Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:50 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
A Cloth does not make a Saint
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

10-21-2022, 10:51 AM

“Bad Medicine is coming, and I’ve shown the world how to reignite. But I am not done defending my place just yet!”

Let that be a lesson for anyone who would think Raion Kido was done after his loss at Relentless. But indeed, the Lion still had some work ahead of him, for Finn Kühn had challenged him.

And the only right response, of course, had been to accept.

“He styles himself the King in Rags - but I shall show him that the Cloth makes not the Saint!”

“Okay, Raion. Now it’s time to apply lipstick!”

“GAH~!”

So were the Lion’s heroic thoughts erased in a single instant by the voice of Ryleigh Dixon, lipstick in hand, and a naughty grin on her face. After all, Halloween was coming to Nightmare on Savage Lane, and since the match involved trick-or-treating, it stood to reason that the Lion had to wear the costume that he had announced. So there they were, in a make-up room in Universal Studios, the Lion sitting in front of a mirror, and Ryleigh standing behind him.

“The audience is going to love this. You’re more attractive dressed as a woman than some ACTUAL women!”

A childish pout escapes the face of the otherwise brave Saint of Athena, almost as if the mighty Lion were a house cat, but he nods silently and lets the Crown Jewel of the Dixon Family do her work.

“Well - I place myself in your capable hands, my love.”

Ryleigh winks and starts humming to herself as her deft hands apply the red lipstick on Raion. All he can do is try to keep his face from going as red as his lipstick shade.

“There. You look marvelous!”

“Thank you, love, b-!”

But before the young wrestler from Osaka can stand up from the chair, Ryleigh gives a gentle pull of his hair!

“Oh, no, my darling Lion… We’re not done just yet. You know Chun-Li's signature hairstyle. Let me work some magic with your luscious lion’s mane!”

Once again, Raion Kido is helpless as Ryleigh begins styling his hair into two buns, just like the likeness of the character whose dress he shall don for Halloween.

“Tell me, my Lion. What’s this next match you’re having?”

Helpless to do anything but talk as Ryleigh’s hands run through his hair, Raion might as well think about this match in-depth.

“Let’s see… Finn Kühn is a returning wrestler after a very long time. He started in the XWF in 2017 and was voted Star of the Month in 2018, but he never won any titles and left in shame. But now he means to make his return, and he’s chosen to challenge me.

Well, this show takes place near Halloween, so it’s going to be a trick-or-treating night. I have to get three special treats so I can finally put him down and, well… I don’t expect they’ll give them to me without my costume!”

The Lion lets out a nervous chuckle, before clenching his fists.

“But here is a nice challenge for me, love. It’s not just to prove to Finn Kühn that the name of Raion Kido is not one against which he can get an upset victory. Nor is it just to prove to the XWF Universe that this is not the end.

In the end, this is a challenge for me. To show not just to Finn, or to the world itself, that I became what I became just because I won the Universal Title. Before I was the Universal Champion or even the Leap of Faith winner, I was the Lion, the Saint of Athena…

… and that I still am. Even without my Gold Cloth. That is the challenge here.”

The Lion comprehended challenges. A challenge thrown his way was, after all, the first thing that he faced in his XWF debut - and he had been victorious.

Now, however, the young Saint of Athena was coming from losing the Universal Title. But he did not forget that he was still the Lion before he had ever won the title. Nor would he let anyone else forget.

Whether Finn Kühn remembered or not, it was the Lion’s charge before the XWF Universe to remind him.

“I love it when you sound so certain, sweetie. Now then, check out your hair!”

At that point, Ryleigh’s hairstyling job is done, and the Lion now observes a fine set of odango buns on his hair.

“You really do good work, Ryleigh.”

“I’m not a model for nothing, my lover. So!”

That mischievous grin of hers creeps up before his eyes as she presents him with the clothes he will wear - a blue and gold Chinese-style qipao dress with puffy shoulders. This is accompanied by a pair of stockings, a pair of white knee-high boots, and a set of pearl earrings.

You are going to model these for me.”

“GULP-!”

Not without swallowing first, the Lion goes to the changing room, as Ryleigh giggles incessantly, and soon dresses in the iconic Chun-Li clothes. He was no stranger to the thoughts in his head. What if this was just a monumental display of ridiculousness? What would Finn Kühn think when he finally saw him?

But then again, did it matter how he looked? This was about making a statement and teaching a lesson. What better way was there than to take everything known about Raion Kido for a spin? To defy expectations?

Besides, it was Halloween. It was a time for entertainment!

“Coming out now, love!”

Clumsily wading through the changing room door, and not without a great feeling of awkwardness, the Lion finally shows himself before his girlfriend, now dressed like Chun-Li. Ryleigh playfully wolf whistles and begins clapping with excitement.

“Wooooo! Miss Chun-Li!”

Raion makes another pout, a very funny expression on his make-up-covered face.

“Well… at least they’re going to have a fun time.”

“No doubt, my darling! Now go out there for the photoshoot and let the fans see the greatest female fighter!”

Ryleigh opens the make-up room door and speaks in a booming voice to the crowd as well as the photo crew gathered outside.

“Ladies and gentlemen! I give you, from China, the strongest woman in the world! Straight out of Street Fighter, CHUUUUUUUUUUUUN-LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!”

“Well then - here goes nothing!”

And so the Lion emerges from the make-up room, putting on the bravest face he can offer, and throwing a kick to the air, in the manner of the iconic Street Fighter. The crowd goes silent for a fraction of a second, before erupting in cheers!

“See! What did I tell you? Now go and make everyone proud!”

Perhaps, the Lion thought, this was the point of it all. Whether in the Gold Cloth of Leo or in the funniest costume he could wear, he would show the world that the strength of a Saint of Athena did not come from the clothes he wore, but from his own spirit.

And Finn Kühn, the King in Rags, would know that the Lion needed no royal trappings to rule.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I said upon the last episode of Savage Saturday Night that I would reignite, and I believe a victory over three other opponents shall serve well to prove my point.”

These are the Lion’s first words as he stands before the crowd gathered for this photoshoot in Universal Studios, the early evening breeze flapping the front of his qipao dress, speaking in all solemnity that can be expected from a man in a cross-dressing cosplay of a female videogame character.

“But I do not mean it to end there, because not only do I aim to make a comeback as I’ve done before.

This time, I am also defending the place that I have earned.

And this next match, my friends, is just one of those times, for I come to answer the challenge of Finn Kühn, the self-proclaimed King in Rags.”

Raion mimics a Chun-Li pose, lifting a knee in preparation for a kick before he goes on. After all, Finn Kühn had certain expectations, and it would be rude of the Lion to disappoint him.

“So let’s see, what shall we say about our German friend? Once upon a time, a long time ago, Finn Kühn was voted Star of the Month, just like Raion Kido. Once upon a time, not so very long ago, Finn made a statement in the XWF with a win in a Pay-Per-View, just like Raion Kido.

And once upon a time, much like a certain other King before him, Finn challenged Raion Kido.

Unfortunately for the King in Rags, much like that other royal before him, Finn Kühn is going to get much more than that for which he has bargained.”

This time, Raion strikes another pose, extending both arms full length as if he were practicing Tai Chi. Fun as this shoot was, he must not forget that he was here to fight.

And that meant that, as ever, his cosmos had to burn.

“Because you see, ladies and gentlemen, I appreciate Finn’s interest in me, much like I do with everyone else that sees me and thinks “I want to face him and test myself against someone of his caliber”, but I understand exactly the motivation that Finn Kühn has to ask for a match against your humble Lion.

Finn Kühn, ladies and gentleman, is dead set on finally making it here. Finn Kühn means to make the statement of his career, just as he thought he did when he faced Chris Chaos. He means to scratch and bite and claw just so he can not be a loser again, and what better way for him to do that than to face the likes of Raion Kido?

You may think I’m being arrogant, but this is no empty boast. You of all people know it, Mr. Kühn. Elsewise, you would not have made this challenge. You targeted the one XWF rookie that has had the greatest ascent. You targeted the one man that took the XWF Universe by storm, that made it to the top you seek to reach before he even spent a year here.

In your quest to stop being the King in Rags and become the Kaiser, you seek just that one match that shall make people regard you as the monarch you want to be.

Unfortunately, Mr. Kühn, so do I!”

The echo after Raion shouts these last words extends all over the environment of the Universal Studios entrance, even drowning the sound of the running waters of the trademark globe fountain.

Let it not be forgotten that the Lion had a place to protect - and a new mountain to climb.

“For I may have bounced back after Relentless, but I too have somewhere to where I need to get back!  Bad Medicine is next and there I mean to make my mark once more, and the road to that goes through Nightmare on Savage Lane, and through you. Few as they are, I still have my own wrongs to correct, and having been at the top of the XWF, I know how far I need to go.

So tell me, Mr. Finn, what will you bring forth to stop me? Your biggest match so far ended with your loss to Charlie Nickles. Your biggest victories were Lexi Gold and Buster Gloves. The former I defeated in a dream match when I held the Universal Title, and the latter I beat just last week, along with two other foes!

It should be clear now, Mr. King in Rags, that this is where the problem begins for you. When you come against the Lion, scratching and biting and clawing, putting up whatever valiant resistance you can muster, is simply not enough. That is why my victories triple my defeats, why only some precious few have been able to get a victory over me, and even that came at a price. Mark Flynn himself lost the Leap of Faith match before he beat me at Relentless, and Charlie Nickles lost his last chance at the Universal Title because Raion Kido was there! That is where I aim to go, Mr. Kühn, because I have been there, and I mean to once more!

Alas, Mr. Kühn, therein lies the fundamental difference between you and I. You fashion yourself after a King whose place he has to regain. You paint this picture of the King in Rags to cast this dispossessed image, but beneath that lies an arrogance, an entitlement, a desire to cry out to the world how they should bow to the King you mean to be.

Unlike you, I claim not to be a King, but even without that noble title, I hide nothing about what I am. The XWF Universe and the entire world can see that I am clad in gold.”

Raion throws a punch, the force of which cuts the very air around him.

Even without his Cloth - a Saint of Athena was still a Saint.

“And I do not mean this, Mr. Kühn, simply because of the Cloth I wear. That is why I am talking to you without it. I have taken the Gold Cloth of Leo as proof of being worthy, but In the end, the strength of a Saint of Athena comes from within - from that very cosmos that I burn every time I come out on stage and step between the ropes. That is what the strength and spirit of the universe are about. That is why I am known as the Lion!

But if you’re not into metaphysical explanations, let’s bring this discussion back to reality. I am also clad in gold because I have, indeed, held a title in this company, and not just any title, but the biggest one of all. The most sought-after prize in the wrestling world, the top title of the longest-lived, most prestigious wrestling promotion on Earth, and it was around my waist.

That is, Mr. Kühn, why I speak about defending my place. Much like Thaddeus Duke found out when he challenged me, at the height of his power, the name and the reputation of Raion Kido are not just for show. Of course, no one at the time would know the heights to which I could go, but no one has that excuse anymore. Now the XWF Universe and you know exactly what to expect from this Saint of Athena, and I hope you come at this like you’re aware of that. Charlie Nickles may have meant nothing to you, but I hope I get a better showing from you.

For it was you who asked for this match. Once again, I am honored, but calling me out comes with a price. Chris Chaos and Jenny Myst shall get their due in time, but let it be known that Finn Kühn uttered the name of Raion Kido for Nightmare at Savage Lane.

And the name of Raion Kido is not to be brought up in vain.”

This time, the Lion grins ear to ear - though defiance is plastered over his face. In the last episode of Savage Saturday Night, he prevailed over three other newcomers.

He hoped that Finn Kühn would take notice - because he was the next name over which he would defend his place.

“So there you have it, Mr. King in Rags. Do you wish to show everyone that of which you are capable? Do you wish to finally be the man that wears his own visage? Stop thinking of yourself as the King in Rags. Stop holding on to your own resentment. Let go of that crutch and stop digging deep. Build your visage as I have, and fight for it openly, as I have. For I’ve been honest and open enough to tell you that this is a match for my own place and my own standing that I must protect in order to make it into Bad Medicine, and maybe even the Universal Title once more.

But on Nightmare on Savage Lane, the time comes to trick or treat, and the Lion has a bag of tricks to spend. No treat shall appease him, and no prize shall suffice, other than the golden candy bars, which shall serve for the Gold Saint of Leo to finally unleash his power - and lay you down for the sleep of the grave on the weekend before Halloween night.

That day, the King in Rags shall feel the Lightning Bolt descend right on him, stopping his heart just enough for the referee to count the winning fall. But who knows? Maybe it shall be the sign of your future anointment and serve for you to go to greater heights. Seems to be a consequence of facing me - Atara Themis is now Xtreme Champion and Micheal Graves is now Television Champion, all after coming down before Raion Kido.

But in the end, it makes no difference, for that is the fate that awaits you, Mr. Kühn. You shall dig down deep, and you shall not go down quietly, and no one shall deny your valiance. You will scratch and fight and claw, and everyone will see it, but fall you shall to the fangs of the Lion. And I’m sure you shall not give up and rise once more, so don’t beat yourself up too bad - better than you have, and better than you shall. So make yourself ready, and make your ambition known at Nightmare on Savage Lane…”

Finally, the Lion points a finger straight toward the camera - almost as if he could go through the lens.

It was time for the King in Rags to know that the Saint of Athena was finally coming for him.

“... and I shall show you that the Cloth does not make a Saint, and that; rags or not, even Kings may fall.”

Fade to black.

3000 words (wordcounter.net)

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Raion Kido's post:
Atara Raven (10-21-2022), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-23-2022), Finn Kühn (10-21-2022), Marf (10-21-2022), Theo Pryce (11-05-2022)