Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-30-2024, 09:29 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
An XWFmas Carol II
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

12-16-2022, 11:48 PM

We return once again to the dampest, darkest reaches of the XWF. Here, within these moaning and tormented walls, just as last time, sits the good doctor. The flame as high and bright as it ever was burning behind him. The book from which he was reading to us sat on his lap closed as he held out a glass of bourbon to toast towards us.

Welcome back, my friends! Welcome back, indeed! I'm glad you've all decided to return to hear the conclusion of the untold tale, an XWFmas Carol. I hope to have stricken some of your interests, thus far! I hope to have a stranglehold on your attention! I hope to be choking you with fascination and adventure! But, before we dive in, though, let's think about what else we have in store for you all in the much near future.

In one day, the Nickleman and I will meet for the second and a half time on a rooftop for the XWF classic, Rooftop Clatter Spectacular! It appears, just as expected, that Charlie is a lot more excited about this than he should be. He did sign up for this, mind you, which is basically signing yourself up for a lobotomy (tee-hee!), but we all know that Charlie has a few screws loose if not completely missing up in that bird nest of a brain of his.

I'd like to think that the ol' Nickleman is coming into this match with a new attitude. I'd like to think that he's grown as not just a person, but as a fighter in the last year or so, as well. Unfortunately, history has a bad tendency of repeating itself. It's been proven in the past that Charlie only has so much room before he hits the ceiling, pops his balloon, and falls hard to the ground. It's a process, known and seen by all, that's happened over and over again. I'm not saying the poor guy doesn't ever gain any steam. We've all seen the Nickleman go on a hot streak before, but there seems to be only so much the man can take before he loses control of the wheel and drives straight into a wall or, in a worse case, simply run out of steam.

He's had a decent year. I can hardly speak on the matter, I haven't been around to have anything to brag about, myself. It's not filled with a list of failures, either, though. Charlie came out like typical Charlie and gave us all a full list of his wonderful accomplishments, didn't he? How he ran several people off, like Jimmy and Miss Granger… Was it the Nickleman's sheer dominance that drove those folks away? Was it his overbearing skill? His main eventing ability? His incredible work ethic and talent?? I'm not so sure about that. I knew Jim for a long time and no matter what day of the week it was or whatever punch he was drinking that day, Jim wasn't scared or intimidated by anyone or anything. Except for me, of course, which he's openly admitted before. As for Betsy? Again, I don't recall Betsy Granger getting beaten so badly by Charlie Nickles that she packed her bags the same night and hit the road. The young lady is a free spirit, has lots of friends and networks, being the traveler that she is, I'm sure she just found a different place to run amok for a while. Again, hehe, way too much credit. But, I guess no one else, even his bastard buddies, aren't handing out too many pats on his back these days. You'll have that when you drop half your prized gold in one night across several platforms. I'm not even sure how it's possible, but when it comes to Charlie and losing…. Anything is possible, right? I've seen Charlie lose in ways no other XWF'r has managed to. I've seen the crosshairs lined up, the stars align, the moon and sun crossing, and everything land perfectly in the palm of his hand for him to just carelessly drop it. When life gives Charlie lemons, he makes chicken noodle soup.

Who would have guessed that Charlie would bring up ALIAS? Boy, that fruit wasn't just hanging low, there was a whole bushel lying there just for the taking! Why wouldn't Charlie come after me about the only person in existence to have wins over me like he does? I mean, it is basically the only artillery the poor boy has! Which is kind of funny, seeing how Mister Nickleman has failed to do anything else himself when going head to head against him. Like 99.8% of us. Didn't it sound strange or absurd to him as the words came out, running me into the ground like he did?

I'm guessing it didn't.

Doc begins flipping through the pages and fidgeting with the book on his lap. He chuckles quietly to himself as he pours more bourbon down his throat.

Too much credit, Charlie… hehe…. I wish I was at a place where I could have heard the whole world choke when the Nickleman took credit for the absence of ALIAS… Just as much as I laughed when he said ALIAS was responsible for mine. To be perfectly honest, ALIAS was one of the only reasons I was still hanging around! It was years and years before a true, beyond tough challenger emerged. It was a long time, if not ever, that the heads and fans of this fine federation compared anyone to the likes of me! It intrigued me. It fascinated me! How could I not give the world what it was begging for? And when it was all said and done, after falling to him at May Day as well as Relentless, what happened to me? Nothing. Losing to ALIAS meant absolutely nothing for me. No one looked at me differently, well… aside from the Nickleman, apparently! No one thought I was any less of a threat I already was. I am still Doc and Doc IS Doc. What did ALIAS beating Doc do to ALIAS, though? The same thing that Charlie hopes with all of his might happens to him. Like getting shot out of a cannon to the peak of everyone's Top 100. Charlie knows that beating me stands for more than any title or victory he could have over nearly anyone else. He strives for it every waking moment of his day. He trains all year for it, hoping for the chance that I poke my head out for one last go before he never has the chance again.

I think he should invest in some copies of some old XWF films, as well. There was never a time during my stay in this fine federation that I was ever at a Charlie Nickles Level. My toes have never felt the cold depths of that cesspool that Charlie dwells in. Never once, after I claimed my place here, have I ever fallen to any less than a headliner. I think the only reason we're not on the poster for this one is because of Charlie and the odds of the result. Even if I'm involved, I don't even have the star power to bring Charlie any higher than pre-main event status. Maybe if we attached a Universal Title to the match or, maybe, if he still had "Connie" on his hips…. But that's all a loss now, isn't it? As much as everyone surely loves to see a Charlie beat-down, it is nothing that anyone hasn't seen before. It's a rerun that's played over and over again. Like we established before, when he's hot, he's hot. But when he's not…. He crawls. Losing streaks are not something in my record book. I've never succumbed to such a thing and I never will, my friends. Charlie has seen days brighter than the sun and reached heights that, I admit, not a lot of folks have managed to, but that doesn't hide his lowest points either. We've all had the pleasure of watching a broken Charlie Nickles. We've all seen a Nickleman at the end of his rope. We all witnessed Charlie about to quit on everything. Tomorrow night, the cycle restarts again. Whatever high Charlie is feeling going into Savage Solstice, whether it's a drug high or just high on the fact he's locking horns with one of the best again, it will be quite sobering when he's Lobotomized and shoved down that chimney.

Doc finds his place in the book and rests both hands folded together on top of its open face.

It will be different this time, though. As much joy as it brings me to shatter the Nickleman's dreams each and every time we face, I think I will add an extra kick to it this time. A little more for the money, I guess. Charlie thinks I cowered away from this place and am nearly a shell of what I used to be, let him think it. The mountains I scale are far higher than he's ever been able to reach and I'm still climbing. What everyone expects out of this match will come to fruition two fold. The beat-downs, agonizing defeats, and lows that Charlie thought he knew before will compare nothing to the new low that I will be shoving him down to. When the smoke clears and the snow settles, it will not surprise me if it takes another entire year for Charlie to even dream of another session with the good doctor. Now, before I go on too long here and lose your ear over talking about boring old Charlie, let's continue with our story, shall we?

THE HAUNTED CHRONICLES OF DOCTOR LOUIS D'VILLE
An XWFmas Carol
TWO - THE THREE BASTARDS

The doctor opened his eyes and quickly caught his breath.  Was it a nightmare?  Was it trickery?  Sorcery?  He found himself sitting upright in an armchair next to a fireplace that's barely smoldering under a single charred log.  Shifting himself around in the chair, he peered around the room for any suspicious activity or anything out of place.

It was dark, but he could see the room looked as it did when he first laid to rest for the evening.  The door was in place and locked tight, there was no debris scattered about, and certainly no sign of Unknown Soldier anywhere.  Or what(who)ever that was. 

Doc pushed himself from the chair and slowly made his way toward the door, grabbing a candelabrum and lighting three candles on it along the way.  He thought about going back to bed, if he was ever there to begin with, but things just weren't lining up right.  All he remembered after returning home was turning in; never lighting a fire or being in the chair.

It was nothing really.  He wasn't concerned or panicked by this phenomenon.  It was just odd is all.  Perhaps the drink didn't sit well from earlier?  Was it a bad pickled egg, maybe?  It would be difficult not to notice if it was, wouldn't it?  Even so, would he succumb to hallucinations or blackouts?

"Bah…"  Doc mumbled to himself, "Humbug…"

As he reached for the latch on the door, the clock on the wall began to chime.

"Ding!  Dong!"  Said the clock.

It caught the doctor off his guard and nearly caused him to drop the candle.  He looked up to the clock and saw that the two hands are pointed straight up to the Roman numeral twelve.

"Ding!  Dong!"  The clock repeated and it did so ten more times, completing its twelve chimes for midnight.

Doc stood still, staring at it as it sang to him.  Once it finished, he shook his head, mumbled some more humbug nonsense and reached for the door again.  As he opened it, he heard a crash once again coming from outside his room somewhere in his home.

EUREKA!

He thought to himself.

A CLATTER FROM DOWNSTAIRS!

Perhaps none of it was a dream or hallucination, after all!  Doc and Soldier, or the ghost of, must've tied one on extra tight after reuniting and the ghostly ghoul (more like ghastly fool!) is downstairs doing ghostly (or ghastly!) things in the middle of the night.

Doc headed for the stairwell and stopped at the top when the sweet aroma of a cigar filled the air and tickled his nostrils.  With his curiosity now peaked, he followed the smell down the stairs and noticed the den a few rooms away fully lit up.  He entered the room and, to his surprise, there was no Unknown Soldier.  Instead, Thunder Knuckles stood in the center of the room, gnawing on a lit cigar, and tinkering with a film projector while he cussed at it.

"Come on you God damn piece of shit," said TK, "No fucking clue why we couldn't spring for a DVD player or at the fucking least a God damn VCR…"

TK looked over and noticed Doc standing in the entrance of the room watching him.

"What up, Doc?"

A confused doctor placed the candelabrum down and slowly approached his most recent unwelcome visitor.  At least this one was announced beforehand, whether Doc took the warning seriously or not.

"Hello, my friend," the doctor reluctantly replied, "What is the meaning of this?"

"FUCKING THING!"

TK screamed out at the projector and slammed his fist down against it.  It clicks then clacks then kicks on! 

"FINALLY!"

He flipped it back off again and dug through a box behind him full of reels of film.

"I beg your pardon!"  Doc shouted over the now silent projector, "To whom do I owe the credit for these late night intrusions?!"

"Chill, Doc!  I got this!"

TK pulled out a reel, read it, then threw it back in.  He pulled out several more until he must have found the one he wanted and began loading it in.

"Got what exactly?"

"I got THIS SHIT!"

TK slammed the film cartridge closed and snapped his fingers which seemed to cause a film screen to unroll from the ceiling.  He clicked the two switches on the side of the projector which sent some gritty moving images across the room.

"I'm really not up for a movie night, my friend.  Perhaps another time?"

"Sorry, Doc.  No can do!"  said TK as he snuffed out the cigar on the bottom of his boot.  "You see, I'm one of the Goddamn bastards that were dropping by tonight.  I'm the Bastard of XWFmas Past and supposed to show you some shit about your past to help you remember what a badass you are or some damn thing."

"Bah…  If you're suggesting, just like everyone else has been doing, that I come back for another reign of terror…  I'm not interested."

"I don't give a fuck what you do, Doc.  I know you're a badass, but I can't leave until you see this shit.  So, pour a glass and pull up a chair."

Doc had already convinced himself that he was dreaming.  Everything was far too strange tonight and there was no way that a member from the once notorious Brotherhood of Baddies, a true bastard, would've convinced him to stay up late and watch home movies.  However, since he was dreaming, why not humor the situation and see where it goes?

"And keep in mind, Doc, I wasn't around through the first part of this, so you'll have to fill me in on some details."

So, Doc took a seat and watched closely the film TK was so insistent for him to see.  It opened with his very first couple of sessions in the XWF.  It showed the doctor making his debut at Relentless '14 and winning a battle royal.  Oh, yes, you heard right.  Doc made his debut at Relentless.  He then turned around and won another battle royal on Madness, solidifying a Television Championship shot in the near future in only his second XWF appearance.

"Who the hell was booking this shit back then?"

"I don't recall," Doc shrugged, "Something on your mind?"

"Nah, just wondering.  You apparently kicked some heads in the first couple of weeks, aye Doc?"

"Oh, I suppose saying I made an impact would be an understate–"

The film goes wonky for a few seconds then switches to Gator versus Doc for the Television Championship…

Dr. D’Ville turns around and looks at the screen. It reads 0:54. Dr. D’Ville begins freaking out. He lifts up Gator and stares him right in the mask. He smiles largely and then picks him up for the LOBOTOMY and nails it! Gator’s neck bends weirdly as he comes down. D’Ville covers quickly and the referee begins the count.

1…

2…

3!

Winner: Docto-

WAIT! The referee is calling that off due to noticing Gator’s foot beneath the rope. Doctor D’Ville looks at the referee with anger as he looks up at the time that reads 0:17. He runs over to Gator and lifts him up.

Dr. D’Ville picks up Gator, but Gator catches him with a punch to the jaw. Gator picks up Dr. D’Ville and nails the DISASTER DROP for a second time! He covers Dr. D’Ville.

1….

2…

3!

WINNER AND STILL XWF TELEVISION CHAMPIONS - GATOR

And with that, this action packed edition of Monday Night Madness, fades out.

That reel of film finished and the end of it flapped around as it continued to spin.

"You were saying?" TK asked as he began swapping out the expired reel.

"That was hardly into the first chapter of the story, my friend.  Move on, move on!  You will see!"

"Goddamn it, Doc!  You don't have to preach to me!  When Bobby gets drunk he has a tendency to bring up one of your chapters.  He likes to reminisce, I guess."

TK started the next film and it went straight into highlights of other matches featuring Doc taking down foes.  He defeated XWF Owner Vinnie Lane, long before Vinnie traded his wrestling boots for suits.  He was crowned King of the XWF for the first time.  He defeated former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar, XWF Legend and fellow King John Samuels, just to name a few.  The film skipped around to a few more chopped up highlights from matches that Doc walked away victorious and ended with him defeating Mastermind for the Xtreme Championship.

"You see!  This is where the true fun began!"  Doc said excitedly.

Scenes of Hysteria, Doc's right hand man, abducting eventual recruits to the Asylum after their matches.  The Asylum all served a Higher Power, which everyone believed was current Universal Champion, Morbid Angel, until Doc cashed-in after Gator defeated him for the title.

"So, how fucked off was Gator when you cashed-in?  He was champ for what?  Five minutes?"

"The entire thing lasted between five and ten."

"Goddamn."

"And of course he was angry!  BUT!  Gator and I could be tipping our glasses in one hand and strangling each other with the other.  We've had that kind of relationship from the start.  He's been one of my greatest patients."

The film continued.  It showed a series of Doc's Universal TItle reign including a rematch against Gator and more title defenses against Vinnie Lane at Bad Medicine, Jonathan Heartsford, and others; until dropping the title to Lane at Relentless in a heart-stopping barn burner also featuring Gator.

"I don't know who half those fuckers are, Doc," said TK scratching his noggin.

"Another time.  A different era.  People come in and phase out.  Not all can be as eternal as, well…  Me."

That reel of film ended and, without missing a beat, TK switched it out for another one.  He seemed to have only a couple more stacked up that he dug out of the box.  The next film started and went straight through the storm that was Doctor SATAN!, the team of Unknown Soldier and the doctor, ravaging through the roster and sparing no teams.  It went on

I do recall all of this, you know.  Why are you showing me this?"

"I told ya, Doc, I can't leave until I do."

"Yes, and you claimed it's to give me some sort of revelation, am I right?"

The next film started and it went straight into Doc and Unknown Soldier storming through a Tag Team Title tournament and defeating Arby Beef, the team of Robbie Bourbon and Scully, in the end to win the championships.

Doc became visibly irritated watching the matches with his former partner. 

"We would still be champions today…"

TK, being a former champion himself, bites on his tongue a bit.

"Damn Doc, if you were STILL champ…  Bobby and I would have never beat YOUR team for the titles.  Remember?  Cuntinuum?"

"Bah!  Doctinuum would have never existed had myself and Theo Pryce not relinquished them either!"

The film of Doc's past continues.  It went onto Doc working with the fellow Kings, mainly Theo Pryce, and defending those Tag Team TItles until they relinquished them at a Shove-It hosted by Doc, himself.

"That was probably the most Goddamn selfless thing I've ever seen anyone do around here, Doc.  Why'd you give them up?"

"Heh," Doc scoffed, "The environment just needed a change.  It may not appear this way through some folks' eyes, but I've always placed this fine federation above all else.  I would do whatever it would take to keep the wheels turning here."

"Whatever it would take, huh?"

The projector made a funny noise and the picture flickered.  TK beat on the side of it with his fist and straightened it out.

"Goddamn thing!"

The film started skipping around now and jumping around the timeline.  It went from the doctor winning matches with Thaddeus Duke and Corey Smith and back and forth to being crowned King of the XWF a second time.  TK started beating on it again when it let out a loud POOF of smoke and quit.  A gust of wind blew through the room blowing out each candle making the room pitch dark.

"Now you did it," said Doc through the darkness.

There was no reply from Thunder Knuckles though.  The reels on the projector started to spin again and the light came back on to show a dark picture on the screen.  Doc stood up from the chair, seeing he is now alone in the room, and walked across the room toward the screen.

Suddenly, ALIAS's big head entered the scene smiling at the doctor.  Doc, in turn, smiled right back at him.

"I figured you'd be showing up soon enough," Doc said to the image staring back at him.

He took another look around for Thunder Knuckles, turning his back to the image, and reached in his pocket for a cigar.  ALIAS's smile slowly transitioned into a scowl and the image projected out from the screen and, with a wide mouth, swallowed him up.

Doc fell and fell through the void.  No walls, no ceiling, no floor.  Doc wasn't even 100% sure if he was falling until he landed hard on a grassy knoll.  The landing took the wind out of him, so once he caught his breath he stood up and looked around.  There was no sky, just the darkness as if this piece of rock where he stood was floating within the void.  He appeared to be in a field where in the distance he heard the din of a chanting crowd of people.  He walked until he crossed the top of another hilltop and saw the old mansion that Corey Smith inherited from Madison Dyson.  The entire property is filled with fans that surround an XWF ring in the backyard.  This was May Day.

He worked his way through the crowd and can see himself standing alone in the center of the ring staring at him.  The fans around him all go silent and turn and look at him.  Doc laughed to himself then felt a hard tap on his shoulder.  He turned around and there stood ALIAS!

"Boo."

ALIAS reached back and punched Doc square in the face sending him flying back into the void!  ALIAS flew and followed him, landing several punches to Doc along the way!  With each hit, they switch through different dimensions and times, from deep space to the moon to underwater to inside a volcano until one final blow sends Doc back to his den and into a chair!

He sat for a few moments, gathering his thoughts after that ass beating rollercoaster ride.  The projector was gone and the place was as if there was never a visit.

Was it all just a dream?

Doc laughed to himself.  Perhaps, but he thought the same last time and wasn't about to be fooled again.  It was then he smelled an amazing aroma coming from his kitchen.  He slowly stood and made his way there.  Walking into the kitchen, he found a long wooden table filled with an entire feast of delicious looking food!  There was a deep fried turkey, a large pig, a goose, giant steaks and prime rib!  Fruits!  Veggies!  Desserts!  Doc looked in amazement, wondering where in the world all of this food came from.  His pantry certainly didn't contain a single one of these things.  Standing with his back turned at the stove stirring something in a large pot was Bobby Bourbon.

"Ahem!"  Doc coughed loudly from across the room.

Bobby turned, waving his wooden spoon and smiling.

"What up, Doc?"

The doctor sighed and slowly strolled around the large table of food.

"Ya hungry?  I made enough for both of us!"  Bobby said with a loud, echoing voice.

"I've actually lost my appetite, good sir."

Bobby's large glowing smile turns upside down into a frown.

"That's too bad.  All business tonight, huh?"

"I suppose you're my second visitor?"

"That no good bastard, I am."

Bobby took a short bow then started rubbing his hands together.

"Well, here we go!"

Bobby stretched his arms out and clapped his hands together poofing Doc and him to another place.  They were standing in XWF Headquarters where Vinnie Lane, Theo Pryce, and all the other XWF Officials sat around a large table within a conference room.

"What's this all about?"

"A meeting of the minds!  A lot changed in the XWF in 2022, so there's a lot to discuss!"

"What are they talking about?"

Bobby motioned for Doc to move and get a little closer so he could hear.

"They can't see or hear ya, Doc.  Go ahead and jump in there."

Doc walked over and stood between Atticus White and Smokin' Bob.  Vinnie had everyone's attention as he shuffled through a pile of papers.

"Things just aren't like they were, dudes.  We've had dark times before and even made money through the pandemic.  But times have changed, I guess."

"Are we closing?"  Smokin' Bob interjected.

"No, no," Vinnie quickly replied.

"We've come up with a plan to beat this to the curve, " Theo said, "We'll simply cut back on production and touring to maintain revenues and devote all of our talent to a single show."

"We're cutting a show?  Which one?"  Smokin' Bob seemed concerned.

"Think of it less as 'Cutting a show' and more as 'Merging the shows'.  We'll be keeping Saturday as our day, but we'll be calling it Weekend Warfare."

"Weekend Warfare?"  Doc said under his breath.  He turned to Bobby who was standing, smiling behind him.  "Have things slowed down that much?"

"Some weeks are better than others," Bobby shrugs, "I guess we have to do what we have to do?  You aren't the only pillar the XWF has lost in the last couple of years, Doc."

The XWF Officials continued to chat, but their voices started to fade and the environment became wavy and woozy.

"Ugh, what's going on?"  Doc asked and held out his arms to keep his balance.

"Time to move on," replied Bobby.

The bastard opened up his arms again and clapped his hands together, poofing him and the doctor again.  This time, they appeared in the crowd at an XWF event.  The ring apron and the signs showed that they're at a Savage apparently around Halloween.  In the ring, the current XWF Tag Team Champions, the Midnight Dolls, were taking on the new team of John Madison, Jr. and Angelica Vaughn.

"Well, would you look at that!  Dolly Waters, a Tag Team Champion!"

"Oh yeah, her and Vita are great!"

Before Doc could even start enjoying the match, it was over and they were crowning new champions.

"That was short-lived," Doc said, disappointed.

"It was.  Dolly's heart has always been in the right place, but you know what would really get her invested?"

"Yes.  Yes, I do.  I've been through enough tag teams in my day, though, Mister Bourbon.  She needs to understand that I have no interest in such ventures any longer.  If I do anything, at all, it will be solo."

"Heh!  It sounds like we're making some progress…  A couple hours ago you didn't humor the idea of a return at all!"

"Don't put your wagon ahead of the pony, sir…  If anything, that more solidifies my future of never teaming with anyone again."

"If you say so!"  Said Bobby as he, without warning, reached out and clapped his hands together again!

Now, they appeared backstage at an XWF event.  Crew and staff members bustled around, getting everything ready for the upcoming show.  XWF talent were scattered about, some congregating and others minding their own businesses and going about their own regime of psyching themselves up.

"Are we attending another show?" Asked Doc.

"Nah!  I just want you to see the line-up."

Bobby led him over to the wall where the card was posted for everyone to see.  The Main Event featured Mark Flynn defending the XWF Universal Championship against Micheal Graves.  They were at the most recent XWF premier event, Bad Medicine.

"Mark Flynn finally achieved his boyhood dream, I see."

"He sure did!  And it looks like he'll be holding it for a long, long time, Doc.  I mean, unless you or I step in and have anything to say about it!"  Bobby laughed and nudged Doc with his elbow.

"Bah..  Humbug!"  Doc moaned.

"Look further up the card."

Doc did just that and saw Jenny Myst defending the Xtreme Championship.

"Oh, Jenny.  Still scraping and clawing her way to nowhere?"

"Hmm..  Not so much, Doc," Bobby said with concern, "They're not 'Merging' shows just because of small shows…  There's just not a lot of talent out there anymore.  If Jenny plays her cards right, she could finally end up with a briefcase."

"Pfft!"

If Doc was drinking a glass of milk it would've spewed from his nose.

"Impossible!  It could be raining briefcases from the sky and Jenny wouldn't get hit with one.  It's not the first time she's held the title, probably won't be the last, but she'll do what she and her idiot on again-off again boyfriend always do and screw it up."

"I like your optimism, doctor."

Further up the card, Charlie Nickles is defending the Supercontinental Championship against Ned Kaye.  Doc basically ignores it and continues up to the top.

"Doesn't look terrible.  I'm not sure what everyone is so upset about."

"It's only a matter of time…"

"What is?"

"It's only a matter of time until Charlie gets that one Universal Title shot, Doc."

"Oh, NOW you're really stretching, Mister Bourbon!  You just said that Mark Flynn is the next unbeatable, long-standing Universal Champion we will have?  Unless, of course, you or I have something to say.  How is it you see Charlie succeeding where only you or I could?"

"Flynn won't be around forever.  Charlie, on the other hand, I think will be.  I think he'll wait around long enough or die trying, Doc.  The guy is obsessed."

"He's obsessed with beating me.  I think the Universal Championship is just closer within his grasp, and we all know Charlie…  That low hanging fruit is just too hard to pass up."

Doc looked over the card for another moment then turned around to see that another one of his bastard companions had vanished and he was standing alone in the street.  It's the same street through town that he walked through earlier, only it's wrecked.  The filth was piled up more than usual, as if it hadn't been cleaned in months.  Most of the buildings were abandoned with the windows and doors boarded up, "Danger!" tape surrounded some of the buildings, warning those to stay out in case the building collapsed.  The Drunken Barney, the town's single pub, is no longer standing.  All that was left was the rubble from a fire that burned the place to the ground.

"What?  What happened here?!"

Doc spun in place, looking at the dystopian-like scene around him.  Mid-turn, he walked right into a tall hooded fellow in a dark cloak.  They had no face and no true form to their figure.  They did not speak and only stood motionless before Doc.

"And let me guess?  You're a bastard.  Which one of you is hiding under that hood?"

Doc attempted to peer under the hood, but was unable to see nothing in the face.  Just the ever so familiar void.

"Hmm.  Very well, then.  So, what is it that you have to show me?"  Doc inquired.

The cloaked-being pointed up the road to a small house on the corner.  Doc made his way towards it and looked through the window.

"What do we have here?"

Inside, Doc saw a large wooden table surrounded by all the XWF Officials he had seen at headquarters before, minus Vinnie Lane and plus Mastermind.

"Where's the Loverboy?"

Doc put his head close to try and listen through the window.  Mastermind was speaking.

"I believe this could possibly be the greatest year in the XWF, ever.  After purchasing the XWF from Vinnie Lane for 1 trillion dollars, I'm proud to call myself the new owner of the Xtreme Wrestling Federation."

Doc took a step back.

"You're kidding?"  He said, looking up to the ghostly figure beside him.

Theo sat across the table, pouring himself another stiff drink and throwing it to the back of his throat.  Atticus White slept in his chair, drooling off to the side of his mouth.  Jonathon Barrows, Liam Desmond, and Smokin' Bob were all playing cards.

"Where the—  Where is Lane?"

The bastard pointed through the window at a small cupboard where a postcard hung of Vinnie and Roxy living on some island in the south Pacific.

"It's hard to believe Mister Lane would walk away from all of this.  Him and I, we've been part of this for a long time.  Together, and not just us, but Gator, Theo, even Mastermind…  So many others!  So many pillars!  This place has lost the support it needs!"

Doc continued to hold his face to the window, but fell to his knees.

"Tell me, you bastard…  This isn't really happening, is it?  There's a chance to change this, is there not?"

The bastard said nothing.  It turned its back on the doctor and slowly walked back the way they came.  Doc rose back to his feet and followed it.

As they approached the center of town again, Doc can hear a lot of indistinguishable rabble.  It sounded like it was someone yelling through a megaphone, but it did more distortion than amplifying to whoever's voice it was through it.  They eventually got close enough to see that the stage at the center square in town was occupied with a handful of people, and one obnoxious fellow yelling up on the stage.  It didn't take much longer for Doc to realize who it was.  It was the Nickleman.

And around his waist was the XWF Universal Championship.

"No…"  Doc muttered.  "It can't be."

They reached the stage and the doctor's eyes did not deceive him at all.  It's true.  Charlie Nickles was the Universal Champion.

"Ladies and gentlemen!  Boys and girls!  Milfs of all ages!  The XWF presents to you…  The UNIVERSAL CHAMPION!!!!  THE NICKLEMAN!!!!"

Charlie shouts his distorted message through the megaphone.

"Eunice and I couldn't be happier together!  Of all the beauties I've had in the past…  Connie…  Goldie….  Eunice definitely takes the cake!  She is the prettiest!  The smartest!  The boldest!  And thuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh seeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxiesssst!!  We're getting married and we're going to be together fore—"

Before Charlie could finish, Jenny Myst jumped on the stage with a 24/7 Briefcase and smacked Charlie in the back with it!  An XWF referee slid onto the stage in waiting, but Charlie took the blow like a true champion!  He turned around and plowed Jenny square in the face with a hard fist, knocking her back off the stage!

"KNOCK IT OFF JENNY YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!"

"This can't be true….  Jenny with a case?  Charlie with the…"  Doc's voice squeaks, "Charlie with the Universal TItle?!  What nightmare is this?"

Doc looked up to the bastard.

"You no good bastard…  You bastard!  Tell me!  Tell me there's a way to stop this!  Tell me that Charlie will never be Universal Champion!"

The bastard said nothing and Doc became more and more angry with it.  He fell to his knees and grabbed the bastard's cloak.

"You bastard!  I'll do whatever it takes!  Please!  Please tell me!  Please!  Oh, you bastards!  You're all bastards!"

Doc shook the cloak more, closing his eyes, weeping into it.  He wept until he no longer felt the cold chill of the wind outside or smelled the rotten smell that lingered in the streets.  He opened his eyes and was no longer in the dirty street.  He was back in his cozy bed, within his home that appeared unbothered by the visits he had the night before.

He rushed out his bedroom door, threw on an overcoat, and stormed the streets!  There was Mark Flynn, doing his normal thing in the center of town to his normal crowd of people, and yes, while holding and flailing about his Universal Championship.  Barney Green was just opening the tavern for the day as the Drunken Barney stood, in as good condition as it has ever been.  Mastermind continued selling his high collared, white "I Mastered Your Mind" shirts just outside, apparently making a killing in sales today already!  Doc rushed down the street to Theo Pryce's home.  He looked through the window to see Theo sitting with his family and also Vinnie Lane and Roxy Cotton all enjoying a wonderful XWFmas morning.  Doc changed his face from the bright, glowing smile to his normal dark scowl before burstin in through the door!

"Doc?"  Vinnie said as he took a chooch from his vape pen.

Doc grumbled.

"What's up, Doc?"  Vinnie asked.

"Wondering where Mister Pryce is this fine morning.  He's several minutes late."

"Holy man, Doc!"  Theo shouted.  "I told you!  I'm not coming in today!  I don't work on holidays!"

Doc stood silent for a moment, but could no longer hold it in.  He burst into a smile and gleeful tears and wrapped his arms around everyone within reach!

"Why, of course not!  Why would any normal person work a holiday?!"  Doc cheerfully said.

"Call an ambulance…"  Vinnie quietly said leaning into Roxy.

"What a fine day, my friends!  What a fine day, indeed!  And we shall celebrate it together!  Tell me, Mister Loverboy…  You are still running the show here, correct?"

"Uhh..  Yeah, dude.  I'd never let this place go."

Doc stretched his smile further than he ever had this day.  And some even say that his heart even grew three sizes…  And a new fire sparked.

Was it all a dream?

It all seemed like one, but Doc felt different.  He came-to with a different attitude.  Seeing what could become of the place that he adored so much without him, or anyone else to choke out and chop off the head of the weak, gave him a similar drive that he had as a new XWF superstar.  Before the accolades, titles, and records.  Before the Hall of Legends.  Before the miles and miles he climbed up the great mountain that was his career.  Looking ahead, Doc saw another mountain.  He saw more accolades.  More titles.  More records to break.  The bleak light that was at the end of the tunnel before is bright and as illuminated as ever and a new hunger now grows within him.  The doctor and his friends celebrated and partied all through the day and long into the night.  Once it was all said and done and everyone had their fill of food, presents, family, love, and XWFmas cheer, Vinnie Lane left us all with one final thing to take home with us.

"Gather around, ya'll!  I have something to say."

With all ears and eyes upon him.

"Fuck Ghost Tank, everyone."

THE END

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
Atticus Gold (12-17-2022), Finn Kühn (12-20-2022), King Kieran (01-03-2023), Marf (12-17-2022), Mark Flynn (12-17-2022), Theo Pryce (12-17-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-17-2022), Unknown Soldier (12-17-2022)