Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:43 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Time
ElijahMartin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-11-2022, 05:19 PM

Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion’s paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood;
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger’s jaws,
And burn the long-lived phoenix in her blood;
Make glad and sorry seasons as thou fleet’st,
And do whate’er thou wilt, swift-footed Time,
To the wide world and all her fading sweets;
But I forbid thee one most heinous crime:
O! carve not with thy hours my love’s fair brow,
Nor draw no lines there with thine antique pen;
Him in thy course untainted do allow
For beauty’s pattern to succeeding men.
Yet, do thy worst old Time: despite thy wrong,
My love shall in my verse ever live young.

I’ve gotta hand it to him, that Billy Shakespeare was a very wise man… but let’s go a little deeper. Shakespeare begins this sonnet by considering how time destroys both the mighty and the mild, the strong and the gentle: the lion’s paws are blunted by time, as are the tiger’s jaws, and the earth which gives life to every living thing ends up devouring every creature (because we and other land animals end up in the ground, rotting into the earth). Even the phoenix – the mythical bird that was supposed to live forever, as it rose from its own ashes to live again – will be devoured, in the end, by time.
In lines five through eight, Shakespeare tells Time to do as it wants – but he urges it not to commit one particularly ‘heinous crime’. In line 9, Shakespeare asks Time to refrain from carving the Fair Youth’s brow with its ‘hours’: i.e. not to let the young man’s youthful features give way to wrinkles and other signs of age.
He then asks, in line 10, that Time ‘draw no lines there with thine antique pen’. This essentially rephrases what the previous line had said, but Shakespeare’s use of the word ‘lines’ gives the word a loaded meaning here. It is as if Shakespeare, the writer of lines, is in a battle with Time, the etcher or drawer of lines, as to who can win out – and whoever wins will determine whether or not the Fair Youth will ever age and die or not.
Lines eleven and twelve then continue this request, with Shakespeare asking Time to leave the Fair Youth alone as it continues on its course – allow the Youth, Shakespeare urges, to remain so he may serve as a template or guide for future generations.
The concluding couplet is unusual in that it doesn’t simply wrap up the preceding argument made in the rest of the sonnet: it overturns it. You know what, Shakespeare says: forget it. Do what you want. The Youth will remain forever young in Shakespeare’s verse, which will serve to ‘immortalise’ him.

Time is defined as a measured or measurable period, a continuum that lacks spatial dimensions. This broad definition lacks the simple explanation that humans are searching for.  There are many scientists, philosophers, and thinkers who have tried to put time into understanding terms. The aspects of time that we can understand are only based on what we can perceive, observe, and calculate. 
Every day we look at our watches or clocks.  We plan our day around different times of the day.  Time tells us when to eat, when to sleep, and how long to do things for.  If time were based on these simple terms, then this mysterious enigma would not be up for debate.
Time is among the very few things that once lost can never be recovered. Think about it: the average life of a person is just a reservoir of 2.4 billion seconds or 75 years in first world nations, where life expectancy is quite high. The situation is worse in third world nations. So, each passing second our reservoir sheds time, just like in an hourglass.
Unfortunately, most people do not realize how precious time is until the later years of their lives. Money lost can be recovered; trust broken can be amended; opportunity lost can be replaced by another opportunity. However, when time is lost it has gone forever. So, what makes time so precious that we have to make the best out of it?
Ever heard the phrase that “time stands still for no man”? Well, it is as clear as that. Time is always in motion. It does not stop for no one, rich or poor, famous or ordinary, Muslim or Christian, man or woman. Each person is given 24 hours a day to either utilize it or waste it away. Time waits for nobody, but it gives us equal duration to follow our dreams or waste them. Since it cannot be contained, we are only gifted with the power of memory to capture all the great moments that made our lives worthwhile.
Secondly, time is priceless. You have probably heard the saying that “the best things in life are for free”. Same goes with time- it is the best gift that life has to offer us. You cannot put a monetary value to time. You cannot redeem it with any form of money or property. If that were the case, then many wealthy men would have traded their billions of dollars to enjoy more time on this lovely earth.
People actually say that “they are buying time” to mean that they are delaying the inevitable. The truth of the matter is that they are wasting their precious resource not doing something that they will end up doing it in the near future and in the process waste more time.

Why am I talking about time so much? The way I look at things, it is very possible that my time in this business is starting to wind down - this has nothing to do with the company or CCP Enterprises, but it is an important observation for someone to make. When it comes to being observant and self aware, it has to be paramount in the mindset of a pro wrestler.
I spent a lot of time in recent months thinking about what direction my career was ready to take, and now that I have made an important decision which will come to light in the coming weeks, I can focus on the important things. I continue to live in a constant darkness that follows me with every step I take, a darkness that I have completely and totally embraced. As I move forward, it’s going to be a time for me to close chapters of my life and career that I feel have been previously left incomplete or with a lackluster ending that needs to be unwritten.
Reggie Estrada, you are one of those loose ends that need to be tied up and put to bed for good. You wanna come out and confuse everyone by bouncing between English and Spanish, talking a whole bunch of nonsensical gibberish that would be best served in a fairy tale children’s book than a wrestling promo. By the end, I’m sure I speak for a lot of people when I say all I could say and think was DIOS MIO!!
All the flash, the pageantry… plain and simple, all the bullshit surrounding Reggie Estrada is all a big lie, both as a pro wrestler and as a man. You may think that you are a big shot who can do whatever he wants and you have championship gold in your future, but the darkness that I bring is ready to put out the light you carry around. I have a mission, a calling, a prophecy to fulfill before I bid adieu to this business… and I’m not gonna have some flash in the pan jackass like Reggie Estrada stop me in my tracks. Time is up, Reggie… it’s time for El Rey to treat you like the pandejo you truly are!

Edit Hate Post Like Post