Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:49 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Autobook Yay or Nay
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay
27.27%
3 27.27%
Nay
72.73%
8 72.73%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As a follow up to the follow up
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

11-04-2022, 06:44 AM

Next question. 

Currently Anarchy and Madness are autobooked shows. Many feds who utilize the one show format autobook. 

If we move to one show per two weeks should we also adopt an autobook format?.

To clarify, we would still have a thread for people to opt out, but if you don't opt out then you would be auto booked.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Prince Adeyemi Online
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-04-2022, 08:09 AM

I like the autobook system if it allows for angles to be worked in regardless of whether someone RPs or not - might make us take the win/loss less seriously in the long run too while hopefully prioritizing storytelling.

Similarly sometimes I might just miss an opt in for a show out if busyness.if there's a fixed soft/hard deadline day, I'll at least know I need to get a roleplay in once or twice a week.

I do prefer to work on shorter length RPs than some others on here - would it be possible to be kept within a specific ruleset?

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prince Adeyemi's post:
Theo Pryce (11-04-2022)
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

11-04-2022, 01:31 PM

For the 'main show', or what is classified as prime time, I'd prefer a thread to opt in, rather than one to opt out. Which is what it essentially seems to boil down to. Very much so, in fact.

Forgetting to opt in is much less damaging (or consequential, or whatever...) for a writer, than forgetting to opt out. If you forget to opt out on a week/show you really can't go, you're basically losing by default unless you fire up contingency plans that might have a real life impact.
If you forget to opt in, well.... chances are you can still be added to the card last minute if you so desire, or you'll have to be happy with a character developmental piece and backstage segment, aka no harm done.

Just my opinion though, and I can imagine people disagree with me on that. But that's how I voted.

[Image: PevUv6s.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
Prince Adeyemi (11-04-2022), Theo Pryce (11-04-2022)
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-04-2022, 02:00 PM

I’d like to vote for more follow ups

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marf's post:
Theo Pryce (11-04-2022)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-05-2022, 04:27 AM Brick  RE: As a follow up to the follow up -->

Making sure I understand how the auto opt in would work. This would be based on your roster page, correct? So, people listed as full time would be autobooked, but if you didn't want to be subjected to autobooking and would rather specifically opt in when you want to, you would need to set your roster to part time?
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

11-05-2022, 04:47 AM

We would likely do away with the Prime Time and Part Time Prefixes, Anarchy and Madness would stay because of those show formats but everyone else would be lumped into the same roster category.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (11-05-2022)
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) Offline
EOL15072023

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-05-2022, 04:57 AM

Hmm, problematic.

On one hand, I do think auto booking would help with overall ease of booking and storytelling. I also worry about a model that requires specifically opting out. That's just an added headache for multi-characters and anyone who is literally part time.

If we kept part time as a classification, I would have no issue with this.

Anarchy - Madness - Savage : Autobooked

Part Time - Only booked when opted in

[Image: MOSHED-2023-6-19-16-15-56.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like (Gravy_Xtreme_5000)'s post:
Finn Kühn (11-05-2022), Prince Adeyemi (11-05-2022)
John Madison Jr. Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

11-05-2022, 09:09 PM

(11-04-2022, 01:31 PM)Angelica Vaughn Said: For the 'main show', or what is classified as prime time, I'd prefer a thread to opt in, rather than one to opt out. Which is what it essentially seems to boil down to. Very much so, in fact.

Forgetting to opt in is much less damaging (or consequential, or whatever...) for a writer, than forgetting to opt out. If you forget to opt out on a week/show you really can't go, you're basically losing by default unless you fire up contingency plans that might have a real life impact.
If you forget to opt in, well.... chances are you can still be added to the card last minute if you so desire, or you'll have to be happy with a character developmental piece and backstage segment, aka no harm done.

Just my opinion though, and I can imagine people disagree with me on that. But that's how I voted.

Gonna have to agree with my tag team partner on this one. I signed a pay per appearance contract, I'll let you know when I'm available. Who does Theo think he is?
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes John Madison Jr.'s post:
Finn Kühn (11-05-2022)