Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:41 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! Snow Job Feedback Request
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-30-2023, 09:30 AM

Hi all,

So may make this a recurring thing depending on how this goes. Please be as honest as possible and give constructive criticism where you can, real people worked hard on the matches so don't just say they sucked or any shit like that.

Overall how did you enjoy the PPV?

How did you feel about the overall length of the show? Was it too long or short for your tastes?

Were there any highlights that stood out to you?

How would you rate the quality of matches?

Is there anything you feel the PPV lacked or something we could work better on going forward?

Was there a match or segment you feel stole the show?

Would you like to see a Mountain Dew Lights Out match on the next Weekend Warfare?

And anything else you'd like to add?

Thank you!

[Image: SAksQ2K.jpeg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Atticus Gold's post:
Dolly Waters (01-30-2023), Mark Flynn (01-30-2023), Theo Pryce (01-30-2023)
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

01-30-2023, 05:55 PM

I really enjoyed the read! Particular enjoyed that backyard brawl match, and I don't think I'm just biased cos I was in it. It was genuinely fun. Thought it established all three characters as violent, hungry athletes.

Ned Kaye and Chris Page stole the show I think, with their opening segment and the drama of the match going into overtime really sold it for me. Sold Ned as a solid face character and Page as a horrid heel.

Wasn't super sure about what to make of the Uni match personally - for a main event I'm sure if it concluded or extended an angle all that well. It felt like a gimmick match, which it was, but not sure if it built either character up beyond that.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Prince Adeyemi's post:
Atticus Gold (01-30-2023), Dolly Waters (01-30-2023), Theo Pryce (01-30-2023)
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-30-2023, 08:48 PM

Reading in full now to make complete notes, check back later.

Edit 1: I'm getting sleepy so I'll do the last two matches later, but this is what I have so far.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible. So I didn't label my feelings as 'good' or 'bad', but instead, 'great' and '???'. As in, these were the things I completely understood and got perfectly, and these are the things I didn't understand the execution of, but maybe we have different opinions on storytelling and that's okay.

If you wrote a match or segment and don't think my notes are good, feel free to throw them away. Smile The thread asked for notes and I'm mostly trying to help get more conversation going.

Edit #2: Finished!

SnowJob Review

Segment 1: Ned Kaye - vs - Chris Page promos

Segment 2: JMJ - vs - Jacki O’Lantern

Segment 3: CHARDONNAY - vs - Oswald & Vayden

Segment 4: Chris Page & Kat Jones

Segment 5: Anarchy Title Match - Ruby - vs - Tommy Wish

Segment 6: Tag-Title Match (#CoolKids - vs - Nickles & Waters - vs - X-Treme Alliance)

Segment 7: Raion Kido - vs - ‘Mad Dog’ Mark Wright

Segment 8: Goth is haunted by a ghost

Segment 9: TV Title Match: Page - vs - Kaye (Ironman match)

Segment 10: CCPE - vs - SAGA Confrontation

Segment 11: X-Treme Title Match: Goth - vs - Myst - vs - King

Segment 12: Uni Title Match (Vaughn - vs - Flynn)

Phew, done. Hope this helps. Feel free to disagree with me.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
(01-31-2023), Astra (01-31-2023), Atticus Gold (01-31-2023), Theo Pryce (01-31-2023)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-31-2023, 09:43 AM

If you don't have time to read each spoiler - he thinks it's great.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Mark Flynn (01-31-2023)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

01-31-2023, 04:58 PM

(01-30-2023, 08:48 PM)Mark Flynn Said: Reading in full now to make complete notes, check back later.

Edit 1: I'm getting sleepy so I'll do the last two matches later, but this is what I have so far.

I'm trying to be as constructive as possible. So I didn't label my feelings as 'good' or 'bad', but instead, 'great' and '???'. As in, these were the things I completely understood and got perfectly, and these are the things I didn't understand the execution of, but maybe we have different opinions on storytelling and that's okay.

If you wrote a match or segment and don't think my notes are good, feel free to throw them away. Smile The thread asked for notes and I'm mostly trying to help get more conversation going.

Edit #2: Finished!

SnowJob Review

Segment 1: Ned Kaye - vs - Chris Page promos

Segment 2: JMJ - vs - Jacki O’Lantern

Segment 3: CHARDONNAY - vs - Oswald & Vayden

Segment 4: Chris Page & Kat Jones

Segment 5: Anarchy Title Match - Ruby - vs - Tommy Wish

Segment 6: Tag-Title Match (#CoolKids - vs - Nickles & Waters - vs - X-Treme Alliance)

Segment 7: Raion Kido - vs - ‘Mad Dog’ Mark Wright

Segment 8: Goth is haunted by a ghost

Segment 9: TV Title Match: Page - vs - Kaye (Ironman match)

Segment 10: CCPE - vs - SAGA Confrontation

Segment 11: X-Treme Title Match: Goth - vs - Myst - vs - King

Segment 12: Uni Title Match (Vaughn - vs - Flynn)

Phew, done. Hope this helps. Feel free to disagree with me.

When someone actually picks up on the intentional subtext of your match writing 🥹🥹🥹🥹
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
Mark Flynn (01-31-2023), Theo Pryce (01-31-2023)