Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Like Jesse James
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-02-2022, 06:24 PM

"Don't do what you're thinking about doing."

Those were the last words Ruby said to Centurion before she left their luxury cabin to spend time with her family in Canada. They mutually agreed that it would be best to be separated from each other as they prepare for their match against each other on Anarchy.

They both know the score. They both understand that professional wrestling is a business, and sometimes you have to face off against people you actually like. There's nothing personal, there's no hard feelings, and if they're both going to be successful, they have to be prepared to defeat one another.

And yet…

We open up at Centurion's luxury cabin in the Poconos. There, we see Centurion standing on the back deck in workout attire, breathing heavily as he just returned from a run. He takes a deep breath before sliding open the glass door that leads into the cabin. Standing inside is Nellie, who already has a glass of ice cold ginger ale poured in a glass. Centurion seems taken aback by Nellie's presence as she hands the glass over to him.

"I wasn't expecting you today." Centurion says as he grabs the glass and places it up against the side of his face. "I didn't think you'd be in until tomorrow."

"Yeah, well…" Nellie responds as she tilts her head back and forth. "...Erin is working a couple shifts at the Rabbit this week, and I have nothing else going on, so I figured I'd crash here. Besides, I know you could use some company."

Centurion takes a long gulp of the ginger ale before setting the glass down on the counter. "I don't need any company. I have Athena." Centurion gestures over to his black cat, who is lying passed out in a windowsill. "And she's already getting a jump on our afternoon plans."

"Yes, well, while I understand that you and Athena are kindred spirits…" Nellie says sarcastically as she glances over at Athena, who has not moved a muscle. "...I also know that interaction with actual human beings is important. Besides, I want to make sure you're actually preparing."

"What are you talking about?" Centurion asks in a quizzical tone. "I just went for a jog. Why wouldn't I be preparing?"

"Don't bullshit me, Dad." Nellie says in a stern voice. "I know what you're thinking. Ruby knows what you're thinking. The entire world knows what you're thinking."

Of course, Nellie was right. The thought of Centurion throwing his match against Ruby had been an internal discussion. In his mind, a win and another title would be huge for Ruby and her career, whereas Centurion already had a resume a mile long. A loss wouldn't hurt him, but it would help Ruby a lot.

Problem is, Ruby has a very similar mindset. In her mind, the business isn't about wins and titles, but doing the right thing and spreading a message. Centurion is the one more obsessed with titles, and another belt would mean a lot more to him than it would to her.

"Yeah…" Centurion says as his voice trails off. "But I know Ruby is having the same thoughts, and we decided since we can't agree to who should take the fall, we might as well just play it out. And we're not allowed to feel bad if we win, which…"

"Yeah, good luck." Nellie says, cutting him off. "The plus side is, whoever loses is going to be happy, so you could always be happy for their happiness. It does put some intense pressure on you, though."

"Why's that?" Centurion asks before he takes another sip.

"Because if one of you is going to knock the other out of the tournament, then you HAVE to win the title, or else it would all be a waste."

Centurion nods. "Yeah, but…I mean…we're GOING to win the title. The two best wrestlers on the entire brand are facing each other in the same match. This isn't an opinion - it's a fact. HGH is mid, at best, and Unknown Soldier is a shell of his former self. And once we get past them…"

"First of all, don't look that far ahead." Nellie says, scolding Centurion. "Either of those two could beat you if they catch you sleeping. Secondly, I know you're going to tear down Edward and assume he isn't a threat to you, but he's beaten back every challenge that has been thrown to him so far. And of course, none of it matters if you can't get past Ruby."

"I hate to say it like this, but…" Centurion pauses, thinking about whether or not he wants to say what he's thinking. After a few seconds, he finishes his sentence. "...I've already beaten Ruby. With all things equal, I know I'm better in the ring than she is."

"Yeah, you keep thinking that." Nellie says in a mocking tone. "From where I'm standing, I can't say I agree with you."

"Seriously?" Centurion asks, almost insulted by Nellie's comments.

"Yes, seriously." Nellie snaps back. "And if you were standing where I'm standing, you'd say the same thing. Yes, you beat her once. In a scaffold match that included an interference by GD, if you don't remember. Outside of that, you've done nothing in the past year that's proven you're better than Ruby, who has been the face of Anarchy since she signed there. She would be a challenge to you when you're at your best, and right now, I don't know that you ARE at your best."

Centurion grits his teeth in anger, but doesn't respond. After thinking for a few seconds, Nellie's words start to creep in, and he comes to the realization that he might be right. This match with Ruby isn't just some slap fight between two lovers - it's to determine the undisputed superstar of the brand, and Centurion isn't the incumbent at this time.

"Alright…then let's get to work."

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021