Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 06:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the Love?
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-13-2022, 04:21 AM

So I've noticed that over the last few weeks Warfare is not generating the opt in's it once did and while I understand that things ebb and flow but this one feels a bit different especially with a 2 match card coming up. Savage has been getting a few more opt in's but there again, not to the level I'd necessarily like to see on a consistent basis. Though this upcoming card is solid but that seems like an aberration.<---GM Note we still need matches covered for that show. Everyone should now have access to the writers area where it shows what matches we need covered. 

So really my question to all of you out there is where do you think the issue lies? Is it the standard 3 rp/unlimited rp rules? We do have the 1 rp option available but that doesn't seem to be doing much to pull in folks. Is the roster at a size where two shows is unnecessary? Is it the product itself? I don't think it's that because this past show even with it's 3 matches was solid top to bottom. So what is it? Why no love for the XWF's flag ship show? I'd love to hear people's thoughts either here or privately if you think it's something you aren't comfortable saying here on the boards. 

Thanks.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Charlie Nickles (10-13-2022), Mr. Oz (10-13-2022), Ned Kaye (10-13-2022)
BamMiller Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-13-2022, 04:37 AM

For me personally it’s the 3rp unlimited part, I just can’t keep up with that demand especially if I’m in other feds and I think that might be the reason for other people that are in multiple. I think the shows have been great, results are always good. So I see no issues there with it.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes BamMiller's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-13-2022, 04:49 AM

Definitely has nothing to do with the quality of the shows, they’re always well written and amazing to read. I don’t think it’s the 3 rp limit either because as you said there is a 1 rp option for those that can’t pump out 3 in a cycle. Plus even before the 1 rp option was around there were still plenty of sign ups.
In my opinion I don’t think there is anything wrong. I think the roster is a little thin at the moment. Seems a fair bit of regulars are on (well deserved) breaks. Just seems like a timing thing if anything, but that’s just my two cents.

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Marf's post:
Dolly Waters (10-13-2022), The Chameleon (10-13-2022), Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Goth Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-13-2022, 04:54 AM

I am only here for a month or so, so i cannot truly say what the reason can be for others. Ithink the some people do several different shows with different rp rules and rp limits be a persuation for them to do 1k or 3k than the 3 rps rules of unlimited words. 

I prefer the unlimited thing as i can express myself perfectly, yet im also in a different fed witg multiple chars, so thats why i adapt my rp amount to whether i can do 3 or one.

A suggestion could be either perhaps two unlimited word rps or maybe do two of 7k or so word and the 3rd unlimited? I usually am around 5 to 7k words anyway as thats what im. Used to in scw. Again im just new here, but i think it may help some people
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Goth's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-13-2022, 05:34 AM

I just can't RP full time at the moment. I was going to opt into this upcoming Warfare, since I saw the sign-ups were thin, but I'll be in Tennessee all next week.

I can't speak for anyone else, though.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-97-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
Prince Adeyemi (10-14-2022), Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Mercy Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

10-13-2022, 05:47 AM

I think it's just that the roster is thin and some of the new people who are signing up aren't opting in. Plus, yeah, a lot of mainstays just aren't around anymore: The Bastards, Alias, Sarah (though she's been gone a while) Thad, me, etc...which has also hurt things. That has a good side.to it though as it leaves the door open to new people making a name for themselves and starting on their own legacies.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mercy's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Tommy Slavino Offline

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-13-2022, 06:01 AM

The RP limits have always deterred me from Warfare and why for 5 years I have only opted in a handful of times. 

The 1 RP option is great, but on a show requiring 3 where you will likely not opt in for those 3, you're just limiting yourself to low card matches and zero titles shots. IMO, and if you do get a title shot, it would obviously be under the limits that you were trying to avoid. 

IDK, personally ever since we first started the limits for the shows, I've thought the middle RP on Warfare was pointless, but that's just my opinion as someone who doesn't get into the back and forth aspect as much as some. 

The roster is also a little thin ATM as a lot of guys are taking breaks or trying to do things elsewhere. So I'm sure that plays into it as well.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tommy Slavino's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Jason Cashe Online
Champions get their name in red!
TITLE - The TV Champion

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

10-13-2022, 06:08 AM

I think it's catering but I don't know so..

[Image: z9f1KQC.jpeg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Jason Cashe's post:
Charlie Nickles (10-13-2022), Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Tommy Slavino Offline

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-13-2022, 06:11 AM

(10-13-2022, 06:08 AM)Jason Cashe Said: I think it's catering but I don't know so..

It may be catering. Last time I was there the main entrée was Asparagus Sandwiches.  Huh
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Tommy Slavino's post:
Jason Cashe (10-15-2022), Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Lexi Gold Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

10-13-2022, 06:28 AM

This month has been extremely busy for me in terms of writing, but once things sorta calm down I'll start opting into more shows. My apologies.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lexi Gold's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-13-2022, 06:53 AM

(10-13-2022, 06:28 AM)Lexi Gold Said: This month has been extremely busy for me in terms of writing, but once things sorta calm down I'll start opting into more shows. My apologies.

You 100% do not have to apologize for anything. I am definitely not looking for anyone to apologize for anything. I am just hoping some folks can give me some ideas on what may be leading to a lack of activity on this show. Certainly we expect people to take time off here and there and understand that people are rping in multiple feds and you have to pick and choose your bookings carefully. 

The point of posts like this is to see if the roster members can offer a perspective that staff might not notice. I always like to get input from the roster since it's the roster that makes this place happen. 

I've definitely appreciated the responses I've seen so far here and some sent privately. Keep them going if you have them.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Ned Kaye (10-13-2022)
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

10-13-2022, 06:54 AM

I say this as someone who is signing up for Warfare and trying to stay present on the show for the foreseeable future:

It's the workload and timing. Writing potentially 7k+ for a single match is a ton and it's one of the harder kind of schedules to keep up to begin with, but there's a much bigger thing that I think also factors into it. If you're writing for Savage, deadline is Friday. That is the end of most people's weeks. Deadline on Tuesdays is weird for a lot of people because, although it absolutely shouldn't be the case, deadline days are where a lot of writers find themselves doing the most work. It's a double whammy.

However, the other factors at play like a thin roster and still some lingering exhaustion from Relentless definitely factor in. It's not really a single issue situation. I would also not be surprised if Halloween coming up is also cutting into site attention due to how much I know us folks dig it, but that's far more speculative.

It's weird that the workload is the issue because I also don't know if there's a way to adequately fix that. Sure, the 1 RP option helps, but I don't think it should replace the 3 RP setup. It's a tough situation.

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
59 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
61 | 39 | 4
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ned Kaye's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

10-13-2022, 07:48 AM

Yeah, it’s 100 percent just the thin roster at the moment I believe. But it seems like some new hands are starting to settle in, and I’d imagine that as those new handlers continue to grow that they’ll be filling up the cards in no time (plus, efed season is right around the corner… at least I know I’ve always had more time for it during the winter)

I’ve personally been shying away from Warfare more because I struggle with the middle of the week deadline. I know it’s truly no different than the deadline for Saturday. I just find myself more pressed to get work up by Tuesdays as opposed to Fridays.

But overall I wouldn’t worry, the product is still the best in efedding, bar none.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dolly Waters's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Raion Kido Offline
The Lion

XWF FanBase:
Families & Kids, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

10-13-2022, 08:12 AM

I knew from the beginning that Savage was what I wanted to do, and I have been at Warfare when asked or out of necessity, but in my view it's not so much that there's anything bad about Warfare, but rather that I am more comfortable doing two RPs at a length that I know is within reach. It's hard for me enough as is.

[Image: yfesfA4.jpg]

Signature courtesy of Atara Themis!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raion Kido's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Atara Raven Offline
Αφροδίτη Ενσαρκωμένη

XWF FanBase:
Singles,

(Physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes.)

10-13-2022, 08:22 AM

It's always been the unlimited format for me,

And kinda just the opt in option itself. We're one of the only places that doesn't auto book.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Atara Raven's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
Jenny Myst Offline
The Queen of X-Treme

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-13-2022, 10:07 AM

Honestly, I used to love warfare for many of the same reasons that Goth does. With my Chris Chaos character are used to have long, elaborate stories, and really set up a scene. I felt like I could write a lot more detailed on warfare because it gave me the freedom with an unlimited word count to be as detailed and picture painting as possible. But due to prior obligations and life complications, savage had become easier for me. When I took a break with chaos and went exclusively with Jenny, I wasn’t as confident in my storytelling abilities so I wanted to have less words to work with. I’ve always been a good storyteller, an extremely detailed my issue was Trash Talk and I thought savage was the perfect opportunity to work on that.

Even before I took the break with Chaos Jenny was almost exclusively Savage. I like the idea of having separate rosters and only competing on your designated show (like the WWE Brand extension did in 2002-recently) but I know that has been tried and wasn’t super popular here.

For me and my busy personal life I just don’t have time to compete with the often massive word counts Warfare needs in order to win. No issue with it but I have built something special on Savage and for the time being will be exclusively there.

[Image: GxjjAcs.gif] 
 3x
[Image: 53vkwmL.png]
FORMER, 1x AND LONGEST REIGNING (101 Days)
[Image: eRm3OdS.png]
FOREVER AND ALWAYS
[Image: lJ5ayVc.png]
2x
[Image: Jdsm6ZU.png]
2x XWF Bombshell Champion
3x XWF X-Treme Champion
3x XWF Television Champion
X- Title Briefcase Holder
War Games Captain 
Sex, Metal, Barbie, CHAOS
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jenny Myst's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
"Venom" Xavier Lux Offline

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-13-2022, 03:29 PM

Because Savage rulz! Wink Even though Warfare does have the 1 RP rule available too, for me, Savage was the brand the appealed to me from day 1, and the rp window worked better for me.

Currently I'm not opting in for either show because I am in a place where I don't have the bandwidth to write even 1 3K rp with Xavier, so the Anarchy brand is going to continue to be a home for X for some time. (plus losing both title matches back to back really felt like a kick to the balls... kind of like what Star-Lord said on Endgame... "you missed the first time, you got them both the second time". Yeah, kind of like that).

I'm in the WSOW event, and I'm hoping that when that's over I'm able to reconnect with the character again, and what I want to do with X, come up with a gimmick, with new ideas, come back refreshed, and ready to compete on either show.

[Image: XavierLux2023.png]

In XWF:
13-10-1 
0-4 in PPVs
0-3 in Title Shots

Before XWF: 
3x NLW World Heavyweight Champion
1x OCW World Heavyweight Champion
2x GCWA Tag Team Champion
1x OCW Savage Champion
2x NLW Path of Destiny Champion
1x OCW Paradigm Champion
NLW Hall of Fame
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Venom" Xavier Lux's post:
Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)
ALIAS Offline
Space Jesus

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

10-13-2022, 05:17 PM

I can't really speak to the reasons people have right now but when I was looking for matches, Uni or non title, I actually went to Savage a lot more than Warfare. The reason was almost exclusively the middle of the week deadline for Warfare made it much harder to fit with my schedule, which meant I'd sometimes have to drop the 3rd rp before my opponent's 2nd was up. That just wasn't as fun.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like ALIAS's post:
Mark Flynn (10-13-2022), Ned Kaye (10-14-2022), Theo Pryce (10-13-2022)