Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:02 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PlaceMarker Buns out, stakeout
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

11-02-2022, 09:35 PM

From Ruby’s Go-Pro…

The Banana-Lime Blur was perched atop a gargoyle, using her Rubygoggles to survey the world below.

Ruby had always taken pride in her work. She was a respected member of the superhero community, in spite of not being superpowered whatsoever, and she liked to think she had earned that respect through merit. Hard work. THE GRIND! And yet, during days like these, she wondered why she was doing it.

The GHOC had sent her on a special mission. But what that boiled down to, was surveying a rich people party, and make sure nothing got stolen. What made it worse? Her boyfriend was one of the invitees. She was like the reverse-Catwoman, and Centurion was like the reverse-Batman. She had to PREVENT robbery, and her boyfriend just had to mingle, be rich, and be extremely handsome (which required zero effort on his part).

Ruby sighed, as she put the goggles down. Nothing was going to go down tonight. She had scoped out the area, checked for tracks in the surrounding woods, and scrubbed the deepweb for any kind of hint at a potential attack or attempted theft. This was a waste of time. She thought back of her conversation with the GHOC’s Inquisitor…

Ruby: “Are you flippin’ kiddin’ me, my gal?”

The Inquisitor of the Grand Hero Overseeing Committee pulled up her nose. She was a tall raven-haired woman, which made sense because her superpower was being able to turn into an Unkindness of ravens. That didn’t sound very impressive, but it meant she had eyes and ears everywhere. Meaning information. And information was power. As she turned back towards Ruby, her long dark cloak swooshed across the ebony marble stones, kicking up the dust.

”I’m afraid so, my dear. After what you and WarpZone did, you should be thanking me for not erasing stamps out of your Compendium! Travelling back in time, and enlisting that creep PageStrider to help you dive into Mary Shelley’s original Frankenstein manuscript, what were you thinking? You’re supposed to be the smart, level-headed one!”

Ruby: “I did what I had to! And it stopped FrankenFury! So I think I was well withing my rights and boundaries.”

”Sure, you stopped her. Temporarily. And you managed to avoid a dozen time paradoxes. Honestly, Ruby, if any other Hero did half the things you did, I’d have them sent to the Phantom Zone. You’re getting off with celebrity watching. You should be grateful!”

Ruby: “But I’m the worst person to put on that job, my dudette! My mans is gonna be at that party, do you honestly think I’ll have eyes for anything but him? They could be robbing the place blind whilst I’m checking him out with my goggles!”

”Nice try, but not even you can convince me that the Super Dear’O lacks professionalism.”

Ruby: “Then just let me go with him! Undercover, as his +1! I’ll be ON the scene!”

”That WOULD be a good idea, were it not that there’s not a single person from Seattle to Miami who doesn’t know your true identity. Honestly, you’re wore at maintaining your secret identity than Tony Stark! Price of fame, Ruby dear. So, do we have a deal?”

Ruby sighed, until she eventually nodded.

Back in the present day, Ruby groaned again. In the end, it was probably for the best that she and Centurion were spending some time apart. Yes, their relationship was healthy, but in that weird business of theirs, even a moment’s hesitation could lead to serious injury. And she’d rather spend a few days looking at Centurion as her opponent, rather than her significant other, if that meant either one of them had to feel guilty about losing focus and causing injury.

The Banana-Lime Blur relaxed, and spoke to her Go-Pro audience.

Ruby: “My dudes and dudettes, ish da Mayor of Flipville, and I’m speaking directly to you so I don’t fall off of this gargoyle from boredom.

Now first of all, I’d like to address the shoddy piece of booking on Anarchy. Tula, my gal, you can avoid taking the fall here. Just blame it on Vinster the Spinster. Why would you not want the Centrubion Final, I wonder? Unless you think that either one of us would be incapable of making it to the final, but that seems implausible. After all, neither you or Loverdude are senile just yet. But what could’ve been an explosive final, is now just going to make the eventual final look dull in comparison.

Because I know my mans and I are going to bring it. He wants me to succeed, I want him to succeed, but seeing as we can’t help each other win honorably, we’re going to have to do it the good old fashioned way: by beating the snot out of one another.

It’ll be fun, I guess. But to those expecting a lover’s quarrel, I’m afraid I’m gonna have to disappoint you. I’ve already gotten my post-match care package ready, because win or lose, there’ll be no hard feelings either way, and we’ll take care of one another. I know, healthy relationships are rare, probably because they’re kind boring to the outside world? Thankfully, that doesn’t matter o either one of us.

In all honesty, I do want to win. We all know the story of how my mans ended my reign, back in the day. It’s not like I hold some long hard grudge over it, but for the sake of storylines and marketing, I’m willing to say I can get a measure of payback for that this week. It’s ironic that I’ve been wanting another shot at the Anarchy title for quite a while, and that the only path towards it now goes through the one thing I love even more. But I have nothing to gain from taking a dive here, and neither does he. So I’m going out full guns blazing and -OH FLIP AN ALARM-…”

*end broadcast*

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-03-2022), Da Bing Bong Twinzz (11-03-2022)