Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:25 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Hallowhat...?
Angelica Vaughn Offline
The One True 5'11 Vaughnemous One!

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

10-28-2022, 10:51 PM

San Antonio Community College
October 28th
Dormitories

It was the weekend before Halloween, and the SACC was in full Halloween mode. There were so many spider web decorations throughout the campus hallways that it looked like Spider-Man himself had been chasing a fleeing bandit. There was nary a corner to be found that wasn’t stuffed with a Jack O’Lantern, fake skeleton, witches’ statue or a broom, or some sort of ghoulish figurine.

However, Angelica had drawn the line at black cats being used, real or otherwise. After all, there was nothing scary about those! And the stigmatization of black cats was actually a horrible and cruel thing! In fact, the association of evil witches with black cats, or even just cats in general, had actually contributed to the spread of the plague a few centuries ago. The black death as it was also known as, was spread by vermin like rats, who were more than free to go about their beeswax because there were barely any kitties to hunt them down.

So no, black cats weren’t going to be used as Halloween props, and that had been Angelica’s final decision. As head of the Kappa Alpha Tau sorority, she was in charge of the campus decorations as they were anticipating their massive school-wide Halloween party on Monday. But FIRST, the school’s only sorority had a bit more of an exclusive event: a girls only sorority spooky slumber party!

Not everybody had been able to make it, as more than a few of the Kappa Alpha Tau sisters were actually grown women who combined their studies with an extra job or two, or had to take care of their kids in the evening. But those who had managed to find a babysit or someone to cover their shift, were happily chatting away in their spookiest peejays, as well as the masks Jessica had made for them, whilst drinking the pumpkin punch and Hobgoblin beer.

But now, it was time for the ultimate slumber party classic: the movie!

Angelica, clad in her fanciest spider pajamas, clapped her hands to get the attention of her sorority sisters. The likes of Angela, Pamela, Sandra, Rita, Jessica, and a few others paused mid-drink and quit their idle spooky chit-chat.

”Friendos, countrywomen, city inhabitants, lend me your earholes! Thankies to the max for being here with us as we slowly work our way towards the culmination of spoopy season! NAO, I know a lot of you have been looking forward to the main event, which is the SLUMBER PARTY MOVIE, obvs! Before I present you with the shortlist, I just wanted to tell you I appreciate all of the hard work you guys have put in for this Halloween. Those who know me, know that I tend to be more of a Christmas gal, but the teamwork and sisterhood on display these past few weeks has been nothing short of totes amazeballz! I’ll admit it has given me a newfound appreciation for this whole Halloween thingy.

See, I was never really allowed to celebrate when I was younger. My… father… called it hedonistic and perverse. A blight upon a modern society that thought itself morally superior but had no shame indulging in heathen behavior. Now, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, obvs, because you guys have shown me that Halloween isn’t about any of that. It’s about recognizing that it takes true courage to overcome your fears, and that you can only be brave by being truly terrified in the first place. And one thing is for certain: that’s always much easier to do if you have someone by your side that you can trust.

See, I’ve let myself down this year on many occasions. I’ve let myself down, and therefore I’ve let my friends down, too. I’ve come up short in matches I know I could’ve won, know I SHOULD’ve won, but for some reason I haven’t been able to get it together these past few months. Not really. And I guess it’s because I was afraid of failure. Afraid to step into the big bad world without my #CoolKids friends backing me up, and without me being there for them in return. I feel like I’ve always been at my best when I can synergize with someone. And you guys have given me plenty of synergy.

And I sure do hope I can synergize properly with my newest taggie as I hope to finally get my first taste of championship gold in the XWF. John Madison Junior is his name.”

A few girls in the crowd whistled, and Angelica rolled her eyes.

”Come on, guys, it’s not like that! Yes, I’m single, yes I guess he’s not NOT cute? But I’m a professional, and workplace relationships are ALWAYS a bad idea. Well, except for when my sister married her co-worker, I suppose. Or when my BFF Roxy got engaged to the owner of the company she works for. Or when Ruby and mister Centurion got together. Or when Atara and James Ra-… N-E-Wayz, what I was trying to say is that I am a good partner. As in TAG TEAM PARTNER, Sandra! Don’t start like my sister, who’s been egging me on to find a cute boy for YEARS now, and it’s still extremeballz annoying-as-flame!

I guess where I’m going with is this: I can work with anyone. Don’t believe me? Heck, I teamed with Jenny Myst to help guide the Meat Clowns to a runner-up spot, right? And while I know it was a long time ago, and I know past achievements count for very little around here, I was once put into a rando tag pairing with Dave Rydell in the UGWC and we became one of the most dominant tag teams of the past decade! I’ve won tag team titles with almost everyone I’ve formed a team with, and I don’t think Johnny Madz and I will be an exception. Even if the team we’re facing is extremely awesomeballzest talented.

And how fitting it is that Vita and I face off again. I’m not going to lie, beating Vita in our singles match was the absolute highlight of my singles career in the XWF so far. But facing a vampire so close to All Hallow’s, in a graveyard? I’d be a fool not to give pause and ask myself just what I’m getting myself into, exactly. I mean, what if she goes rogue and she drags me under the soil to try and turn me into a… Vaughnpire?? AXLY, that’s a pretty neat idea for a Halloween gimmick…”

Angelica quickly scribbled it down in her Hello Kitty Moleskine.

”…also kinda EW, but whatevs. I was talking about Vita! And alluding to what I said before. You’re only brave if you face your fears. And despite me beating Vita, she still scares the Baby Jesus out of me. I guess that’s why I’m so proud of my victory over her, because I had to dig SO deep to do it. And I guess that’s why I’m so disappointed in myself when I ended up losing to Isaiah King.

Now, Isaiah is very, very talented. But you gotta call it like it is: he made me tap out. A lot of people are embarrassed about such a thing, and they will completely ignore it or never acknowledge it, or think up any kind of excuse in the book because they think it makes them look weak. Well, I don’t. I WILL acknowledge it, because it doesn’t make me look weak, it makes Isaiah look like the future champion he is.  But I also know he was there for the taking. I know I should be facing Graves for the TV Championship. And we all know how small of a step it is to the Uni title from there, seeing as how Richard Powers lost the TV title like a week ago and is now fighting for the top prize instead! In the end, I guess Isaiah got the short end of the stick regardless, seeing as how his number one contendership ultimately was downgrade to being part of a multi-man match.

N-E-Ways, that’s none of my busiest of beeswax. BUT fortune has smiled upon me, apps. Because I’m getting a title shot of my own. Well, not ‘of my own’, but alongside someone else. And honestly, it would simply reinforce my reputation as the greatest teammate you could ever wish for. And John doesn’t look too shabby either, and I’m NOT TALKING ABOUT HIS ABS, RITA! I SAW YOU GETTING READY TO SAY IT! No, I’m talking purely talent-wise. Sure, he and I spoke only once, and I also only saw him wrestle once. And while he seemed pretty down in the dumps after his loss, he should not forget that he was fresh blood being thrust into a nearly unwinnable match that featured one of the greatest XWF Superstars of the past year. He lost to Raion Kido when he was just recovering from having eliminated The Celt in gung-ho fashion… The Celt, yes, who is a tough cookie to beat, let me tell you…

I feel like we have a good chance, even though Vita is a vamp, and Dolly’s a highly touted… prospect? I guess that’s the thing about Dolly. She’s been a ‘prospect’ for a long as I can remember. Someone who’s always been ‘on the verge of’ breaking out, but never TRULY did it? Heck, even I broke out at one time, although that was in a different time and place. Maybe Dolly just misses my Sar-sar. Sis did always manage to bring out the best in her. I’m pretty sure she’d have ADOPTED Dolly if she’d been allowed. But I can’t go into this match thinking I am facing someone I’ve beaten before and someone who could be calling my auntie, which… ew, makes me feel old and gross. No, I have to go into this match realizing fully well that I am facing two CHAMPIONS, and phenomenastic talents inside the squared circle! Two gals, one more alive than the other, who have amazeballs chemistry. Both Johnny Madz and I will have to put our best foot forward… and by that I mean punting at least one of them in the head as hard as I can.

But N-E-Ways, my dearest sisters of mine, I think it’s about time we crack on, eh? And I’m not talking skulls, I’m talking slumber par-taaaaay! WHOOOO!”

A loud cheer erupted. As much as they’d gotten used to Angelica’s long monologues about wrestling related stuff (because apparently she was ‘contractually obliged’, or so she had told them), they were happy to move on. Drinks were downed and refilled, and the lot of them moved towards the far wall, where a beamer had been set up to project a movie of their choice.

”Now, I don’t wanna be a BNA, which stands for Bad News Ang, by the dubs, but the WiFi has still not been fixed by the Dean even though he SWORE he’d get a repair crew in before the party… Which means Netflix, Horrify, Prime Video, AppleTV and Disney+ are NOT an option! So I had to drive all the way down to Atascosa to find the last living Blockbuster in Texas and RENT a few movies to choose from! So I propose we all decide on the best movie to watch by strength of cheer! So let me hear you, girls!”

Another loud cheer erupted, before Angelica shushed them.

”Okay, are you ready to have your peejays frightened off? If so, I hope you’re still wearing underwear, like I am! Because I’ve brought some truly terrifying horror classics! First up…

Casper, the Friendly Ghost!

No cheers? Okies, well, I guess everyone’s seen it already because it’s so amazeballs-as-flame.

How about… DIE HARD!??”

“Angie, that’s a Christmas movie!”, Pamela shouted from the back.

”No, it’s not! Bruce Willis said so himself, so I just assumed it was a Halloween movie… Okay, my bad!

How about… The Night Before Christmas??”

“Angie, that’s also a Christmas movie! It has ‘Christmas’ in the title!” Pamela said, once again.

”But… it has a skeleton on the cover!! That SCREAMS Halloween!”

“Oh, can we watch Scream??” Jessica suggested. An approving murmur ensued.

”Don’t have that one, SOZ! I DO haaaaave… The Gr-”

“Okay, Angie, whether it’s The Gremlins or The Grinch, those are ALSO Christmas movies!” Sandra said.

”Gremlins? No no, it’s The Grinch!! And how did you know? He tries to destroy CHRISTMAS, what could be more horrifying than that? Aren’t you trying to be scared?? But FINE! Tough crowd tonight, I guess. But not to worry, because I have the epitome of horror movies! A true Halloween classic!!”

“Is it Halloween?”

“Nightmare on Elm Street?”

“Friday the 13th!”

“Texas Chainsaw Massacre!”

“The Grudge!”

“The Ring!”

“The Eye!”

“The Evil Dead!”

“Frankenstein!”

“Silence of the Lambs!”

”NOPE! I have the ULTIMATE horror movie… HOCUS POCUS!!”

…..aaaaaaand the crowd went MILD. MILD. AS. FLAME.

“But Angie, that’s not a scary movie!”

”It has WITCHES!!”

“It’s a fantasy comedy, not horror!”

”The clerk told me it was a Halloween Classic!!”

A disapproving murmur broke free, and Angelica rolled her eyes. Eventually Angela, the sorority sister, held up her hand.

“Angie, I have a Blu-Ray copy of The Conjuring, can we just watch that?”

”Errrr… What’s it about?”

“It’s better if we just watch it…”

”Well… fine, I guess.”

25 minutes later…

Angelica ran out of the dormitories screaming. That was WAY too scary!!! How did people enjoy those kinds of movies? She couldn’t stand watching it for another single second or she might’ve urinated!

Breathing heavily, her heart racing, she put her hands on her knees and shook her head. Spooky season was not HER season, that much was obvious.

She needed a distraction. Something a bit more pleasant. She took out her phone, and texted her new tag partner. Other than their rather awkward meeting in the parking lot, they hadn’t communicated much, and she wanted to make sure they were on the same page. He’d come across like an anxious fellow, almost as if something had constantly been distracting him. Of course, he was still distraught at his loss to Raion Kido, but he seemed like a nice guy… if a bit weird. But weird was okay.

No response… Odd, he seemed much more laid back than when they’d met up in the parking lot. Maybe it was simply the context of the occasion, or maybe he was just trying to play it cool because he had a crush on her.

Nah, that was silly… In any case, his hard-to-get tactic would NOT work on the HASHTAG Vaughnemous One! Even though she could REALLY do with some idle chit-chat right now, while her sorority sisters were watching one of the scariest films Angelica had ever had the displeasure of watching.

Softly humming to herself, she continued walking down the hallways of the College. She tried to reimagine every pumpkin as a Christmas tree, ever skeleton as a Santa, every with as a reindeer…

And in her mind, she tried to reimagine Vita as ‘the one she beat before’, and Dolly as the niece her sister had adopted. It was a coping mechanism, to be sure, but it helped put her anxieties at ease. Turning a true threat into something recognizable made it much easier to deal with. For now, at least, John Madison Junior and herself were going to have to rely heavily on one another. A team was only as strong as its weakest link and she was determined not to be. If JMJ pulled his weight, as she thought he would, the reign of the Midnight Dolls would be over before it had well and truly started.

She imagined how many people would be proud of her for doing so. Her mom. Her sister, definitely. Vita and Dolly were two of the rare people she held in high regard. Kenzi would be proud, too. Roxy… Probably…? She was hard to impress, but Angelica knew she only wanted the best for her. That’s what BFFs did, after all.

But in the end, at this point, the only person Angelica wanted to be proud of her, was herself. It had been a rough stretch. She knew her closest allies would hold her dear forever, and nothing would change that. But this match was everything to her. Losing to Isaiah King had been horrible, but this would put her right back on the track towards greatness. And John Madison Junior was firmly in her corner. For better or worse… of that, at least, she was certain.

-fin-

[Image: PevUv6s.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Angelica Vaughn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-06-2022), Charlie Nickles (10-29-2022), Dick Powers (10-29-2022), John Madison Jr. (10-29-2022), Liam Desmond (10-29-2022), Marf (10-29-2022), Prince Adeyemi (10-28-2022), Raion Kido (10-29-2022), Theo Pryce (11-05-2022), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-28-2022)