Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Soft Deadline Striving To Perfection.
Prince Adeyemi Offline
The Heir Apparent
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-21-2022, 10:57 PM

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fb8c4d24ebd39a817a...y.gif&ct=g]

Isaiah King Corporation Said:The following is a work of art, a visceral experience, an unparalleled masterpiece produced by Isaiah King Corporation. It will be best enjoyed along with its musical accompaniment and your full attention, any less and you should be ashamed of yourself. Try to keep your hand(s) out of your pants, if you can - you have been warned.

Play the song.

22 October 2012, New York City, NY

A "The King’s Court" pennant waves against the blowing of a fan as VHS tape is streamed, the corner of the video reveals our date and the feint idiocy of the accents present in the room reveal that you’re obviously in New York but probably somewhere poor, the peasantry. The rhythmic hitting of a sandbag, the grunts of prepubescent glory-chasers and the shaking up of protein bottles introduce you once again to the premiere trash-bag boxing gym of Harlem, The King’s Court, our protagonists place of origin.

The camera scans through the gym, and the walls are clattered with posters of alumni and current athletes across weight divisions. Some much older than others, with one particularly freshly printed. It read:

“U16 Boxing Champion of New York City
Representing The Kings Court
The Boy With The Midas Touch
Jeremiah “King” Johnson”

The camera pans to the ring and you catch your first glimpse of the day of the young Isaiah - aged 16, clad out in black with a protective helmet on and a mouthpiece half out of his mouth. He seems to have the edge on his young opponent, the poster’s Jeremiah, swerving and ducking around a flurry of punches before throwing his own.

Isaiah’s eyes are wide, mouth giggly with a joy we haven’t seen before.

His step has a strong bouncing, back and forth. His hips are loose and snappy, his punches stiff when they hit and fluid when thrown in a combination. He’s clearly enjoying himself as beads of sweat roll down his arms and shoulders, drenching the mat beneath him. His opponent doesn’t look too far off either, blocking the shots and rolling his shoulders to avoid the brunt of the punches thrown at him. His cloudy blue eyes also scream gleeful bliss as his throws his own punches in return.

“What in the the damned blue hell are the two of you doing?!”

A sharp yell from the ringside, outside of the camera’s frame, shocks the two out of their joyful dance. Their stances drop, the bounces in their steps replaced by calculated, energy efficient shuffles and steps. Eyes narrowed out almost immediately, and mouth guards guided back into place. The two simultaneously drop their heads into a quick nod before focusing on their opponent.

“One week, one damned week and it’s play time?”

The two give a brief shake of the head before continuing with their combos and dodges.

“One damned week and you’re having fun??”

A glove comes flying into the frame, hard and fast, striking the young opponent across the face and knocking him back a step. The boy raises a hand to cover his face and on his wrist is a armband labelled “King”.

Isaiah flinches, having missed the glove whizzing past his own head. His knees lock awkwardly, and his hands drop an inch. Isaiah begins to turn his head to look towards the assaul-

“A1, C3!”

Isaiah’s hand comes flying out before he realizes it. His right arm swings in a hook, catching his opponent’s left cheek, the boy’s knees buckle and he’s on the way down as Isaiah’s left arm comes up from underneath and catches him in the jaw. The boy’s head snaps back and he lands squarely on his back - out cold. Isaiah’s gloved hands drop to his side, around his right wrist is another arm band, this one marked “Jack”.

“You’re training for the championship ‘Miah, you know what to do.” 

That’s all the man said, before you hear his shoes squeak off the ring apron and away from the camera. Isaiah drops to his knees and rips off the gloves from his hand to check on his friend’s condition. The boy is stirring on the floor, and manages to shuffle his way against the corner ropes. Isaiah helps him out, peering into his eyes to suss out a concussion.

“Jer, you shouldn’t mo-“

The boy averts his eyes, looking down and takes off his own gloves before flinging something Isaiah’s way. The sweaty black and gold armband strikes Isaiah in the face, before falling to the mat.

King.

The stream ends. Dramatic.

15th October 2022, Las Vegas
Pzzzzzzt.

Your screen flickers back to life, and you’re taken to the hand-held camera of Saturday Night Savage. The glare of the stadium lights reflect off the screen and you’re up close and personal with the glistening face of Isaiah King. He’s just released Angelica Vaughn from his grips and the announcer is belting out his name.

Winner and #1 Contender for the Television Championship - ISAIAH KING!

Isaiah gets to his feet and looks through the crowd, scanning the faces of thousands of screaming fans. His blood is boiling, his muscles are tensed and full of adrenaline.

[Image: shirtless.gif]

He finds a little hop in his steps and begins to bounce before throwing both fists in the air and screaming the energy out of his lungs. The crowd roars with a mix of cheers and boos. His arrogance rubs some the wrong way, his flair tickles the fancies of women and fans of the craft alike.

The referee comes to raise his hand and Isaiah doesn’t even look at him. How could he? He’s only looking forward. He spots a fan that’d caught his eye during the match. A young boy holding up a badly home-made copy of the XWF Television Title out of cardboard and markers. Isaiah points a finger directly at him and gives him an affirmative wink.

He knew where he was headed, but he hadn’t expected the first piece of gold to come so quickly. He did always count himself a bit… Short.

Black.

21 October 2022, New York City

Knock, knock, knock. You kids still there? Well you better be. You ain’t getting a better produced vignette package than this. Not with some of these ghosties, maniacs and has-beens on your roster. No sir, you find yourselves in the presence of greatness. In the presence of Isaiah King. Lights, camera, action!

The now slightly more familiar voice of Izzah, Isaiah’s vignette commentator, fades away as the screen fades in to a hyper close up onto Isaiah’s eyes. It’s almost as if he’s got a sweat problem, he seems to always be Wet, you’re welcome. His gaze is glued to the camera, glued to you. Tell me you’re not a little excited too?

[Image: When-Intense-Face-Didnt-Scare-You-Even-Little-Bit.gif]

“I’ve always been in this to entertain. To entertain the masses with true perfection. Every step forward, every training drill, every fight fought, every vignette released - a step towards perfection.

You see, it’s only perfection that’ll perfectly entertain. It’s only perfection that’ll perfectly reign.

The historical marker of perfection here is its top title, the Universal Championship. A title dripping with perfection, held by some the greatest names this sport has every seen. The Dukes, The Engineer, The Kings, Robert Main, Vinnie Lane.

Understandably… It’s every serious wrestlers goal. I get that. I understand that fully. Wanting the top prize.

Michael Graves - That’s what you want, isn’t it? You want the top prize.

You fought for gold here, arguably the Savage Title. The belt defended weekly, the belt put out for the entertainment of the masses… Every. Single. Week.

You went in for that title with your eyes looking past it, with your eyes looking at what you thought was the top.

You won the title and still your eyes were unfocused. You won the belt and yet you couldn’t see Flynn right before your eyes.

You won the title and got yourself injured just moments later. You weren’t looking for perfection, you weren’t looking at all.

You’re just an unfocused, gold-hungry, drug-fuelled child.

You don’t deserve the Universal Title, the X-Treme Championship, the 24/7 Title or the Television Title. Belts are a marker of perfection - and you’re far from perfect… Champ.

I don’t know if you’ll be there next Saturday, if you’ll be standing on your feet or in a wheelchair. I don’t know if you’ll be able to throw a punch or lift anything up for a slam.

It’ll rob me of the satisfaction of beating an ungrateful little shit competitively, but I’ll gladly be taking that title off you on Saturday.

And when I do, I’ll gladly show you what striving for perfection looks like. I’ll take that supposed Midcard title. The title you just saw as a stepping stone to the top, the title you were too unfocused to cherish - I’ll turn that title into perfection.

Week in, week out, I’ll hold that gold high for the masses to see. They’ll scream, they’ll cheer, they might even boo but they’ll sure as hell be entertained.

The scrubs of the locker room will come first, seeing this title has been booked for rookies and losers alike. I’ll show them a glimpse of perfection and have them begging for more as they fall in line behind me.

The mid carders will come next, jealous that I’m stealing their spotlight, jealous that I’m outshining the other titles they strive for, titles they think are more prestigious than this. I’ll beat perfection into them and they’ll bend the knee and hold onto my coat-tails for more.

Then I’ll hold this title up against the very best. The top boys, legends to be, legends already - and I’ll baptise them into perfection and they’ll sit in my court.

Gold is meant to mark perfection, not be perfection. Champions don’t strive for gold, we strive for perfection. And whether there’s gold on my waist or not, I am walking towards perfection.

You keep your eyes on that Universal Title Graves, you play and fail for the Anarchy Title HGH. Please, please, please let me show you what it means to be a champion.

When I have my way, this title will never again be defended on the lower card of a Savage. I’ll make this weekly, second tier show THE top show of the XWF. It’ll be the top, because their champion yearns for perfection.

And my followers, the entire locker room, will rise towards perfection in my wake.

I don’t care if you’re ready, if you’re fit to fight, or if you don’t have the best record coming into this match. I’ll crush you with my fists and make you call me your King, and as your King I’ll carry your lifeless sacks into perfection.

A paraplegic and a tag-team wrestler with a losing record. Let me show you perfection.”

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Prince Adeyemi's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (10-22-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-23-2022), Dolly Waters (10-24-2022), Mark Flynn (10-24-2022), Theo Pryce (11-05-2022), Tommy Slavino (10-23-2022)