Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-02-2024, 03:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The Light that Guides the Way
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

01-05-2023, 09:39 AM

“I have been on the sidelines for far too long - and it is time for that to change.”

Undefeated in the XWF since Relentless, Raion Kido had, paradoxically, not been booked in any title matches. And for someone like him, that was certainly odd.

“First, let us start 2023, and Weekend Warfare, as it should. With a resounding victory!”

The two shows of the XWF in 2022 were merged into Weekend Warfare, and, just as the Lion would not miss the last show of the past year, neither would he miss the first one of the new.

“And I have the instrument for the change, which means it is time to turn on the lights once and for all!”

And just as these words echoed inside his head, so too did the beam of the towering lighthouse at whose base he was - the Barnegat Light in New Jersey. A few red clouds coalesce with the golden sun at dusk, and thus, the lighthouse is now turned on.

“Ahh, there she is. Still a beauty, isn’t it?”

Of course, this location is now a protected State Park, so there is a park ranger nearby to direct guests. Raion cannot help but agree upon looking at the immovable tower projecting its light into the distant horizon.

“She certainly is, sir.”

“At one point, this lighthouse was one of the main beacons for ships entering or exiting the New York Harbor. Technological advancement today makes lighthouses not really necessary any further, but the Barnegat Light was restored and is still an aid to navigation. There’s a lesson in the value of things, is there not?”

A radiant, yet silent, smile creeps up to the lips of the Lion at the park ranger’s explanation.

“There most certainly is, and I could use that for inspiration as well!”

At one point, he too had been a beacon - and though his value had never diminished, he had not been so for a while.

But then again, if a lighthouse could regain its former value in this day and age - what really prevented him from doing the same?

“You are a young man though, sir - I don’t think you’ll have to worry about being a thing of the past just yet!”

A humorous expression from the ranger, at which the Lion responds with a heartfelt laugh.

“Probably not, sir - but there is a similar story for me. I was something similar to this lighthouse once. And hearing your words, well…”

He flashes the ranger a thumbs up sign.

“It may be that I can fill the same role once more. But of course, there is a climb to do.”

“Well, the climb to the top is over 200 steps. Definitely not easy, but I can assure you the panoramic views are worth it!”

“Nothing ever worth doing is easy, though, is it?”

“Ha! Good point, sir.”

“Let’s go!”

And so the Lion heads towards the tower’s entrance. His climb is about to begin - but not just to the top of the lighthouse.

After all, there is another, more significant, climb to do.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“In the darkest of times, there must always be a beacon - a light that guides our way. So it was for the ships that came to this fair coast, and so too must it be in the XWF.

For it now returns in 2023 with Weekend Warfare, and so too does the Lion - and this shall be a test for me to be that very same light that guides the way.

Because Snow Job is coming - and with it also comes a reckoning. But this match comes first - so let us get right into it.”

One fist thrust forward and a stern expression in Raion’s eyes, from the very top of the Barnegat Light.

It was time, as always, to let the cosmos burn.

“Let’s see, which of you is the least interested in this match? Marf Swaysons or Geri Vayden? The former is probably too preoccupied looking for the one they called Lycana between his therapy sessions, but he already has us used to that.

Because ever since losing that Xtreme Title, he has all but faded away from the XWF landscape. Failed to do so much as a half-hearted effort at Leap of Faith, failed to recapture the Xtreme Title from Thunder Knuckles, failed to take away the Television Title from Bobby Bourbon and Isaiah King, failed to do… near about anything every time the cameras were on him.

But hey - at least he did beat Bam Miller!”

A roguish grin appears in the Lion’s lips - though his disdainful eyes tell a very different story.

“Unfortunately though, you face one of the best in the world, and I’ll be damned if I let any of you waste my chance to make a statement on this show. This would not be the first time I have won a four-way match, but I’ve done enough gatekeeping.

I’ve done nothing but defend my place in this company since Relentless, and I’ve beaten better than all of you put together. There’s not one single thing any of you can do to prevent me from laying you out cold. Not a fool like Mastermind, not a flake like Geri Vayden, and certainly not a failure like Marf Swaysons.

You speak to Miller about coasting, but you have floundered worse than him - and once the Lightning Bolt hits you, back to floundering you shall go - at least until the Bastards can be bothered to come back and take your hand before you disappoint them again.”

The Lion now peels back his lips and shows his canines - the sight the terrified prey sees before they finally close in.

“As for Geri Vayden, she probably fails to care, which is nothing short of funny considering the last time we’ve seen her on the XWF airwaves, her last words were…

“You need to stay in your lane and realize that you simply don’t matter to anyone.”

Raion now pauses, letting those words echo against the sea - and the predator’s grin appears on his face once more.

“So tell me, Ms. Geri, under those same words, what shall we make of you? I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but the last time you said that, you were coming to your grand return to the XWF because you counted on Vinnie Lane always letting you in.

You swore you would take this company seriously, and what has become of that? An announcement that went unnoticed, just two attempts at capturing the 24/7 Xtreme Title and one single appearance since War Games - in a Television Title match that, like all of these other people, you lost.

What was that about not mattering again!?”

With this, the Lion now lets out an explosive roar.

“The worst part of this all is that I haven’t even been involved with the Television Title, and I have to take on the three people that have lost for it, although that, perhaps, speaks more about me than it does about you.

Perhaps I am the litmus test for all of you - the light that guides your way. If you cannot stop my undefeated streak, you should consider getting up here before you even consider taking on any titles.

And for you, Ms. Vayden, it gets even worse. Your biggest claim to fame is pushing Jenny Myst to her limit, and not only did I take her down the first time we met, I also took down her boyfriend in his vaunted return to the XWF - with her by his side. I’m sure you will want to wave your gymnastics gold medal and talk to me about heroes - but you don’t know what the word means.”

A clenched fist this time, and a face of stone - just as is the Osaka wrestler’s voice when he speaks again.

“Speak to me about heroism when you take down the greatest force the XWF has seen in ALIAS. Tell me about heroes when you stop the Brotherhood of Bastards’ momentum cold, as I did first with Bobby Bourbon, and then with Charlie Nickles. Speak to me about being a hero when you can be bothered to compete consistently instead of going for the cheap 24/7 title ambush - and you even failed at that.

But don’t worry though, Ms. Geri. On January 14th, you shall get your first glimpse of what a hero is, in the form of the Saint of Athena. Give him a good look, because you will only have seconds before his fangs pierce your heart.

And then, perhaps, will you finally know what it is you need to do. Or perhaps take your own advice and stay in your own lane. It’s up to you.”

One more pause, and one more opponent to address - and the glint in the Lion’s eyes is the spark that ignites a firestorm.

“And last but not least, we have the Mastermind. Yet another former Television Champion a long time ago, and Anarchy Champion last year, if briefly. At least there’s that going for him under what has been so far a dismal return.

So tell me something, friends. How am I supposed to consider someone whose record has thirty more losses than he has wins as a Mastermind?

In fact, you’re not the only one I have encountered calling themselves master. There’s also the Ring Master, and every time we faced he found himself the loser. Just like him, you’re too worried about demonstrating this self-perceived mastery that you fail to master yourself, and on the first edition of Weekend Warfare, you're going to fall just like he did.”

It was time for the Mastermind to know what mastery truly was.

“Because here’s the thing, Mr. Fool. Your biggest victory to date is Xavier Lux - and he was incapable of doing anything against me in my very debut. All that talk about mastering minds, all those plans of attack, six years in this company and you could not even sniff the top title scene.

What are we to say? Could it be, perhaps, that maybe your mind isn’t all you think it to be? Could it be that nobody cares about you enough to leave a lasting impression in their minds?

Could it be that you are not a Mastermind, but an utter fool!?

The Lion erupts in a thunderous round of laughter, before he stares at the camera again with the ferocious smirk of the beast whose name he bears.

“It would be hilarious, were it not so depressing, that your entire count of victories in 2022 equals the times that I have lost - and that my total wins triple yours, plus three. You now face someone for whom you are not prepared, and never will be - and you make honor, like your friends, to the name of your stable: Misfits. Because you are simply not fit to take on one of the very best in the world.

So bring your sleeper hold, and watch it be rendered powerless against the strength of the cosmos. And feel the lights go out when my fist crashes against your heart - then you will know the deepest slumber for three seconds before the bell that announces me as the winner.

And with that, I’ve said enough. Newark, New Jersey, January 14th, Weekend Warfare. There you all shall see the light that guides the way - the level at which you should aspire to reach. Once we are in that ring there is no choice but for you to hope you can keep up with the Lion - but it shall not be enough.

Because when the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, the three of you shall serve as the sign…

… that the light of the cosmos has lit up once more!”

Fade to black.

2000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Raion Kido's post:
JimCaedus (01-05-2023), Mastermind (01-05-2023), Theo Pryce (01-15-2023)