Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:25 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Snow Job RP Boards 2023
Grindstone
MadDog Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

01-18-2023, 10:22 AM

[Image: fl0UWrS.png]

It was a silent ride back from Danville to the Wright family farm in Big Ugly. Mark had picked his Dad up from physical therapy since his Mom had to work overtime at the Piggly Wiggly and couldn't pick Mark’s father, Brody, up afterward.

Mark was still disappointed with himself over his loss at Warfare and assumed his father was as well. Mark spits his tobacco juice into an empty Mountain Dew bottle, as he stares out over the road, and Brody exhales his Lucky Strike smoke out the rolled-down window into the chilly January air.

The silence of the ride is deafening. The radio is off, both Wright men sit silent, and there is no cell service to even give the opportunity for an interrupting call or chime of a text. Finally, the elder Wright breaks the silence as he flips his cigarette out the window.

Mark...

I know Dad. I let you down. I let the whole family down. Heck, I let myself down. What the hell was I thinking? Shoot, I might as well call Roscoe, and see if I can just get back on at the mine.

Mark, I'm proud of you.

Mad Dog almost swerves off the road because he is staring at his father and not where he is directing his truck. Mad Dog turns his attention back to the road, but Brody looks at his son with a smile of pride.

I don't say it enough Mark, but I'm damn proud of you. It doesn’t matter that you lost Son, hell everyone loses here and there. Only one perfect man ever walked the Earth, and he died on that cross for us. The thing is though Mark, you went all in. You did what I and your grandpappy could never do, and you went at it full time. It takes a lot of guts to risk it all on the road like that, but you did it. Plus, you put up a hell of a fight against an awfully tough opponent. That match could have ended with your hand raised just as easily as it did with hers.

Mad Dog glances over at his father and the two smile at each other.

So, cut that going back to the mine bullsh*t out. What'd I always tell you anyway?

Keep your nose to the grindstone.

You're damn right.

Mad Dog grips the steering wheel tighter and a big smile comes across his face.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But, it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Mad Dog has a look of intrigue on his face and then changes to a smirk.

Ain’t that from Rocky?

Brody shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head.

You know I ain’t good at that sappy, motivational sh*t.

Mad Dog and his Dad both laugh as Mad Dog shakes his head in amusement. As the laughter subsides. The elder Wright offers one last bit of wisdom.

But really Son, you got more talent than me and your grandpappy put together, you keep your nose to that grindstone, and you keep chasing that dream and you’ll make it. One loss doesn’t ruin your career, and it doesn’t knock you out of the opportunity to ever be a champion. Them bookers at XWF saw your talent, even in defeat. Shoot why do you think they put ya in such a tough and big-time match for your pay-per-view debut? Keep grinding son, and remember that no matter what happens, your old man and your whole family are proud of you.

Daddy worked like a mule mining pike county coal.
He messed up his back he couldn't work anymore.
He said one of these days you'll get out of these hills.
Keep your nose on the grindstone and out of the pills.

Mad Dog smiles and nods his head in agreement. Mad Dog’s face shows a look of determination as he looks over at his father and then back down highway 119. Mad Dog is feeling a boost of confidence after the reassuring words from his father and lets his thoughts flow freely. 

You know, I get that ain’t nobody picking old Mad Dog in this match, and quite frankly I don't blame um. Shoot, I don’t blame um either, Kido is a top dog anywhere and everywhere he goes. I’ll admit Kido is the big dog in this match, probably even has that hunger in his belly for a big old helping of championship gold. But ya ever heard the old sayen, a hungry dog hunts best, but a hungrier dog hunts even better.

Old Mad Dog is the hunger of us two dogs Kido. Heck, most people don't even know my name, but your name is like chicken grease, on everybody's lips. Meanwhile, when someone says the name Mad Dog Mark Wright, people just respond with “who?”. I tell you what though, after Snow Job, everybody is gonna know who Mad Dog Mark Wright is, the man that beat Raion Kido is his XWF pay-per-view debut. 

I done put too much on the line to fail. I got people counting on me, I got mouths to feed, a mortgage to pay, and bills piling up. Old Mad Dog ain’t from the lap of luxury, like a lot of other people around this sport. I ain’t have the connections to build up some media empire like Chris Page. I don’t own a football team or a baseball team, and I dang sure ain’t got the face or the body to make money on the side as a stripper. Na brother, Mad Dog only knows three things baby, diggen coal, cooken shine, and kicken behind. Kido, you ain’t full of black gold, and you don’t look like a still, but you got a butt old Mad Dog can stick his size thirteen boot straight up.

HELL YEAH, SON!” Brody shouts from the passenger seat as he bangs his fist on the door in excitement. 

Raion, I got nothing against ya brother, but I ain’t gonna let you, or any ma born of his mother stand in the way of me maken a better life for my family. I ain’t going home after Snow Job and haven my little boy ask me if I picked him up an Aaron Rodgers Jersey and a cheesehead, and me have to look um in the eye and say, “no son I couldn’t afford it, cause I ain’t hit the window”. 

Raion, I know you love wrestling. I know you love competing, and love testing yourself against the best. Well boy, I love this sport myself, been around the ring since I had my momma’s titty in my mouth. But, there is something I love more, and it’s the same thing I’m fighting for. I’m not fighting just because I love wrestling, competing, and beating the best. Na. HELL NA! I’m doing this to give my family the best life I can. I’m fighting to move my kids out of the hollow. I’m fighitn to pay for my kid's education. I’m fighting to make sure my wife is taken care of after I’m dead and in the ground. I’m fighting for the future, and BY GAWD, that’s more then some dude saying I’m the best in his new article, or giving me a five-star rating.

SCREW THEM DIRT SHEETS”, Broudy shouts with even more enthusiasm. 

Kido, I got no real beef with ya buddy, but you standen in my way. I done dropped the ball on my opener, now I gotta swing dat big MO, back in my direction. Shoot, if I ain’t jump out the frying pan into the fire with you boy, but they could throw old Mad Dog into Hell with kerosene britches on, and I’d still fight my way out. 

I’ve survived life on the outlaw indies, mine collapdes, a tour of Afganestain, and being married to a red head, so, they ain’t nothing going to stop me from making it to the top, and reaching my goals. Not even you Kido, a man widley considered one of the best of the day is gonna stop me from getten to the top. Cause this dog, HE DO HUNT! This dog is hunting down a big old dub.

At Snow Job, Kido you gonna be doing the job. You big fish in the biggest pond, but you gonna find out I ain’t some little guppy. I’m a big old shark, and I guess you can call me a hammerhead shark. See I got a head like a sledgehammer, heavy and hard, and you gonna find out just how heavy and heard this old noggin of mine is when I climb up that top rope and drop it one ya. Cause that’s exactly what is gonna happen, Kido, I’ma drop my noggin on ya, then I’m going to the pay window while you…. GO MAD!

Suddenly, a truck speeds up behind Mad Dog and begins blaring its horn breaking Mad Dog’s stream of consciousness. Mad Dog adjusts the rearview mirror to look at who’s behind him making a racket. Mad Dog sees the truck blaring its horn and flashing its headlights. Mad Dog beings to get over to let them pass when Brody speaks up.

DON’T F**KING STOP!

Mad Dog looks over to see his father with his revolver out and looking out the back window. Mad Dog feels nervousness creeping up his spine, and adrenaline begins to run through his veins as he glances at his dad and out the back window.

What the heck is going on?

Ah sh*t Mark, times been tough and I started cooken again. Them methhead Johnson’s crash my still and stole my shine, so I mighta just burned down their meth trailer.

Geez, Paw, what did you think was gonna happen?

Ah f**k them, I’ll bury those waste of bones up the hollow and won’ no body find um.

Mad Dog presses the gas down on his old F-150 and begins to speed up, but as he does so the engine makes a loud knocking sound, and the thermostat heads towards the red indicating the truck is about to overheat. 

D@mn it, this d@mn truck. Grab my forty-five out of the glove box. 

As Brody opens the glovebox to retrieve the Glock for his son, the Johnson’s truck clips the back fender of Mad Dogs' truck, sending the old F-150 spinning out of control. Mad Dog’s truck spins 540 degrees and slams into the guardrail on Mad Dog’s side of the truck. The airbags are deployed, and render Mad Dog stunned for a moment. Mad Dog pulls his pocket knife out and punctures his airbag, and then cuts his jammed seatbelt loose. 

As the airbag deflates Mad Dog looks to the passenger seat to find it empty. Mad Dog looks up and sees the two oldest of the three Johnson brothers dragging his father towards their truck. Mad Dog grabs his gun from the floorboard and pulls himself out of the truck. Mark falls as he gets out of the truck and staggers as he gets to his feet. As Mark gets to his feet the Johnsons are speeding off with his father in the back of their truck,

Mad Dog raises his gun to take a shot, but can’t get a clear line of sight, and doesn’t want to accidentally hit his father. As the car pulls off into the distance Mad Dog feels the nerves and adrenaline being pushed out by panic.

F**K! F**K! F**KING, MOTHERF**KERS!

Mad Dog pulls his phone out and calls the only person he knows of that can help in this situation, a person he hasn’t spoken to in yours, his brother Daniel. Mad Dog hits call, but there is still no service.

Son of a…

To be continued.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes MadDog's post:
Theo Pryce (01-19-2023)