Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 06:13 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Snow Job RP Boards 2023
Uncertainty
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

01-28-2023, 01:27 PM

From Ruby’s Go-Pro

These were calamitous times for the Super Dear’O. At least where wrestling was concerned. The highest of highs had soon been replaced by the lowest of lows. The loss of her Anarchy Championship, so soon after fighting many months to regain it, weighed heavily on Ruby’s mind. Her vigilante work seemed but a distraction since that unrighteous pinfall, and she went through the motions; putting down crooks and criminals as if she was a baker baking a loaf of bread, or an office worker prepping an Excel sheet for a Microsoft Teams meeting. It was routine. It was mindless. Joyless. And that was not what she was about.

Her dirt bike stopped in front of the cabin in the woods she had been sharing with Centurion, mud spattering all over the walls. She felt guilty about it straight away, as someone would have to clean that off in the morning, and it likely wasn’t going to be her, as she knew she was going to have to sleep in after this long shift. It had been joyless work, sure, but at least it had kept her mind occupied.

She opened the door and, to her surprise, Centurion was still sitting in front of the fireplace, with a tumbler of Laphroaig in his hand, the whiskey softly sloshing around the edge. He looked up as she got in, and put his book to the side.

Centurion: “Are you okay?”

A simple question. He didn’t mean if she was physically hurt. He was clearly referring to her headspace. They had been together long enough for him to notice when she was down, or not her usual self. And he had been there, at Anarchy, when the rules that Ruby loved so dearly, had failed her so utterly.

Ruby: “I’m fine.”

Centurion: “Bullshit!”

Ruby: “Language!”

Centurion: “No, you need to hear it. You’ve not been yourself lately. You’ve been… moody.”

Ruby: “I must be on my period.”

Centurion: “You’re not.”

Ruby: “So you’re keeping track of my cycle, are you?”

Centurion: “See? Moody.”

Ruby sighed, and took off her mask. Centurion was right.

Ruby: “You’re right. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t take it out on you when you’ve been nothing but supportive. ”

Centurion grabbed her gloved hands and gently pulled her into the couch.

Centurion: “You can make it up to me.”

Ruby giggled and shook her head, pointing at the Go-Pro that was still running.

Ruby: “Later, babe. I have to take care of a few affairs first.”

Centurion: “And exactly how many affairs are you having??”

Ruby: “Don’t be silly. How could I ever have eyes for anyone else?”

Centurion: “Good point. But make it quick, would you? It’s getting late and we have a tough weekend coming up. Snow Job and facing the Angels in Santa Fe is going to be hard. Well, for you, not really for me. Because you’re gonna be amazing, and I’ll have two occasions to cheer.”

Ruby crossed her fingers and made her way into the next room before slipping out the window and back into the cold night. Snow was beginning to fall steadily, covering up the banana-lime colors of Ruby’s outfit. She put her mask back on and suppressed a shiver. Now was not the time to show weakness. It was time to address the world, and one person in particular. She took to Go-Pro and spoke to it directly.

Ruby: “Friends, Rubinites, citizens, motherflippers of all ages… In this business, and life in general, introspection and retrospection are equally important. You have to know about where you come from, and where you are, to know where you’re going. Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle states that the more you know about something’s position, the less certain you are about its momentum. I thought I knew my position. I was so certain! At the top of Anarchy, its undisputed champion! I was so certain that I didn’t realize I was about to fall off a steep cliff, when YOU, Tommy Wish, took my Anarchy Championship away from me. And there’s a reason I use that phrase, rather than ‘beat me for the title’.

Often when I muse about my failings of the past, I come to the same conclusion. I wasn’t good enough. I have to improve. But at Anarchy, I did what I had to do. I made few mistakes. And I came up short, nonetheless. Now I’m not blaming you for accepting the title. I’m not blaming the referees for making an honest mistake. It happens to the best. But what I can’t do is accept the outcome of that match, Tommy. And even though you achieved your lifelong dream because of a poor decision, I have no choice but to make it right and be your rude awakening.

There’s a saying. “If you swim in foul play, you will live among plague.” The foul play that you profited from will not be the disease that spreads through Anarchy. That, I can promise you. My temporary failure as the face of this franchise is a major dip, but it taught me a valuable lesson. Even when you’re at the top, you can never feel comfortable. Never feel untouchable. Never take anything for granted. Which I admit I did when I saw your name on the last card. Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me twice… Well, I don’t like being made a fool of, just because I dress like a comic book character and behave like one. It’s time to show the people that you’re only truly beaten if you refuse to get back up, and Tommy… Do you really think you have what it takes to keep me down forever? When Lacklan, Fury, LSM and many others couldn’t? Well…”

Ruby grinned, and rolled her eyes at her own terrible pun she was about to send forth.

Ruby: “You wish, Wish! Badum-tsh! See you at Lambeau!”

*end of broadcast*

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-29-2023), Theo Pryce (01-30-2023)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ruby's post!
Lacklan (01-28-2023)