who willingly wanted to team up with a literal monster of a woman. I wonder how she's doing these days... In any case, your uniqueness leads you to a charm that I cannot help but feel drawn to. Not that I'm much of an investor in cryptocurrency, but I do hope BarnCoin is serving you well after all this time.

It would also appear that this is your first appearance after a long hiatus. As someone who has also needed to take time away for various reasons, I understand how ring rust can affect a fellow competitor. I do hope, however, that should you walk out of our encounter the loser, you do not undersell yourself by claiming the ring rust was the reason. Time and again I have seen that line of reasoning, and it screams of a lack of preparedness and claiming the effort was a fluke from the word go. I trust you are not that type of person; after all, as someone who tries to sell others on crypto, you understand what it takes to fight an uphill battle.

And believe me when I tell you, an uphill battle is exactly what you will have with me. We share much in common with Sisyphus; we are both preparing to push our boulders up the hill. The only problem is that there is only room for one on the trail, and one of us will need to cause the other's stone to roll back down to the beginning. Your course is one of the prodigal son returning to reclaim what was once lost. My course is the arrival of a new era in XWF.

Win or lose, I will not make this easy for you. You see these hands. You see this face. You know my name. Dionysus, Lord of the Vine. A pleasure to meet you.

Lets have our first meeting be a good one.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Dionysus's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-04-2023), Noah Jackson (02-03-2023), Theo Pryce (02-06-2023)